Born Into Darkness Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

She looked up at him with her big beautiful purple eyes and yipped at him. Dean's head snapped up when he heard Kell roar and it scared Sophie who hid behind his hind legs. She looked so vulnerable and tiny.

Why was he doing this shit knowing Sophie is new to all of this? Kell must be hopped up on ambrosia because the real Kell would protect Sophie matter what. What happens if he one day he couldn't be there or Sophie, he'd count on Kell to have his back; but after what he just witnessed he won't allow Kell and Sophie to be in the same fucking room.

He knew he was being too over baring, but now that he has his mate he's willing to do anything to protect someone so precious to him.

You're an idiot; I was teaching Sophie how to fight in her forms. And that really hurt dickhead. Kell said through their link.

Fight? Dean was still pissed. Kell couldn't go a little easy on his mate, he's triple her size and weight.

Sophie is this true? Dean asked his mate who ditched him and made her way towards Roxana, who picked her up and started talking in a baby voice to her.

That wasn't embarrassing at all, but Sophie seemed to no mind or the attention she was getting from Roxana.

We were training baby; Kell thinks it's necessary to train since we're going to war. Sophie replied.

War...we declared war already, since when? We only talked about it; we never made anything concrete. What the fuck happened while he was out, the apocalypse?

"Sophie you are so freaking cute!" Roxana expressed as she rubbed Sophie on the belly.

Dean shook his head at his childish mate; in the meantime he stayed in his primary form since it's been a while since he last shifted.

He opened the link to everyone in the room. What the fuck happened to me? Was I drugged by one of you guys?

Surprisingly Ajax spoke first. "You were drugged, but not by us. Kell you tell him." He said.

Who would drug him? He hoped whoever did drug him never reveals him or herself because he Kyros is ready to spill blood. This is what he gets for letting his guard down for once in his life; everything goes downhill and fucks up.

Dean looked at Kell who was lying down with his head on his paws. My guess it was Eris who drugged you, you tried strangling Sophie she came running to us and almost killed Ajax and I hit you over the head and knocked you out.

Whoa he hurt Sophie? And fucking Eris, if he ever got his hands on her... the goddess was going to be in a world of hurt. Better yet dead so and roaming the Underworld.

He padded over to Roxana and bit the scruff of Sophie's neck and carried her to the opposite side of the room away from and nuzzled her all over. She seemed fine on the outside, he smelt no blood hopefully when she shifts back to her human form he won't see any bruise.

If he did hurt her he's never live with himself, Sophie is the most precious thing that ever walked on this Earth and if anything were to happen to her, he wouldn't be able to live with himself.

Hey I'm not a doll! Sophie complained as he showered her with licks and growls. Dean felt like a fucking idiot for not being on high alert. If he wasn't so careless none of this would have occurred.

Baby did I really hurt you? Dean asked Sophie through their mate link that excluded everyone else so they can talk in private; he wanted to know that Sophie was ok before facing everyone else.

Sophie's head popped up and she looked up at him with her purple eyes; not for nothing but Roxana was right she was cute and tiny. It made him want to protect his mate all the more.

Honestly you did hurt me you tried choking me and you said these mean things because I told you I had to get back to the city because I have to go back to work, you got all crazy, but when you had me pinned down I saw your eyes had gotten all hazy and I knew that you weren't you, but I'm fine now Babycakes I promise, I'm glad I have you back. Sophie said as she nuzzled her snout against his neck making his heart melt for her and only her.

He hurt his fucking mate, he fucking knew it. He was no better than that ex of hers Danny. Dean felt like utter and complete shit for not protecting his mate, but from now on no more slip ups, she was the only thing that kept him from going back into the dark. His past was not all war and fucking, before any of that he was a dark man; merciless, soulless and killer. He could still hear the screams of the people he killed that happen to get in his way.

It was until the day he had a boy by the throat he spared him because his pregnant mother was crying and begging on the knees for him to let go of him because the boy was the only thing she had left of her dead husband. From that moment he went to his mother's temple and swore to be a better 'man' during his time on Earth. He kept that oath after the war he helped as much as he could, especially when his annoying brother crated those lizard things that fed on humans.

Pulled Sophie closer to him and started licking her ears and neck, trying to forget his past, but no matter how hard he tried little by little it would come back to haunt him whether it's by things people say that give him agonizing flashbacks or if he sat down for too long allowing his mind to wonder.

He wondered how Sophie would react is he ever told her about his past; all she knows are the war stories, how he got his tattoo and how he and Kell met. There was so much more to him. Dean felt the sudden urge to bring Sophie back to their bedroom and spill out every little thought that plagued his mind. Yet he desperately wanted to know how his mate would react. Would she hate him or be sickened by the sight of him? But then again who wouldn't be revolted by a monster like him.

Sophie jumped out of his arms, bringing him back to the present. She playfully yipped at him then went hide behind a very amused Kell who was now sitting up.

Mate? What are you doing? Dean asked as he stalked over to the two of them.

Sophie strutted out in her snow leopard form and stood in an attack stance. Show me what you got Cleisthenes.

Dean growled and copied his mate's stance. He liked Sophie's new confident side now that she is immortal. He's not complaining or anything because he loved Sophie since the first day he met her, but this new side was very refreshing and amusing.

I promise to go easy on you baby. Sophie said arrogantly.

Dean scoffed while everyone laughed. Roxana and Ajax also shifted. Which reminded him that he needed to congrats the two in mating; Roxana was now a cheetah while Ajax was a lion.

Initially Dean would wait for his opponent to make the first movie, but since his mate did want to play he might as well go along with it. He made the first move and tried to grab her by his mark to pin her down but his mate was quick blur and she managed to slip from under him and nipped him on the butt, literally.

Sophie's swiftness surprised him and so did the butt nipping. Shaking himself out of it he attacked yet again, only this time Dean used his powers and sent a blast her way. She once again surprised him as she used hers and countered it back; he was not expecting that and was nearly hit.

Kell, Roxana and Ajax egged them on through their link, he felt all three of their emotions Kell was felling pride, and Roxana was excited while Ajax was curious as he evaluated each of their moves to who will come out victorious.

Sophie attacked this time and leaped onto his back and used her sharp small teeth to nip at her mark. Dean shook off his small mate and she landed back on her feet.

To be honest Dean was holding back, he just made it look like he was having a hard time; Kell also knew all along since he wasn't as excited as he pretended to be.

Dean took the opportunity and pinned his mate down since she landed on her feet with her back to him and bit down causing her to whimper. Sophie laid down and submitted to him, once he pulled back he licked his mark causing his mate to shiver and she purred in delight.

He was glad Sophie was able to protect herself but she needed a lot more practice if she was going to go against gods, he knew for a fact there was no way possible of convincing his stubborn mate from pulling out of the war. But he will protect her at all cost starting with her training.

Using his powers Dean shifted both he and Sophie into their human forms with clothes on and he embraced his mate in a hug and kissed her on the lips; she eagerly opened her mouth allowed him to thrust his tongue inside; he meant for the kiss to be soft, quick and innocent but Sophie had other ideas, and he was not mad at that at all.

He was always up for another round of hot sex with his passionate mate, he'd be crazy if he didn't the woman was walking Viagra, even without talking or doing some sort of sexual act he got hard.

Someone behind them cleared their throat and got their attentions. Sophie blushed and hid her face with her hair while he smirked and smacked his mate on the ass making everyone laugh and his tiny mate to blush harder.

"Guys it's time to head back to the city, we have to train and call up the knitting circle. We're going to war." Dean said arrogantly.

Kell gave a war cry as he pumped his fist in the air.

His friend had an addiction to killing people; Kell is a fucking monster on the battle field. Dean was only talking about Kell having the powers he has now; imagine what Kell was capable of when he regains it all, may Olympus pray hard that Kell's hatred towards them simmered down.

"Wait, before we go anywhere one, I want to cook you guys a meal that will knock your socks off and two, can I try that machine over there it looks pretty cool." Sophie said pointing to his simulator.

Dean rubbed the back of his neck and looked down at his mate. "Alright but you won't like what you see..."

Sophie looked up at him confused and he just took her by the shoulder and led her to the simulator.

He's fucked, how is going to explain Virtual Sophie to his real Sophie?

Dean is about to get a taste of what 'the dog house' feels like.

Silently praying Dean walked his mate over to the machine. "It's hard to explain. Let me show you."

Eris

How hard was it to kill the bitch! She almost had her, but Philotes got in the way! She thought the poison would've worked and Sophie would've died by Kyros' hand then he would be sent to the Underworld and she would revive him then have him mate her so she can have him for her own and she can use him for protection from the whole being damned to into Tartarus, because Kyros would already be head over heels in love with her.

That's all she asks!

But to make matters worse, the bitch has powers now! Fucking powers, she was more powerful than her; she has the same white glow Klotho possess! And she was supposed to have one form not three!

Who's helping her?

"Lady Eris." Agape her old servant called her attention. If she weren't an old hag she would have slapped the shit out of her for disturbing her.

"What, can you not see that I'm busy?" Eris said through clenched teeth.

Agape walked closer and signaled Eris to look over her shoulder. Zeus was there in front of her with his arms crossed.

Daddy didn't look too happy.

"Council meeting, now." He said in his baritone voice that scared her every time he talked.

Eris didn't say squat she knew not to; n her father's presence you have to be given the right to speak, unless you were someone he feared like the Fates or his bitch wife Hera. She flashed herself into the meeting room and sat in her usual seat.

All the main gods were there, particularly the fates. Once they spotted her they looked at her with their white eyes and evilly smirked at her. Those bitches were hiding something. She suddenly felt a hand slid up her thighs and snapped her head in Apollo's direction, the smug bastard acted as if he weren't doing anything as he cupped her mound causing her to jerk.

She pulled his hand away and glared at him. "Keep your hands to yourself I'm not interested."

Apollo smirked and sat back in his chair. "You will be soon... once Thanatos is out of the picture sweet cheeks."

"What are you taking about?" Eris questioned. She kept her face expressionless, inside she was scared as to how Apollo of all gods knew her fling with the god of Death. If he knew then half of the gods sitting at this table knew. Eris as if right now was petrified, what if her father knew? From now on she had to keep her distance from Thanatos.

The god of the 'Sun' laughed and shrugged.

Eris was so close to choking him, but just in the nick of time, her father along with Hera walked in with her hand on the crook of his arm. Both sat down and everyone gave them their undivided attention.

"The Rogues are loose and are coming back. They are not looking for power but they want back in Olympus, we all know that those dirty good for nothing shits are nothing but trouble, especially the Shifters." Zeus stated and everyone became anxious when the word Shifters was mentioned.

Eris noticed Ares hid a smirk behind his hand, whereas the fates gave full blown smiles letting everyone know which side they were on. But everyone knew they were not to be messed with.

"I was given information that they are going to declare war, if that does happen, we will lose. Thank the sisters for the lovely insight." Zeus said with stone cold eyes.

Everyone shifted to look at the sisters. They emitted a wave of power alerting everyone to back off.

"We must create some sort of treaty with the low lives, keeping them on a leash," Zeus said and everyone else murmured in agreement.

"Let the rest go and there will be no war." Klotho spoke.

Hera gasped. "Are you crazy? If we let them go we will be over thrown!"

Eris rolled her eyes of course the bitch would say that she only cared about her precious throne. She didn't even care that her man-whore of a husband slept with hundreds of women a day and had countless of bastard children.

Lachesis stepped forward. "Here's how it's going down for those who are still, somewhat are confused. The leader, who will remain unknown until that day comes, will ask to have all rogues released and other gods besides the titans to be released as well, if that doesn't happen there will be war and you will lose and be over thrown. There will be another cause that will lead to war but that has nothing to do with the council, but it has to do with family matters and no one will be over thrown, but people will die none on this council. It's a no brainer; plain and simple release the rogues." She said and flashed out along with the sisters.

Eris remained looking at the empty spot where the sisters were once standing. "What family matters?" she muttered under her breath.

Unknown

Soon, very soon everything will come into place. She hoped her lovely accomplices didn't give anything away it would be a shame really.

It was so hard not to revel herself to him, so very hard. But it has to be done; but in time he will finally get to see his face again, see him smile once again just like before.

No one should ever feel or experience this hollowness inside her, she had to follow her instincts and rely on her allies for insight. It's so hard, very hard.

Slamming her fist against the marble the whole room shook; anger ate at her already tainted soul and created an even bigger fire, but was quickly extinguished when his face appeared in water of the fountain.

She missed him so much. A tear caressed her cheek as it slid down but she angrily wiped it away, she promised herself she wouldn't cry anymore, only tears of joy.

"I will see you soon... As well as my enemies, I will no longer hold my tongue nor my wrath that I held inside for centuries, I will have him back soon... very soon." She said through clenched teeth.

War is coming and no one will be able to stop her.

Dean

The walls melted into a war zone, fighter planes flew over their heads and their enemies were closing in on them.

Dean pulled out his dual pistols and shot those closest to him while he kept an eye on Sophie who was doing a good job in defending herself... then again it did taker her about fifty times to get it right.

He cringed inside as he watched his mate be flung by enemies over and over, sometimes even shot, but he held back because for one thing it wasn't real and two Sophie needed to learn.

As many times as Dean tried to deny it, Sophie was going to be on the battlefield because there was no way he could convince her to hide and wait till it was over, she'd find a way to escape. It was better for him knowing his mate was by his side and if anything happened either he or Kell will pull Sophie out and she agreed.

An enemy solider knocked Sophie off her feet and she landed on her back, hard on the rubble making him recoil, it looked like it hurt, but his tough little mate shrugged it off like nothing. He wondered where she got the determination from.

It was probably from wanting to kill Eris so bad, it was such a turn on seeing his mate so blood thirsty... well any man who saw their other half all sweaty and passionate would turn them on in an instant.

Just as his hard on came it quickly left when he saw Virtual Sophie attack his mate to the ground. Sophie stared up at Virtual Sophie very shocked and didn't move.

These were the moments Dean tries really hard to avoid.

Kell's laughed made him look in his direction and his SOB of a friend finished ripping a soldier's head off with his bare hands. Kell walked over to him and cupped him on the back.

"Brother, your face is priceless right now. I will officially call this an 'oh shit moment' because once this is all over, you are going to face a very pissed off mate... oh fuck, I suggest you run they're both headed to you right now." Kell laughed as he kicked another soldier on the center of the chest while he stabbed another in the throat.

Sophie was headed his way with Virtual Sophie hot on her tail. "Explícate [Explain]" she said flicking her hand back, pointing to her virtual clone.

It was time to play dumb and prayed to the gods that it works. "What do you mean?" He said rubbing the back of his neck, avoiding her gaze.

He was in deep shit; next thing he knew Sophie's nail bit into his ear while Virtual Sophie pointed a gun at his head. Dean would rather get shot than have to go through one of Sophie's agonizing pinches.

Fuck, that he would rather have Kell punch him in the gut, rather than having to bend down to Sophie's level so his ear wasn't pulled off. This shit hurt, a lot.

Thinking back now, if any other woman tried to pull a stunt like this he would have kicked her out of his bed or flashed out of there and never wanted to see the chick again until the urge returned, that's if the sex was good.

"Don't act stupid Dean." Sophie said through clenched teeth as she applied more pressure to his ear.

Kell laughed at him and Dean glared at his dickhead of a friend.

Sophie pivoted facing Kell him glared at him. Dean hid his laugh behind a cough when his friend abruptly went rim rod straight.

"Kell I would rather you not but in or else you will receive the same treatment." His mate said.

Kell backed away from her in fear.

"Pussy." Dean muttered.

"Whipped." Kell responded back.

"Look whose talking dick, you begged, on your knees mind you for my mate to cook." Dean said satisfied.

Kell growled. "I'm a man that likes to eat and her food is fucking good. I know now to keep my mouth shut," He grabbed stabbed his sword into the ground and wiped the sweat off his forehead. "And you deserve getting your ear ripped off cause I would too if my mate crated a virtual me and not tell me about it. It's fucking creepy; you fucked probably Virtual Sophie while dating the real Sophie."