Cantar's Chaos Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers

"Corliss, did Christiana deserve to die. No, she did not. Esmeralda gave her that drink that killed her daughter and led to her death. Henry soon followed. She took our sister, and they owe me theirs. Those men will know what it is like to have someone who's innocent taken from them." Christophe vowed.

Matt said something, and Cantar laughed. Corliss watched her. She was beautiful, and seemed so innocent. Unfortunately, she looked just like the bitch that took his precious sister from him, and for that alone, his brother would kill her. He growled as Cantar reached over and touched Matt's arm, not realizing he had a problem with her touching another male. As she laughed, a part of him loved the soft timbre of her voice and wanted to be the reason she laughed so freely. Soon her companion wanted to dance, and she joined him on the dance floor. He watched as her guards repositioned themselves to be closer to her.

Corliss watched them dance, and was instantly annoyed. He did not like the human holding her possessively; he had no right. Well human, enjoy her delights for now. Soon, she will be gone and but a memory to you.Their dance ended and soon they prepared to leave. Christophe told him to follow her and find where she lived. Corliss stayed shadowed as he followed the lovely Cantar and her companion. The human stopped in front of an apartment building and walked her to her door. He did not even give her a customary good night kiss, just a hug. That was fine with him. He did not want another male kissing her anyway. He shadowed himself and watched as the human drove away.

*****

Cantar lay in the bed at her friend's apartment. She could not shake the feeling that she was being followed. She wanted to tell someone, but if her brothers learned of it, she'd be sent to a convent for sure. She hoped it was a passing fancy, but she had a feeling that it was not.

Standing across the street from the apartment, Corliss watched the room that he was sure she went into. Once the light went off, he vanished into her room. Cantar lay in a fitful sleep. I could take you right now, beautiful. But he would want them to know you've been taken. You truly are beautiful. He thought as he touched her glorious hair. Cantar stirred and Corliss vanished back onto the street. His heart was racing, he felt excited, scared, and elated all at once. He closed his eyes and he knew. He would have to stop his brother. He could never allow harm to come to her, because to harm her would slay him. She was his, his wife.

Corliss had to do something. He understood Christophe's pain. The death of Christiana ripped them apart, and to learn it was seemly because some woman was greedy, made the anger even worse. However, she was dead. And from everything that was told, her children were the ones to stop her. However, for his brother, that was not enough.

Corliss vanished back to their small home and went to his room. Brother, is that where she lives? Christophe demanded.

Corliss answered truthfully, No, that apartment carried the scent of wolves.

Very well, that means they are her pets. Most masters would die to protect their pets. We move tomorrow. he sent to his younger brother.

Christophe, please don't do this. She was yet a babe when her mother did this evil. She is an innocent, as well. Corliss pleaded.

Christophe needed to talk to him, so he appeared in his room. "You beg for her life to be spared. Were you not their as Christiana fought for herself and her child. Her husband and children turned a blind eye to her for centuries. For that alone, they need to suffer. Do you really think she is innocent? Cantar Ivanov has a reputation of being willful and cruel when she wants. She is an exact replica of her bitch of a mother, and I will exact revenge for our sister." He declared.

Corliss nodded; he was barely 200 when Henry called for them to come. It was then they learned how ill his sister was. The esteemed Esmeralda stopped coming around. His sister went into labor but did not survive the birth. Her daughter soon followed. Henry blamed himself and used a machete to decapitate himself.

"Christophe, she is mine. She is my wife. Do this for me? Let me approach her, and if she accepts me, let her live. If she rejects me, I won't interfere again." Corliss asked.

"How many chances will you need for this miracle to occur?" Christophe asked. "Brother, she won't accept you, but you need to learn of her depravity first hand. Once she cuts you down, I destroy her."

"I cannot say, wooing her will take time. I must approach her-" I started to say when he cut me off.

"Five tries, if you capture her attention. You can woo her, but if she rejects you after the fifth put down, I exact revenge." Christophe decreed.

Corliss nodded. He had five tries to capture her attention. Her choosing him would determine if she lived or died. Corliss did not sleep. As he rose the next morning, he was greeted by his family. His parents watched him closely. Christophe walked in and the two men glared at each other. Their parents noticed, but remained silent. Christophe fumed, Corliss declared that witch as his mate. He was mistaken. Cantar Ivanov was pure evil. She would be destroyed just like her mother.

He sat next to his brother, and the tension was palpable. Mother looked at them and spoke. "You two are brothers. Whatever has caused this tension, you two need to resolve it.

Father looked at them and he knew. Smiling he said, "Corliss, you've found your mate. But Christophe is not happy. Is she one of the vampires that service men for money, or worse yet a human that does it?" he asked.

Christophe hissed, "A whore would be preferable over what he has chosen. But no worries father, she will never accept the hand of a servant."

"Who is this woman?" Mother asked, curious now. Whoever she was upset her oldest son greatly. She needed to know who this woman was.

"Cantar Ivanov, she is my wife." Corliss answered coolly.

Mother hissed, "That bitch is NOT welcomed here. After the pain her mother caused, you expect us to accept her. NEVER!

"She is not welcomed here. Corliss, I am sure you are mistaken. Besides, her brothers would never allow it." Father declared.

Corliss faced his family. As the youngest, he often bore the brunt of Christophe's ill humor. However, his family hatred for the Ivanov family permeated every pore of their beings. He understood, but he had to at least try and protect her. He had to get them to at least tolerate her. He realized it would not happen today. The anger had festered for centuries and would not be overcome so easily. He sighed and looked at the time. It was time to work, and Corliss stood and bid good day to his family. As he left, the weight of their displeasure weighed heavily on the young vampire. If he chose her, he would lose his family. Too late, he'd already chosen. There was nothing left to do but leave home.

*****

Cantar woke early and was ready to return home. She thanked Kyra and Malcolm for letting her stay over and then vanished back to her home. Corliss reported to work and could not concentrate. All he could think of was Cantar.

Christophe found out that the wolves she was visiting were members of the Loess Pack, and the pack was under council protection. He had no issue with the council, just the Ivanovs. He also learned that she lived on her own and not with her brothers. Her sister-in-law owned a home in Nashville, and Cantar resided there. He shared his findings with his brother.

Corliss decided he needed to get close to her. He waited a couple of months and then he sought employment at her home. Her house mistress was very strict and he almost did not get hired. But they needed an additional male, so she chose to give him a shot. Corliss reported to Mrs. Manuel for training.

"Corliss Darksky, I am hiring you because I like something about you. As you know the mistress of this house is often the recipient of scrutiny from our kind. Because of who her parents were, she needs her privacy. You seem like a decent sort, and I am entrusting you to put her safety first. " She explained.

He nodded and went to work. His first job was to carry her drink to her in her office. Corliss walked in and saw her up close for the first time. She was on her computer, and she looked up at him and smiled. He noticed that even though her smile was big and bright, her eyes were sad. He wanted to be the man, to give her happiness.

"Hello, you must be new. Please come in. You can place the tray on the table." She instructed. "Sit for a minute." Corliss sat trying hard not to stare at the exquisite creature before him.

"Tell me about yourself." She asked. Cantar found herself fascinated by the man before her. He was so handsome, and shy. He didn't gawk at her. It had been so long since someone new came around her and did not stare.

"My name is Corliss Darksky. I'm originally from Venezuela this area three hundred years ago after Chr..." he stopped. Corliss took a deep breath and tried to shake the memories. His mate was staring at him, stunned.

She knew him. For five hundred years, she's waited to meet him. And here he was a servant in her home. Her brothers would never approve. They had their hearts set on Thomas. She knew Thomas was not the man for her, but she never expected him to be a servant.

"Um Corliss, I need you to excuse me a moment. I have to make some important calls." She stood and extended her hands. As he grasped her hand, her body reacted. She noticed that he gripped her hand tightly as if he too felt something. "Um, welcome aboard." She added she reluctantly he let her go.

He then turned and left her alone in the room.

Corliss Darksky, Corliss Darksky, what an unusual name?Cantar researched the name and learned through history that they were a clan of Vampires that originated and some still lived in South America. They were mostly servants and not extremely wealthy. Some eventually became warlords.

She wanted to know about Corliss. After a few hours of learning everything she could about his family, Corliss came back into her office.

"Excuse me, Ms. Ivanov, you have guest."

Who is it? she wondered.

"Bring them in Corliss," and he left out. A few minutes later he returned with some of the girls she had met earlier at a nightclub.

She was polite, but she didn't really want to be around these women. They were petty and mean. That wasn't her anymore. The only reason they wanted to come around her was because of her name. Ivanov. She hated that name at times. But changing her name would not change who she was.

But Corliss, she'd just met him, and already she felt comfortable in his presence.

"Nice piece of eye candy." One girl sneered. "I'd try him out But he'll have to stay secret." The girls laughed.

"Enough, ladies, what are you all up to?" Cantar asked wanting them gone.

"Oh, we're going shopping in England. Jessica's dad gave her his plane. Do you want to come?" she asked.

HELL NO!Cantar thought, but her answer was more diplomatic. "I'm sorry. You all know I'm responsible for my families foundation. I'm working on it today." She declined sweetly.

"Pshhhh, Girl pay someone to do that. You are Cantar Ivanov; you don't have to work?" the leader suggested, not believing she would dare refuse to hang out with them.

"I'm sorry, Sunni, I promised my brothers that I'd be responsible for the foundation and I must keep my word, but if you guys are back we can hang out later." Cantar suggested.

"Well, it's your loss." Sunni hissed, and then she looked at Corliss once again. "Are you sure he's not available, because girl he is fucking gorgeous."

"He has a name and he is not a toy you can play with. Besides, you must be discriminatory Sunni. Too loose and people will think you're slutty", Cantar added.

"Girl, we are all sluts for the right cock, and I bet he has a nice one." She insisted leering at Corliss.

Cantar had enough, and was about to rip her friend's head off for gawking at her mate. Corliss sensed her tension, and waited. He knew she was annoyed at her friend and that made him smile. She composed herself, and politely dismissed her friends. Corliss escorted them out and the one named Sunni flirted with him the whole time. He did not respond, nor did he encourage her. He didn't think his wife would like the idea of him flirting. The women left and Corliss returned to Cantar's office and smiled. He moved to her side and spoke softly, "Thank you for defending me."

Cantar gasped, "They were wrong. I understand that now." Her heart was racing. He could hear it. She knew he could hear her heart, because, his was racing as well.

"My brothers might not approve of you." She bluntly stated.

"They don't matter; do you approve?" he asked as she shifted and he held her for a brief moment.

Cantar, with a boldness she never knew she had answered, "Maybe," she exhaled, "We'll see. I may be better off alone."

One, baby brother, four more to go. Christophe sent.

Christophe, get out of my head. he demanded.

He was talking to someone. Cantar didn't like it. She was aware that people hated her. She tried to go on as if it didn't matter, but it did. Corliss had secrets, and she didn't like it.

He sensed a change in her, and realized it was because of him.

"I'm sorry, Cantar. I didn't mean to offend you. My brother keeps making-" she smiled.

"Ah so you have a pesky big brother as well?" she queried. "How many brothers do you have?"

"One, our sister died centuries ago." He answered, not knowing why he revealed that.

Being astute, Cantar recalled his almost said someone's name earlier. She knew it was his sister. She wondered what happened to her and then thought, What if Mother... She blocked the thoughts. "I'm sorry. I know how painful it is to lose someone." Although she never mentioned it, the loss of her parents still grieved her.

Corliss smiled, "Thank you." He looked around. He needed to get back to work, so he stood to leave.

"Don't go. How old are you?" she asked, trying to find any reason to keep her there.

"In human years, I'm twenty six, but I'm actually five hundred twenty-six." He answered. "How old are you?" he asked.

"I'm five hundred twenty-two." She answered. "You probably already knew that. I have been all over the rumor waves."

"I have heard some things, and I won't lie. I was intrigued, but since I've met you I'd rather form my own opinion." He smiled

Cantar liked him. He seemed really nice and she felt so comfortable with him. But she thought of her brothers. They would have a fit if they knew she met someone that was not Thomas. Cantar went silent, and Corliss froze.

"What did you think about what you have heard? Do you think I am the reincarnation of my mother?" she asked.

He hesitated, and her heart dropped. She pulled away. Strike two brother, three more tries. Corliss ignored his brother.

"Ms. Ivanov, you are not your mother. You are not to blame for what she did." He explained carefully. She looked at him, and something in her eyes told him his answer was important.

Cantar smiled, and wanted to just jump up and hug him. Her husband was an amazing man, but she had to straighten out the damage her mother caused first before she would even think of being with him. Once she made amends then it would be safe for them to be together.

"Corliss, what time does your day end?" she asked.

"Six, why?" he asked

"If nothing else goes wrong, will you join me this evening? We can go out if you want or stay here?" she asked nervously.

"I'd love to join you." He replied. "Now I need to get back to work. My new boss might fire me." He teased and winked as he left her alone in the library.

Cantar, watched him leave and sighed. He is absolutely perfect. I have to get my brothers to accept him. Then she returned to her work with their family foundation. She then focused on her work. One name kept coming up, but when the claims were checked they let coming back unfounded. The client had no concrete proof of any wrong doing.

She highlighted the name again and sent a memo to her researchers. She may have to meet with this man in person and assess his claim. Soon the day ended, and it was almost six. Corliss ended his day and he walked back to the library. He stood in the door and watched her. She was typing and had the cutest little frown on her face.

Clearing his throat, she looked up. When she saw him, she smiled. "Hi, Corliss, are you done?" she asked.

"Yes, I just finished." He answered. "You can finish; I'll wait." He explained.

Cantar quickly finished and then spent the rest of the evening together. Cantar fascinated him. She had traveled extensively, and accomplished quite a few goals. Corliss shared stories of growing up in South America, and dealing with the challenges of being a servant. He talked about the challenges of dealing with the previous council. He almost told her about losing Christiana, but that memory reminded him of the current time. His brother wanted to take her. He had to stop him.

"Corliss, what is it?" Cantar asked.

"Nothing, just memories." Corliss explained.

Soon it was extremely late and Corliss bid her good night and went home. Cantar went to her room and called her new friend.

"Hello, Cantar. What is going on?" Kyra answered, because Cantar rarely called.

"I met him. Kyra, my husband. He is so handsome, and kind. We spent the entire evening together just talking. He really listened to me. Kyra, you have to come meet him. Can you come by tomorrow?" Cantar asked.

Kyra laughed. "Yes, what time will he be there? I only have two classes, so I'm free all afternoon."

"He works here, so anytime. Do you think my brothers will have a problem with him being a servant?" Cantar asked. "Well, it won't matter. He's mine."

"What time can you come?" she asked.

"I can be there at twelve. You can feed me lunch, OK." Kyra informed her friend.

Cantar smiled. "OK, I'll see you tomorrow. If you like him, maybe we can hangout one weekend. You and Malcolm can drive over and stay, and that way he can meet him and tell me what he thinks." Cantar stated wishfully, hoping her best friends mate like the man she would claim as her husband.

"We'd love to, besides I want to check this guy out for myself." Kyra whispered.

Cantar giggled, "OK. See you tomorrow then." And both girls hang up. Kyra turned and looked at her sleeping mate. If this guy made her as happy as her mate did, then Cantar was so lucky. Then she cuddled into her mate and went to sleep.

The next morning, Corliss arrived to work early, and popped by the library to see if Cantar was up. She wasn't in yet and he was disappointed. He reported in and got his assignments for the day. He took her morning beverage to her and they chatted. Soon he had other duties, and Cantar didn't want him to go.

She asked him to come back at noon. He agreed, and then proceeded on with his day. Cantar went back to work with the foundation. The same case that was constantly popping up was back. Her field workers still stated the client's claims were unconfirmed. Cantar started to call her brothers, but knowing how they'd overreact, she decided to call a vampire that worked for her instead.

"Hello, Samaria, I have a favor," she spoke to her employee.

"Yes, Ms. Ivanov, what is it?' Samaria asked. She knew this girl would not call unless it was serious.

"Samaria, can you meet and talk with a client. He keeps applying for reimbursement, but doesn't qualify. Take someone with you, but assess him and tell me if you think he's legit." Cantar requested. Usually if someone need to be vetted, they would do it themselves, but something about this guy made her uneasy. Samaria agreed, and told her she'd call her as soon as she was done.

Iread2relax
Iread2relax
1,299 Followers