Case of the Lost Drone Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"We're all like that in the presence of the Iron Crowbar." said Cindy. "Go ahead, give it a shot."

"Well, sir, ma'am," said Myron, "it just occurs to me that this family is a little too normal. Sometimes the mundane hides some real secrets underneath."

I nodded. "This guy is good." I said to Cindy. To Myron I said "I think you've touched upon something there, Myron. The seemingly mundane can be in and of itself a clue. And with this family, it may be. But... Captain Ross... I am still not hearing the one question that really needs to be asked."

"And you're not going to say that question out loud, are you sir?" asked Cindy with no small amount of acerbity in her voice.

"Maybe tomorrow morning, when we meet with the Detectives." I said. "Okay, Myron, you've done great work on this. Go home. Do not pass 'Go', do not collect two hundred dollars."

After Myron left, I said to Cindy: "We'll meet with Joanne and Theo in the morning. In the meantime... I'd like you to concentrate on this situation with Vice, and work with them more exclusively. I'll work with Joanne and Theo on this case. There's some strange things about it, and I have a feeling it's going to require some inter-agency cooperation. Oh, and when you contact Chief Floyd, tell him I'd like to talk to him, as well..."

* * * * * * * * * * * * * * * *

9:30pm, Tuesday, January 9th. I got a call on my Police iPhone. "Sir, it's Detective Washington. Joanne and I are here with our spouses, having a late dinner at the Cattleman's Club, and something's come up. We've got someone who fell down after drinking too much; she's barely conscious."

"You're calling me for this?" I asked. "Okay, hit me with the punch line."

"Yes sir." said Theo. "It's Bettina Wurtzburg."

To be continued.

So what happened at the crime scene? What's the unspoken question? Why is Bettina getting three sheets to the wind? What's going on? More information next chapter...