All Comments on 'Brooke Ch. 06'

by TomWine

Sort by:
  • 79 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
oh my

such a wonderful story! definitely pulled at the heartstrings.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Did not like the ending

I loved this story up until this last chapter. The quality of the work was the same, but the ending itself was depressing in the extreme. I know life is not all happy endings and an author who can convey that is talented and reflecting reality, but I still did not like it. I knew where this was going as soon as Steven saw the bruise and Brooke could not think how it got there. I hoped you would not go there, but you did. I hated how it ended, but it was still a very good story.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Why?

There is enough sadness and tragedy every day in life, why did you have to end a wonderful piece of fiction with this sickness? Since you provided no warning up front on how this was ending, I won't read any more of your material...you just aren't trustworthy...sad too because Brooke and Steven deserved a happy ending.

billyjim55billyjim55about 11 years ago

WOW IS ALL I CAN SAY

ChasBChasBabout 11 years ago
Why?

I gave this 5 stars as a story, because the writing is so great, but I'm extremely saddened by the ending. Why? Why? Why? Tom, you could have done many things with this theme; why did you feel motivated to go for what you did? I agree with the comment that there are so many terrible things in life, and we see or read about them every day; a little happiness is hardly to much to look forward to. Please don't do something like this again.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
5 Fantastic chapters and then this

While this chapter again shows your great skills as a writer, the directeion you chose to take the story in is heartbreaking and ruined the build up of the last 5 chapters. This story could have been and should have been a truely great love story with a happy ending.

kaidmankaidmanabout 11 years ago
good writing

sorry I can't rate this story I like all your work and excellent writing skills but this ending really hurt me and brought me to tears I kinda wish this was a april fools joke or something

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Sad, sad, sad

Yes, the ending was sad -- even heart-wrenching -- but not all things end happily, unfortunately. I'm glad that Steven and Brooke got to enjoy the summer months together, and that they enjoyed one another sexually. I'm even glad to see that Steven matured a bit more with a bit more hair on the chest. But I can understand why Steven cried, as the great love of his life was gone. While the story could have taken a different turn and had the happy ending, sometimes the sad realities of life ask us to face what we might not really want to see. And after Brooke, no one could really measure up for Steven. I feel a great sympathy for him in this loss.

Thanks for a great series!

fremlinfremlinabout 11 years ago
Thank You

I have truly enjoyed reading this series. As saddened as I am at how the story ended, I appreciate how difficult the choice must have been. As has been said, not every story has a happy ending. I applaud your choice to not take the easy way out so to speak. I look forward to reading your future submissions and thank you again for such an entertaining read.

Wanker12Wanker12about 11 years ago
Saddened

I applaud Your effort and style but the ending was very sad. I know that all stories don't have a happy ending but i wish this one did. But thanks again for a wonderful story and keep writing.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

Well that was highly depressing. You wrote a great story even though it ended such a terrible way. I don't ever like bad endings........ever. I'm very curious though as to why this guy would not take her to the doctor sooner. She went through the entire summer and pre-season with the issues. It was obvious she should've gone to the hospital/doctor way earlier. Why did someone who was so madly in love with his sister just let things continue when he knew all along something was very wrong. I/m sorry to say but Steven's actions were negligent at best. I know he was just a kid but come on he seemed to be a very wise guy the way he was written. His negligence in dealing with the most important person in his life seemed bizarre considering his maturity level in everything else. Well written by a talented author for certain, but too depressing to actually love the story. :-(

catphan8catphan8about 11 years ago

I love your writing Tom, but damn with all the horrible going on in the world right now this is the last thing I wanted to wake up and read this morning. I come here for enjoyment and this was the exact opposite of that. You are a great writer and I always love your stuff but with all the misery in the world right now an ending like this hurts those of us who have invested so much time and feelings into Brooke and Steven. I feel terrible! 5* none the less

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago

I was enjoying the story until you rune it. You had such a good story going but then you went and killed off Brooke. You have talent for writing but you just seem to rune the stories you wrote even Lil' sis. In that story you messed it up by bring in other people and then the stuff with the hotel and video. I won't waste my time to read any of your future stories. You need to think things over and listen to the readers!!!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Very sad

I love this story so much that I hate it. And I hate this story so much that I love it. Yes, I both love and hate this story at the same time. I hate it because the ending was so sad and I was anticipating a happy ending. I love it because of how well and how brilliantly it was written. There aren't many good stories on here with a sad ending, probably because this isn't really the place for it, but I think everyone needs to read a story with a sad ending every once in a while. It is good for them. I honestly think this world would be a much worse place if there were no stories with sad endings, because then people would have no way of experiencing sadness without something tragic happening in real life. I wish that I could rate this story more than 5 stars.

Gebob69Gebob69about 11 years ago
not the ending...

It wasn't the type of ending that are generally on this site. With that being said this is the kind of story that deals with real life probllems. One of those problems is having to deal with death. Those who aren't happy with how you ended this really need to understand that you are an author and just not a writer. Because there is a difference and some people can't tell the one from the other. To those who say they will no longer read any of your stories that is their lost. All I can say to you is stay true to yourself. I have read everyone of your stories and love them all. You are truly if not the best author on this site then you're in the top 5. Keep up the excellent work and look forward to many many more stories from you.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
Great story

You are a great writer I love this story. I hated stories that end up with death at end, it is a great story. What you should do next is a alternative ending to the this story.

AmungaAmungaabout 11 years ago

One of the few stories that actually made me tear up at the end! I would rather Brooke lived but I still liked the story regardless. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousabout 11 years ago
what the hell man

Why did you have to kill her off just when it got intersting rat bastard

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
VOLCANIC HOT!

Your stories are nothing short of VOLCANIC in SEXUAL HEAT!!!

WELL DONE!!!

Please do not stop writing. The story line was well built, the characters seemed very much alive and real, and the twists & turns added greatly to the story.

Thank You Very Much!

beachbum1958beachbum1958almost 11 years ago
Great story!

I wasn't happy about the ending, but it was sensitively done, so kudo's to you. Next one a little more upbeat, please, or posibbly a redux with a different ending...?

5 Stars, definitely a winner!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
SAD SAD

i could smell the end but never so sad. i really didn't like the end. may be you should consider re writing and give it a happy end

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Very Well Done

It was a great series. The characters seemed real and the situations plausable.

I know everyone wants a happy ending and I'm in that group aswell, but it worked for this story. It seemed a bit rushed in the end, but it still worked.

The only thing that did NOT work for me was "I'm taking you to see the doctor in the morning"......and next we read it is weeks later and still no doctor!! They might have been able to do something. I would think if he really loved her he would get her checked out FAST.

OmniferisOmniferisalmost 11 years ago
wtf ending

why did you kill her off? That ending ruined it for me, should have had a happier ending with them having kids and growing old together.

awesomereadawesomereadalmost 11 years ago
tragic

i gave a 5-star rate,, but i wished there could have been a happy ending for the guy,, although his love and loyalty is commendable,, it's just so sad that he couldn't get over his loss,,

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Reflected Real Life.

Your story served as a reminder to the reader that some things in life don't end happily. I have had sufficient experiences in my own life to know that. The good thing about this is that having survived the death of loved ones, disappointments, and other unpleasantries that life throws our way, we come to appreciate the good things in our life all the more. Stories like 'Brooke', 'Princess', 'En Dag Tilbage', 'In Name Only: The Journal of Margret Ford', and others help to heighten our appreciation of all the good people whose paths have crossed ours, and cause us to remember all those loved ones who have departed in unhappy circumstances, with the hope that someday we will all be reunited again.

Keep up the good work. Even with all its faults, your 'Brooke' series deserves a 5 star rating for the emotional content alone.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

I don't even know where to begin with this...

I was getting rdy to finaly go to sleep after reading a diffrent story when i saw your name on the new submissions page for a diffrent writing. Remembering the name, but not positive why, i clicked it on it to check. When i was the Brook titles, i instently remembered. I remembered it all from each chapter that i read months ago.

When i saw that another chapter had been wrote, i decided to stay up even later to read it. Having greatly enjoyed the rest of the chapters, i felt it would be well worth it.

Strictly as a peice of literature, it was an amazing write. But wtf.... As a story, that ending is horrific. (In a sad/scarey meaning.) Now im sitting here at 2am unable, and unwating to go to sleep, being highly saddened and depressed.

What made you want to end it this way? I find myself conflicted in how to say/ask. Have you went through something similar? If you had, then i can most diffinitly understand your writing it this way, and i could appreciate it. (Or course that would also mean somehting like this happened in your life, and im greatly saddened all over again.) Or was this mearly a creation from your mind? Which kinda raises other questions....

bseeker6969bseeker6969almost 11 years ago
Heartfelt end

I felt that this was were this story was going by the end of Ch 3. Not real thrilled by it, but, life isn't always a bed of roses. Once in a while it helps to feel bad to make the good times better. On to your next story.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
So Sad

Loved the story, had to give it 5 stars for the content, story line and the warmth that you portrayed thoughout, I for one could not stop reading, as the song goes "Salt Water welled in my eyes" at the end, I thought it would have been more beautiful and happier if Brooke had got pregnant and gave birth to a little girl just before her illness took her, another little Brooke with a new story.

But anyway a great story and well done.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
sad

pleaes write an alternative e nding for us happily ever after seekers

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
Great Story

Your story may have had a sad ending, which surprised me after reading several of them on here. However, your story is realistic. Life is short, we aren't promised tomorrow, so live for today, as Steven and Brooke seemed to do. I think Brooke knew she was sick, but wanted to live out her remaining days her way, happy and in love. Thank you for taking the time to write it. 5 Stars.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago
This is just fucked up

"Your wife has expired" - no doctor talks like that, trust me, I am one. This author is 22 years old, and has no business writing stuff like this; he has no knowledge of the world at all, he's not old enough to know very much about anything at all, so there's no realism here, just cynicism and bitterness; this whole premise is just a figment of his warped mind, the sex is mindless and formulaic, just bad porn, probably because he's never actually had any; nothing feels real about any of this farrago. No stars, ever, for any story he ever writes ever again; go away and get some hair on your balls before you try and write about real people, you brainless little sperm stain

Alaska84Alaska84almost 11 years ago

I enjoyed reading your story. Thank you for sharing it.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 11 years ago

Read part of this story out curiosity, to the person who is in the medical field. First of all this is fiction not only that it's a story on incest, so why are you reading it. Not sure if someone would want to take their loved ones to anybody that read stories with incest as the topic.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

very very sad

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
negative 2000

you get a negative 2000 for a crappy end, as said by others we don't come here to read sad stories there is enough of that in real life. the best thing you can do is either delete this chapter and rewrite it giving them a happy endding or just delete all your stories since you seem to always screw them up.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago

I really enjoyed the first several chapters.... but after that... sigh. ...and a real world ending? Bone killer. Misery. I know you wrote it hoping for some bit of realism at the end but honestly, most of us come here to get away from the shitty lives we have and live a bit of fantasy. ...I was already depressed... and hoping finishing the story would improve my mood but...

...oh well, I'll try a few other of your stories if you have some and see how it goes.

...on a weird side note, a few years ago I lost my best buddy, my 17 year old cat, who honestly was more like a dog or a person... he had cancer... the vet knowing he couldn't do anything said we should 'put him down' so he wouldn't be miserable. I almost lost it at his choice of words.. god what an unfeeling ass.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Fantastic

This story had everything it should have. And as much as I was crushed by the ending I loved it. I just lost my wife 2 months ago, so it truly hit home to me.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Man

This made me cry, I was so attached to Brooke and Steven. ..I love the story, well written, but you depressed me..

DreamersR2FleetingDreamersR2Fleetingover 10 years ago
Enjoyment and regret

I did really love this story of yours but at the same time I also regret even starting it. But I suppose if those are the emotions I have coming off reading this story, then you did what a good writer is suppose to accomplish. Still I wish I hadn't read that ending.

ulrighulrighover 10 years ago
What on earth made you think that ending?

I loved the story and how commited with eachother they got, how you described the sex was epic, the fast paced way the fell in love or discovered it was very good, but there is one thing that i didnt like, its the way they had and managed all the previous relations from both sides, but what I HATED was the ending, you had the material for a very struggled ending with a perfect outcome, with the parents getting aware of the relationship and the happy ending, but what i got was this ending that is like putting out the candles of a birthday cake with a wrecking ball and ruining the whole party. dont get me wrong the end is INCREDIBLY WELL written so much that it makes my eyes water a little too much, but its so sad, so heartshattering that like the wrecking ball ruined my hole experience reading this story. I woudnt recomend it because the end made feel bad. I felt cheated with the ending but thank you for taking the time for writing it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
Amanda

What a great story by a great Author !

Great love, great sex, sad death... like life.

Maybe continue with Amanda who sounds like she could be quite an adventure. She looks him up a year or two later.......

But it wouldn't be under 'incest' though...!

John

AnonymousAnonymousover 10 years ago
...

The sad ending was a big let down, but the story itself is immaculate. Kudos.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
do all serious readers a favor

delete all stories, break your computer and never show up here again. you are the type of writer that should have been banned years ago after their first story was posted. you should have warned the readers in the intro to chapter one that you were adding gangbangs, possible rape and death so we would waste our time on this garbage.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
...

that was just wrong... i hope you experience that in your life.

giving us a great ride then crashing the car in the end.

arrowglassarrowglassabout 10 years ago
Had to read it again!

I read this several months ago and had to read it again. It was an awesome love story with a heart breaking ending...but then sometimes that is the way life treats you...as I well know. Thanks for this moving story! Please continue some of your other stories as I have not seen anything from you for awhile!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 10 years ago
Alternate Ending?

I'm sorry for all the negative feedback that you got for the ending of story but let's be honest, you had to be expecting it. The ending really did suck from an emotional standpoint, I know this story has been finished for about a year now but it'd be great if you considered writing an alternate ending. I really want to add this story to my favorites but I just can't with the way it ended.

southrimsouthrimalmost 10 years ago
Doesn't need modification, just a warning.

The story was great, and the ending was foreshadowed throughout the last chapter. I think there would be a lot less negative feedback if there was a note at the beginning of the chapters noting warning that not everything is sunshine and flowers- both for the end of the story, and the party rape subplot.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Epic love story

Thank you for writing this fantastic love story. Writing this comment while fighting back tears for the ending to an eternal love. Sometime those that shine the brightest burn out the fastest. Again thank you for this story!

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Fuck you dude!

FUCK YOU! I'm so sorry, I mean come on! Did not see that coming, poor guy. Damn man, I was hoping for a happy ending! Fuck you! But please don't stop writing, you are a talented bastard. This is fiction right? If this is based on a true story, damn, if its me in Steven's place, I would follow Brooke. 5 stars

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Hit home

My brother had Idiopathic Aplasic Anemia and died at 18.5 yrs. old. You people have no clue what reading this did to me. For those who don't know, you stop producing platelets and white blood cells. You can't clot. The symptoms mentioned were not like his... waking up puking blood because it would seep into his stomach over night or blood from his tear ducts, and so much more. I know this disease is treated better know then it was in 1987, but remains deadly. The sweet love story and tragedy shouldn't bother anyone more than the classics do.

nitedethnitedethover 9 years ago
Same thing

My wife also died of aplastic anemia and your story brought back the memory of what we went through when she died in my arms she wasn't my sister or anything like that but your story was very close to being the same as what we went though,so I hope you keep writing more stories as you are a very talented author.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 9 years ago

Well that was a horribly depressing and rather shocking ending. Damn.

Rapier875Rapier875almost 9 years ago
One of the best !

For nearly 6 chapters, this was the best story I've read on here, the ending although being fiction, just took away the enjoyment of what had come before.

I know it's not real and I accept it's 'your' story, but until the last two pages I was loving every word, the whole thing was worth far more than 5 stars.

It's just sad that it ended how it did.

I love your writing, but somehow I doubt I'll ever read this story again, which is a real shame.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
You murderer!

This was the best story i've ever read on internet. Although you immortalized your story with the female character's death, I think it was too much price to pay.

You might not feel remorse about killing a fictional character this way, but know that I've cried for hours after reading this. I felt like you murdered her.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 9 years ago
My heart

Six chapters of living and feeling their life, when she died i drowned my pillow with sorrow and lit a candle in her memory

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Fucked Up Ending

This is Literotica not some suicide hot line.

They where suposed to live happily ever after.

How depressing, came here to cum not cry.

AcerxboxAcerxboxover 8 years ago
Therapy?

I wonder if this was your therapy to get out what happened? By your writing alone, the repeat phrases, you constantly and consistently repeat phrases of endearment, or display insecurities, their insecurities to be more precise. I theorized one of your characters was going to "expire." She must've been someone very special.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The Ending is Not the End

You are a very good story teller, one of the best here. You have kept our attention the whole way through. And I think all of us, expected a different twist to the end. But if this is based on fact, not fiction, you have suffered enough and do not need our criticism. Life does go on. From an old retired Vietnam veteran over 70 years old I speak from experience. Keep on living and writing your prose.

bucky999bucky999over 8 years ago
I loved your strory until you killed brooke!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I loved it tell your reality got the best of you !!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

i read this story true sad ending but come out with more to where brooke is reincarnated please

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago

Great story if you want to feel like shit.

OlebillOlebillabout 8 years ago
Horrible

You really screwed it up. Poor siblings never stood a chance with you as writer. Maybe you should try somewhere else where people like death in the sick way you write.

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago

One of the best stories I've ever read to the last page then became the worst terrible and disappointing

honybipolahonybipolaalmost 7 years ago
wow...

the last chapter blew my mind, like literally...wtf, one of the best story if only the ending had ended differently with Brooke eneding up alive and kicking to enjoy the erotic romance and true love she shared with Steven...if you could still rewrite this...maybe you could find your way back

Hexdsword6Hexdsword6over 6 years ago
Damn you and your amazing stories!

I’m a fan of your work and although this story is hard to read I still loved it! Hoping to see more of your work soon. Keep writing and I’ll keep reading!

c4vetteman94c4vetteman94about 6 years ago
I will just never get it

Like a few previous commenters said, with all the horrible things that happen in the world why end a fantasy story with such heartbreak. There is no need for it in this setting. I had all the chapters favorited and this was becoming onenof my all time favorites. Until I read that line about it being the last time they would ever make love in piblic. I knew what you were doing then, this is also why i wait to vote until I finish the series, now i can go back and vote accordingly. You destroyed this series for no reason. I hoped all the hints about her health were just a pregnancy, but you just couldn't let them be happy.

I hate stories like this that have such great build up, great writing, and the characters have such great chemistry. And the they get torn apart in the most brutal of fashion...

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

A great & sad story that brought a tear to my eye's, keep up the good work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago
Great story

Thank you for a great story (that included sex). I read all the chapters and couldn't stop reading it. thanks for your time and effort. 5 *

AnonymousAnonymousover 5 years ago

I really enjoyed this story until the end. I would have preferred that the story continued on. And yet with the ending, it sort of made the ending of their story so much more dramatic, if that was what you were going for.

SAV12SAV12over 5 years ago
A BEAUTIFUL STORY

"BROOKE" IS A BEAUTIFUL STORY BUT GIVEN A TRAGIC ENDING. WHY?? IT COULD HAVE GONE ON TO SO MANY DIFFERENT DIRECTIONS . MAYBE A NEAR DEATH EXPERIENCE AND A CONTINUATION WOULD HAVE HAD A BETTER OUTCOME.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
5 Wow great ending to a great story.

Okay sure a tragic ending is sad, but they really loved each other and were happy for as long as the were together. It was well done. Sometimes life just goes south on you. There was nothing in this story I didn't like. Since they were young and people that age think they're invulnerable it was believable Brooke would not go to the doctor until it was too late. I know people over twice her age who have made that mistake with the same result.

WargamerWargameralmost 4 years ago

So fucking sad, I worked out what was happening and went ahead to the end to confirm my suspicions. Once confirmed I did not go back and complete the tale.

Bad way to end a great story, I took a point away for that scores 4/5.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Best story I have ever read till the last page then became the worst

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

Wow, you drug us through a bunch of disappointments and uncharacteristic behavior, to make it seem like it would end well, then drop that load of shit on your readers? Not cool.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Hated the ending.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Really just this story is awful

BigGun44BigGun44almost 2 years ago

That was a heartbreaking ending.

AnonymousAnonymous9 months ago

I remember reading this when it first came out before all the chapters were completed , I loved it , I reread it and loved it until the last page. While I would prefer a Brooke and Steven very much alive ending. You could have done a lot more with her death , such as him seeing her smiling down on her or a faint ghostly whisper that says “ I’ll always be with you “ or “ I’m waiting for you “ or you could always make an alternative ending but at the end of the day it’s your story to tell and end as you see fit

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

The ending of this story has haunted me all day and actually ruined this story for me. You had the potential to be great, but it slipped away. I wont be reading your other stuff.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous