City of Angels Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"You sure?" Evan said, with a worried look. "You seem to have a lot riding on this."

"I do, but what you're doing is more important. This is just money."

"No, it's more than that. This means a lot more to you."

"It's not as important . . . Jesus would you look outside?"

They went to the balcony, and all along the ridge of the hills in the distance they could see tiny flickers of flames. It was too far away to threaten them, but it was unnerving nonetheless.

"I hate this!" Craig exclaimed. "This is the only time I consider moving. It's even worse than earthquakes. Do you feel how dry it is?"

"Yes," Evan said. "My skin is like sandpaper."

"Yeah . . . " Craig murmured, suddenly sick of the chit chat. He slid into his arms. "I'm really looking forward to you being here all the time."

"Well I practically am, anyway."

"I know, but . . . god this weather's weird. There's such a strange mood . . . "

"Hey, what's going on?"

"Nothing. I loved our trip. It made me see that . . . this is more important to me . . . you're more important to me than anything else I have going on."

"You are to me, too."

"Evan. You know what I'm going to say."

"Yes."

"I love you."

"I know. I love you, too."

They held each other and watched the fires burn. Though they were far away, they nevertheless gave an orange glow to the skyline, and illuminated their faces by the reflecting light of the moon. There was a smell of smoke in the air.

"How did this happen? I still don't understand," Evan said. He meant it when he said he loved him; he knew he meant it. But it was almost like another person saying it—someone who was still a stranger.

"I don't know," Craig whispered to him. "But I know I do."

"I told you you were brave. Braver than me."

"How do you feel?" Craig asked him.

"Honestly? Scared," Evan told him.

"Me, too."

"Just hold me, then."

"Evan?"

"What, baby?"

"I think I knew it from the first moment I met you. Isn't that corny?"

"It's ok. I know. I'm not sure I understood it, but I think I did, too."

"I'm just not sure exactly what it means."

"Neither do I. But guess what. I think in the next few weeks, we're going to find out."