Best of Both Worlds Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

As we talked I think that he finally accepted that I always had loved him, even while I was having my affair. However it was clear that he couldn't get around the fact that I had the affair, especially a long lasting one, and the choices I had made without realizing what I was doing.

Bill told me that yes, his love for me had not totally disappeared, but he truly didn't think that he could trust me, at least at this point in time. He couldn't forgive yet, and definitely couldn't forget, but he understood things somewhat better.

I asked him for the names of the other women, and told him that I wanted to talk to them, to give them a chance to stop before they ruined their lives as I'd ruined ours.

By the time I left that evening, I knew something had been salvaged. The divorce would go ahead, but a form of friendship remained, as it should, for we both recognized that we still loved the other. Maybe, someday down the road, we could build on things, and somehow reconnect what we once had, or at least close to it. I knew that I didn't want another man, and I don't think Bill wanted another woman.

I once thought I had the best of both worlds, but I was only half right, the illusion of that other, had torn apart the best thing that I could ever have, and only time would tell if I could ever get it back.

12