All Comments on 'Charlie'

by beast054

Sort by:
  • 2 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Could be interesting.

Like it said at the beginning no sex yet and until that plays out can't be sure if I'll like it or not, but definitely want this to continue if only to find out if I'll like it or not.

TJSkywindTJSkywindover 9 years ago
Hmm

So the alien who treats him like fresh poo, who gets his jollies from seeing him in trouble is his best friend? With such friends, enemies would be safer. No doubt, with Charlie's influence, Brian no longer has any social life. Mouthy small beings really aren't cute.

Sentences a bit on the lengthy side but not overly so. Pretty good writing thus far.

The alien is annoying and treats the human protagonist like crap. I'm also having reservations about Brian's moral character. Brian says he can forbid Charlie doing things, but he lets Charlie get him in trouble like that? And he's not upset that Charlie brags about doings things to his mother?

Which leads me to the question: are the women in the household treated like dirt? Else why wouldn't he challenge the alien on this? Did Taylor get physical only because the patriarch isn't around to keep her in line? Are the parents getting worried because Brian talks to himself and acts moody and irrational? These are but a few directions the story is leading me. There are other possibilities, but there's nothing for us to positively identify with. So far he's a moody teenage boy with a questionable moral compass. Unless you are intending to take this down the SM/BDSM road?

Where's the hook to draw us in? What can we like about either one of them? Some things to think about.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous