Broken Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Linda went back into the garage. Her frantic pace was causing the flip-flops to make a lot of noise as she walked. She cautiously headed for the door into the house and turned the door know quietly. She could hear the voices of the four people out on the patio by the pool. She listened for Ben's voice and heard him talking outside too. Good, the house should be clear. She slipped her flip-flops from her feet inside the mudroom and started to walk quietly over to the cupboard that held the car keys. The door opened without a sound as she carefully checks the various key rings on the hooks. She found single key on a fob from the Ford dealership that looked pretty new. She guessed that maybe it was for his F-150. She carefully lifted if from its hook and clasped her hand around it. Once she had closed the cupboard door she snuck back out to the garage, out the service door and around to the driveway.

She crept up to his truck. The door was unlocked so she carefully opened it. The dome light seemed bright in the dimly lit yard so she quickly climbed in onto the seat and closed the door gently, to kill the lights but unfortunately, they remained on for what seemed like an eternity. She tried the key in the ignition lock. It slid in easily so she was pretty sure it was for this truck but it could have been from another Ford. It was decision time; either go for it or get the heck back to the horse barn and try to deal with the broken hinge. The lights faded to black in the cab. She sat up in the driver's seat, desperately trying to make up her mind. Was she ready? Which way should she go once she started this thing in motion. How far could she get before he heard the truck running?

Suddenly her shaking right hand turned the key and the engine started. The headlights automatically turned on too. She fiddled with the control and finally got them to turn off. The engine didn't sound too loud to her but she knew it was time to leave. She pulled the shifter down into reverse and turned around to back up to a spot where she could turn around. She just let the engine idle to keep the noise to a minimum. Maybe the conversation in the back would be enough to cover the sound of the truck as it pulled back. She stopped, shifted into drive and as on her way away from the house. She gained speed gently as she headed down what looked like a driveway. Then again, everything that wasn't a cactus of bush of some kind looked like a driveway. She turned the headlights back on for better vision. They almost made things worse because the sand directly in front of her looked more road-like than the non-illuminated sand on either side. She checked her rear view mirror. A light had been turned on in front of the house, or was that on before? She saw the compass on the rear view mirror reading "SW." She veered a little to the left until it read "S." Her plan was to keep going in one direction until she came upon a paved road. The fuel gauge was just over half-full. She hoped it would be enough.

*****

Thank you all for reading my story. I especially enjoy hearing from you. I hope you enjoy the story.