All Comments on 'Ægir's Wife Ch. 08'

by Tara Cox

Sort by:
  • 41 Comments
wish2basubwish2basubabout 8 years ago
There must be more

Have to Sven adjust to new way of life. Thank you, Tara.

blunajanablunajanaabout 8 years ago
Really good

Okay, Sven does not have any chance to deny his wife. And his brothers.And his daughter(s). I am looking forward to him trying!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Yay!!!

More! More! More! Pleeeaaase!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Please tell me there will be more!! Pulleze???

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

I soo enjoy this story. Please post again soon.

Controlme24Controlme24about 8 years ago
Thank you!

Thank you for writing more! I love the main characters and storyline.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Eh, time to wrap up

Wonderful writing is no longer compelling. Love this series but I stopped checking for updates a few chapters ago. It's getting a bit preachy. Trying to weave in lose ends of abuse, midlife identity crisis, etc. makes for a more inclusive plot but it's plodding. I don't find the injections of realistic issues all that enticing when I want to escape into a story of a curvy, smart and loving woman and three hunky and imperfect men. So we can rest easy knowing that:

-Sven didn't die

-Monika has acceptance and support

-Father-in-law has his own issues and reason to take Kirsty's lease

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Hurry

Please hurry and write more. You are a talented writer. You make this seem so real. Please hurry!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

please more soon do not make us wait

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Enjoying each chapter, good reading, anxiously awaiting the next chapters.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Loving it!

This was a great chapter to an amazing story.

I am glad they are getting Georgia out of the abuse situation. Maybe kidnapping her mother wouldn't have been such a bad Idea. But the seasonings of she is an adult and can go to her uncle if she has enough courage for self preservation...she has to find that within herself.

Well done. Can't wait for more

gentleone58gentleone58about 8 years ago
Realistic

This was very good and those that object to real life situations being built into your story don't want a realistic story. I look forward to reading about Sven and how they get him on board and also how they care for and prevent Georgia from returning. I think it is great that you brought to light the difference between consent and abuse. Please keep writing and I know you must be busy but it seemed like a long time since your last post.

Tara CoxTara Coxabout 8 years agoAuthor
Anon...

I am always reluctant to either delete or respond to comments on my stories. One of the reasons that I post my rough drafts on Lit is for the constructive criticism. You help me to fill plot holes and pick up things that I miss. I am such a better writer for that. And I do appreciate all of your input.

But one thing I do want to make clear...my stories will NEVER be simple wank fodder of curvy women and hot men. Not that there is anything wrong with that. It is simply not what I write.

I write fiction, not erotica. Yes, most (but not all) of it contains lots of hot, kinky sex. Not because it is erotica, but because like real life...lots of hot, kinky sex is what makes it worth living, makes us grow and is the absolute best way of expressing love.

In fact, for the past year I have debated whether to continue to post at Lit at all. Does my deep musings about REAL life issues, the state of the modern world and human souls/psyches belong on a 'porn' site?

But three things continue to motivate me...

1) People/readers/fans. My Facebook is full of wonderful friends that I discovered here. And they actually like my REAL life crap.

2) LITerotica. This site was founded upon being more than just wank fodder. Presenting quality LITERATURE with an erotic (and none erotic) twist.

3) As evidence of that continued fan base, I have won contests with completely NON-EROTIC stories.

So obviously while my preachy stories may not appeal to everyone, they do have their audience here...they and I do belong here. And are not going anywhere.

Anon, might I suggest that you STOP reading my stories. Or certainly stop commenting. Because I will NEVER change my unique voice...especially not for someone who named Anonymous. Like I said, there are plenty of hot stories with curvy women and hunky guys here if that is all you want. But quit spoiling it for others who do want depth of character development, realistic plots and storylines, and purpose/meaning/morals even in their 'porn.'

For the rest of you, thank you for your continued support. You truly are why I do what I do. And no, I shall not make a habit of addressing these types of things. In the future I shall merely use my option of deleting comments that are not constructive. I just do not do so lightly as I do not want to inhibit this valuable process.

Goddess bless you all,

Tara

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Another good chapter

Interesting twist in the story, I like it. I am ever so eager to read the next few chapters and see where you bring this story. The twist of her father was really unexpected and I like it when an author can truly surprise me.

I really enjoy your writing style and agree with your comment that you are writing well written fiction with erotica in it, you are not writing wank stories. There are many other authors out there if that is what readers want. Readers like myself, however, want a very well written story with super hot sex interspersed through. Not every chapter needs sex if the story doesn't call for it!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
*stands for a slow, steady round of applause*

I am one anonymous who has been reading and commenting on your work for a long time. I complain about story elements more often than not. I hope my comments have been constructive, at least some of the time. I usually complain because I want more from the story, not less. If I want something to wank to, I have several video porn sights bookmarked. I love feeding my largest sexual organ. I love a realistic setting and plot. Something that could happen, warts and all, does it for me so much more than sexual sci-fi or torture porn. I would be profoundly sadden if you stopped posting on Lit, or took away the ability to make anon comments.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Thank you !

Fantasy, fiction, as it maybe; I have looked forward to your stories for long now. I just love them and wait for each of them eagerly.

Thank you for making me believe in love again.

subnotslavesubnotslavealmost 8 years ago
What an excellent chapter!

Thank you for this! You defined the difference between abuse proper and consensual BDSM very clearly. And more plot twists! What a talented writer you are. Really looking forward to the next chapter and finding out how Sven reacts...

Jules

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Chapter wrapped so well I almost thought this is the last one, but ....

then I realized that this story wouldn't be complete without Kirsty seeing Sven again, as well as giving birth to her twins. Still am a little surprised he got to the hospital in time (if I recall correctly, no one knew where he was), but of course it would have been a major downer to have him die then and there. Still think (and hope) we haven't seen the last of Roz (like her more and more). Georgia's joining the family surprised me, but she did need to escape her Dad - too bad Mom couldn't bring herself to leave him too. And Kirsty's Dad being gay - came as a pleasant surprise - everyone deserves to find the right partner. Although the sex is hot, I really enjoy the characters - they seem so real with unique personalities and depth of character. As always, bravo!

luv2read2

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
I hope you don't try to throw Georgia in the mix

That will make the whole thing tawdry.

FloraFloraFloraFloraalmost 8 years ago
Amazing!

I spend three days and all my free time reading everything from Ægir's captive to the end - and I'm lost! This is amazing, I've never been this trapped and crazy about any story before. Thank you! Can't wait to read about what happens with Sven!

cantfightfatecantfightfatealmost 8 years ago
This was such an eventful and emotional chapter

I could be satisfied if it ended here. I'm still angry with Sven and still have a little piece of me that says Kirsty could be just as happy with only Bjorn if they weren't in the city, but I am interested in how you will conclude their story.

joodlejoodlealmost 8 years ago
Excellent

Beautiful chapter. But as one before me said, please don't add Georgia to the sexual escapades. I couldn't bear it. I would have issues bringing in another woman at all, but it is a genuinely believable element to the story, what with her being a victim of abuse, and Kirsty being such a natural savior. Perhaps the cabin that Sven was working on could be her new apartment? It sure as heck won't be Sven's hiding place, that's for damn sure. Oh, and I love the twist of her father being gay! That was so perfect and something I never would have anticipated--sign of a good writer. I pictured Colin Firth as her dad. Just perfect. ;) I look forward to the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Best wishes.

Let me back up and readdress my comments hastily tapped out since they were impatient. Some chapters in this series are like biting into a Girl Scout Thin Mint only to realize that different bakeries have different recipes so some taste less appealing. Consistency is an issue.

If you want to make this a realistic story, less fantasy, keep the heroes' appearances so with weathered bodies, gnarled hands and a little paunch. What makes men human is not just emotional strengths and baggage. The images of Sven, Mikael and Bjorn that you posted on your other site are very handsome hunks. Would they have so easily lured Kirsty on and off the boat if not for all the physical attraction and wonderful orgasms? The erotic nature of their physical relationships is integral to the plot.

You've given us 32 chapters in which to meet and understand the principal characters. We've focused on their issues in terms of their needs, social norms, and what makes them human as a counterpoint to the "real world" (which is different for every person). Tossing in situations to readdress issues of consent and abuse is certainly your choice, that's not the issue I have with this chapter. Rather it's the quick introduction and inclusion of other characters who will play a role in a crowded trip to an escape from urban life. This chapter read like you have a list of social issues to address and are hastily trying to integrate them.

Think of a zoom lens quickly increasing and narrowing its focus. It's that transition is jarring, not the nature of the issues themselves. I feel that you've lost the pacing. Honestly as a reader (and I've been on-board w 3-5 stars since the beginning) I feel that your writing is now suffering as your energies are split between projects. Perhaps that's a reflection of your success to this point or the nature of working on the lit site.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Hooked from the beginning

So hooked that I devour each chapter when released, eager for the next 👌🏾

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Thank you for your Literotic stories - no need to prove yourself to a few narrow-minded wankers

Dear Tara,

I would like to thank you for your stories, but also express my sadness by the fact that, after all the praising comments you receive, you still don't seem self-confident enough to ignore the nasty comments from some individuals. It is sad that, after long lists of praising comments from people who appreciate your work and beg you for more, your energy goes to the one message from someone who is not enjoying your work. Perhaps you can see it as a compliment that, after 14, 12 and 8 stories of the Ӕgir's series, he/she still thinks it is worth paying attention to them.

I really appreciate the stories you've written (although I have to admit that I haven't had time to read them all. But I'm working on it...). I like how you create and develop your characters. I may disagree with some of the turns they make, but these are your stories, and you are doing an excellent job. It is the diversity of stories on Literotica that makes it such a fantastic place, appealing for a very wide diversity of people, and your stories have earned a prominent place. So I sincerely hope you keep placing your 'deep musings about REAL life issues, the state of the modern world and human souls/psyches' on this 'porn' site.

Thank you!

R.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
5

to offset the asshole of LIT"s 1 vote because his wife left him a cuck and he mad. So he takes it out on the writers of these stories.

Tara CoxTara Coxalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Thank you Anon...

I TRULY appreciate you taking the time to clarify your concerns. And find them highly valuable.

I do find your comment about including Georgia in this chapter a bit late/crammed. So trust me...in re-writes I will not miss those chances to introduce her earlier that I missed. Actually, I felt the same way when I brought Roz into the story. As a result I am including her in the re-writes of Njord's (yes, I am changing the name) Captive. She is there from the beginning...Kirsty's only true friend.

Like I said, this is WHY I continue to post my rough draft to Lit. Because of the wonderful constructive criticism that you all provide. It is also why I do not feel the need to remove my stories from the site even once I edit them and release as ebooks. The quality and content of my ebooks are significantly different from these rough drafts.

So here is the DEAL for you and anyone else who takes the time to provide those comments...if you cannot afford to purchase my finished products then email me (don't PM me here though as I do not check that often enough) and I will gift you with a free copy when it comes out. You as much as my wonderful betas and editor are the reason why I can be so proud of the books I put out.

Genuinely thank you!

Goddess bless,

Tara

Tara CoxTara Coxalmost 8 years agoAuthor
Oh...

One more thing...

No, they do NOT add Georgia to their family...like that. That would not be 'natural' for THEM. They all love and adore Kirsty too much...no eyes for other women.

In fact, Georgia will find her own 'tribe' that is safe and loving, but it will not be the same as this. It will though be what works for the people involved in it.

Like Kirsty said...love is love. Whether is be between a man and woman, a man and man, a woman and woman, three men and their woman or two women and their five husbands...but that is ALL the spoilers you are getting for Shieldmaidens' Travails.

But we ain't there yet, folks. A few more chapter of AEgir's to go.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Sven

Re reading the series, I found Sven to just be a really shitty communicator. He thinks and feels all this stuff he doesn't let out because his walls are too high. If anyone dislikes him I recommend re reading the series. Bjorn was easy, Mikael had a key, Sven was isolated and had no clue as to how to reach out. I feel for the guy!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Sounds so final.....

Say it isn't so!!!!! This is by far one of the best stories/series on Lit and I for one don't ever want it to end!

CaraFCaraFalmost 8 years ago
Oh my goodness

This is such an amazing story!! I've just spent the last two days reading the entire thing. You are a great author! I can barely wait for the next chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Again and again

Can't wait until your book is ready so I can read the whole thing over again and all at once. Devour each chapter as soon as it comes out. You are a fantastic writer and I LOVE this story! Thank you so much for writing!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
Can't wait for more!!!

Stalking your page everyday for the next chapter hehe

MissesthebeachMissesthebeachalmost 8 years ago
A book?

Love this story and looking for more. Hope the commenter who mentioned a book was right!

wish2basubwish2basubalmost 8 years ago
I know you are busy

But today, I looked and realized it's almost two months and that's a long time on that boat. Did it sink? It's been so long, I think Sven has recovered and he, Olaf, and Petrine are leading a search party for the missing family members.

I am happy for all the happiness in your life, the Goddess and the universe know you deserve it, embrace it, enjoy it but before you go off to your happy ever after, coyld Kirsty get hers?

And when she does, I want to buy her story!

wish2basubwish2basubalmost 8 years ago
OMG

Found the teaser on your blog! Making the two month wait worth it but....hurry up Literotica, post. Tara, thank you for making and making the time.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Honestly...

I appreciate the authors acknowledgement that a "submissive" personality is often the result of suffering from horrific abuse. A victimized individual can EASILY be conned into believing that they are "submissive" when in fact they have really been TRAINED to accept pain and suffering as their due in life. But that is all semantics anyway, from what I can see. What, if any, real difference is there between the two?

It isnt CONSENT.

Its the brainwashing/mind fuck which convinces a person to ACCEPT being beaten viciously, humiliated arbitrarily, etc. but that is NOT consent! What pleasure comes from giving away your own power, voluntarily, to a sadist?! How the whole bondism lifestyle is even presented AS IF there is real pleasure to be taken from being beaten with canes and whips, is incredible really.

I have experienced being viciously beaten for the first 18 years of my life, and all I prayed for was death. Later a boyfriend wanted to try spanking me because he believed (falsely) that all women enjoyed that sh!t. There was NOTHING loving, or pleasant about being an adult, laid across his lap and being beaten with his leather belt!

I n reality, when it was over, I broke down sobbing and tried to get the hell away from him. Then he slapped me viciously until I calmed myself by withdrawing into myself like victims are prone to do. He only let me out of his room when I showed him I was sufficiently catatonic/detached from reality to present a blank face for the world to see.

A person who gets off inflicting pain upon another is truly a sick individual! It is NEVER "NORMAL" to accept pain/being beaten and pretend it represents "love"!

Which is why when the author writes, "consensual play would be challenging. But for now, just allowing the young woman to see healthy affection between them would be a first step to building that foundation", I wondered if it was a joke or if the author was that removed from reality? Bondism (or m/s or Dom-sub) lifestyles are NOT examples of "healthy affection" upon which to build any meaningful foundation! It is simply a twisted belief that wanting to inflict pain is "normal" for SOME, and that accepting and allowing such a warped individual to wreak havoc down upon the body of another is "normal"/"acceptable" because of some lie about consent.

Tara CoxTara Coxover 4 years agoAuthor
Submission vs. Abuse vs. Both

Domination, submission, Sadomasochism can be consensual adult relationship types which are hard-wired into your brain by biology. In fact, one study showed that those in the BDSM community had better mental health than average.

This is distinctly different from abuse which can never be truly consensual. It is a crime.

The problem is...that abuse can hide and mask within the BDSM, as hard as that community tries to police itself.

Make no mistake though, this is a story of BDSM and poly alternative lifestyles that meet the emotional, psychological, and even physical needs of those consenting adults involved.

Even if Sven is an ass.

The problem is that unless your brain is hardwired this way, it is impossible to explain to an outsider how pain can be a release valve for stress, but it is. Especially within a healthy, committed relationship as these have.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
Dear Anon of “Honestly”

It took me a while before deciding to try and say what I wanted to say, I’m so sorry that you’ve been through hell and back only to find such a clueless boyfriend who appeared to believe that every woman is into bdsm, because that simply isn’t true. Self Confidence is a common trait amongst dominants, so they (m + f) come across as charming, quite often it’s seen as arrogance and I suppose thats true for some. Unfortunately there are going to be a lot of abusers in the world of bdsm because it’s like an all you can eat buffet for the fuckers. That’s one of the reasons why the use of tenets of Safe, Sane and Consensual are so important so that the arseholes can be weeded out and reported to the police.

I’ve endured something similar to you, not physical violence but mental and I was sexually abused for years as a child, then two children and one failed marriage later I met the love of my life. One day we decided to try aspects of bdsm, we both identify as switches and if like me you’ve put up with all the female body image crap you might begin to understand how difficult it is for a man to be a switch. I’m not heavily into pain or some of the things mentioned in this story far from it because I have health issues that leave me coping with chronic pain on a daily basis. On the cliched scale of 1 -10 of pain, my mundane everyday (bad) pain starts on a 6 on rare occasions when the universe has unicorns shitting rainbows my day starts on a 5 out of 10. I haven’t had a pain free day in over 25 years. There are so many different types of pain; Good - kink based sex, Bad - abuse/ injury/ illness/, Necessary (Physiological) - childbirth etc and Emotional - grief/ depression/ distress/ guilt etc.

It was only because I was in a relationship with someone I trust wholeheartedly that I we were able to explore and experience sex through that I gained some healing from my abusive childhood. I’d happily trust him with my life, not sure I trust him with his own because in a life or death situation he’s more likely to save me first.

I don’t blame you for feeling disillusioned about the whole thing, you have every right to feel the way you do. Personally I don’t believe in God or gods, I wanted to desperately when I was younger but no I don’t. Just because there is no actual tangible evidence or proof hasn’t stopped billions of people around the world from fervently believing in a God or gods. By that same measure science is still only discovering what our bodies can and cannot do, what people experience in genuine caring bdsm relationships IS just as real for them. It’s possible tat someday you might find some part of bdsm that you enjoy and there’s nothing wrong, bad or dirty about it.

Different people have different needs, there is no “one size fits all” when it comes to sex or kink. I’m probably not explaining myself very well what I’m trying to say is another of the catchphrases of the bdsm lifestyle is applicable; “your kink is not my kink and that’s ok”. I hope you find your way in the world, after what you’ve been through you can survive anything, I believe in you.

Tess (UK)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Oh, I love it! A rescue fantasy as well as the great sex and polyandry? Yes, please.

But you know, a few stories back, Kirsty said she had a cat in London. I'm deeply disappointed that we have not met the cat and she's not taking the cat back too!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userTara Cox@Tara Cox
UPDATE: If you are wondering what happened to me, I have not died. I left Lit. Please do NOT comment or complain about unfinished stories. Completed versions of many are available on my website to read for FREE. If you follow the links: http://taracoxwriter.com Twitter: @...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES