Bring Me to Life

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Andaryll
Andaryll
220 Followers

I just laughed as she cut me off and nodded, but caught the slight hesitation at her presuming friendship. Well, whatever other feelings I may be trying to resolve, she may be struggling with some herself. Nonetheless, I found myself almost desperate for at least a friendship - and given my pattern of behavior over the past year - that's saying a lot. Still I felt the need to tease her at least a bit, "Fair enough, but about being friends..." I saw the look of concern back in her eyes, "I don't need to go through any ritual initiation or anything, do I?"

"I think it's safe to say you've been fully initiated since last night's dinner," Mikey quipped back, her natural wit able to recover quickly, and make me blush in the process, "Oh, one more thing. I know it's been hard on you, and with the holidays coming up..."

"Yes?" I prompted her to finish her question.

"What are you doing for Christmas?"

I felt my smile drop at this, "Umm... take out and bad movies?"

"No family?"

I grimaced a little, "I was an only child, and my parents aren't around anymore. As for Sam's family... they never accepted me or her 'unnatural lifestyle', so..."

I caught a brief frown from Mikey before she shook her head, "Nope, no good that. Be here at 10:00 on Christmas Day, you're spending it with my family." Seeing me open my mouth to protest she cut me off, "Not taking no for an answer on this one Lexie, please?"

I sighed and nodded, "Fine." I tried not think about it too much, though, because as much as I wasn't sure about spending Christmas with her family, I found that I was really looking forward to seeing her outside work again...

Mikaela - Saturday, December 20th, 2014

Coming home from the station, I cleaned up the dishes from dinner then headed up to bed. It was early yet, but I hadn't slept much last night and felt the need to turn in. As soon as I was in bed though, images of Lexie's naked body sprang unbidden, but not unwanted, into my mind.

As I remembered every inch of her toned body, her firm breasts sitting proud on her chest, the erect buds of her nipples pointing slightly up and pebbled with goosebumps in the chill. Her smooth stomach, toned and clearly in shape, though not enough for muscle definition. Lower... the trimmed blonde triangle of her pubic hair and her lips, peeking out between her legs. Shaved smooth and clearly visible, when she turned her hips just right I could swear I'd caught the small bump at the top of her slit.

I groaned as I slid my hand down over my stomach and into my underwear. My fingers trailing over my mons, the smooth skin passing under them as my hand drifted lower, running one finger down through my slit and back up again. A shuddering breath escaped my lips as I felt a rush of wetness soaking into my panties. Picturing Lexie naked was getting me more turned on than I could remember in recent past, and my finger slid easily through my warm folds to circle the bundle of nerves hidden beneath its hood at the top of my stroke.

I bit my lip and groaned low in my throat as I continued rubbing gently around the nub, my free hand sliding up my thigh and teasing the entrance of my slick passage. I gasped, surprised at how turned on I was, as two fingers slid easily inside me, my other hand rubbing over my clit and pinching it gently. My fingers settled into a rhythm, sliding in and out of me, pressing firmly against the rougher patch just inside and above me, gasping with each firm thrust of my fingers and slowly building my way towards a peak until, with what felt like an explosion ripping me through me, I cried out and my thighs reflexively closed around my wrist. I was gasping for breath at the intensity as sparks of light flickered in my vision and I gradually came down from the high.

Realizing that just the memory of Lexie's nude body just drove me to one of the best orgasms I could recall having, I cursed softly into the night wondering what I was getting myself into...

Alexis - Wednesday, December 24th, 2014

Mikey had seemed withdrawn the last couple days, not distant so much as lost in thought. Despite that, she made a point of reminding me about spending Christmas with her family so I guess there was no getting out of that.

The office had closed early for Christmas Eve, and we had the rest of the week off for Christmas and Boxing Day. Mikey had told me to pack through to Sunday, insisting on keeping each other company through the whole break. Now I was sitting on my bed fidgeting, Max had picked up on my nervous energy and alternated between pacing the condo and curling up by me. I had briefly considered using him as an excuse not to go, but Mikey had only reminded me of her previous insistence that I bring Max with me next time so he wouldn't be left out.

And yet as much as the idea of spending almost an entire week with Mikey terrified me... I realized that I was actually looking forward to it.

A slight twinge of guilt struck at that thought, especially as I realized I hadn't dreamed of Sam since Saturday, and just as the familiar darkness started to rise towards me a familiar voice pushed it away again, the same voice from my last dream of her... from the last request she made from me...

I will always love you, but you must live, not just survive, and you need to let yourself love again.

Her warmth surrounded me and taking a deep breath I realized something else had changed... while Sam would always be my first love, and I would never forget her... the idea of falling in love again no longer felt like a betrayal of our relationship.

My thoughts flicked back to Mikey, to how she seemed to know just what I needed and got me to open up without ever pushing me, and to the way her eyes sparked with emerald flames when she'd smile just so...

I shook my head, I didn't even know for sure if she was interested, and while the guilt that I might be betraying Sam's memory if I allowed myself to move on had been bad, it was nothing compared to the idea that Mikey, who had so quickly become so much more than a friend to me, might reject me. My newfound peace felt fragile and I didn't know if I could survive it if that happened.

Alexis - Thursday, December 25th, 2014

I pulled up in front of the house Sam had built, the house I had unknowingly rented to Mikey, and glanced at the clock. 9:57, right on time. Taking a deep breath as I wondered for what must have been the thousandth time if I shouldn't just back out, I realized it was too late for that when I saw Mikey, wrapped in a warm coat and scarf, waving at me from the front patio. "Guess you're going through with this, Lexie", I muttered to myself and got out of the car, Max jumping out after me and running ahead, and paused just long enough to grab the small package containing Mikey's gift.

Walking up towards the door, I noticed Mikey hadn't moved from the upper level. Looking up, I called out, "Aren't you going to come down and let me in?"

Even from here I could swear I saw the sparks in her eyes as an impish grin spread across her lips, "Nope. I already invited you to use your key to let yourself in whenever you needed to. Now is as good a time as any to start."

I couldn't help the laugh that bubbled up at that and just shook my head, "Fine, you win this round Mikey, but only because I'm freezing my ass off down here!"

Mikey's answering laugh sent a thrill through my chest as I ducked under the patio and let myself in with Max running in to his familiar home and, showing far less hesitation than me, he did a quick sprint around the house. While I busied myself removing boots, jacket, and other winter accessories Mikey came bouncing down the steps. Max, tail wagging, lunged at her and Mikey returned his embrace with equal enthusiasm. I could only stare wordlessly: Max was not known to be that affectionate with strangers. Her impish grin still fixed beautifully on her face, Mikey threw me a wink as she disappeared around the corner towards the kitchen, "Coffee? I just made a fresh pot, got that hazelnut cream you like so much too." Max trotted after her.

"I'd love a coffee," I responded, "but I thought you hated that flavored cream?" I finished hanging my things and started toward the kitchen. Max had squished himself right up against Mikey's legs as she stood by the kettle, and she was absently scratching his ear between pouring a couple mugs for us.

"I do, but I meant what I said about you coming by whenever you need to... and I figured it wouldn't hurt to keep a few things around just in case."

I felt my breath catch at that and blinked back a tear quickly at her thoughtfulness. It was a small gesture, but just the kind of thing that she was so good at. She was always looking out for me. As I stood there, by the kitchen entrance, Mikey pointed to the cup of joe, "Well, you going to come before the coffee gets cold?"

Nodding my head in the affirmative, I quickly dabbed my eyes on my sleeve and walked into the kitchen. Just as I crossed under the archway Mikey rushed up to meet me and planted a light kiss on my cheek, sending a lightning strike through me and spreading a warm glow both through my cheeks and down below my waist. As I stood with my mouth open, Mikey giggled at my expression and pointed above my head, "Mistletoe, not my fault you walked under it, and traditions simply must be observed."

Her eyes weren't just dancing with sparks now, they were emerald flames dancing with glee as she smirked at me. Regaining my wits, I replied "Given that you must have been the one to hang it, and you insisted on me coming in to the kitchen to get my coffee, one could say it was a pre-meditated ambush."

Her face still alight with mischievous glee, she retorted, somewhat unconvincingly, "Nonsense, I completely forgot it was there until just now. And really Lexie, you didn't expect me to serve you, now did you?" With that she scampered out of the kitchen and towards the stairs, calling back once more, "I'll just be a minute getting the last of my things together, and then we can head out after. You remembered to pack a separate change of clothes in case we get stuck there overnight, right?"

Taking a sip of my coffee, I replied, mostly to myself, "Yes, though really I'm going to feel awkward enough spending Christmas with your family I certainly don't see myself making it worse by drinking so much I can't drive..."

I looked down at Max, who was staring at me with his tongue hanging out, "And you..." I scratched his ear, "You have been no help at all."

Mikey came back down the stairs, a small carry all in one hand and a few gift bags in the other, "Seriously, I hope you packed - first, it's winter and they're calling for either snow or freezing rain later. Second, quit worrying about my family. I've talked with them about it already and they are happy to have you over. As for Max, I've already talked to your neighbor Jeannie and she promised to take him on his walk later today, and look in on him if we get stuck."

I took the gift bags from her to lighten her load and placed them by the door with the rest of her things, "You've thought of everything. How are we getting there? Dog sled?"

"Funny. But this won't come close to the Iditarod. We're taking my car, it's better equipped for winter weather than yours, even if it is less practical for city driving. Let's finish our coffee, then if you can give me a hand loading the car we can get on our way."

The rest of the morning had passed without much talk, we finished our coffees, gave Max some big hugs (he seemed perfectly content to sit in a warm patch of sun in the kitchen), got in the car, and just sat in companionable silence as she drove towards her parents. Where silence with most people felt awkward for me, with Mikey it just felt natural. Along the drive my hand would occasionally lift to touch my cheek, my fingertips grazing the spot where I imagined I could still feel Mikey's lips, wondering what, if anything, it had meant. Had it just been a sort of holiday prank, or... each time I caught these thoughts floating through my mind I'd snap my hand down and try to focus on anything else.

Mikaela - Thursday, December 25th, 2014

The drive to my parents was quiet, but I couldn't help the constant smile as I'd steal looks at Lexie sitting next to me through the rear view, I had installed a wider mirror with a parabolic view which allowed me to see her clearly without being overt. Obviously she hadn't noticed me noticing her, and every time she'd touch her cheek I'd see her break into a silly little smile and her eyes would melt into those sapphire pools I could see myself drowning in so easily.

As much as I knew the risks of pursuing her, that I might get my heart broken, there was something about her that had pulled me in right from our first meeting. At first I'd told myself it was just her incredible passion for our work that worked to inspire me, but as I got to know her I had begun to realize it was something deeper... and where others might have run when they found out about her past and everything she was carrying, I only found myself falling for her more. Still, her wounds were still fresh and I would need to be careful both for my sake and, more importantly, for hers.

As we pulled into my parent's drive, I suddenly kicked myself as I remembered that I hadn't told Lexie who my family was, and she would certainly recognize my father from corporate communications. Lexie must have noticed my change of expression because she turned to me, a look of concern mirroring mine, albeit for different reasons, to ask, "Is everything ok? If you're regretting invi..."

I cut her off before she could finish, "No! I mean... I'm not regretting inviting you, but I need to tell you something before we go in... something I swear I meant to tell you sooner, but I completely forgot, and I just hope you don't hate me for springing this on you at the last second..."

Her brow furrowed as the look of concern deepened and she reached out taking one of my hands in hers, "Mikey, I don't know what could possibly make you think that anything you could say would make me hate you, but you're rambling and if you don't just spit it out I may start to panic so please..."

"My father is Daniel Young."

"Ok... wait... you mean... Marc's boss's boss's boss..."

I nodded as I turned to look at her, "Yes, that Daniel Young, as in Senior VP of Wealth Management at our corporate offices. I swear I wasn't trying to blindside you, I just get so used to hiding the relationship to avoid preferential treatment at work..."

While I was talking I saw the shift in her eyes, there was a brief flicker of her old ice that nearly made my heart stop, but as I rambled on it melted again and finally she touched her fingers to my lips cutting me off. The feel of her fingertips made my breath catch and my heart skip a beat so I almost missed what she was saying, "It's ok... it's a surprise, but I get it, and I know you didn't mean to spring it on me this way. Just promise me your mother isn't the CEO or something?"

I laughed in spite of myself and shook my head, "No, my mother, Helena by the way, she's a wonderful woman and I love her to death, but she absolutely hates 'all that financial' stuff, as she puts it, and will chastise my father and me if we start talking about work. And before you ask, no she's not shy about doing it in front of guests."

She gave me a smile, perhaps a bit uncertain but it was still genuine, and moved to get out of the car, "Let's get inside then."

Alexis - Thursday December 25th, 2014

As we got out of the car I helped Mikey with the various packages and gifts she brought before walking up the drive towards the house. The lawn was covered in snow, obscuring most of the landscaping, but in the middle of the yard was a towering pine tree draped with lights and crowned with a silver star. Mikey caught me staring and laughed at the look on my face causing my cheeks to flush as I dropped eyes to the bags in my hands. With my eyes fixed down I didn't notice as she came up to me and gently lifted my chin so I was looking into her eyes, her mirth causing them to spark softly with their ever present emerald fire, and smiled at me gently, "Mom absolutely loves Christmas, and Dad can never say no to her. Come on, let's go in where it's warm."

With that she turned away before I could respond and continued up towards the house. Scrambling to get my thoughts in order I skipped up the first few steps to catch up and then fell in next to her. At the house she opened the door and walked in as she called out our arrival, I hesitated briefly but her glance back towards me and her warm smile spurred me inside as she closed the door behind me.

As she took my coat, it felt like her fingers lingered on mine a moment longer than strictly necessary and I felt my cheeks flush again, my eyes dropping down to our hands as I felt a smile spread across my lips. A soft cough made me look up to see a smiling couple watching us. I recognized Daniel from his monthly newsletters, though he seemed far more relaxed in a sweater and slacks than in the suits and ties I was accustomed to seeing him in. Helena looked to be a bit younger than him, with the same emerald eyes as Mikey, though her hair was red where her daughter's was black.

As we looked towards them, Daniel spoke first, "Welcome to our home Alexis, and Merry Christmas. I'm Dan, and this is my wife Helena. It's a pleasure to meet you, Mikaela has spoken very highly of you."

"Thank you...," I hesitated briefly at the familiar form of his name and felt Mikey nudge me, prompting me on "Dan. Helena, your house is absolutely beautiful, and I love your tree out front."

Helena's smile showed all the warmth of her daughter's, though without the mischievous twist, as she replied "Thank you, I love this time of year and Dan humors me. Now," and here I saw a hint of Mikey's impishness light her eyes, "I may be outnumbered, but I must insist on no work talk today." Her tone shifted back to its earlier warmth, "That includes you worrying about making a good impression for my husband. Whatever he may do at work, here he's just my Dan."

I found myself relaxing in spite of myself at the honest welcome and smiled, "Thank you. Mikey did warn me about leaving work talk behind today, and I appreciate you opening your home to me."

With the introductions completed, Dan and Helena led the way to the living room where a warm fire crackled in the hearth and a smaller version of the tree from their yard was littered with presents underneath. A tray was set out with fresh coffee, milk, and sugar as we sat down and I sipped quietly as the family got caught up on the events of their lives.

My eyes kept finding their way back to Mikey, tracing the curve of her jaw or catching the sparkle of her silver stud, and occasionally her eye as she looked back at me. Whenever this last happened, I'd catch the fire sparking in her eyes and feel my cheeks flush in response before dipping my head and taking a sip of my coffee.

"Shall we get to the presents before dinner is ready?" Helena interrupted the flow of conversation and brought my attention back to what was happening around me.

Mikey jumped up to help sort the presents and, to my surprise, dropped a long slender box in my arms. Looking up at her, I caught the smirk in her lips and the sparks flickering in her eyes as she quipped, "What, you don't think I'd forget to get you something did you?"

"I just never expected... thank you. I umm, I got you something too." I got up and retrieved the bags I had brought, picking out the smallest for her. "I wasn't sure what you would like, Dan and Helena, but I wanted to get you something to thank you as well," I continued as I handed them the other two bags.

Andaryll
Andaryll
220 Followers