Born Into Darkness Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ah, you're so full of horse shit old man. That same day you got drunk, practically kissing my feet for saving your life, then cried like a little bitch when you stubbed your toe against the table." Dean said as he chuckled at the fun times he and Kell had together.

"Shit... you're right... How about we get a drink for old times' sake? It's on me pup." Kell shoved Dean.

"Fine, if you insist, just don't kiss me when you're drunk or I'll kick your ass." Dean said shoving Kell back who staggered back making him roar out in laughter.

"Shit head." Kell mumbled under his breath.

♥♥♥

"One more darling." Kell winked to the attractive redhead bartender. Her name was Liz and she was practically eating out of the palm of his hand.

"Anything for you suga'." Liz handed Kell his fifth scotch, while Dean was on his fourth Jack Daniel.

His friend hadn't said a word since they walked into the bar and declined seven very attractive women. "Ok Dean, what's up? Seven women came up to you begging for your attention and you decline them. Either you're gay or there is a woman involved and it better be the second one because I've seen you take down a whole brothel in one night and then some. Spit it out runt."

Dean smirked evilly because it was true. He would fuck woman after woman and would still be hard as rock. His friends would call him 'the iron horse'. Sighing he knew he couldn't keep up bottled up forever. "Her name is Sophie."

"Ah see I knew it!" Kell threw his drink back then slammed his glass on the cherry wood bar. "What about this Sophie?"

"She's everything I could ever ask for, but she's human. How can a human affect me so badly?"

"Hi, big boy-" Before the striking blonde could say anything else Dean kissed her hard putting what he said to the test, he didn't feel anything, shook his head and sent her away.

The other women he rejected started at the blonde in envy; if looks could kill the woman would've have been on her way to the Underworld. The blonde flipped back her hair and walked back to her table.

He slammed his fist against the table in frustration. "You see nothing, no matter how hard I try to avoid her I still come back to her... It'smewho goes back to her, like a damn siren song."

Kell knew what it was because he was like that with Penelope. "Boy, you found your mate."

"What the hell are you talking about? What's a mate?"

Kell rubbed his bearded chin. "Before Moros took away my beasts and most of my abilities, when I first laid eyes on Penelope I knew she was the one for me. My inner beasts wanted to have her for ourselves and willing to protect her at any cost. That's the reason why I left friend, I needed to be with her and she needed to be with me."

Dean looked down at his hands. His heart was pounding, it becoming harder to breath, that's exactly how he felt towards Sophie, she needed him and he needed her. "How is this possible?"

"It just is pup. Whatever you do don't let her go. Mate with her, I never did with Penelope which is why she died in the fire. If I would've just told her what I was and mated with she would still be here today."

Dean's head perked up. "What do you mean still today? She was human."

Kell sighed. "Hear me out boy. If I wasn't so damn scared of being rejected by Penelope I could have mated with her, which involves biting our mate here." Kell said point to where his neck and shoulder connected. "They become like us, only they are able to shift into just one animal."

"Geez... I can't believe I'm just learning about this now." Dean said sulking.

"Stop acting like such a sissy; I thought you knew already, since you always act like such a smart ass," Kell said hitting Dean on the shoulder. "But take my advice, tell her everything and mate, simple. Oh, make sure she's fully committed to mating with you or else it won't work and you have to mate with her when you first slide into her."

"Anything else?"

"No... I think that's it." Kell said as he started to get up. He pulled out two hundred dollar bills and winked at the bartender. She skipped over and handed him a napkin with her phone number written on it.

Dean got up and walked out with Kell. He held out his arm and Kell grasped his forearm and shook it. Both swapped numbers and emails and parted ways. On his way home he tried to think of way how he was going to explain to Sophie they're mates, let alone actually bonding with her?

"I'm fucked." Dean muttered to himself.

12