Can There Be Peace Ch. 16

Story Info
A woman returns from the military to face her past.
14.6k words
4.72
4.8k
3
0

Part 16 of the 17 part series

Updated 06/08/2023
Created 04/10/2018
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

This story is copyrighted 2017 by Kaereni, may not be excerpted, reprinted, reproduced, or reposted in any form without the express written consent of the author. Visitors may read or temporarily download pages but are not permitted to modify or re-distribute them.

The story may contain sexual activities and situations that are to be read only by readers above the legal age of consent. All characters are above the age 18. The story is not to be read in locations where such stories are illegal. If you are not of legal age, or live in the wrong place, please do not read.

Author's note: A special thanks goes to Ed for his work on editing my stories. Any mistakes you find are not his fault; they are mine for not making all of the changes he recommends.

*

Jane returned to the front yard and sat down on the grass. Ten minutes later, she had just about decided to go get Sherry herself when the woman came over and knelt near her. Jane looked at her for a long moment and said, "You know Rachel, of all here, it is you I feel closest too. You and I are alike. At least we were and because of that I see myself in you."

Sherry looked up surprised. She thought that if anyone it was Karen or Baby Girl that Jane was close to. "I don't understand how do you see yourself in me?"

"Since I can guess my little sister blabbed I can tell you in greater detail." Jane said. "Most of my life I was told I would amount to nothing. I was a failure as a male and they damn sure didn't want me. I was put in a boarding school so my parents didn't have to deal with a bastard son. When mother divorced dad, I was tossed into an apartment and told to deal with it. I wasn't welcome in her house with her and my little sister. Think about it, my own flesh and blood mother, I was in eighth grade for god's sake."

"Oh my god, that's terrible," Sherry said with wide eyes.

"Only my mother's death caused me to step up to the plate so to speak. Tiffany was a mess. Her father, the banker didn't want anything to do with her but couldn't just toss her out. At least he had those morals." Jane looked down at her hands, "Family takes care of family, I made that choice when mom died. I had to be the big brother and protector that Tiff needed. So I forced myself to grow up and get past the feelings of worthlessness."

"I didn't have a little sister, my parents are still alive and I am still stuck with feeling worthless no matter what I do," Sherry said looking at Jane.

"Correct as far as it goes sister. But there is more," Jane replied. "Let's break it down, that always works for me. You failed Karen because well that's what you do, you fail. Right?"

"Yes, I knew the minute Eva turned away without whipping her something was up. But I couldn't speak up. I was afraid to."

"Not afraid of Joyce. You were afraid of the other's reactions and more importantly Karen's reaction." Jane countered.

"Yes," Sherry replied. "I have been thinking about it all evening. Why did I stay silent? Because I am worthless and no one would listen." She looked at her hands, "God I hate my life, but love it here." She looked at Jane with tears rolling down her cheeks, "Help me. Fix me, guide me sister because I can't live like this."

"I will sister. I promise you will see the world differently by the time we finish. But before I go poof you are well, let me try to walk you to the conclusion." Jane paused and said, "You think you are worthless. But I can prove otherwise and then we can address the self-confidence issues. Ok?"

"Okay," Sherry sniffed and wiped away at her tears.

"If you were worthless, would you have been able to become an accountant? Would you have had the ability to open your own place? A woman in a small southern town opening an accounting firm. Girlfriend, you are not worthless. That's one of the bravest things I have seen someone do around here for a long time.' She paused, "Then there is Karen. A little bird told me you waited for her and her alone. Keeping yourself pure even knowing she may not come back. Would a worthless person do either of those things? I say no."

"Okay so worthless is not the right word. But I still kept quiet when I should have spoken up." Sherry said softly.

"Okay so why didn't you speak? Because you thought the others would scorn you or worse laugh at your fear. But if Karen was there, would you have jumped up and tried to stop Joyce? Would you have if you knew where it was leading?"

"Yes, that much I decided tonight. I couldn't let Karen get hurt and if I had known the extent of the betrayal I would have acted."

"Good girl," Jane smiled. "You have done most of the work already. Sherry, you love Karen as much or more than any here. I love her with all my heart and am sitting out here talking to each of you only because I know it will make her happy. You are the same. You will pay any cost, your life if needed to please her." Jane paused again and thought for a second. "Family takes care of family, remember? It takes care of every member of the family, not just the head or one part of it. When you joined this merry band, you joined with all of them." She looked away, "Sister, if you saw a trap just as Little Bit was about to step on it, would you throw yourself on top of it and die so that she could live?"

Up until the question Sherry was seeing what Jane was getting at. But the question made her realize the commitment she made by kneeling beside her sisters under Karen. Finally, after a minute or so she said, "I don't know. I would like to say yes, but the truth of the matter is I really don't know."

"That is what you must resolve Sherry. The commitment you made to Karen, you also made to everyone else. Once you do, all your problems will go away because you know you have your family at your back and you are there for them." She paused and then said aloud and mentally, "Mother please join us. I need you." She smiled, "I'm still working out this communicating thing."

"How may I help you Jane?" a different voice said.

Looking up she saw a woman wearing vines and such as clothing. "You're not the mother I was looking for. But you will do if you don't mind me asking a question or two."

"I would not have come if I wasn't willing to listen and advise if I can daughter." A stump formed and the woman sat down. "Now how can I help you?"

"Karen and Lilith are your daughters, right? So that makes us your granddaughters using the family analogy." Jane said. "Agree?"

"Yes, that is how I see you," The Great Mother replied with a smile.

"Would you die so that we may live one more day?" Jane asked. "For example, you see the sniper down the hill waiting for a chance to take one of us out. As fast as you are, I know you could be in front of either of us before he finishes pulling the trigger. My question is, are you willing to die for your family? Are you willing to take the bullet aimed at Sherry's head?"

The Great Mother looked at Sherry and then returned her attention to Jane, "Yes. If that is how the change of power is to happen. I would do anything to save my family, even recalling and putting Eve in isolation to save the rest of you." She said simply. "Your unspoken question is why? Why did I allow all this shit, to use your term, to happen? Because each of you are like spokes on a wheel. Karen is the hub but without you, she will not be able to function. Each of you, my granddaughters bring something to help make her whole and sane."

Jane nodded, "I expected something along those lines when I first started down this path with you."

"You have another question but you already know the answer," the Great Mother said simply. She bent forward and touched Sherry's forehead, "Love your sisters as deeply as you love your Mistress and the rest will work out." Sitting back up, she smiled at Jane and faded along with her stump.

"I understand now," Sherry said with glazed eyes. She blinked a few times and they cleared, "I must go in and beg their forgiveness for not returning their love fully."

"Okay sister, be at peace," Jane said softly. "When you speak with Doll you can tell her I am ready." She sifted so she was sitting cross-legged and closed her eyes to calm her mind. She heard the crunch of gravel, then the swish of someone walking on grass and them kneeling before her. Not opening her eyes, she said, "I wondered why I was chosen for this task? I'm not all that special, there are better fighters, women who have been women all their lives, and even many more who are much wiser than I could ever be. So I asked myself why me? Any ideas Doll?"

"If there are people who are wiser than you, I haven't met them Jane. I think you are selling yourself short." Doll replied softly.

"No, I don't think that's it. I think it's because I am like you except I didn't have a dominate twin who ruled me from the day I was born." Jane opened her eyes, "You have the same powers she had but never used them because she had you under her thumb. Me I learned the hard way the cost of my ability. I remember, I was in like fifth grade and one of the older boys was picking on me. Life in a military school was not kind to a runt." She paused and looked down at her hands as she continued, "I don't remember why he hated me so much but I was degraded and beat up by him nearly every day. Finally, I lost it and told him to go fuck himself." Jane looked at Doll, "You know what happened don't you."

"He followed your command," Doll said softly.

"The last I saw him he was in the back of a police car fucking himself with a night stick. I never saw him again." Jane said softly. "What mistake did you make to learn never to use them?"

"I told my sister that I was sick and tired of being the one in charge all the time. It was time for her to take control." Doll said looking down. "She took my words to heart and dominated me and all those around me from then on."

"I know why you didn't stand up to her in the so called play room. You couldn't. There is no fault in you there. How do you feel knowing Karen killed her and I killed Eve?"

"Joyce was out of control; power drove her crazy. Her death was a blessing and Eve deserved to suffer more than a simple recall." Doll said looking up. "What will happen to me now? How do I keep from using my powers? How can I keep from losing it like she did?"

"Are you willing to lose them perhaps for all eternity?" Jane asked.

"Are you?" Karen asked.

"If that is your will Karen you know I am." Jane replied looking up at Karen.

"I think instead you will teach your sister control. You never know when a day will come that you will need your abilities," Karen replied. She came forward and knelt next to Doll, "I forgive you," she said tenderly. She leaned over and hugged Doll tenderly. "I want you to look to Jane for guidance." She looked at Jane and added, "Anyone who could get the Great Mother to admit that she would take a bullet to save another is someone I trust without fail even if she isn't mine."

"Who said I'm not yours? I may not wear your brand but where it counts, I am yours Karen and you know it."

"We will see if you are truly mine," Karen said. She looked at Doll, "Go inside and be at peace Doll."

"Wait," Jane said. She leaned forward so she was close to Doll. Taking the girl's hand, she said, "If Karen or your sisters' lives are in danger, you must act. Otherwise let it lay dormant. We will talk more after Karen tries to get me to turn away from her. After you Karen," she said standing.

Karen stood and walked over to the shed. She watched Doll go back into the house before asking. Why does my mother talk to you all the time Jane? What are you really?"

"She talks because I ask. At least I guess that is why. Do you ask her things and she not answer?"

"That's not much of an answer and you ignored the second question." Karen countered.

"Karen, she reminded me of my ability to help defuse crises. This family is or was in a crisis, the head was trying her best to just die and her slaves were being pulled two ways. They were loyal to a sister who can only advise and a Mistress who won't lead. Now and then I ask for guidance. Sometimes it is Lilly who answers my request, sometimes it is your mother. I can't answer any better than that because I don't know. I am a newly created female with the same powers I had before and much more knowledge to go behind it. Were you out here when I recounted my story to Doll?"

"No," Karen said intrigued.

"I was in fifth grade and a kid was always picking on me. Finally, I had enough and I told him to go fuck himself. He tried his best and kept trying every time he got away from others. I saw him being carted off in a police car. I never saw him again and realized I had ruined his life. I fucked up and destroyed another person. Can you imagine how that felt when you have a blinding realization like that at ten? I learned control. Not to get mad, not to judge, just calm the waters."

Karen looked Jane. While her life was fucked up, Jane's was a tragedy. She couldn't imagine living with herself afterwards. "How do you fit in?" she asked to herself "Why are you here now?"

Hearing her thinking aloud, Jane answered, "I don't know and I am here to fix your family." She tilted her head, "So now that you have turned George into a fuck bunny tranny, his girlfriend into a dom and her little sister into her slave, what are you planning on doing to shock me?"

"I'm going to take you down to see firsthand. Then command you to enter each of their minds and make sure they love their new roles in life. George will love losing his balls, getting on hormones, all the plastic surgery needed to make him into a beautiful transsexual, and living his dream. Susan will take charge of Betty and George, both will be hers and she will love and care for them as Mistress and lover. Betty will love finally being her older sister's slave in real life and before they leave beg to be branded as her property. That is what I am asking you to do." She paused, "No not asking, commanding."

"I can see doing him dirty, though it is not as bad as you thought it was due to him wanting the change already." Jane paused, "But how does changing the pair of women fit into it? Susan never did anything more than give herself to the Great Mother."

"Did you notice the interaction between the pair? Susan and Betty?" Karen asked.

"You are referring to Betty being a bossy bitch? That is just her acting out. No different than Tiff and Susan ignores her games. She has for as long as I have known them. About five years now."

"Okay so I might have overreacted to seeing Betty lord over Susan after dealing with Joyce." Karen said. "But my commands remain."

"Why do you want me to turn away Karen? Is it because you see me a threat? Is it because you see me a challenge to your well-ordered chaos? I'll do as you command because your word is law. But I really do want to know why are you having me do what you can do or may already have done without even thinking about it."

"You trouble me Jane, by morning the girls in the house will all understand their role and that I am the Mistress. Call me what you want but my word is law." Karen looked at Jane, "You on the other hand are part of my family, but not a slave. You are a wild card and I can no more brand you as property than I can stop the sun from rising in a few hours."

"You can brand me, if that is your will. You are the boss Karen. Do as you desire."

She laughed, "That's rich, do as I desire. Don't you know I am a puppet being controlled by the Great Mother. She calls the shots and you are off limits."

"Grandmother why this game? Why am I off limits to anything Karen, your daughter, desires?" Jane asked. After a minute of silence Jane said, "I guess she doesn't answer me every time." She turned to Karen, "You do realize that even though I will do all you ask, you will not be reassured. Who knows, I might tell you no next time. That sets up a bad precedence with your girls and destroy all I worked to solve today and tonight. The best solution is for you to kill me or me walk away. I seem to remember trying the second one this morning. Shall we try the first?"

"You know damn well I can't kill you Jane," Karen said sharply.

"Sure you can, just take that shotgun and shoot me between the eyes. I bet there is no coming back from that." Jane replied walking over and leaning against the shed. "You are the boss of you. Quit trying to pass the buck to someone else Karen."

"I'm not trying to pass the buck Jane, that's not fair," Karen shot back.

"Come on, you can't do shit to me because your mother won't allow it. If that isn't a copout I don't know what is." Jane held up a finger. She walked over to the truck pulled out the combat shotgun and returned. Cocking it she tossed it to Karen. "There's one in the pipe. Now how the fuck is anyone going to stop you from pointing and pulling the trigger? If it takes my death for you to quit passing the buck, I am willing to die."

Karen looked at the shotgun and then Jane, the damn broke and she broke down crying. Jane came up and hugged her tightly. Clinging to her Karen sobbed, "Why couldn't you be an asshole."

"I can do that," Jane replied tenderly. She kissed Karen and said, "No, I won't do it...Goodbye." She let Karen go and looked down at the shotgun which Karen had dropped between them. "As a side note, never drop a cocked weapon, it could go off." She bent down, picked it up, and wiped it off as best she could. "Here. Do what you must to feel safe Karen." She turned and started walking down the drive.

"Oh hell no, you are not going to walk away Jane." Baby Girl said coming forward. Behind her were the rest of the girls. "You have to go through all of us."

"Sandy, it's the only way and you know it. Even the Great Mother knows it. Either I leave or Karen will be forced into killing me. With me unable to kneel and become one of her slaves, I am a threat to her." Jane looked at her mother, "Mother, do you really see me submitting fully to Karen's will?"

"You would die for her in a heartbeat. If Karen asked of you something that would cause your death you would do it. Daughter, if that is not complete submission to her will, what is?" Lilly replied.

"It comes down to morals mother. I can give you a simple example." She looked at Sherry, "Sherry, if Karen said to you, kill Jane. You would because you have submitted to her will without question.

"On the other hand if she said, to me kill Sherry. My reply would be no. I was willing to kill Joyce because I saw the evil she had become and frankly death would be a blessing instead of isolation for a year for anyone." Jane paused, "If you can see the difference we are half way there."

"Okay so you won't kill one of your sisters, but what about anyone else?" Cat asked.

"Cat, down below are three people being mind fucked. First is my partner and best friend. Okay he thought about setting Karen up and deserves to follow his dream into becoming a woman. But what if it wasn't his dream? Does a thought condemn?" She paused, "All of you here did worse than he did. Does that mean each of you should be mind fucked in turn? What you do to one, you do to all. You can't have one set of rules for this group." She gestured towards them and then pointed towards the shed,"...and a different set of rules for the rest. Being Karen's slave, it makes it okay because she is doing it. But I'm not and I have issues so I am a threat."

Jane turned and looked at Karen, "Even if I do as you wish and make each love the changes you are making in them. The next time I may well say oh hell no and you know it Karen." She turned back and walked past the girls, the only ones she considered family. Stopping at Tiffany, Jane hugged her tightly and whispered, "Take care of Karen little sister."