All Comments on 'Beebe and Petey Ch. 09: Conclusion'

by Valendon

Sort by:
  • 7 Comments
slojenniferfizzslojenniferfizzalmost 7 years ago
Tears here!

OMG! I'm so sorry! I guess I knew from your bio that it was "Chad" that died, but that is just so sad! Don't think I've ever shed tears over a Lit story before.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
McMurtry

What a sad, wonderful story. I, too, was in Southeast Asia about the same time as Chad. I was UDT and may have been in some of the same action. While I was in the bush my lover was killed in an accident Stateside. Our mutual lover and I married upon my discharge, and we spent many fulfilling years in the lifestyle. I`m 70 now and the fire in my loins is rapidly cooling.

I'm thankful for the hot memories of yesteryear. Thank you for sharing. I also live in my native state - Texas.

ValendonValendonabout 6 years agoAuthor
Thanks, anonymous

You had some rugged duty, and losing your lover stateside was the lowest.

You see The Paper yet? Fucking 'Nam. Fucking brass. Fucking Nixon.

And yep, like it or not, the years add up. I'm not far behind you.

Thanks for the note--writing this series kind of brought me back to normal. Or at least as normal as I get!

Kisses and nibbles,

Val

GHreaderGHreaderover 4 years ago
What a great love story with a confusing epilog

Who was Dick that Kath remarried?

This is a great story centered around 1971. I am also a child of that time. I have been listening to music of that time while reading. I did not go to Nam. I was in the last lottery and my number was not up before Nixon ramped the war down.

I am glad you had a lifetime of true friends.

Thank you for sharing.

ValendonValendonover 4 years agoAuthor

Thanks for the note, GHreader.

"Dick" was my 2nd husband. I married him a few years after Dave was killed, and he was a good stepdad. He was a family friend, divorced, no kids. But as Dick drew me into the lifestyle, he started enjoying guys and eventually left me to live with a male lover. I was crushed over that as you might imagine and divorced him. "Dick" is mentioned in a couple of subsequent stories, but I didn't feel the need to elaborate on him in the Chad epilogue.Sorry for that confusion.

Glad you weren't swept up in the lottery!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Thank You For Sharing This

And I am sorry for your hardships and losses over the years! But it sounds as though you had joys enough to keep you going.

This last installment made me cry. Take care, good lady. Be strong. Live well, love well.

BabyBunny2222BabyBunny222210 months ago

You stories are amazing and did they ever hit home to me. I went to Mizzou for my MS and spend freshman + Soph years playing football at a small college in MO. Your accuracy to detail is amazing and spot on. One error - don't think we had sunscreen yet in 1971. That was my senior year in HS. Oh, got laid on spring break on Padre!! Excellent writing. Thanks

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userValendon@Valendon
Shortcut to my stories: https://www.literotica.com/stories/memberpage.php?uid=2722715&page=submissions I began writing as a sort of therapy following the unexpected death of a dear friend and lover. The Beebe and Petey stories chronicle our lives and adventures over a span...

READ MORE OF THIS SERIES