All Comments on 'Blindsided'

by curious2c

Sort by:
  • 229 Comments (Page 3)
AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

There's too much detail during the cheating sex. Hate it. Like the gory part of a murder.

redboat7redboat7over 1 year ago

Great Story! Loved it! I also like Harvey8910 comment..

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Have always liked stories that highlight the events from the point of view of both sides in real time. Especially those that don’t result in a wimpy ass RAAC!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 year ago

Way too much description of the cheaters having sex. Not at all appealing!

BuzzCzarBuzzCzar12 months ago

Like BTB? You'll like this one.

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

A willing cuckold will always make excuses for her. Waste of time. Why don’t these stories have MEN who have a set of balls. Jeez people this story is ridiculous. LM

AnonymousAnonymous10 months ago

The MC like 95% of all literotica stories is a wimp, a coward, and has not nearly enough self-respect. He approached the situation just like a generation of parents did, and got the same failed result. If you try to use empty threats on a child, they will quickly learn YOU have no conviction or courage, loosing a great amount of respect for you. Add giving kids participation trophies and we have a avalanche causing tons of societal damage, with all of them avoiding any consequences because in the woke ideology they're just a single snowflake it's the avalanches fault.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

if my wife came home and told me she was fucking someone else she would never see the next sunrise

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

Cannot believe his plan was to wait her out. Wtf? She ended up cheating for six months. That is an absolute marriage killer. She was delusional thinking she coukd task him out of leaving her. Stupid.

AnonymousAnonymous8 months ago

This story left a lot of room for a follow up. But the main character would have to grow a pair of balls and be definitively able to make decisions and follow through. We don’t know what proceeded our events. Lots of holes in the story. Why did Sam go to jail? What happened to Gisselle after he dumped her? Lots of roads this story could take.

JackInYerBoxJackInYerBox7 months ago

Sorry, but there is no way a woman who loves and/or respects her husband behaves this way. Just like February Sucks, this tale asks us to believe you can truly love and respect someone, and intentionally debase and betray them. Simply not possible. She may love the lifestyle her husband provided, but she did NOT love him. Anyone who believes she did, has a very warped definition of "love".

RuttweilerRuttweiler6 months ago
Makes little sense

I am echoing JackInYerBox here. The female character makes absolutely no sense. She “loves him with all her heart!”, but can’t wait to flagrantly cheat on him. This is the kind of thing that people with split personalities do. Which is way more rare than TV shows would have you believe.

This is one of the most common tropes here, because it is a fantasy about women that a lot of male readers here share, and simultaneously one of the biggest misunderstandings they have about female psychology.

Women generally cheat because they don’t feel connected to their man, and they don’t feel secure. Why would Giselle cheat when she “loves” hubby so much? She wouldn’t. Except for the fact that the author needs for her to cheat so he’ll have a plot. Even if it doesn’t make sense.

I guess it doesn’t matter much, because most of the readers here just want to hate women and scream at them in safety. A coherent plot appears to be beyond their needs or understanding.

AnonymousAnonymous5 months ago

You need a lot more practice writing BTB's. You didn't even let the bad guy knock the slut around a little. And boo boo for the dumbass MC.

FluidswallowerFluidswallower4 months ago

A well-written tale with good plot and character development. Thanks for an excellent read!!!+

AnonymousAnonymous4 months ago

The woman is so out there with her rationalization prep. scenarios that she didn't have a clue. Also the husband seemed very prepared for a move on situation. Finally, I would say she got exactly what she deserved.

nixroxnixrox4 months ago

3 stars - only because he divorced the stupid SLUT.

TrainerOfBimbosTrainerOfBimbos4 months ago

People don't understand the difference between love and empathy. Gisselle might love Jim, but she had no empathy for him. I'm sure everyone has heard the saying, "You always hurt the ones you love" - well this is the reason why. Love isn't enough to keep you from being a selfish asshole. It's not enough to keep you from hurting people. It's not even enough to keep you from taking advantage of the kindness and love of other people. What is, however, is empathy - empathy is that ability to feel the pain that other people are going through. Empathy is actually the thing that keeps you from hurting people, even people you don't love and that's the secret about cheaters - it's not that they don't love their victims, it's that they have almost no empathy for them.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Way too many paragraphs on the actual cheating! Disgusting! 2-3 lines is all you need on that. Plus, his intent to forgive her is bull! Lastly, payback on the wife is weak. How about some sneering from her friends and family at least?

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

Unfinished

oldpantythiefoldpantythief3 months ago

This story plot is a lot like a bunch of the LW stories, but I still liked it, it's always nice when there's a BTB. Not sure if I would have stayed with her for as long as he did trying to win her back though. Like Mary said, he might be able to forgive but he'll never forget. Love can really mess with a person's head. Really didn't need the blow by blow cheating sex between the two, made me want to scrub my brain with Draino.

I did wonder why Mary was so set on getting Giselle and Jim together? Seems she just needed to butt out after telling Giselle how stupide she was for cheating on Jim.

AnonymousAnonymous2 months ago

The story read like a too long summary of 6 months of a one sided marriage. It was also kind of flat....

TexMan1970TexMan1970about 2 months ago

Well told story. Hubby should have moved harder to let her know what he knew if he really wanted to save the marriage. Keep up the good work!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

TexMan1970, crap. He did more than enough. It was all in her.

He shouldn't have had to be in that position in the first place, when they married, all other side action was out of bounds.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 months ago

If the wife was serious about saving their relationship, she should have located her husband and moved to be near him. He waited for months in hope she'd come to her senses. Maybe he would respond to a big and continuing demonstration of her commitment even after he filed for divorce. The odds would not be in the repentant slut's favor, but she would make me move if she were truly devoted to the possibility of a reconciliation.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

There is a thousands year old discussion between philosophers, poets and "ordinary" people to define what love is, specifically romantic love.

I think what can safely be said is that the depth and structure of this feeling varies from person to person and also changes over time.

Personally, when being in love, I was never even tempted to be unfaithful. I'd still recognize the beauty of other women, but more in a way an art lover appreciates a beautiful painting that he know will never be in his possession.

But than there are lust, infatuation, sympathy and empathy, terms that are somewhat defined, and romantic love certainly is a composition of emotions including those just mentioned.

The whole topic is important for every human being, and still most of us live in a fog regarding the reality of living together with a spouse. Both Jim's and Giselle's inner monologue and narrative convey that they are pretty clueless. I guess a teally good counselor could set them straight, if it would help them to "dave" their marriage is questionable, perhaps they would do better next time, especially Giselle. If both of them continue to make their decision regarding their love life based on ignorance they most likely will repeat damaging and self hurting behaviour.

Not that it's important, but based on my own commitment when in love I wouldn't call Giselle's feelings toward Jim as love. She seems to love the warmth, security, safety and stability the marriage to Jim provides her with, she also is or was attracted to him at the time they lerned to know each other, but that's not love with a capital L. Without sympathy there's nothing that won't weare off sooner or later, and any emotion you have that's not based in empathy can't be called something more than infatuation, crush, lust or desire.

Jim doesn't know what's going on in Giselle's head. But from her actions she seems to lack empathy and sympathy for her husband, she is acting on her momentary emotions without restricting herself according to social norms that she herself accepts, she feels entitled and puts instant gratification above her self professed long time goals. In other words, as soon as he was aware what was going on he should have realised that his wife is not the person he thought she is. Since he is not inclined to being a cuckold and especially if the couple lives in a no fault state Jim had to have instantly separated and started divorce proceedings. No personal contact without witnesses. Again, he must have come to the conclusion by now that he doesn't really know his wife and that he is pretty clueless about the human/male/female psyche. To keep up the ongoing affair his wife is constantly lying to him, the level of disloyalty, deceit and disrespect are intolerable. So what if she or even he believes she still loves him? You'd never know what she's up to as soon as her affair isn't secret anymore. She could try to smear him, and things like that have happened. If he is still in love there still is the possibility of counseling, if only to overcome his naivety and to learn to know his probably soon to be ex wife better, in this case to understand her vapid, shallow, unprincipled personality. Just so that he is absolutely sure about dumping her. She is NOT wife material, and certainly not fit to be a mother, IMO.

AnonymousAnonymous28 days ago

Another of the petulant, butt-hurt, beta-boi runaway stories. This man gave up everything because he couldn't find the guts to confront. The conclusions he draws are pathetic. It's the adult equivalent of the childhood fantasy of the angry child: "When I'm gone, they are gonna be soooo sorry!" In the end, the result is the same, except now, he joins the legions of crybaby, passive-aggressive LW characters in version ten-thousand-and-? of the same story with the same end. "A brave man dies a single death, while the coward dies each day."

-

On the technical side of this tale, the inner dialogue for both Giselle and Jim felt jumbled and overblown. Too many repetitive themes, and too much going over the same ground. Then, at the end when a dialogue of Jim letting her have it was called for, we got a summation, a commentary. Come on, OP: 'Show, don't tell!' You need to edit, edit, and edit. Finally, do they live in a city where nobody knows Giselle? Hell, I've run into people I know when dining in suburbs thirty miles from my home. 3 stars for effort.

AnonymousAnonymous24 days ago

I like this author and for the most part I liked this story but I found myself frustrated to see yet another recurrence of one of the most irritating stereotypes that have been done to death in LW; the woman who wants to be 'fucked like a slut'. In a world populated by several billion people I'm sure that there must be some women out there who are inclined this way but they have to be few and far between and probably make a living in the porn industry rather than an office.

Aside from that gripe it was a good read in the best traditions of LW drama.

JR

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

To Anon JR: IMHO, not necessarily so. Women can be a hot mess when it comes to sex. When I was young, I had a woman tell me once that "you know, every once in a while, I just want you to fuck me." To say I was shocked was an understatement. Since then, I've had others tell me the same thing, but differently. "Sometimes you can just take me" or "sometimes I like it when you just have your way with me." Of course, no means no in the eyes of the law, so you can end up walking a really fine line...

AnonymousAnonymous5 days ago

Too much lead up and not enough follow through, not enough after the hammer drops.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous