By Demon's Driven

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"JD..." she put her arm around his shoulders, "You're not making sense, let's go."

"I'm making sense." He pulled away from her, "You know what happened. You know I...I wasn't there when I should have been."

"JD, you're mother chose to stay with him. She could have left. You offered to have her come and stay with you. She chose to stay with that asshole."

"I knew what he was doing and I should have taken care of him, should have...hurt him so he would leave."

"It wasn't your place."

"I was her son who else should have done it?" he snapped.

"She was also a mother who let her son get beaten so badly he ran away from home." She pointed out. "I'm sorry, no woman deserves what happened to her, but she didn't try. A real mother would have taken her son and..."

"You don't fucking know what it was like!" He shouted at her, "She stayed because he would have found us anyway and she...she took....she took it for me! She tried to protect me and I fucking ran and left her there!"

"Calm down, JD." Miranda said softly. "I didn't mean to upset you. You're right I don't understand. But we should..."

"I...I called her and she didn't sound right; sounded scared. She asked when I was coming up next and I told her that weekend. She said he was drinking worse than ever and was using coke he was getting worse. I told her I would take care of it. Planned on it. Was going to take that pious sack of shit out in the woods and he was never coming back."

"JD I know what happened I was there at the..."

"When that rich snot Deborah called and said she would pay me a thousand dollars to fuck her and her girlfriend. I...I figured why not? Lot of money, two hot women." He shrugged, "My mother had dealt with that animal for years what was two more days?" He lowered his head, "While I was in the middle of a three way he beat her to death. I was still in Deborah's fucking bed when the cops called me the next morning."

"JD how about we get out of here and go back to your place?"

"I don't want to go home. Th...there's no one there. There's nothing there."

"Come over my place. Spend the night."

"Yeah?" he narrowed his eyes, "You don't like anyone sleeping in your bed with you."

"Tonight I would like the company." She reached out and touched his cheek, "Come on JD let's go. We'll take a hot shower, maybe have a little fun and get some sleep."

"I ever tell you what these notches are?"

"No."

"Since I couldn't....wouldn't help my mother I swore if I ever saw a woman being hurt like that and could do something about it, I would stop them. I'd hurt them the way they hurt their women. Whenever I get a chance like I did tonight I come here and tell mom and add a notch to the score."

Miranda looked at the notches, counting, "That's....not good JD."

"They deserve it."

"They do, but you have a good life JD and the Playground, you have a lot to lose, you can't pull this shit."

"I'm a.....whoremaster." he told her, "No one would miss me."

"JD I've worked in bad places. Places where the owners rape and beat the girls, hook them on drugs and bring them to houses to leave them there to be gangbanged all weekend. The Playground isn't like that. I came to work with you because you take care of the girls. They make money and they do it on their terms, its safe JD that's why they stay. They stay because of how you helped Tammy. You can do more good like that then beating up some punks."

"I owe her."

"Then do it a better way." She looked up and turning to follow her gaze they saw the caretaker coming down the path his flashlight waving back and forth. "Come on JD, let's leave."

"Okay, I'll follow you."

"I took a taxi because I knew you'd be drunk, give me your keys."

"You're good Miranda." He stood up and she caught his arm as he swayed and almost fell.

"At many things." She winked as she dug in his pocket and pulled the keys out.

Taking his hand she led him away from the grave and towards the car. "JD can I ask you something?"

"Sure, why not?"

"I know you're father ran after he...killed your mother and the cops never found him. Any idea where he went?"

"Went?" JD looked at her and grinned, "He went south where he belonged."

"South? Where south?"

"Not far, maybe a few feet south." JD laughed.

They'd reached the car and he leaned against it waiting for her to unlock it.

Miranda stood there her dark eyes wide, "A few feet? JD, what did you..."

"Who do you think the first notch was?"

* * * * *

JD took the corner and tried not to look at the empty where the billboard used to be. In the past two months he had paid to have graffiti removed a dozen times and replaced it completely when they had chopped the wooden supports down to knock it over then hacked the sign itself into pieces. Three nights ago it had been set on fire and he told Miranda he would leave it for now. He had spent upwards of ten grand repairing it and it was getting to the point he had to watch what he spent, something he hadn't worried about since the first year he was open.

He pulled into the parking lot and curled his fingers tightly around the leather steering wheel. They were there just as they had been every day since this started. On some days there were maybe a dozen or so, but on other days as many as thirty of the cockroaches showed up. JD frowned when he noticed the private security detail they'd hired to sit outside during the day wasn't there. Who was there, however, was channel twelve again.

He didn't have to look into the van to know it was Molly and her puppy dog cameraman. She'd been showing up a couple of times a week since this mess had started. Sometimes they would stay a half hour and never get out of her van. Other days she would walk around talking to the protestors. Whether she had moved up in the stations ranks or they were just giving her something to bat around, Molly had appeared on the news over this, albeit for a little more than a quick sound bite.

JD looked around the parking lot, spotting Miranda's black BMW convertible and Jimmy's massive custom Chevy pickup. There were another seven or eight cars that belonged to the girls and a couple of the other bouncers. Three weeks ago there was twice that many people working the club at two in the afternoon, but as much as he hated to do it, he had to cut back. The protestors used to drift off by late afternoon and some still did, but the last two weeks they had been hanging around at night as well and really spooking the customers.

JD had some success with getting the police to come chase them off because there were a lot more people around and the customers were drinking and they were afraid of a fight. One thing JD knew was that some of Knox's supporters wouldn't mind a fight. Cruising slowly past the crowd and ignoring the protestors calling out to him JD scanned the mob. He found who he was looking for in their usual spot closest to the club.

It was the two thugs he'd spoken to back in the beginning. They were here every day and were always with several more men who looked as if they'd served time or should have. The large powerfully built black man, Reggie was the ring leader and the scrawny little dirt bag was Greg his little toady who was always right next to him. They were the most vocal, especially when the girls came in, slinging not just bible crap, but insulting them and making lewd remarks.

When they did this they came up close to the girls so the rest of the people, whom JD assumed were actual church goers, couldn't hear them. Credit where it was due several times when the Jehovah's Jail Birds were starting to get too belligerent some of the older protestors would come over and talk to them. More than anything else that told JD there were two factions at work here. The lemmings who really thought Knox was legit and his little gang of allegedly born again riff raff that were looking for things to go to the next level.

JD had brought Higgins in through the back and had him take some pictures of God's chosen delinquents and see what he could find. Jake Higgins was one JD's more valuable aces up his sleeve. Higgins worked as a detective in the vice squad, but had enough sexual vices of his own that JD had easily been able to recruit him to help him with not just money, but freebies whenever he wanted them. Higgins was a major part of why The Playground had never been raided and also served him well by digging up dirt on anyone JD needed to hold something over. But so far even Higgins was drawing blanks on Knox to the point he had echoed Miranda saying that maybe Knox was genuine.

JD knew better. Whether it was drugs, whores, gambling, impregnating the women in his church, Knox had something to hide and he'd find it and use it to back him off. Shutting his car off and staring at the few cars in the section the customers parked, JD knew he better strike oil fast or there wouldn't be much to save. He exited the car and removing his sunglasses turned to see most of the protestors looking his way.

Keeping his head up and staring at the group of thugs who were lined up along the wall leading to the entrance, JD approached them walking at a normal pace with his hands in his pockets, strolling along as if nothing was amiss.

"Hey whoremaster, you putting those girls out on the street now to make up the money you're losing here?"

"Hey pretty boy, do you have to fuck the queers now that you can't afford to pay your faggots?"

JD turned to see that had come from Greg who was standing right next to Reggie as usual.

"Don't hate them because they get paid and you gave it away for free in the joint." JD replied calmly as he approached the door, but stopped when two of the goons wouldn't step aside.

"Move."

"What if we don't whoremaster?"

JD looked past him and saw Molly and Joe were out of the van and the camera was trained on them. Smirking he replied.

"Then I'll call the cops and you can go to jail and find out what a Boston cream pie really is."

The man's eyes darkened and JD saw his shoulder start to dip. Go on, he thought, take the swing, prove me right.

"Oscar!" A woman's voice exclaimed. "Stop that crude language and let the man in."

JD saw an older woman with a gray bun on the top of her head and wearing a shapeless sweater and ankle length skirt, push between Oscar and the guy next to him.

"This isn't our message here, now go back and stand by the cars. You're not representing the reverend like this."

"Yeah Oscar, not very Christian of you." JD winked at him.

Oscar glared at him, but turned with the other man and walked away.

"There is no need to mock us, Mr. Walker," The woman said, facing him, "We're here to help people."

"So am I." he gave her a practiced lady killer smile. "The Playground helps many people."

"That's the pleasure of the flesh, Mr. Walker and it is fleeting."

"They make pills that can help with that."

The woman shook her head sadly at him, "Mr. Walker you're a beautiful man."

"Why thank you." He winked at her, "Are you a cougar looking for a cub?"

"I don't know what that means, but I assume it's a lewd remark. You may have your looks and money now Mr. Walker, but you won't always and when your looks fade and the money runs out all those pretty ladies will no longer be around you. What will you have then?"

"That's...a good point." He tapped his head as if thinking, "What will I have, oh!" he showed her his palm. "I'll always have my hand! It will never leave me and will always love me no matter what."

She stared into his eyes and with a shrug said, "God loves you to Mr. Walker, you're one of his children."

"Then someone should call DCYF on him then." JD told her, "Have a good day ma'am."

"I will Mr. Walker a better one than you I'm sure."

Passing her and entering the club, JD was pretty sure that at this point she might be right. Two was never a busy time of day, but there would usually still be a twenty or so people watching the dancers and some action in the back, but JD only saw a half dozen and all were currently watching Maria working the pole while Mandy, the only waitress on right now served them drinks wearing only a red thong and a pair of knee high stiletto boots.

Jimmy was behind the bar, inventorying the liquor and Roger, the other bouncer was talking to two of the other girls who hadn't bothered changing out of their street clothes. JD started to walk into the back area when he saw Miranda sitting at a small table in the far corner of the club behind one of the stages.

"Shouldn't you be in the back?" he asked, dropping into the chair across from her.

"If there was anyone back there I would be."

"No one?"

"A couple was here earlier, you know them, she gets fucked by a couple of the guys while he watches and she tells him what a needle dicked loser he is."

"I know them."

"Just them and a couple of straight up johns looking for a piece." she looked up from the lap top. "We're hurting JD. That's why security's not out there, I can't keep paying them and the fruits haven't gotten out of hand."

"There should be more girls here."

"I kept them home and some of the guys."

"Yeah, but..."

"JD you mean well. But when you sat there two weeks ago and told everyone you'd pay them whatever their average weekly draw was as long as they stuck this out with us, it ate up a lot of money that didn't get put back. I had a meeting and told them that as no longer the case."

"Without asking me?"

"You pay me to run this place." She reminded him. "You're the face of this JD. You bring in the talent, you bring in the clients, you have the connections. But you don't have any sense with your dollars and cents. It had to be done."

"I....I guess you're right."

"Two more regulars called and cancelled. They said to call them when this is done. They're not coming anymore while the holy rollers are here."

"Who?"

"It doesn't matter. The senator said to cancel his...

"We'll send the girls to him, we'll set something up discreet for him."

"House calls?" she raised her eyebrows.

"It can work!" he snapped his fingers, "Call all the regulars and tell them we'll do that, we'll book motel rooms and send the girls, no extra charge."

"It's worth a try."

"Judge Lindsey says she won't be coming anytime soon either, she is not going to take a house call."

"Tell her I'll take care of her personally."

"Really?" Miranda sighed, "Well maybe you could get her to agree to that, but she also said she may not be able to look the other way if this gets any bigger and..."

"What?"

"JD...."

"With what we have her doing on tape?"

"Betray a confidence we lose all trust."

"I can't fucking believe this!" he slapped the table hard enough to cause Miranda to flinch. "Two months, two fucking months of a bunch of morons in front of the club and we're getting down to this?"

"I know it seems quick." She replied softly, "JD, Knox is getting bigger and bigger. He's mixing with the politicians, uniting with the family values crowd. It's been a long time since they had anyone they could look to push their beliefs outside of politics. They're helping him."

"But we have..."

"I know who we have, but...Look JD let's face it the Playground is a running joke in the eyes of the law. Everyone and their mother knows or suspects what goes on here, but they look the other way because the a club like this draws people here and caters to half of them. But now the goodie-goodies have their crusader and they are making enough noise behind the scenes to make our allies nervous. We're losing our support."

"Then maybe we make an example." He said quietly.

"What do you mean?"

We can't show anything that happened here, but we send for someone out of state, send them as candy to one of our turncoat protectors. Get them on tape, then send the tape. They won't know it came from me, it won't be one of our girls or guys."

"They'll know and they won't. It's too much of a dangerous game."

"We have to..."

"Wait a minute," He snapped his fingers, "I might have another card we can play."

"Are you sure?" Miranda waved her hand dismissively, "It's not like you've been playing with a full deck lately."

"Funny."

Grabbing the phone he dialed the bar.

"Hey, JD," Tammy answered, "Jimmy went around the back to..."

"I don't need him. Ask Roger if that damn reporter is out there."

"Hey Rog!" she yelled causing him to move the phone from his ear, "Those meanies from Channel Twelve out there?" There was a slight pause.

"He said they are, but they're in the van."

"Thanks."

Hanging up he rose from the chair. "I'll be right back."

"Where you going?"

"To pump a reporter," He smirked, "Just not in the way she'd like."

"There's conceited and there's convinced." Miranda sighed.

Ignoring her, JD quickly cut through the club and exiting into the parking lot spied the van in its usual spot along the fence. Seeing him approach, Joe pointed at him and he saw Molly peer around him. Walking around to her side, he gestured for her to roll down the window.

Her eyes narrowed, but she did as he asked,

"Good morning Miss Malone," he flashed a practiced smile.

"What can I do for you Mr. Walker?"

"I think it's more a question of what we can do for each other."

"Hey, man, get lost." Joe hit the button to put the window back up.

"Funny, I didn't hear her say that." JD caught the window and pushed hard on it, causing it to stop."How much you think it would cost to replace this glass?"

"Joe, stop." Malone said softly, her eyes still fixed on JD, "Let's be polite. After all Mr. Walker could use all the friends he can get these days." She gave him a nasty smile, "I've heard you've lost some recently."

"Molly, don't waste your time talking to this asshole."

"Hey, Joe, chill out" JD said, putting his hands up in an innocent gesture, "I only want to talk to her for a minute. You'll still have time to catch your daily quickie in the back of the van."

"Mr. Walker must you..." Malone began, but turning his gaze back to her he continued,

"And just think after a few minutes alone with me, she'll really be worked up. Save you the time it takes her to get wet."

"You fucking..."

"Joe stop!" she put her hand up and he immediately fell silent.

"Well trained." JD laughed and snapping his wrist made the sound of a whip cracking.

"Move." Molly said, opening the door she swung it wide quickly causing him to jump back.

"Yes, ma'am."

She walked a few feet from the van and JD followed, his eyes automatically gravitating to the backs of her legs. Again with the loose knee length skirt, he shook his head; the woman had no fashion sense at all. She turned to face him, but he kept his gaze on her legs.

"You have decent legs," he pointed at the skirt, "You should show them off more."

"Hair down, skirt up, that how you picture me?"

Nah, skirt down, but panties off." He winked, "You do wear panties right? Can't see you as a thong type of girl."

"Enough, Mr. Walker, I'm not one of your whores" She kept her voice even despite the vivid image of him pushing her face first against the van then pulling her skirt up, shoving her thong, the lace red one that slut Molly so loved to wear, to the side and fucking her in a standing position.

"Fine," He gave her a mock bow, "My apologies.

"Why are you out here, Mr. Walker?"

He let the smile fade and glancing over his shoulder to make sure Joe was out of earshot, said in a quiet voice, "Okay, no more bullshit."

"Stop the presses." She quipped.

"Good one." He told her, "I caught the news the other day and seems to me that fraud Knox wasn't too thrilled about whatever you were saying to him."

"He wasn't." She forced herself not to smile in satisfaction at the thought that he was following her story.

1...678910...29