Can There Be Peace Ch. 13

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Yes mam," the girl replied as she dialed first one number and left a message and then a second number and again left the message. "Voicemail..." she said disgustedly. She had to search for it but came up with another number and after a minute talked to a man and explained the problem and that she could not reach the two managers. She listened and said, "I know but I was told to inform you that I am looking at 4 combat vets just back from the middle east and they are suffering from PTSD. Finally, one is a Congressional Medal of Honor holder and another has a Distinguished Service Cross. Needless to say, all four are Purple Heart holders. Yes, sir, very bad press."

The girl listened for a moment more and said, "I'll tell them and the police when they show... Harry is calling them unless I miss my guess. Yes sir, the asshole. I mean the difficult one. Thank you, sir." She said hanging up. "The owner is coming down. He's a vet too so he understands and this isn't the first time Harry has tried to hold back one to sell something more expensive." She smiled coldly, "I bet he loses his job this time." She lowered her voice, "When the police come, just be cool and let me handle it."

Jane smiled, "Thank you." Suddenly she realized the woman was more than she seemed, "You're hers also. Forgive me, I didn't realize. I'm new at this and recognizing my sisters."

"Granddaughter, Karen was right, you are special. More special than even I guessed." The girl blinked and said with wonder, "Was that her? Was that the Great Mother of all?"

Jane's eyes who were every bit as wide nodded slowly. "I...I think so."

"Why did she call you granddaughter?"

"Sister, my mother is Lilith. She helped me become. Can you see my true form?" Jane wasn't even sure if she could show her form or not.

"Oh wow..." the girl breathed. "All three of you are her angels...."

"No Karen is her daughter, her third daughter after Lilith and Eve." Jane said. She caught sight of the salesman heading back towards Karen and said, "Oops.. got to go." She got there just in time to hear him say he called the police and if Karen knew what was good for her she would leave before they got there. "That's okay, I called the owner and he is on his way too." She looked at Karen, "He's a vet and understands the pressures of returning all too well." She looked at the salesman and smiled, "If I were you, I would go start cleaning out your desk." Turning back to Karen, "Apparently Harry here has a record of telling customers the car they want sold and then talks them into buying one more expensive to get a bigger paycheck."

"In that case, I can't wait for the police to come to file charges," Karen said wolfishly.

The salesman went over and started berating the switchboard operator. Jane looked at Karen, "Do you trust me?"

She thought about asking Jane what she was talking about but something in the woman's eyes stopped her, "Yes Jane."

"Then follow my lead. When the police come send them to the operator; she and the owner will deal with them. Is Cat on her way?"

"Yes, Sherry is driving her," Baby Girl replied.

Jane lowered her voice, "Karen, it's not very often I have my nose rubbed in it and I have to admit I was wrong." She paused and met Karen's eyes, "You know I don't believe it your Great Mother version of god."

"What happened Jane," Karen asked worriedly.

"She, for lack of a better term channeled through the girl and spoke to me." Jane bit her lip and said almost in a whisper. She said...Granddaughter, Karen was right, you are special. More special than even I guessed." She looked at Sandy, "You only thought I was uncomfortable before. The last time someone told me I was special; I got suckered into taking point and got my leg shot off."

"I'll try not to send you out into the sharp end first," Karen said. Instead of being calmed, Jane seemed more agitated. She really wanted to know what she and Baby Girl talked about but now was not the time.

"I picked a bad week to quit smoking," Jane said under her breath.

"I picked a bad week to quit drinking," Baby Girl countered. She waited a beat, "Oh wait I didn't... I guess you didn't either." She opened her belly bag and pulled out a slightly bent cigar and a lighter. "Here," she said handing them to Jane.

Jane looked at the cigar and lighter dumbly for a moment and took them with a muttered "thanks."

Karen pretended to look around but was watching Jane. Instead of the girl leaving she simply went outside and sat on a bench. Turing away she asked quietly, "What the hell happened between you two Sandy?"

"Nothing other than I talked her into not bailing on you until you two cleared the air." Baby Girl replied. "Jane believes she repaid your kindness by destroying your peace of mind and our family." She turned and looked at Karen fully, "If you let her out of your sight, you are signing her death warrant. That girl believes she deserves to die so strongly a blind man can see it."

About that time Karen saw Cat and Sherry pull up. They went to talk to Jane outside and then Cat came in while Sherry stayed out to talk to her. Cat looked back towards Jane and then back again, "Did you have to throw the book at her Karen? She was only trying to help."

"I didn't go there; the moment I came in I have been locking horns with a jackass over the car being sold or not since you reserved it." Karen shot back.

"Apparently he called the cops and Jane had the switchboard operator call the owner. According to her, let her and the owner handle the police." Baby Girl added.

"You forgot mother talking to her and her flipping out more than she had been already." Karen said.

Cat shook her head and went over to the switchboard operator, "I bought a car this morning online and now I hear it has been sold twice. I want to speak to the manager."

"As I told your friend, the manager and general manager are both out to lunch. The owner is coming from Asheville and should be here in a few minutes," The girl said.

"Well hello there little lady, I'm sure I can get you into something you will like much better." Harry said smiling at her.

Cat looked at him for a long moment and said, "I'll say this nice and slow for you... Fuck off. I've had a long night and today is not shaping up any better so why don't you take it somewhere else." She got out her phone and dialed 911. "Yes I'm sorry for using the emergency line. But I want this recorded. My name is Major Marie Stevenson United States Army and I would like an officer to come to Blankenship Chevy dealership. I want to file a criminal charge against the dealership for fraud and bait n switch practices against the armed services." She listened for a moment and said, "Don't worry I will be right here." Hanging up she looked at the girl and said, "You may want to let the owner know I am going to see a lawyer just as soon as I give my report to the police to see about filing charges in civil court also."

Returning to Karen she said, "Shall we wait outside? I want to intercept the police when they arrive." They went out and Karen sat down beside Jane.

She looked at the girl and realized Sandy was right, Jane had a death wish so strong it was a wonder she wasn't playing in the street. "You want to talk about it Jane?"

"No that's okay Karen," Jane replied not meeting her eyes.

"That was not a request," Karen said. She looked up at Cat and said, "Would you three give Jane and I a minute alone?" She watched them move off a bit and took the cigar from Jane's fingers. Taking a few puffs she handed it back. "Now, I want to know what the hell is wrong in one hundred words or less."

"Is this when I point out that I am not one of yours and can say piss off?" Jane said finally looking at Karen.

"After tearing into me allow me to return the favor. You will tell me what I want to know one way or the other Jane. We can do it the easy way and you tell me what is bothering you or I can have Sandy tie you up and toss you into the back of the truck and do it the hard way." She paused and then added, "Bear in mind the hard way will involve the same questions after I deal with the police, an irate owner, and rampaging cat. You can guess what my mood will be like."

"While I know Sandy can fight and may well clean my clock if she was mad. I don't think she has it in her to fight me."

Karen raised her eyes, "Baby Girl, if I said I wanted you to take this sorry piece of shit and do to her what I did to you. What would you say?"

"I'd do it Mistress." She looked at Jane, "I'll not fail her again Jane. Will you go quietly?"

Seeing a car pull up quickly Karen stood, "Too late, BG, Sherry you know what to do." She looked at Jane, "Go quietly or I will have to personally kick your ass. Then we will all end up in jail together."

"Think you can?" Jane said not moving.

"Oh god," Baby Girl said covering her face.

Karen reached down and plucked the cigar out of Jane's fingers. Crushing it under her foot she said, "I own you. I own your mother and as such I own you. Now you will do what I command or I will kill you here and now Jane. Your choice..." she bent over until their eyes were inches apart. She whispered oh so softly, "Don't fuck with me, I'm not in the mood."

"I love you too Karen," Jane said bending forward and kissing her lightly on the lips. She stood and linked arms with Sherry, "Want to go see how I found BG?"

Sherry giggled with relief and said, "Sure." As they walked away she added softly, "Sister, you must love scaring the pee out of people." Turning her head, she said, "Coming BG?"

Baby Girl looked at Karen a long second and shook her head before hurrying to catch up with the pair.

Karen looked at the retreating group and then Cat, "One of these days I would love for nothing dramatic to happen." She caught sight of a pair of police cars turning in with their lights flashing and added, "But today is not going to be one of them." Unlike the car which pulled around to the side, these came up to the front and two officers hurried inside right past them. She looked at them and then back to Cat, "You know Marie, Jane was right, it was my own damn fault. All that happened, happened because I didn't set hard rules for you girls." She paused and then added, "I don't suppose I can ever be your sister again can I."

"Karen, you will always be the sister I saw in the grove when you opened my eyes. Yes, you are my Mistress but you are the sister I found hiding behind the title." Cat paused and then added, "Karen, I know I got lost in the needs of the flesh and failed you. We all did, but Jane set us straight. Some..." she gestured towards Baby Girl, "...More than others."

"Did you know she told Darkstar that she fully expected that she was going to be left below to deal with the bitch," Karen said softly. She looked at Cat, "Am I that heartless? That's something mother would have done just for kicks. That's what I was trying to stay away from."

Before Cat could reassure Karen a slightly overweight man came out with the two officers. "I'm sorry about the mix up, but the vehicle you are looking for has been sold and should have not been on the website."

Karen opened her mouth but Cat said, "I'll handle this Staff Sergeant." She pulled out a folded sheet of paper from her back pocket of her jeans and said, "If you think that will get you off you are mistaken Mister...?

"Bannester, Johann Bannester, Miss?"

"Major Marie Stevenson United States Army, CMoH, retired." She paused as he saluted and returned his salute before continuing, "If it had been a simple matter of just something showing on website I would be fine with it. However, I talked with a Ben Norman who is the sells manager and paid fifty-eight thousand nine hundred and thirty-seven dollars and twenty-eight cents for the car. She handed the man the piece of paper, "This is a fax sent from here two hours ago. Now before I file formal charges against you and this dealership I want to know where the hell is my car or I want to see the record of its sell before I bought it."

"May I see that?" one of the officers said taking the paper. Looking at it he passed it to the other officer, "This puts a completely different light on what you say happened Mister Bannester."

The second officer asked, "Do you have a Ben Norman working here?"

"Yes he is the sells manager," the owner said. He looked back at the sells man inside and motioned for him to join him. When the man came out he said, "I want to know why you told me the car was already sold when the manager just sold it to this woman two hours ago?"

"Well... ummm.... I don't show it on the computer as available," the sells man stammered.

"Did it ever occur to you that it was not available because she bought it?" the owner roared. "If it has been sold then I want to see the receipt, if not then find it."

"Yes sir," the sells man said rushing inside.

"Where is Mister Norman now?" one of the officers asked.

"I don't know. He is not answering his phone," the owner replied squirming.

He made a notation in a notebook, and then turned to Cat and began asking her information about the discussion she had with the manager. They were still talking when a black Suburban pulled up and a pair of men got out. The driver, was holding a drink cup in his hand and sipped it loudly.

The second man said, "Mister Bannester, what brings you here today?"

Cat looked pointedly at the car and then the owner, "I would like to know if it is common practice for your staff to sell a car and then take it out for a drive to run up the millage and an early lunch?"

"Very good question," said one of the cops walking over to the car to check the vin number.

"Well? Answer the Major," The owner asked the second man as the first continued on inside.

"We, um took it to get it detailed and stopped at a drive through on the way back."

"I thought dealerships had detailing services on site," Cat said staring hard at the man.

"We do," the owner said looking at the general manager. "It is also the policy for two managers not to leave for lunch at the same time and take long morning drives in a car that has been sold."

The officer who had been checking the vin number opened the car door and closed it. He started speaking into the radio and Karen could hear him asking for a K-9 unit. Returning he said, "Major, the Vin number checks out with the one you purchased this morning. Would you consent to a search?"

"I haven't taken position of it yet so it still technically falls under Mister Bannester's ownership," Cat replied with a smile.

Karen caught the hint of a smile as the officer turned to the owner, "Well Mister Bannester?"

"Of course," the owner said not understanding.

The general manager looked worried and said, "Well I need to get back to work and started to go in."

Karen grabbed his arm and said, "No I think you really need to stay and explain why you were dealing drugs in the Major's car before she took position." She looked inside, "For that matter why did the sells manager go inside when he had to know why the police are here?" She looked at one of the officers and asked, "I wonder just what was in the supposed drink cup?"

"With your permission Mister Bannester I would like to search the premises for illegal drugs," One of the cops asked him.

Mister Bannester was staring at Karen with wide eyes. Not only did her words shock him but for a moment there he thought he saw something else. "Y...y...yes," he stammered.

The cop got on the radio and requested the swat team and backup to search the dealership for narcotics. That got results and in less than a minute several police cars came screaming in.

Realizing that the others might be found playing bondage games in her truck Karen thought hard, "Sandy and Rachel, let Jane loose and the three of you wander back this way pronto." She could only hope they heard and would listen.

One of the officers took the general manager into custody and put him in the back of his car. The other began talking to the officers as they arrived. Karen looked at the owner and said, "I give you credit for not knowing what the general manager and staff are pulling under your nose here. However, that makes you simply incompetent instead of a criminal. Now let me clear up one thing for you. Major Stevenson is the CFO of my company. She works for me not the other way around."

She moved close to him and lowered her voice, "If you clean house, get rid of all the bad apples and take an active role in managing this business, I won't let Major Stevenson ruin you. That is her price, "For me on the other hand, you will get rid of that fucking salesman, and never ever allow shit like this happen again. Finally, I expect you, you personally to hand the keys to me when the police finally release the car to you." Karen paused and said, "Do we have an agreement?"

"Yes of course," the owner said relieved. He expected the woman to snap and go off on him.

"Look Mister Bannester, I went through almost the same exact thing you are going through now. By not taking an active role of those who work for me, I was betrayed and hurt. I thought we were friends, a family. I was mistaken and that mistake almost cost me everything I hold dear. So, if I may give you a piece of advice, one CEO to another, "We all make mistakes. The best we can do is learn from them and move forward. I removed the ones who needed to be removed, forgave the rest, and now take an active role in running my business."

"But how do you know who to fire and who to keep?" he asked looking from one to the other.

"My guess is the guilty ones will be the pair who wandered off with the car to do a drug deal. However, that asshole salesman, tried to cover for them which means he is guilty also." Karen paused, "From personal experience, four of my employees are of college age, you know the type think they know everything but know just enough to get into trouble. The rest are adults who understand the price of their actions. When I confronted them the adults who are still with me said, "Guilty... it was a poor choice. The kids said guilty but we meant well. Is that about right Cat?"

"Karen is being to kind. It took an outside consultant to bring it all into focus. At first we said, we had no choice but to go along." Cat looked down, "The consultant called bullshit on that excuse and forced us to see that we simply chose to go along for the ride. Better not to make waves minds set." She glanced inside and then back to him, "My guess is that the girl working the switchboard knew something was up, but not what so she made the same mistake as we did."

"I would keep her and make sure she understands that you will take a call day or night if she sees anything funny in the future." Karen said.

"Yes, she did call me and made sure I was going to come," he replied. "I don't suppose you can give me the name of the consultant you used. It looks like I will need him before this is all over."

Karen laughed, "I can do you one better than that." She gestured where Baby Girl, Jane and Sherry were walking towards them together. "She's the one in the middle."

And now for my disclaimers which were inspired by JimBob44 and acup. Thanks for the inspiration.

Yes, I never met a comma or ellipse I didn't like.

Yes, it jumps around too much.

Yes, it's in the wrong category.

Yes, it's too long.

Yes, it's too short.

Yes, this is stupid shit.

If you want a perfect story go find one written by Mr. Data.

And, yes, I suck.

Go have yourself a warm and fuzzy day.

BTW, you only get to comment on spelling and grammar if you are volunteering to be an editor. Those comments and rants will be deleted, you've been warned.

Don't forget to vote!