Coffee Tryst

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"It's true. She's ice cold, babe." Andrew, one of the other baristas commented as he passed them by. The girls laughed.

"Now that you've decided to stay, you can learn all about it. Since everyone makes it a point to bully me here." Lillian joked.

"Well don't mind if I do," Sofia chuckled, "and now that we're actually working on the same shifts, I guess we'll be seeing more of each other now. We hardly see each other at school. But you live in the dorms, right?"

"Yeah, don't you?" Lillian questioned.

"Nah, it's way too expensive. I live on my own. Special exception." Sofia winked.

Lillian let out a throaty chuckle, perking Sofia's ears and causing her to tilt her head as if to ask her why she was laughing. "Sorry, it's just, all this time and we're just now finding out about things about each other. It's funny."

Sofia grinned as she thought about it. "Yeah, well, better late than never they usually say, right? Besides, I like finding out new stuff about you. You're so mysterious, after all. Gives me something to make of you, you know?"

"Mysterious? I think you mean boring." Lillian dismissed playfully. "There's not much to know aside from what you already see. I'm honestly just a hermit."

Sofia let out a howl of a laugh, "oh c'mon, people who outright say they're boring can't definitely be boring. But I guess we won't find out till you come out with us to celebrate my friends graduation. You remember, right?"

A pause settled between the girls as Lillian lifted her gaze on Sofia and let it remain there; unwavering and daring. "I remember. And I'll be there." She grinned.

Sofia couldn't put a finger on it, but she could sense a newfound side to Lillian, one that she didn't want to misinterpret but couldn't get out of her mind as anything else otherwise. The way she said that, she thought Lillian was flirting with her, but she wasn't, wasn't she? She couldn't have been. Why did her mind always go back to that? Maybe they really were getting more comfortable with each other, and this new side to Lillian was simply her true self. Sofia kicked herself; annoyed at herself for being so conceited - always thinking everyone was into her.

Six days later, The Green Goblet was a full house. The senior friend of Sofia's was graduating in the coming weeks, and so in celebration, his friends had decided to throw him a farewell party full of drinks and good food. She and some of her friends were in the same hiking club as him and that's how they all met. Taking a sip of her beer, Sofia laughed along with all their mutual friends as she sat in a random booth. Bickering and boisterous cackling deafened the crowded bar even as music played on the speakers.

Sofia checked her phone: 9:47 pm. It'd been over an hour since the meet-up yet Lillian was nowhere to be seen. She bit her lip and decided she'd phone her. Maybe she got the address wrong. But when she went to call her she immediately stopped, realizing that she didn't even have her number. Crap, she thought. Just then, someone entered the bar.

Sofia's eyes roamed over the heads of the other patrons and fell on a lone Lillian looking around the bar. She couldn't tell if the expression on her face was that of anxiousness, or if the girl was merely surveying. But what she could tell, even from across the room, was that Lillian was packing more than she ever revealed at work or school. She was wearing a gray cropped tank top that clung tightly to her upper body; exposing her taut belly and striking collar bones. Over it, she wore a thin and soft looking deep green cardigan and high waisted jeans so tight around her thighs, Sofia could practically imagine her naked if she wanted to. A flush of heat rose in her face and she shook her head. 'What the hell was that?' She cursed inwardly. She did not want to imagine that at all. She kicked the incredulous thought away and blamed it on the alcohol.

Lillian had to admit, she might've been a little bold with the top, but she didn't really go to bars that much enough to know how to dress for the occasion. So, she'd just chosen what she reasoned was the most appropriate outfit for an "outing." That, along with the insane amount of traffic in the downtown area she'd just escaped from, had inadvertently caused her to be late. She gazed over the crowd of people in the bar to find Sofia. Although she knew they weren't close friends or anything, she was the only one she knew here, so searching for her was number one priority.

It didn't take long. Lillian set her dark eyes on the blonde just a few feet away who'd caught her eyes at the same time and was heading her way. Naturally, Lillian's gaze dipped down over Sofia's outfit. The girl had her hair down again; wild and wavy and gorgeous as it fluttered around her shoulders. On her neck sat a cute black chocker with a moon shaped crystal dangling at the front. And as Lillian's eyes traveled, she studied the maroon mid sleeve shirt Sofia had tucked in a deep navy blue skirt above sheer black stockings. The shirt fit her frame sharply, Lillian noted, pronouncing the girls breasts and flat stomach.

"And I thought you were gonna flake out last minute," Sofia said as she finally neared the girl. Even with her heels on, Lillian still stood inches taller.

"I almost did, I'm not gonna lie," Lillian laughed, causing Sofia to smack her playfully at the admission, "but it would've been rude since you guys invited me. Sorry I'm late."

"No worries, the traffic down here can be crazy. And the party's just started, to be honest. C'mon, let me introduce you to some people. And here," Sofia paused, putting a beer in Lillian's open hand, "because you're late, you're gonna have to catch up." She finished with a wink.

The night was endless. Lillian spent most of it going with the motions, and since Sofia's friends talked up a storm, she didn't have to worry about keeping up a conversation. Sofia stayed by her most of the night, occasionally bouncing around the bar here and there, but in the end, every time, she'd find a spot near the brunette and they'd talk amongst the noise.

They found they shared a lot of similarities and good values. And even in their differences, they were fascinated. Lillian was an only child in an already small family, so she was long acquainted with her independence and hardworking nature. That being said, she was never out of sight of her doting parents. Even now, every two weeks, she had to give them a call as per their wish.

Sofia, on the other hand, was like a free bird. She had many brothers and sisters. Three older brothers and two younger sisters to be exact; leaving her smack dab in the middle. With so many of them running around, her parents could never keep a close eye on all of them. So, she had a lot of wiggle room growing up as kids with her siblings, but at the same time, it was like war having to prove herself amongst the rest of them. It was by her sheer will and several attempts at persuasion that she was even able to attend the school she was going to now. Her parents wanted her to get in line with her brothers at their school.

The girls talked about that too. Their education and passions. Having no siblings, Lillian past the time as a child up in the clouds in her head. She never went all the way into cooking up an imaginary friend, but she often brewed stories in her imagination. Though whimsical they were when she was young, now, they were a part of who she was and the only thing she wanted to do in life.

Sofia's story was shorter. She liked to help people and knew that at a very young age. It gave her the greatest satisfaction helping those in need. There was nothing more and nothing less to it.

In the end, they envied a lot about each other and saw each other in a new light. In the midst of all the drinks though, they were bound to forget most of their talks by sunlight.

Sofia had become, admittedly, a little more than tipsy by the time she realized it. By midnight, she'd lost track of her friends in the bar and had to take a massive piss. Lillian - she couldn't remember where she'd last went off. Lillian was somewhere, but first, she needed to pee really bad. When she finally came out of the restroom, which was situated down a long hallway that it shared with the exit, she felt a little better. Less hot, less dizzy, more sensitive. She began to walk back to the heart of the bar when suddenly, a breeze spilled over her shoulder. She clutched her arms together and spun around as the doors to the exit opened and then closed; Lillian stumbled back in.

"Lillian? Where'd you run off to?" Sofia tried not to slur.

"Just needed to catch my breath. This really isn't my thing, try as I might. Bars and clubs, I mean. Lots of people in the same room." Lillian sheepishly smiled. She opened her eyes, crinkled from her smile, and looked at the shorter girl before her. Sofia's cheeks were flushed and the skin of her neck and temples glistened with trickles of sweat. The usual brightness of her pale green eyes now seemed sleepy and glossy the more Lillian stared at her, and her slightly smudged lips looked strangely wet, as if she'd perhaps gargled some water. She looked so...

Lillian closed her eyes and breathed in. If she finished that thought, she wondered if she'd cross a line. It'd prickled her mind ever since she met the girl. The possibilities and opportunities. To be confronted by these thoughts so bluntly was a first for Lillian, and with a head full of liquor and peanuts, she wasn't sure if the desire she harbored inside her would be able to stay quiet any longer. It was an incredibly risky thing, but looking at Sofia now, she found herself playing with the idea - with the fire so close between her fingertips.

"You have a smoke?" Sofia's voice broke through Lillian's line of thought.

"No. No, I don't smoke. Smokings bad for you, you know?" Lillian eyed her.

"Ah, sorry. I just thought because you were outside. Usually people go out to smoke." Sofia rambled.

"I wasn't lying when I said I had to take a breather," Lillian softly grinned, "I didn't know you were a smoker? You never take any smoke breaks at work."

"Oh, you know. I only do it sometimes. When I'm stressed or...or...nervous."

"And are you nervous, right now?" Lillian lingered on the word. Nervous.

Sofia glanced up to see a strange expression on Lillian's face. She couldn't make out the intent or mood she saw there, but she thought she saw a slight smirk. Or the eyes of a knowing look. "N-No..." She said at first, "...yes?"

"And why would you be nervous?" The more Lillian questioned Sofia, the closer she moved herself. They were so close now, that the breathes exhaled between them warmed each other's lips and tingled their cheeks.

Sofia fumbled with her words, unsure of why she'd just admitted that. "I-I don't know. I'm not nervous. I think I'm just tired. Or drunk." She stared hard on the ground, refusing to look at the girl so near her.

Lillian couldn't take it anymore. She put a finger under Sofia's chin and softly lifted her head; forcing the girl to meet her eyes. Instantly, the air around them seized and all noise seemed to roll into silence. In their seconds of absolute stillness, Lillian bent her head down low and kissed the blubbering Sofia. It was a slow and exploring kiss. One that tasted and sated a pent up hunger. Lillian's mouth suckled and pulled at Sofia's plump lips - the hand on the girls face now caressed her jaw and down the slope of her throat. And to Sofia's surprise, she began to kiss her back. But only for a moment. A brief millisecond of a moment.

Sofia pulled back in belated shock with a hand to her mouth. A smile of panic and amusement all the same curled her lips. "You're gay." She said more as a declaration than a question. And, to be honest, with a little arrogance at the thought that she was right about her. How Lillian was into her.

Lillian's eyes were still closed as she licked her lips; a satisfied grin careening her face. Then she cocked her head back and against the side of the wall where she opened her dark eyes again on the blonde. "Is it gay to want to kiss somebody?" She merely uttered.

"It is when they're another girl. You're gay and I can't believe you just kissed me." She didn't know what had overcome her, but Sofia felt so goddamn smug at that moment, and she couldn't help the strange giddiness that bubbled up inside her.

"Gay or straight. I don't really know what I am. I just know that I've been wanting to do that for awhile now." Lillian couldn't help herself. She didn't care to admit it. She felt she was floating, so high in the pleasure that she couldn't control what she said or did anymore. Raising her hand, she slid it up Sofia's arm where she played with the ends of her hair. Then she let her fingers comb through the silk until she cupped the back of her head at the base of her neck. Again, her eyes were drawn to Sofia's lips, and in silent admission, the girls opened their mouths for each other once more.

Lillian stuck out a sly tongue, which surprised the smaller girl. But even so, the heat of their bodies and the slick softness of their kisses murmured for her mouth to accept the deft tongue, and accept she did. In the corner of the hallway, dimmed in the background of the bar, the girls kissed and suckled until their lips ached and sore.

"Lill...Lilli...Lillian!" Andrew shouted; startling Lillian back to reality. They were at the coffee shop, and now that Lillian wasn't in her head, she remembered they were on break. She turned to the tall and lanky red-head and apologized. "The hell happened? You alright?" He asked.

"Yeah, yeah I'm fine. Just spaced out." Lillian tried to cover.

"Well, anyways," Andrew continued, satisfied enough with her excuse, "did you hear what I said?"

"Uhh, that your boyfriend's being a dick, again?"

"First of all, yes he is. Second of all, that's not what I said." Andrew sassed, giving Lillian the stink-eye. She chuckled sheepishly.

"Sorry, sorry. What did you say?"

He cleared his throat and stood up straight again, "I said, Sofia is such a slut."

Lillian peered at him in confused amusement and almost choked. If somebody else had heard him, they would've thought him a gossiping prick. Andrew was indeed a gossiper and also a prick, so, well, they would've thought right. But, in this case, it was okay because Sofia and Andrew were friends. They'd clicked instantly the day she came on the crew. So, subsequently, everything they said about each other was always tinted with cutthroat sarcasm and brutal humor, and hearing that come out of his mouth so randomly had definitely tickled Lillian.

"And why is she a slut?" Lillian tried to stifle her laughter.

"Didn't you see her? She was all over that group of college kids earlier. Got them to buy off the higher priced menu with her tits and ass, that cheating skank." Andrew scoffed.

Lillian let out a low chuckle. "You're just mad she got more up-sales than you, today. And second of all, you've got no room to talk, you man-whore. You're lucky your boyfriend isn't ever around to hear the things you say whenever those church twinks come holier than thou every Sunday. They'd damn you to hell."

Andrew just shrugged with a smug smirk on his face. "It's the slick-backed hair and gaudy bow ties. They rile me up. They don't even know what they're missing out on in life. Ugh, the things I would do to those boys."

Lillian shook her head, resting her case.

It'd been four weeks since the little incident at the bar. A lot of things had transgressed between Sofia and her since then - a lot of rules especially. That night, nothing else happened. No one slept the night and no one slept with anyone. They'd made out and maybe gotten a little handsy, but after that, they spent the rest of the night ignoring each other and then going their separate ways at the end. It was only after an interception at the campus library did Sofia catch up with Lillian and finally cough up a proposal.

It took her awhile to admit it out loud and say it to Lillian's face, but she wanted more of whatever it was Lillian wanted. To be perfectly honest, Lillian had thought she'd blown her chance and that Sofia was never going to speak to her again, so her being so inclined on her own was more than she could've dreamed of. The blonde had her cornered towards the back of the library, blocking her from all exits of the aisle. She'd come out of nowhere, surprising the hell out of Lillian.

"Do you like me?" Was the first thing that came out of the blondes pert and round mouth.

Lillian froze in thought and at the suddenness of the question. Frankly speaking... "sure," she uttered.

"I mean, like, do you want to date me?" Sofia rephrased.

Now Lillian had to really think. "Um, is that supposed to be a trick question? You gonna throw a lovers fit if I say no?"

"No, I'm not. You don't want to date. Good. Look, I'm just gonna cut to the chase, okay? That night...was nice. But, I've never been with another woman. I'm not a lesbian. And I probably won't ever be. What I'm saying is, if you want, we can...do that again." God, why was it so hard for her to say it? She was practically stuttering. Sophia wasn't a prude concerning sex and the lingo, yet, it was like chewing on shards of glass for her to just say she wanted to fuck Lillian. Ever since that night, she couldn't stop thinking about the girls hot mouth.

Lillian's eyes widened like saucers. It was true. Deep down, when she really thought about it and how she felt, she wasn't interested in dating Sofia. She'd never been in a relationship with a woman, let alone done anything with one, but she wanted to do things to Sofia. To her soft and slender body and pink lips. She chided herself, realizing that what she felt was lust for the blonde girl. Yet, to her disbelief, Sofia felt the same way. She tried to suppress the smirk that threatened to curl her lips. If Sofia saw it, she'd probably reconsider out of embarrassment. "Are you saying you want to be friends...with benefits?"

"Is that not what you made clear that night? I'm just giving you a response to your confession. So, what's it gonna be?" Sofia's green jewels of eyes stared deep into Lillian's own; waiting for her answer and wanting it now. Lillian could see anxious anticipation in them as she mulled the idea over. And then, she thought about how they would look like staring up at her while the little blonde begged underneath her.

"No strings attached?" Lillian questioned.

"Well, that's kind of the whole point of being friends with benefits, right?" Sofia slyly grinned. She could see Lillian thinking about it, and then the brunette smiled and drew a slender finger down Sofia's stomach. They were so close to each other that no one would've seen the little gesture, but even so, Sofia's skin felt electrified and her nerves bogged down on her.

Lillian leered at that tight stomach below her as she spoke. "I'd like...to do that again, too."

And then Sofia pulled away. Away from Lillian's probing finger. The brunette finally looked up to see the most seductive expression on Sofia's face as she backed away.

"No strings, got it?" The blonde practically whispered.

"No strings." Lillian confirmed.

That had been over three weeks ago. Incidentally, she'd forgotten to ask her if she was currently in a relationship. After everything, she would've thought that to be the first thing to ask her. As it stood, Lillian knew absolutely nothing about the girl. Well, that wasn't entirely true. She remembered their conversations at the bar, although vague, and smiled at the chemistry they shared that night. Just what did she get herself into, she wondered. "Hey Andrew, is Sofia dating anyone?"

Andrew shook his head. "Not right now. She broke up with her boyfriend a few months ago. Found him sleeping with some 54 year old woman. Apparently his moms bingo friend. But, it's not like she'll have any trouble moving on with some new guy. You should hear the stories she tells, Lillian. That girl gets around."