Beverly Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Bev was taken back to her room a little later and the afternoon nurse was there. She greeted Bev and asked how she was. Bev said great and that the bottom had been reached and she was on her way back up. The nurse said great and that she was glad things were getting better. She said her name was Judith, they had never gotten that far yesterday. Bev said glad to meet you and could she have some ice chips. Judith said sure and got some for her. She checked her blood pressure and dressing and all looked ok. Bev asked the nurse if she got phone calls here and the nurse said no, not till she was out on the floor. Bev said ok and wondered about Sandy. The doctor had told her he had talked to him and filled him in on everything.

Bev asked Judith how long the catheter would stay in now and was told probably for some time. First it reduced the chance of infection and second, she would be very sore for quite a while which would make sitting on the john hard. What about bowel movements Bev asked. When she started eating they would give her stool softeners to make it easy while on a bed pan. Bev just wrinkled up her nose.

Five days passed and Becky, the day nurse, said she was going to take cultures of both hip areas again to see if there was any infection. She did and said it would take 24 hours to hear anything. Dr. Winfried came in the next day saying great news, there was no sign of any infection on both sides and they could close her up. He said it would be the next day and he would see her then.

The next day she was taken to the OR again and just given a shot to put her to sleep. Both areas were debreeded and the areas sutured closed. A plastic surgeon did the job. Bev was awake by the time she was in the recovery room and told the nurse she had no pain. She was back in the ICU shortly and then moved out to the floor. The next morning Dr. Winfried came in and checked her and told her, with a grin, she was cluttering the place up and he needed the bed so he was sending her back to the states. She would be on the flight tonight. Bev held her arms out and gave him a hug and thanked him for all he had done. He said he was sorry they could not save her legs. She said not to worry, she was alive and fine.

Bev found the trip home fascinating. There were several levels of care on the huge plane, all the way from one on one ICU to injured military members sitting in regular seats. She was on a stretcher and well taken care of. The flight left at midnight and got into Washington, DC, about 9 am local time. She was transported to the local, large naval hospital and admitted to a private room. Everyone was super friendly and she was treated like a person, not just a medical diagnosis. She had not gotten much sleep on the plane so it was not long before she was asleep.

She was awakened just after noon with a lunch tray. It was her first food in some time. It was mostly soft food like soup and Jell-O but it was good. She ate slowly not wanting to get sick. A nurse came in to check on her and said she would come back after Bev had eaten. She finished and moved the head of her bed back down a little. She wondered how long it would take for her to be able to sit on her "stumps". There were still bandages on both hip areas but her hand felt hair stubble around her lower abdomen area. Her fingers found the catheter and she realized it was the first time she had explored down there.

The thought of sex or her need to masturbate had not even entered her mind. Speaking of that she would bite the bullet and after the nurse was done, she would try and call Sandy and get it over with. The nurse came back and took her vitals and went over paperwork being sure all of the information about her was correct. As the nurse started to leave Bev asked her to put the phone close to her and asked how to use it. All she needed to do was dial 9 before the number and she could call any number even long distance. Bev thanked her and dialed Sandy's work number.

His secretary answered and immediately recognized her voice and asked how she was. Bev said ok and the secretary said she would find Sandy right away just hold on. A couple of minutes later Sandy answered, surprised it was Bev. He sounded stiff and did not even ask how she was. She told him where she was but she did not expect him to drop everything and rush there. Sandy said yes, it was a bad time but he would be back in touch soon. They said good bye and she dropped the receiver on the phone. Well, that was that she said to herself. She did not expect to see him again.

The nurse came back in about that time and caught Bev with tears streaming down her face. She came over to the bed and asked what the matter was. Bev told her she had just talked to her husband who did not even ask how she was and would probably never come to see her. The nurse was very understanding and said it might happen in time, they just needed time to adjust to the situation. Bev said no, she knew him and it was ok, just one less thing she had to worry about. The nurse told her if she needed to talk more just let her know. She told Bev she came in to take the IV out now that she was eating and drinking.

Bev asked about the catheter and the nurse said just a soon as she was all healed up it could come out, probably in another week. The nurse said her name was Julia. She undid the tape which was fun, then pulled the plastic catheter out of the vein. She applied pressure for a few minutes then put tape over it. Bev looked at her arms and they looked like a pin cushion. Bev held her arms up to Julia and said between these and no legs she should have a man attracted in the next hour. They both had a good laugh and Bev felt better. Julia also asked when her catheter had been changed, she had not found anything in the nurses notes. Bev thought and said she thought 4 to 5 days ago. Julia said she would look back that far.

Bev had a note pad and started making a list of things she needed to look in to. Where was her personal stuff? Pay records? Did her weapons assigned to her get turned in? Where she might go when discharged from hospital and how long might that be? Wheelchair and van for transportation. She did not think she wanted prosthetic legs but she should at least ask about them. How long before she was discharged from the army? Any way she could stay in? She knew she had lost weight but how much? Did they weigh her legs as they were taken and any record?

There was a tap on the door and several people came in. One of them introduced himself as Captain Jenkins an orthopedic surgeon. He said the others were residents and they all would be providing care for her. She stuck her hand out and they shook hands. He said he had some questions for her to be sure they were up to speed. They spent the next 30 minutes going over them and they all examined her legless lower torso. She was fully exposed to them but she did not care. They took some cultures of the area and then reapplied new dressings. The doctor told her they would take the stitches out 10 days from when they were put in.

He then sat down and said she would probably be here for at least another two months. She needed time to heal before she started physical therapy. When she could sit up they would get her a wheelchair built just for her. The physical therapy people were better to talk to her about new legs. She asked him if there was any record of how much her legs weighed. He said he would have one of the residents get all of her pathology reports and they should be able to come up with something. He told her that they usually said that a leg was about 10% of the body's weight. So she lost about 20%. She would learn as they went along what this meant.

He asked if she had any more questions and she said you answered all the medical ones she had for now. She had more questions that someone from the military would have to answer. He told her if she had any problems getting someone to answer her questions for her, to let him know and he would see to it someone did. She got the impression he did not let anyone get away with anything. He got up and said he or one of the others would see her later and they left. Bev felt she was in good hands.

Just as they left another nurse came in and said her name was Ruth. She was the main person responsible for her care on the 3 to 11 shift but other people would be involved. Never hesitate to ask if you need something. She was young, good looking and did not have any rings on. They chatted for a while and Bev asked if there was someone from the army she might talk with to get some military questions answered. Ruth said absolutely and she would get word to them to come and see her. She would let her know when that might be. Ruth came back in about an hour later and said someone would be up at 10 in the morning to see her.

Bev was surprised and very happy that she was going to get some answers soon. She added divorce to her list. The evening seemed to go fast but she was not sleepy. With the flight over and everything, she thought her clock might be off. About 11:40 a different nurse came in and said hello. She asked if she could call her Bev as they tried to not stand on rank. Bev said of course it is all right. She could tell the nurse was young and this was probably her first job out of nurses training. She was also new to the military she thought.

She had second lieutenant insignia on and said her name was Gayle. She asked how she was feeling and was Bev having any pain. She noticed that she had not had any pain med for some time. Bev said she was fine now and not having any pain. Gayle asked if she had been sleeping and Bev said no her clock must be off still. The nurse said there was a sleeping pill ordered if she wanted it but Bev said no, it would work out soon. She was used to changing time zones. Gayle said she had other patients to check but would be back later. Bev turned the lights down in case she did fall asleep.

She wondered if her old remedy would work and slipped her hand under the covers and down to her slit. It felt very strange to not have any legs getting the way or that she had to open up to reach her goal. She wondered if she dared ask one of the nurses to shave her. Her finger worked its way into her vagina and she started to get wet quickly. She pulled her finger out with some lub and pulled it up her slit to her clit. She did that several times and soon she was very wet. When she pushed down on her clit she could feel the catheter offer resistance and it felt very good. It did not take long for her to cum and it was a pretty good one.

No one interrupted her and she felt good after. The last thought she had before she drifted off to sleep was wondering if her period was thrown off. She had stopped taking her birth control pills after she got on base which got her back to irregular. She liked that state as it usually was a long time between periods and they were very short. Good for someone who flew.

Bev slept the rest of the night and awakened when someone brought her breakfast tray in. Soft diet still...... Later Julia came in and helped her with her bath. They chatted about various things and Julia asked her if she remembered anything yet about what happened to her. Bev said nothing has come back to her yet and it might be just as well looking at her truncated body. They got the bath and bed change done and one of the residents came in. He gave her the weight he had found on the path reports and it came very close to the 20% used as the average for loss of 2 legs. The doctor also said he left an order that the bandages could stay off of her hips. They would heal faster exposed to air.

At 10 there was a knock at the door and Bev said come in. An Army Captain in full uniform came in the room and stood at attention. Bev said thank you for the respect, please be at ease. She also pointed to a chair and said pull it up to the bed. The captain said his name was Lou Lincoln and he was here to answer or find the answer to any questions she might have. She went over her list. The first one she asked was it mandatory that she be discharged. He answered no, most of the time it was not. He hesitated and said he was an amputee also. His right leg was gone above his knee.

Bev was surprised as she had not noticed any limp. Bev told him she would like to stay in for a while longer if she could. Lou said he would look into it more for her. She asked about her personal stuff and weapons. He said he would check and find out. He said her pay should catch up with her in the next 10 days but he would also check on that. They talked about places they had been and were surprised to find out he had been evacuated from her field hospital by the other crews before she came there. Bev did not realize it, but they talked for almost 45 minutes. Captain Lincoln said he would get back to her as soon as he had answers and left. This time she noticed a very slight limp as he walked farther without stopping.

When Lou got out into the hall he stopped and leaned against the wall. He said to himself that she was the most beautiful woman he had ever been with. How was he going to get to know her better? Since injured, he had become an amputee devotee.

After the Captain left, Bev thought she had just met the nicest man she had been around for a long time. He was good looking AND an amputee. How could she get to know him better? Although rank was mostly overlooked here, she still had to be careful for his sake.

Julia came back in and removed her dressings. She also was very turned on by Bev's beauty and her amputations. Julia was bi-sexual and she and Gayle lived together. Bev asked what rank she was since she saw no insignia. Julia said she was a civilian and Bev said good, I can't pull rank on you. They both laughed. Julia said she had found when her cath had been changed and she needed to change it today. Bev said have at it then. Julia went and got the things she needed and came back and locked the door behind her. She asked if Bev would mind turning 90 degrees so her bottom was at the edge of the bed. Bev got herself that way and wondered how this would be. It was the first time she could remember being awake for the change.

Julia sat on a chair and pushed the sheet out of the way. With no dressings she could see everything. She got the catheter changed but during the procedure, she put a little extra pressure in a few places. She noticed Bev responded to it but said nothing. Julia also noticed the stubble where her pubic hair was growing back in. She got her courage up and asked if Bev had kept herself shaved before the accident. Right away Bev said yes she had, at least when she had been home. Julia asked if she would like for her to shave her and Bev immediately said if it was not too much trouble she would appreciate it.

Julia said no problem and covered Bev up. She went out and got a razor and some shaving cream and came back in. She asked Bev if she wanted all of it gone and she said yes. She got some warm water in a pan and proceeded to shave Bev. This time she touched her more as she needed to pull her vag lips out of the way and she hit her clit a couple of times on purpose. Her finger got teasingly close to her vagina but she did not touch it. As Julia was wiping the rest of the shaving cream with the rough wash rag, Bev came as she rubbed her lips and hit her clit. Bev was embarrassed but Julia said it was no problem, she understood. She was grinning to herself though.

She finished up and helped Bev back into the middle of the bed. After she got back in place and covered, Bev took Julia's hand in hers and looking her in the eye, gave her a big smile and said thanks for your great care. They held hands for extra seconds and Julia said any time; just ask when you need some. They both felt the meaning was understood. As Bev slowly released Julia's hand she asked if she could put her wedding ring someplace. Julia said she would call security and they would take care of it. Julia left and Bev put her hand down to her pubis. It felt great, nice and smooth. She thought Julia might like to feel it more sometime also and assumed she was also a devotee. Bev had never been with another woman.

About 20 minutes later a naval security officer came and asked how he might be of service to the Major. She said she had a ring she would like to lock up. He produced an envelope, asked her to put the ring in it and seal it which she did. He wrote what was in the envelope along with other information about the owner and signed his name in two places and gave her a receipt he tore off. He told her she must have the receipt and a photo ID to retrieve it. Bev indicated she understood and thanked him. He gave her a quick half salute and left. Bev looked at her ring less finger and felt better.

Her lunch tray came in and she thought wow, what a busy morning! After she ate her lunch Captain Lincoln returned and said her personal belongings were on their way here. Her weapons had been accounted for and turned in and she was no longer responsible for them. He gave her a fax with that information. He said he had some other people to see but would return as soon as he had more information for her. Bev said thanks and she would see him later. She also felt like he did not want to go so soon. She did not want him to leave either.

He returned twice the next day reporting each time on one question she had asked. He seemed to be dragging his number of visits to her out. He stayed as long as he dared each time. She found out he was not married. He had not asked her that question yet. She decided when he did she would tell him she was in the process of a divorce and why.

The following day Dr Jenkins and crew was back checking her progress. He said the cultures were negative. He added he was sorry he had not been in yesterday but he had business away from the hospital that took all day. He told her he needed to look at her incisions and pulled the sheet back. No one said anything about her freshly shaved pussy. He told her that the plastic surgeon had done a fantastic job of putting her back together and the scaring would be minimal. When Julia came back in Bev asked her if she had a mirror, she wanted to see what she looked like.

She went back out and came back with one, closed the door and pulled the sheet back. She gave the mirror to Bev and she held it down and looked things over. There was still some redness and bruising but she thought she looked ok, maybe even sexy. She also said to Julia what a good job she did shaving her. It was Bev's turn to get brave and she asked her if she shaved. Julia immediately said yes she did and smiled. Julia added she loved how it felt, on her or a partner. She and Julia were about the same age she thought and Julia was trim and seemed to have average sized breasts. It was hard to tell in scrubs. Their hands touched for several seconds when Bev gave the mirror back.

Ruth came in later and said good afternoon. She asked how Bev was doing and how she felt. Bev said great just waiting for her incisions to heal so she could start therapy. Ruth said she needed to take a look and check her catheter. She pulled the sheet up from the bottom and Bev saw her smile when she saw she was shaved clean. She put the sheet back down and said everything looks great. Bev was not sure just how to take that but let it go for now. Ruth said they were short a nurse tonight but if she needed anything to just put her light on. Bev said thanks and Ruth left.

About 7 there was a knock on the door and when Bev said come in, Lou came in on forearm crutches, no prosthetic leg and dressed in civilian clothes. He had shorts and a floral short sleeve shirt on. No stump was showing from his shorts. It must be high she thought. She held her arms out to him and he wasted no time getting into them and they exchanged a hug. She asked what he was doing here and he said he had some work to do in the office and thought he would stop by to see her after. Bev said she was glad he did as he had no friends in the area.