Born Into Darkness Ch. 14

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

For fucks sakes even Eris knew how to defend herself.

"What the fuck Sophie for once can you not try and get yourself killed!" He said clenching his hands into fists.

His primary animal growled at him for the sudden outburst. It was currently pacing back and forth. It was feeling very uneasy.

Looking down at her, Sophie's eyes begin to water. "What? Now you're going to cry now. Seriously, grow up, it's pathetic really you crying all the time. You women are so weak and emotional, I need a drink."

Dean earned another growl only his primary was ready to pounce.

Shaking his head now infuriated at the both of them he marched downstairs he saw utter chaos, Rain and Gina were crying while Neith was sitting down trying to cajole Junior.

"Get the fuck out of my face Roxana, seriously. You're so fucking bossy! Give it a rest!" Ajax said storming out of their room.

"I need to get the fuck out of this house! Let's go fine Hame." Dean said walking back to the garage to load the car with snow gear; where they were going they couldn't use their powers.

Sophie comes running to the garage, her eyes were shiny from unleashed tears, her hair was wild, her nose was red and her bottom lip quivered. "Dean, wait!"

She aslked up to him and tried to embrace him only to have Dean push her back making her trip back and fall on the floor scraping the palms of her hands against the rough concrete.

Her actions made his skin crawl, he wanted to burn his clothes and bathe in acid to expel her scent.

She cried out and cradled her hands into her lap, they were now bleeding and small pebbles were embedded in some of the cuts. Rough hands grabbed her chin, forcing her to look up.

His primary barked at him making shaky and begin to feel feverish; it was hard trying to hold back the urge to shift.

Dean eyes flashed amber gold and his canines were now extended. "Why did the fates give me someone weak like you? Danny was right to have beaten you." Dean lifted his hand and smacked her with the back of his hand. Sophie cried out and was now on the floor face down sobbing, holding her cheek.

His primary howled in anguish; Dean's insides felt like they were being ripped apart. But he didn't care, all he felt was pure rage, it felt exhilarating, pure frenzy.

She looked up at him with her big chocolate eyes. Sophie looked like a mess, her cheek was swollen and bruised, and her lip was split open.

Once again his primary howled and submitted. Dean grinned in satisfaction.

Dazed Sophie looked at the one she called mate and felt as if her heart was being torn out. He was supposed to be her mate, the one to protector. And no he was nothing, just the bastard who impregnated her.

Sophie hardens her heart and composes herself. Her number one priority is her baby.

The rest of the men walked through the door and stepped over her and someone's knee jammed into her back, forcing her to lie on her stomach.

Kell.

Her strength was nothing compared to Kell's; Sophie whimpers in pain as she tries her best to push herself off her stomach.

"N-no." She stuttered helplessly.

He looked down at her growled. "Seriously Dean, you picked her out of all people; at least Eris has a backbone, this one is a fucking marshmallow," Kell roughly yanked Sophie up and threw her inside her house making her fall on her side.

"Stay, bitch." He sneered.

Seeing Kell shove Sophie made Dean laugh; he opened the car door and shoved the keys into the ignition and started the car. The guys followed and they were on the street in minutes.

"What the fuck is up with Gina, asking for a fucking foot massage? Do I look like a fucking servant? The nerve of that woman." Ask bellowed.

"I fucking can't believe I kissed Rain! What was I thinking agreeing to that stupid bet? As soon as I walk in the house Rain was already nagging, telling me to do this and to that." Kanati said in aggravation.

Dean laughed at all of them. "I got a good smack in and Sophie's face was priceless."

As soon as those words left his mouth, realization smacked him on the face.

Hard.

"What the fuck did I just do? I fucking slapped my mate!" He jerked the wheel of the car and drove back to the house. While the others who as well snapped back to reality began fretting and growling.

***

"Oh my goodness Sophie!" Rain screamed as she ran to her side.

Her body was aching all over, but was more concerned about her baby; she prayed to God that no harm came to her baby and if there was no baby than... She'll find some way to break this mate bond and leave Dean for good because her primary animal was hurt and betrayed.

She was gently helped up off the floor and was led to the kitchen. The rest of the women gasped at her condition. It must be bad, but she didn't really care. Right now she needed to get out of here.

"What's gotten into them?" Neith asked cuddling Junior.

They all shrugged.

Sophie saw Roxana holding her glowing hand towards her eye; guessing Ajax took a swing at her too.

Roxana looked over at her and held her hand up to heal her, but Sophie shook her head no refusing to be healed. "I'm fine, I just want to leave."

Gina wrapped her arms around Sophie's shoulder and gave her an encouraging smile.

"You got that right." Rain snapped her finger and they all appeared in a swamp like place, it was beautiful, but what surprised Sophie were the tree houses that were high up in the tall trees covered in vines. Birds sang and frogs croaked the soft lullaby of the bayou.

"Where are we?" Sophie asked as she held onto Gina who was still smiling at her giving Sophie the type of encouragement she needed. She was not weak; she was her own kind of strong Dean was wrong, and she's going to prove that.

"We're at a good friend of mine." Rain cups her hands and whispers into them and light green ball floated out of her hands and Rain began to follow it with the rest in tow.

Sophie for once was at peace here, she had no worries or pain. She was just Sophie. She removed Gina's arm from her shoulders and held her hand instead.

She looked at the other women and they all no longer looked tense, but relaxed and calm. Junior who was in Neith's arms was fast asleep sucking his thumb.

Looking ahead Rain walked along with the globe through a tree making Sophie freeze. Literally the goddess walked through a solid tree; taking a long breath she decided not to question anything, but to trust her instincts and walked through.

On the other side, it was bright and the sun was covered by a beautiful canopy of green trees. Three women were waiting, legs far apart and hands on the hilt of their swords ready to attack.

Once they spotted Rain they smiled and walked up to them, embracing all four women with warm hugs they ushered them in a handmade lift, taking them high up to the tree houses.

Sophie was amazed at how a place like this could exist. There were birds of all kinds and color flew above their heads, elephants and tigers running around in harmony. It was perfect.

That was until a huge butterfly landed on Sophie's head and she ducked for cover. The girls laughed at her and began walking to what looked like the main house, it was the largest here.

"Welcome and make yourselves at home, please." Spoke the tallest out of the three. She was tall, tan and had long hair with some pieces that were braided with flowers connected to them. She was flawless.

***

"Keep checking!" Dean yelled as he flipped the table it the gaming room, sending computer parts everywhere.

His mind cannot grasp as to what happened; he felt possessed by pure rage and the next he was back to normal remembering everything he did, especially the devastated look Sophie gave him when he hit her.

He had no control over his body!

Dean wanted to cut off his own fucking hand for doing something so cynical and cruel to the only woman he loved and now she's gone. Forever and so were the other women. Rain was nice enough to leave a letter calling them all assholes and to fuck off, but that didn't make any of them feel better.

Ask dragged himself through the door, he looked distraught; his complexion was no longer a healthy tan but a sickening gray color as if were about to throw up. "I fucked up man; I said the most hurtful things to Gina. And now I have no fucking clue where she is; if she, Junior and my unborn child are ok! I flashed to my in laws and she wasn't there, she's not in Texas. Fucking nowhere, what the hell came over me, all she asked was for a foot rub and I called her needy and fat. She's none of those things."

The god just kept talking when Kanati walked in the room with a defeated Ajax. The Shifter looked like shit his clothes were disarray, his hair was stuck up in every direction. "I called her a bitch, and she slapped me and I punched her! I don't hit women, much less my mate. Damn it to Zeus!"

Kanati was silent; he only shook his head and kept his eyes to the ground. Suddenly his head snapped up. "Do you think it was the Olympians?"

They all were quite until Dean and Kell growled.

"Eris." They said in unison.

Without thinking he flashed to the last place he would ever go. Eris' temple.

***

Yawning, Sophie quietly got up and left the hut, where the others continued sleeping. The Amazonian women were so nice and welcoming the three main leaders Tecmessa, Prygomache and Phoebe were so wonderful. Well Tec was on the more serious side, but had this aura of serenity; it allured Sophie into wanting to get close to the woman.

Walking around she sighed and couldn't help but think about Dean. A tear escaped from the corner of her eye and roughly wiped it away. She swore no more tears after the long cry she allowed herself to have in the shower.

But she was so emotional, any little thing would set her off and she was always hungry. Before she went to bed she had a big bowl of strawberries with honey. Could she really be pregnant? If so she really needs to ask Rexana to train her, because after the incident with the slimy thing, Dean and Kell earlier made her see how vulnerable she really was.

If she was going to fight, or in case of an attack she had to be ready for anything and everything, now that Dean was no longer by her side.

Her inner animal purred to comfort her. Surprisingly she's been making a lot of appearances, letting Sophie know that she wasn't alone and no longer human, but immortal.

Meaning her baby will come out immortal. Would he or she look more like her or Dean?

Why did Dean compare her to Eris? Did he really mean what he said?

She wasn't weak; she was human before and was never taught how to defend herself. Her mother said violence was never the answer, but all that changed now that she might be expecting.

Her primary growled in agreement, her baby was her main priority.

"Little one, you seem troubled." Spoke Tecmessa, startling Sophie.

Her heartbeat was loud in her ears from the sudden adrenaline rush and she had the sudden urge to cry. Shaking her head Sophie looked up at the tall beautiful Amazonian woman and smiled trying to be polite.

"I'm..." Sophie wanted to say she was fine, but with Tecmessa standing I front of her she was compelled to say the truth. "I'm weak and I'm scared of being attacked again. Just recently this green creature attacked me and I was able to blast it away, but it took a while. What if there were more? I would've been dead. And I might be pregnant and if I am I need to know how to fight back to protect my baby." Sophie leaned her forearms against the wooden bars of the balcony in front of her and sighed looking around seeing all the animals sleeping and a large fire is crackling under them. It was all peaceful, but she doesn't feel at peace.

Tecmessa chuckles, her straight white teeth gleam and her hair long brown hair was now flowing in the night wind, making Sophie a little jealous of the women. She made looking flawless easy, and she was darn good at it too.

"Little one you can do anything, I feel a lot of power radiating off you, and it'syouwho's holding yourself back. I will teach you. You are a part animal correct?" Tecmessa asks still smiling.

Sophie nods; next thing she knew she and Tecmessa were on the ground in the middle of a large arena, it was huge and spacious. Vines caressed the seats and the moon gleamed down on them. It was pretty dark too making her squint, trying to locate the Amazonian woman.

"This place is an arena that we use for training and annual competitions. Usually the torches are lit, but you being a shifter you have the ability to see in the dark. Close your eyes and focus, channel your powers and picture clarity." Tecmessa said. Her voice was close and soft.

Sophie breathed and did as instructed; she felt her body slightly grow warm, as if she were wrapped in a warm blanket. Trusting herself and her abilities she opened her eyes and everything looked clear as day. Smiling up at Tecmessa she saw the pride on the woman's face making Sophie's smile stretch even wider.

Tecmessa snaps her fingers and the torches turned on. The arena looked sort of romantic, everything was glowing and bright. She saw weapons hanging off wooden racks and obstacle courses that didn't look very safe, but nonetheless Sophie would be willing to try if asked.

"Ok let's start with basic fighting skills after mastering the basic it will get harder from there. At any time you feel like giving up, do not because your enemies will not give you a break, they will kill you on the spot and look for any kind of weak spot. I will not go easy on you even if you are pregnant. As of right now I am not your teacher but your enemy, let us begin."

Doubt was bubbled in Sophie's stomach, but this was all for her and her possible baby's health. Looking at now serious Tecmessa, she nodded and was unexpectedly knocked down, falling flat on her back.

She got up only to have Tecmessa knock her back down. Getting up once more and Tecmessa attacked only to have Sophie twirl out of her the way, but Tecmessa's fist make contact with Sophie's cheek making her grunt and fall to the floor once more.

It hurt so much, but with the help of her inner animal she was not only able to heal and recover faster, but both of them relished in the pain.

Getting up Sophie swipe the dirt off her hands and looked up at Tecmessa and smirked. "Give me all you got, my ex hits harder than you."

Tecmessa chuckled and went to punch Sophie only to have her fist shoved in the opposite direction, her own fist connected with Tecmessa's jaw.

It didn't knock her back but it did surprise the woman, she bows her head in respect and went back to her original stance. Sophie observed the woman and copied her stance Tecmessa smiled and nodded and struck once more.

***

Rain slowly rose from her bed and stretched her sore limbs. She didn't get an ounce of sleep she was still hurting inside from Kanati's words. Walking over to the others she shakes their shoulders attempting to wake them up, but failed. She was able to wake Junior, who eagerly went to her and raised his chubby arms, signaling Rain to carry him.

"Come on little guy let's go explore a little, shall we?" She said to the small toddler. In response he giggles and claps his hands together.

Rain heads to the lift with Junior, only to hear grunting and the clashing of swords. Curiosity got the best of her and made her way to the huge arena where the noise was coming from. Entering, walking up the second level where the balcony was, she saw three women against one. Fight looked intense, the three had no mercy against the small woman and gave her hell, but the woman held off and gave them a taste of their own medicine when they were struck by a whip or slashed by her sword.

The three women were not against playing dirty and used elements as a form of attack, yet the single woman against the three retaliated sending the women back, making them fall flat on their backs. The woman shifted into a white snow leopard and roared; a white glow began to spread from the center of what was once a woman, now a leopard throughout her whole body and grew triple her original size and roared once more making the arena tremble.

The three women evilly smirked, dropped all weapons and held hands, in their place was a large lioness, similar size of the leopard and it collide with into the leopard only to be flipped into the air. The lioness landed on its feet and ran to the leopard once again, this time the leopard ran towards the lioness and both collided and scratches and bites were given and received.

Their tossing, turning and trashing made the sand that covered the arena floor come up and both leopard and lioness were hidden from sight. Rain was biting her nails wanting to know the outcome of the fight, whether the leopard or the lioness would come out the victor.

"What are you doing?" Gina shouted behind her.

Rain yipped and clutched Junior to her body. Turing around she glared at Gina and her friend kissed her good morning on cheek then kissed her son, he wanted Gina to carry him, but she was too pregnant, so Rain pointed to the chair behind them and Gina sat down and Junior was placed on her lap.

He placed his hand over his mother's belly and laid his head on it as well. Rain couldn't help the awws from coming out of her mouth.

"Why are you over here?" Gina asked looking up at Rain.

Jabbing her thumb over her shoulder, Rain pointed to the still ongoing fight behind her. Gina gave a silent 'oh' and Rain joined her friend and sat next to her.

"It's getting good, it's three against one. But get this the one going against the three women is winning." Rain said excitedly.

Gina looked into the arena and saw a lioness and a leopard. Confused she looked back at Rain. "But their animals, not women."

Rain gave Gina a bored look. "They morphed into animals' genius."

"But there are two, not four animals." Gina said innocently and still very confused.

Rain slapped the center of her forehead. "The three women held hands and they turned into on animal the lioness, the one woman alone turned into the leopard."

Gina slapped Rain on the leg. "Why didn't you say so in the first place?"

Groaning Rain ignored her very abusive friend and went back to observing the fight.

***

She was tired and downright dirty from the long hours of fighting. But one thing is for sure, she wasn't going to give up. Not when she's so close to winning.

Clawing away at the lioness, whom was Tecmessa, Prygomache and Phoebe combined. They played dirty and so was she, they clawed and she clawed harder, they bit Sophie bit back harder.

They made her into a new kind of Sophie, she was no longer afraid, she was no longer weak. She was stronger, quicker and in control, especially of her powers.

She felt invincible.

Hissing at the sharp pain on her shoulder Sophie liked it and growled at the lioness and swiped at her making her long claws connect with their face. The lioness was now wounded and weak, it was Sophie's opportunity to strike, and hard.

She will win.

Ramming her head into the lioness' side, it was now on the floor and Sophie leaped on top if it and clamped her mouth over the lioness' neck. Each time it moved Sophie would bite harder and harder. Slowly the lioness was weakened and no longer one animal but three women.

Sophie roared at them and went to her corner and shifted making clothes appear back on her body as well. Limping over to them she helped them up and each smiled and looked at her in pride and admiration.

They bowed and walked away from her one by one, the last one Phoebe hugged her and squealed.

She was the smallest out of the three, yet towered over Sophie. She had pin straight hair, almond eyes and the friendliest smile Sophie had ever seen. They clicked automatically after they were properly introduced.