All Comments on 'Bridal Blues'

by WillieWolfe

Sort by:
  • 83 Comments
SwordWielderSwordWielderover 3 years ago

Good story, until you got to his own parent's reaction. Why would they be mad at him and especially why would they want him to apologize to Leanne and her parents? Almost any couple that gets engaged would have an agreement/understanding that it is an exclusive and monogamous relationship. The excuse of having 1 last fling for a bachelor/bachelorette party is both juvenile and unrealistic. His relationship with Karl is done - Leanne's father should want to kill Karl for what he did because of the wasted money and the public embarrassment. Leanne's parent's should be both embarrassed for what happened and extremely mad at their daughter because she behaved as a cheating slut. Why would Matty's parents be mad at him for walking out on a cheating slut? Hell, every boyfriend or husband of any of the women that attended the bachelorette party should examine their relationship with a microscope, get a very strong pre or post nuptial document that heavily penalizes adultery, insist on a polygraph exam, or just walk away and find someone new. You are judged by the company you keep and those women have shown themselves to have little if any morals regarding cheating. Let them live and die alone.

johnadpjohnadpover 3 years ago
Why Run?

1. Why did he run? I understand him not wanting to marry her, but why is he running away? Why not walk over casually someplace, within site of everyone, where he has his laptop and press send on it (he had obviously already set up the laptop with the video and the list)? He looks like a little bitch running away. He isn't the one that did anything wrong, but it looks that way with the run.

2. Why is he upset with his parents and running away from them as well (moving away), when they don't know why he RAN AWAY?

3. What does "cumming like a train" look like?

far_wanderer1984far_wanderer1984over 3 years ago

Good but more like a prologe .write more to it please

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Good one

Like all the other really good 750 word stories, it leaves you wanting more. Good one!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nice way to blow up a wedding

I guess. Of course this wasn't a loving wives story because they were never married. And I don't know about working in the mines up north. I think the beaches of Perth may have been a better destination. I do hope he was completely packed, had taken everything he wanted from where ever he was living and had all his money with him. Because there seems to be a lynch party forming near his parents home...... Sure would like a second chapter for this one.

ReedRichardsReedRichardsover 3 years ago
I guess that Karl really was . . .

. . . the best man.

PowersworderPowersworderover 3 years ago

Good story, but I agree with Swordwielder... the reaction from his own parents was weird.

He outed his bride as a cheating slut who had fucked his best friend. What kind of shitty parents would want their son to marry trash like that? Matt nuking the wedding is 100% Leanne's fault for betraying him... yet his mother wants him to apologise to the whore?

If either of my sons dumped a cheating bride at the altar, they'd have my full support. The only parents that should be furious are the in-laws, but at Leanne, not the groom. Her disgusting behaviour reflects so badly on how they raised their daughter with a complete lack of morals.

clarkgarbleclarkgarbleover 3 years ago

Really good story!

johntcookseyjohntcookseyover 3 years ago

Excellent. This would make a great prologue to any number of possible stories. Thanks

Huedogg2Huedogg2over 3 years ago
great story

I agree with the move. And fuck his parents, why should I apologized to them, a lying slut and her parents for her being a slut?

SomeOneTwoThreeSomeOneTwoThreeover 3 years ago

Well done WillieWolfe.

Leaving the slut in church

evens out the humiliation.

Running away works in two ways.

First in getting sluts and assholes out of your life.

And second, away from shitty parents

who are ready to judge before getting facts.

I'm not a fan of the 750 words.

Only the best writers can do such stories justice.

And that's too much to ask for

from hobby writers.

Still, it's remarkable how many writers here

have dealt well with that task.

My respect to them!

4 out of 5 from me.

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@johnadp, I was going to say because his parents were unjustly pissed at him, then remembered that NEITHER set of parents got the video.

/

Didn't Leeann see that her "fling" was being videoed? If you're going to have a bridal shower fuck, why in the world would you do it with the Best Man?

mainer42mainer42over 3 years ago

agree with wanderer1984, good short story that leaves you wondering. Nice job

hotprof1973hotprof1973over 3 years ago
One thing missing

How did he get the video? Did he find it accidentally or did someone send it to him. Just a couple words could have answered that. I think it also could answer why he was considering still going through with the wedding with the same bestman who fucked his bride. Why not send to the parents if he’s sending to everyone else? I can’t imagine someone not showing or at least telling them eventually. Nice idea but those issues had it not working for me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Lame

This is supposed to be erotica. Not revengica. Get a life. Unlike that loser 26ThNC.

MightyHornyMightyHornyover 3 years ago

Disappointing reaction from his own parents. I guess he sadly has to cut them out of his life, for now anyway.

No idea what the fuck Karl is actually pissed about - motherfucker is insanely lucky to not have ended up with a severe beatdown, for what he did. Good for the MC, on this one (prison ain't worth the satisfaction), but he probably should think about some payback toward his 'best man', down the line.

Shit like this, sadly, happens all the time, nowadays. Bridal parties should be monitored by both grooms and brides, to make sure they're marrying someone worth spending the rest of their lives with.

750 words sure is short... 'wouldn't mind learning of what ends up happening to Matty.

Thanks for the share, author.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
I liked it

But I agree why run away? When it comes time for the 'I Do" he can shock them all with the "No I do not" answer. Then he can look at her and Karl and say you to get married and press the send but use his phone.

I have read similar stories here where they have a TV somehow in the church and the guy plays the video. Longer stories but this was quick and done. Liked it.

RePhilRePhilover 3 years ago
750 words

3 star maximum

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
A great joke and punch line, . . .

but not a Story, in any number of words.

So he was dating a woman, courting her, discerning the quality of her soul and her intellect to determine her suitability as a wife, a partner, for life. And this potential wife was immoral, unethical, cruel, selfish, arrogant and ignorant, and he couldn't figure that out? He couldn't even discern the true character of his life long friend?

What this guy lacks is not loyalty and fidelity. What this guy lacks is a functioning brain and instincts. There are plenty of guiltless whores in Queensland who will fuck his ignorant ass over just as readily and easily.

At least you told that story, in 750 words. Congratulations.

Thanks for the effort.

Dittybopper6989Dittybopper6989over 3 years ago
Well done

Only one question, Why go to the church?, He must have known before going, why not kick ass and take names than?

KittyCampbellKittyCampbellover 3 years ago

There is too much going on here for this to be a 750 word story.

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago

Getting to the church was a step too far. He should have ended it before. Still, between the betrayal by a fiance and by a best friend, the sky is the limit when it comes to setting the record straight. And the father and mother are very poor parents if they've seen the video.

ScorpioJJScorpioJJover 3 years ago

You should continue Matty's story. His parents are garbage. Karl needs payback. Zac can meet up with him and be his connection to the scumbags back home. Then Matty meets a better woman.

whateverittakeswhateverittakesover 3 years ago

Yeah he should have done it from the altar. It would have put the exclamation point on the non-wedding. Also he could have dealt with Karl at the same time.

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoover 3 years ago

good, very good but just too short and should be expanded upon...

GrimmerGrimmerover 3 years ago

Considering the folks who called him, I would take my ass elsewhere too.

While I prefer longer tales, this wasn’t have bad. Solid 5.

HikingThruHikingThruover 3 years ago
Pros and cons

Good for the limits of 750. OK for certainty of actions. But agree with others that question why MC ran away? She's the slut and Karl's the traitor. And parent's reaction is inexplicable, so impossible to decode in just 750. For 750 to work, it should include a plausible closure.

Tiger27Tiger27over 3 years ago

This story definitely needs another chapter. It, the story, is well written and clear. Besides, I want to see scunion brought down on Carl. You could start this next chapter with a good ass whoopin.

Great start and please continue.

I'll reserve my numerical rating for the finish.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Good Story

Short and sweet, nothing wrong with revenge where it is due. Parents attitude is because they haven't seen the video otherwise it might be 'ever so slightly' different.

Keep 'em coming I'm looking forward to them.

FireFox59FireFox59over 3 years ago

Not a big fan of the 750 word thingy but this one was pretty good.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Decent story

Overall it was an interesting story. I agree that it is not really a story for this section but it was worth a read. There is more realism than in most revenge stories. What will he do with his parents? At this point they didn't know his reasons and he said they are very drunk so when they have sobered up and seen the video they would understand. Hope he keeps in touch with Zac. The bride to be will find someone else

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@MightyHorny, his parents didn't get the video. I'm sure once they get it they won't be pissed any more. I still don't understand his running away. They weren't married yet, it's not like he's fleeing a bad marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
3 stars

language= minus 1 star

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Liked It

It was a 750 word flash story so of course some details are missing. If you don't like it, contact the author and ask his permission to write your own version (think of February Sucks). Keep writing WillieWolf.

dcvngtn3dcvngtn3over 3 years ago
@Anonymous re: TV

Many churches have projector screens for hymn lyrics and for video broadcasting of the preacher giving his homily - sometimes with his scripture references up on the screen as well. So given that it is possible to show the video in the church.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Re:lame

It’s not a question of revenge, it’s a lucky escape. He could have married this woman and found out later she fcked his best man. Then your talking divorce, legal fees. Etcyour either a woman (one of those raised to feel Entitled or a solicitor ( one of those who makes money from people’s misfortune. Either way the faults with you

sdc97230sdc97230over 3 years ago
The reason to run is obvious

His own parents are going to side with the cheating fiancé.

imhaplessimhaplessover 3 years ago
A lot packed into 750 words

Cute; 5* from me.

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 3 years ago

Yeah, ANON has the right approach. Blow them out of the water when it comes to the "I do" part. Have your willing confederate sitting at the laptop, ready to BTB in virtual reality. Then, beat the fuck out of Zac, finishing up with the heel of your shoe connecting with his testicles. Last, you walk by Leanne's mom, cop a feel, give her a kiss and ask her to give you a gobbie over behind the organ. The pipe organ, that is!!

Legio_Patria_NostraLegio_Patria_Nostraover 3 years ago

Or.... you could've ended it with, "G'bye Mum, Da'! Tell 'em all Ah'm gwine on bloody walkabout! Chee'ahs!"

LickideesplitLickideesplitover 3 years ago
Who Is Ally?

We-The-Readers know who Leanne is (The Slut Bride) and Helen (BMaid & Enabler) and Zac (clueless buddy) and Karl (The Hung Stallion!) Ally must be a friend -not in the bridal party- who is carrying a purse. Why waste several words on a stranger? A number of words were wasted, but some of those did add a bit to the overall tone!

I chose to overlook that Leanne was just a damn-near wife.

Agree that Our Hero had no good reason to leave town ... let The Slut do that ... and her parents if too embarrassed.

4*

kirei8kirei8over 3 years ago
A very good flash story

I can't believe the comments from the other dumbasses on this site. 5 *'s!

Mrhappy4aaMrhappy4aaover 3 years ago
Good short story...

Now this is the way it should be when you get screwed over by your supposed faithful fiancee. Sure, it MIGHT be a final fling but with his 'best man'? Pack your shit and move on, loved it... Wish it was longer or maybe, get in another chapter of the aftermath (her view) and his new life without any of them.

kirei8kirei8over 3 years ago
Uh Oh

I forgot to add. Scorched earth - the only way to destroy a target. The parents were as cold as ice anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Nice job.

Very nicely done, and satisfying.

BaggyUKBaggyUKover 3 years ago
You really should..

...write more often. As others have said you certainly got a lot of story into 750 words. Well done and thanks, it was a very entertaining short.

iameaseliameaselover 3 years ago

Good read, well done, except his parents. That I didnt buy into, most decent caring parents would be livid at him like that. Maybe what he did but no anger such as they displayed.

Wouldnt mind a follow up though.

Wolf_Man_1962Wolf_Man_1962over 3 years ago
Great Job!

Ok there seems to be some confusion about the parents reactions. If you go back and read it, he sent the videos to everyone BUT his and her parents and elderly relatives. So neither set of parents knew about the slutty bride's betrayal with the best man...YET! As far as leaving town, I don't see it as running away but more like making a clean break. This way he doesn't have to listen to any excuses or pleas to reconsile with the cheating slut. As far as the best man goes, he should be looking over his shoulder for the rest of his life. It doesn't need a second chapter imo. But I'd gladly read one, well done!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Left it wrong

The man's parents think he is the asshole for leaving her. HE might have NOT included old aunts or grandparents, but the parents should definitely been in the loop, still 5 stars

gamblnluck

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Hmm

Good flash story. I would have sent the video to both sets of parents also, thanks for the story.

trandall9991trandall9991over 3 years ago
Wow

I just have to ask? Did you get help from Vandemonium1? You both live in Australia

SouthdownSouthdownover 3 years ago
Best Man for Leanne

short but well told and all too easy to understand. Better now than when there are a couple of kids in the nursery!(belonging to Karl?) Good Job, Thank You 5*****

sbrooks103xsbrooks103xover 3 years ago

@Lickideesplit - It wasn't "wasting" words, it was explaining how Leanne was able to call him since she couldn't carry a phone.

Baldy74Baldy74over 3 years ago

Liked it but would really like a follow up. Please 🙂

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 3 years ago
Well fucking

Done.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Great story

5 stars

Loved the Burn

But why not parents?!

jtwheels

kiteareskitearesover 3 years ago

Gold or opal, I hope he done good... for a moment I thought Sydney was a she :)

My mum would be pissed only if the food was wasted, my dad would have backed me even if I just lost my nerve, so other than Zac, it seems no one is worth worrying about.

Great little quickie thanks.

TreymonTreymonover 3 years ago

A much less pathetic character. Thank you. Short and sweet.

GriscomGriscomover 3 years ago
Why not tell parents?

I don’t get that part. Delicacy?

Just_WordsJust_Wordsover 3 years ago

He really should have sent the video to all the parents. He might get some support from his and her father would explain why he's out all that money.

GinloverGinloverover 3 years ago

What a lot of story in so few words. I enjoyed that

WillowghbyWillowghbyabout 3 years ago
Lovin' It!

How he got such clear video recording is a mystery, but it serves as a really nice plot device.

Keep 'em comin'.

iameaseliameaselalmost 3 years ago

Second time around for me and its still great.

Wish you hadnt fallen into the LW trap of cliched parents being more offended at their son sending out the video than the twat that was cheating in the video.

That did drop it from a 5 to a 3. The cliches are a lazy persons easy way to put a point to the story that they dont want t actually work out to make happen. Other than that well done.

dirtyoldbimandirtyoldbimanover 2 years ago

nice touch with the live stream video.

kirei8kirei8about 2 years ago

Don't Get it . Surely someone told the parents?

parenthesisparenthesisalmost 2 years ago

I enjoyed this thoroughly, thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Thanks folks and in-laws; here’s a cute video for you.

I do not,have,to,explain my actions; they speak very clearly: FUCK YOU ALL.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Nope, all but the grandparents get the video. Fuck that they all get it if of age. Grandparents had to screw to become grandparents so show them all what a cunt she is.

SwordWielderSwordWielderover 1 year ago

He should have sent the link to the parents, they needed to know why the wedding was cancelled. His parent's should address his ex-fiance as slut (they could also use cheater/adulteress/whore, etc...) and state thank god she didn't become their daughter-in-law. Needless to say any child this bitch gave birth to would require a DNA paternity test. The bride's parents should be livid with both her and her maid of honor for their behavior. Someone should inform these 2 sluts - very publicly that once they agreed to a monogamous relationship, and especially getting engaged - a hen party (bachelorette) does NOT mean they can cheat on their fiance. The groom should've sent the video and explanation to the local papers - gossip columns. She wants to act like a slut, then make it public. Lets she if she can find any good decent guy to marry if that becomes public knowledge.

AnonymousAnonymousover 1 year ago

Matty is a petulant little boy. They weren't married yet, and, rather than talk, he uses a shotgun.

GRG20463GRG20463over 1 year ago

This really needs part 2...

KRD19254KRD19254over 1 year ago

What the hell is there to talk about? The night before the wedding at her hen party she blows/F's the best man?...

\

Think, WHO video taped those closeups and gave him the vids? Who had his back like a real mate? Who else did not have his back at that hen party?

\

Appears mom/dad were OK in having a daughter-slut-in-law, so he read the tea leaves properly - leave them ALL BEHIND!

\

6******, Hooyah, Salutes.... needs a 750 part 2 for closure...

AnonymousAnonymous12 months ago

Top short.

AnonymousAnonymous11 months ago

Good start, but where's the rest of it?

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

Part 1 is good ... and ...?

Oatmeal1969Oatmeal19695 months ago

pretty good for 750 word teaser for a longer work... really want more of that

AnonymousAnonymousabout 1 month ago

Lucky escape there. But not enough vengeance on the cheating slut and "best" man. Still, I suppose we can't expect that much from a 750er. Good for what it was. Personally I would have concocted a far more cruel and permanently damaging revenge scheme but that's just me. :)

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous