Black & Tan Blues Ch. 04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Her attorney had already been in touch with the prosecutor and was told that something could be worked out. The prosecutor was mostly interested in the two men in the bust and that the case against the women was considered relatively minor. In fact Jack and Brenda expected a deal before the end of the week.

I was a little unsettled by how fast this was going but tried not to show it. I had hoped for several more months of relative peace before I had to deal with contact with Donna again. But I knew for Sam's sake I had to put my reservations and lingering rage behind me.

When I got home from work the next day Jack and Brenda had left. Sam was down by the lake with Casey. Mom informed me that Harvey and Casey were joining us for dinner so if I wanted to get a quick swim in to get at it.

I changed quickly and ran down to the lake and jumped in. I swam down and back a few times in front of the house and got out. Casey and Sam had their heads together over something in Harvey's pontoon and were ignoring me so I headed back in to change.

The five of us had a wonderful time that night. We talked about finishing school and finding new jobs. Harvey bragged up Casey and mom and dad bragged on me. Every once in a while Casey and I would make eye contact and we would both smile. And every time we did I could feel the electricity. Then one of us would quickly look away and take up the conversation with someone else.

Eventually the evening ended and it was time for Sam to go to bed. Casey gave Sam a big hug and kiss then she and Harvey went back home.

That got to be a routine over the next few weeks. Several evenings during the week we would all have dinner together. We would alternate between Harvey's and our place. Harvey wasn't much on cooking but Casey seemed to enjoy doing it. Many times we would barbecue which Harvey and dad would compete at.

Weekends were pretty much taken up with family or friends coming up to visit. My brother and his family were regulars as you would expect. One weekend Trev and Vicky, who was now his fiancée came up to visit. Trev apparently had had an epiphany about not wanting to live his life alone.

The two of them seemed to be very happy together. And Vicky was quite taken with Sam. I certainly got the idea that kids were in their future. And somehow Sam got the opportunity to introduce Casey to them before the weekend was over.

Trev and I got a chance to talk alone on Sunday before they left. He had been working days since he started his apprenticeship so he and Vicky had been back to the Black & Tan several times. He quickly brought me up to date. Donna had never been seen back at the club but Connie had. She had picked back up with James now that he and Curtis had made bail.

But Curtis was out only a few days and he had been arrested again. Seems that he got into a fight with his soon-to-be ex-wife about his suspicions that she ratted him out. The police were called and he was charged with assault and battery. His bail was revoked and it looked like he was in jail to stay.

Jack and Brenda came up every week to see Sam. The week following our discussion about Donna wanting to write to Sam, Jack told us that Donna was pleading guilty to one count of possession. In exchange, as a first time offender she would receive a suspended sentence, one year's probation and required to complete a substance abuse program.

In addition there would be a fine and two hundred hours of community service. She was also required to cooperate with testimony against James and Curtis. The hospital had terminated her and she was now looking for a job. Between her court costs, fines and legal fees Donna was broke and Jack and Brenda were struggling to help her out.

A few days later my lawyer called to tell me that a divorce hearing was scheduled. Donnas' attorney had called him and said that all she was asking for was regular visitation. She would agree to not file for custody and would accept the furniture and the money I had left in our accounts as an equitable distribution.

My attorney said he was sure we could insist on supervised visitation given her record. If I didn't want to contest it I would not even have to attend the hearing. I agreed and he assured me that a final agreement was possible within a couple of weeks.

That evening mom and dad had gone to play cards with some friends on the other side of the lake and I had put Sam to bed. I wandered down to the lake and sat in mom's big wooden swing and stared at the water and night sky thinking about the divorce and what would happen when visitation began. As I sat there I heard someone approaching from next door and looked up and saw Casey.

"Hey Ken, could you use some company?" She said cheerfully.

"Hi Casey, not sure what kind of company I am but have a seat." And I slid over and made room for her to sit on the swing.

We sat there quietly for a few minutes and I was acutely conscious of her presence.

Finally she said gently, "Something got you down, Ken?"

I hesitated for a few minutes wondering how much to say. "It looks like Sam's mother will be allowed visitation soon and I'm not sure how to react to that." I said shakily.

Casey put her hand on my arm and said, "Your mother told me a little bit about your divorce. Would you like to talk about it?"

I found myself opening up to her about what had happened and the aftermath. I found that going through it again with her wasn't as painful as I was afraid it might be. Casey was in turn sympathetic, shocked and angry about the way Donna had behaved. She certainly didn't make me feel embarrassed about it.

After an hour or two talking I was exhausted. Casey was holding my hand and whispering encouragement to me. About that time we heard voices coming down the side of house as mom and dad returned home.

Casey leaned in close to me and gave me a gentle kiss on the lips, "Be strong, Ken. Everything is going to work out." She jumped up off the swing and ran back next door.

Surprised and bemused by her kiss I got up and walked back up to the house. In the days ahead it became a habit that every couple of nights late in the evening we would meet down at the swing or at one of our pontoons to sit and talk. Eventually the talking evolved into something more intimate.

From that point on the summer became magical. Work was fun and interesting and almost every evening and weekend Casey and I would be together, sometimes alone, sometimes with others. Several times a week Casey would join me on my runs around the lake. The best of times was when the three of us, Casey, Sam and I would find ourselves doing something together.

Sometimes Casey would want to ski and she would get me to drive the boat and Sam would be the spotter, giggling and laughing at Casey waving at her and clowning around on one ski. Other times we would slowly cruise around on the pontoon at dusk or just go walking around the lake holding hands.

True to his word, my attorney called within a couple of weeks and said we had a tentative custody agreement. The divorce would be final within sixty days of both of us signing it. Donna would be granted one four hour supervised visit per week at her expense. It would be her responsibility to coordinate it.

About a week later I received a call from a Friend of the Court social worker asking to set up an appointment for the first visitation. With some trepidation I agreed to the following Sunday from two until six. The social worker would come to pick up Sam with Donna. Donna had asked if her parents could attend also and I of course agreed.

That night at Sam's bedtime I sat down with her on the edge of her bed to try to explain some things to her. She got all excited when I told her that mommy was coming to pick her up on Sunday for the afternoon.

"Daddy, is mommy going to pick you up too?" She said breathlessly.

"No sweetie, just you and mommy and Grandma Bren and Grandpa Jack are going to be together."

Sam got quiet and teary eyed. She said. "Daddy, don't you want to see mommy?"

Slowly I said, "Sam, you know when mommy got sick we decided she needed to stay with Grandma Bren and Grandpa Jack until she got better. And you and I would live with Grandma and Grandpa here at the lake and start my new job."

Sam looked doubtful but said, "Uh-huh."

"Well, since then mommy and daddy have decided we are not going to live together anymore. Sometimes grownups do that. If they have kids they still love them as much as ever and they still take care of them together."

Sam started to cry quietly and I hugged her tightly to me trying not to let my tears run down my cheeks. "Now Sam, you can see your mommy every week and as she gets better and you get older you can see her more and more. If that's what you want, okay?"

Sam pulled back and looked at me with her chin quivering, "You mean when I turn five? I can see her all the time?"

I lay down in her bed with her and we talked until she finally settled down and went to sleep. I slipped out of bed and went into the living room where mom and dad were watching television and reading. Mom looked at me closely and said, "How did it go?"

"Better than I expected I guess. She seems to accept it. I don't now how she will feel after she sees Donna. I'll call Jack tomorrow and ask him to explain to Donna what I've told Sam."

"Why don't you tell Donna yourself?" She asked looking at me closely.

"I'm not ready for that yet." I admitted.

"You will have to talk to her sometime." She said.

I sighed, "Yeah, I know."

I was silent for a few minutes lost in thought. "I'm going down to the lake for a few minutes."

Mom looked at me knowingly. "Tell Casey I really liked the cherry pie she made for dessert last night."

I glanced around and both mom and dad were grinning at me. "Sure, sure if I see her." I said.

"Son, everyone on this side of the lake knows you two are dating except you." Dad said laughing at my obvious discomfort.

He added, "Relax Ken. No one, including Harvey or Casey's parents have any objections."

"You two look at each other like you were the last drink of water in the middle of the desert." Mom said.

I could feel myself getting red in the face and didn't know how to respond.

"Now run along, dear. She's too nice of a girl to be kept waiting long." Mom said cryptically.

I turned and walked out the door, feeling somewhat foolish. Was it that obvious? Being in a relationship scared me. Admitting I was in a relationship scared me even more. But I had to admit Casey was special. When I thought of her I didn't know if I was coming or going.

I walked down to the lake and approached the dark shape standing by the large maple near the water. As I got close Casey reached out and took my hand in hers. "What took you so long, Ken?" She said concern in her voice.

"I had to explain to Sam about her mother and me. About us not living together anymore and what that meant to her. I stayed in bed with her until she went to sleep."

"Donna is coming to visit her on Sunday." I added.

Casey put her arms around me and looked up into my eyes. "Sam is a strong, strong little girl. And she has you. She will figure out a way to accept it." She said and kissed me softly on the lips.

I pulled back a little and smiled at her mischievously. "Mom and dad just informed me that you and I are dating and I am the only one that doesn't recognize it. Is that true?"

"Well it's about time! Grandpa has been grumbling that you must be brain damaged or something." She laughed.

"Casey, I'm sorry if I'm disappointing you. But it's only been a couple of months since my marriage went to hell. I'm not sure about anything anymore."

Casey took my face in both hands and pulled me down to her and kissed me passionately and I felt her tongue probing my teeth and I responded in kind. She let go of me, and said fiercely, "Well, I'm sure. And as long as one of us is that's enough. I've wanted to take this relationship to the next level for awhile now."

"Are you sure, Casey?" I asked anxiously.

"Ken - I'm not a virgin. I've been in relationships before. Some ended well, some ended badly. It doesn't matter how they end, they still hurt. But for the first time I think I'm in love. There I've said it and I told myself I wouldn't." She pulled away and looked at me apprehensively

I reached out and took her hands in mine. "Casey, I have been trying not to admit to myself my feelings for you. I know I want you, I want you bad. Yet I'm scared. My track record with women took a huge hit, as well as my self-esteem with the way my marriage ended. Can you understand that?"

Casey put her arms around me and laid her head on my shoulder and I held her tight. "Yeah, I understand. I hate that woman for what she did to you. But all women aren't like that. Let me show you please?"

"Casey, I'm not sure of anything except I don't want to lose you. Let's plan on doing something together on Friday night. Just the two of us, okay?"

She smiled at me in the moonlight. "It's a date and a promise."

The next evening I mentioned to mom that I wanted to take Casey out on a real date on Friday night, just the two of us, and would she take care of Sam for me? She just laughed and said 'of course.' I told her that I thought we would go over to the 'Blue Gill Grill' on the other side of the lake. You could drive to it by car but they also had docks for boaters to tie up to. I thought maybe we would take the pontoon over as it was going to be a warm clear night.

Friday night at dusk I walked over next door to pick up Casey. She wore a low cut light colored sleeveless summer dress that accented her figure and contrasted with her tanned arms and legs. We motored slowly and quietly across the calm lake into the setting sun. Quietly talking and enjoying each others company.

Dinner was a leisurely affair of local caught pan-fried fish and a couple of glasses of wine. We talked about a variety of things. Sam, college, my job, and her job prospects. She admitted that she had fallen in love with Sam before I ever moved back up north. Until then she had never given motherhood much thought. And then she said she met me again and suddenly she found her thinking taking a decidedly odd turn. I kind of laughed embarrassingly, and changed the subject.

I commented on how strange it was that she had not been successful yet in her job search. She laughed, reached across the table and held my hand and said, "Ken I've already turned down several interviews down state in the Detroit area. I hope you're not mad?"

Confused all I could say was, "No, of course not."

"I just don't want to move away from up here now. Can you understand that?" She said earnestly.

"Ah, I see." And we looked into each others eyes and smiled. Nothing else needed to be said.

We finished dinner around nine and got back onto the pontoon, turned on our running lights and eased away from the dock. Casey stood beside me as I sat at the wheel. She leaned over and said quietly, "Let's stop at the sand bar for a bit, okay?"

Without answering I turned the boat toward the darker side of the lake. The sand bar was kind of a misnomer. It was actually a sand spit that protruded into the lake about forty, fifty yards from an undeveloped area of the lakeshore. The lake was shallow and sandy for twenty, thirty yards on all sides of it. It was a favorite place for boaters to beach or anchor their boats during the day to picnic or party. Several nights during the summer teenagers would gather there, have a bonfire, drink beer and make out.

There was just enough starlight to navigate across the lake and ease up to the sand. I killed the motor as the pontoons grated on the bottom. I threw the bow anchor onto the spit. The air was calm and the lake like glass so there was little chance the boat would float off.

I sat down next to Casey and she came into my arms and we kissed. Tentatively at first, then more and more passionately. Suddenly she pushed me away and stood up. "Let's go swimming!" She said.

"Are you sure?" I croaked. Her sudden change in direction and the hard on in my shorts had me confused.

I watched as she reached behind her and unzipped her dress and let it fall around her feet. There was enough light I could see she wasn't wearing a bra and just a tiny wisp of panties. Her nipples jutted out from her breasts prominently. "It's a beautiful night and the water is still warm. Come on!"

She stepped out of her panties, opened the gate to the water and turned to look at me. "Well?"

I started throwing my clothes off as quickly as I could. She lowered herself down into the water which was only about two feet deep. I sat down on the edge of the deck and followed her in. She was right. The water seemed warm even for the end of July. She stroked away from the boat and the sand bar and I followed closely behind her. Suddenly she ducked under the surface and disappeared in a swirl of disturbed water. I stood up in about four foot of water and turned around looking for her when suddenly she popped up behind me and wrapped her arms around my waist. "Gotcha!" She cried.

Then as her hands wandered lower onto my groin she said. "And what do we have here?" As she grasped my hard cock with both hands and stroked me."

I groaned, "Damn, Casey! Don't do that. You know how long it's been since I've been with a woman?"

Casey giggled. "Well, I think you've got all the right equipment and just the right size to make a girl very happy. Now turn around and let's see how we fit!"

Without breaking contact I turned and she raised her arms and wrapped them around my neck. Her legs came up and around my waist. I reached under her legs and grabbed the cheeks of her ass with both hands and pulled her to me as my cock probed for her pussy. She hissed as I entered her part way and stopped. She backed away for a second and I pulled her onto me again. As I slid into her all the way home she groaned. "Oh God, Ken, I've been waiting so long for this!"

As we held still for a few minutes we kissed and our tongues did a little dance. She gasped into my mouth, "I think we fit perfect."

"All the right parts in all the right places" I agreed.

I pushed her hips back slowly and pulled her back against me. Her pussy was so warm and tight I knew I couldn't last long. And the contrast between our body temperatures and the water temperature heightened the sensations.

I started a rhythm, pushing her away and pulling her back slowly at first and then faster and faster. As I did her legs came up higher and higher until her knees were up against her chest and her feet came out of the water and were waving in the air behind my shoulders.

"Don't stop, don't stop!" Casey cried over and over as I slammed into her harder and harder.

Finally I couldn't hold it any more and I shouted, "Here it comes!" And I slammed into one last time and filled her with everything I had.

As I did Casey went rigid in my arms and gave one last drawn out groan. If it wasn't for the water holding us up I would have collapsed. She pulled herself tighter around my neck, buried her head into my shoulder and shuddered as the water lapped around us. Finally she lifted her face to mine and tenderly kissed me on the lips. "I knew it would be good." She whispered.

"And you were right." I whispered back.

We rotated slowly in the water, kissing each other and I gently lowered her legs back to the bottom. As I did I slid out of her and the coolness of the water on my groin made me shiver. We held onto each other for several more minutes not wanting to let go. Finally Casey said, "I hope you don't mind, but I wanted to make our first time memorable."

I laughed and said, "My god, Casey. That you did! It was wonderful."

She giggled back at me and pushed me away. She swam a few strokes away and then back. "I hope you have a couple of towels on that boat, we are going to turn into prunes if we stay in here much longer." She said.