Come Into My Arms Jack Pt. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I know. I was only teasing. I think with you of all people he wouldn't mind if he found it we were at it again."

"He's my mate Mary, and so are you. I wouldn't want to risk a bust-up. Any way, you should be pregnant."

Mary beamed. "As it happens..."

"Oh Mary, how wonderful."

"We have decided to ask you to be her godfather but wait until the pregnancy party to be told that."

"Oh you'll be so happy. Will you sell your clothing store?"

"No mum will take over while I'm out of action for a couple of months. It will be winter, an excellent time to be heavily pregnant and the store not being too busy. Where can I drop you off?"

"The Homestead."

"Oh God, it's your first night there isn't it. Listen, I have a big casserole cooking so Ross and I will grab that and come over. Okay."

"I'd like that very much. Thank you dear Mary."

At 11:06 Jack called.

"Hi Jack, I thought you may have forgotten me."

"Forgotten you? Let me see. Green eyes, dark wavy hair that you keep brushing back with your left hand, a wide silver ring on the middle finger of that hand. The ear-rings are usually the droopy type, the skin is olive and almost blemish-free and enhanced by a dimple on the left-hand side of the mouth and well spaced and very white teeth."

"I cannot believe this. You haven't had much time to observe. Please continue."

The cutest of well-shaped breasts and I'm hoping to find they are topped by great nipples. The slightest of rounded tummies with the waist small enough to provide great hip flare. The thighs are slightly thickish, but very powerful and from the knees down the legs become very shapely and the feet are small enough to grace high-fashion shoes. The ass shows great curves. The pussy... I've given that considerable thought and when playing with my dick I imagine pouting lips..."

"Jack, should you be talking to me like this?"

"When playing with my dick I imagine pouting lips without any sign of hair until a neat little patch just above the pubic bone. I imagine the slit is not used for its secondary function a great deal but thanks to hereditary factors it is long and can stretch to receive me comfortably."

Jack waited for a retort but only heard heavy breathing.

"Good night sweet one."

"Good night Jack."

He wasn't dismayed their conversation was short. What interested him was her personalized farewell was delivered by a voice thick with emotion.

Jack took his erection in hand and spoke to it kindly: "Patience buddy."

In the morning Jack awoke feeling athletic. He placed his white shirt, white shorts, socks and sneakers plus his captain's hat into a back pack and wearing just blue shorts and sneakers without socks ran the three miles to the ferry a rapid pace and was in the gallery cooking bacon, eggs and hash browns for three when Digger arrived, dressed and hair slicked down.

"Oh, that's an advantage having Megan fucking you," Jack grinned. "She makes you shower."

"Up to three fucking showers a day, Digger groaned. "I'm beginning to feel clean and unhealthy."

They had a crew change at the early afternoon sailing catering for early returning shoppers and tourists just onboard for the voyage down the harbor and out into the island-studded gulf and for a close view of volcanic Rangitoto Island that last erupted some six hundred years ago.

Jack went ashore on the city side and walked the short distance to his apartment. He called Cathy who was in the middle of conducting a lab class but she had time to say she would be returning home on the 6:15 sailing. Jack went to a SUV reseller's yard and purchased a small red soft-top Suzuki diesel and called the freight ferry company and was told they could drop it off on to his wharf on their sailing to Waiheke island later that afternoon. Jack persuaded the SUV company to deliver the vehicle out to Half Moon Bay in time for the ferry sailing for fifty bucks which probably would have been the cost of him paying a cab back from there to the city centre.

He met Cathy just after 6:00 and handed her a big bunch of flowers, which pleased her enough to kiss Jack softly. "You are a naughty devil Jack. I fancy myself of being oblivious to seducers but you are becoming a bit of a problem for me."

"Should I disappear?"

"Oh God no," she gasped, looking wide-eyed.

They boarded and went up into the wheelhouse and sat on two of the three swivel seats.

"Wine, beer, a spirits mix, spring water, tea or coffee?"

"Dry white please Jack."

He phoned the order through to the bargirl on duty on the top deck plus coffee for Bruce Harding. Bruce entered the wheelhouse and Jack found he and Cathy already knew each other as they'd attended school together on the island -- a few classes behind Jack. Bruce pointed out five years apart actually.

"Brenda cannot serve alcohol until we are out into the main channel of the harbor," Jack explained, "but she'll bring our wine through a couple of minutes before she opens the bar.

Cathy had a lovely time, drinking a dry Riesling from the Hawkes Bay, and having Jack point out features of the harbor she'd never been aware of despite being on a great many trips during her twenty-five years. "My knowledge lies in what's under the sea while yours is in what lies above it."

"And that's where we prefer our knowledge to rest -- above the surface, eh Bruce? The two seafarers laughed and Cathy joined in when she understanding the joke.

As they came towards the wharf at under four knots before Bruce reversed the thrust Jack noticed with satisfaction his vehicle on the wharf. The freight people ran an efficient service that never failed to impress him.

"May I give you a lift home Cathy?"

"You don't have a vehicle but I have my bicycle. You can pedal and I'll sit on the carrier."

"There's my new vehicle, showing a wee bit of age and high mileage but it seems right for the island."

"Oh it's perfect, Jack. So cute. May I drive?"

They'd driven a mile before turning back to pick up Cathy's bike.

"Do you want to come in? Mum will be home because she and Digger were on early shift; he may be here."

"If you don't mind I'll tootle off home. There's so much work to do there I don't know where to start. Come to dinner tomorrow. I'll buy fish and chips after you have completed your consultancy.

"I won't be staying Jack."

"That's understood. You'll know when it's time to drop your standards."

Cathy laughed and called him an oddball. "One minutes you appear to be all over me panting and at other times you seem capable of acting the gentleman.

"That's simple to explain. I'm confused about what I am."

Cathy smiled and shook her head. "Thank you for these flowers. It's rare for anyone to give me flowers."

"What about Duncan Fisher?"

"He may have been thinking about it but now it's irrelevant. He's dropped off my social list. We had a row over you. He's sure you have been fucking me."

"Damn," said Jack staring at Cathy, licking his lips. She colored and looked away: "Naughty boy Jack. Where has the gentleman gone?"

"My apologies Cathy. My excitement sometimes overcomes me."

This time Cathy blushed. "I'll see you tomorrow evening."

"Yes, I'll be bringing you home."

"I look forward to that. Would you like a sweet kiss?"

"Thank you. I'd really enjoy that."

"Please help yourself and try not to be naughty Jack."

Jack thought about that sweet kiss as he drove home but as The Homestead came into view on the rise he sighed, thinking of all the finishing work that lay ahead of him.

An hour later he took a call from Cathy.

"Hi, it's Cathy. I have something to tell you. Look Jack, I'm sorry but Duncan has been talking to me for the past hour. He was here when I arrived home. I'm sorry but I've decided to give him another chance. I hope I haven't upset you Jack but the truth is I rather think you are too robust for me."

"Okay, that's fine Cathy. Life is all about making the correct decisions and I want you to decide what's best for you. Be careful with your decision over Duncan Cathy. Just don't rush into it, that's all I have to say. All the best and always talk to me on the ferry or wharf and always hitch a ride if it's raining and you are cycling. Bye Cathy."

"Bye Jack."

Damn, thought Jack. He called Mary.

"Hi Lambie."

"God, no one has called me that in years. What do you want Jack?"

"Your sister Pat is her husband home yet?"

"Why don't you ask her yourself? She's here."

"Hello Jack, how can I help?"

"Er, I'm seeking company and wondered if your husband is home yet?"

"I don't think he even knows you Jack so why do you think he'd go out with you?"

"You idiot I meant you."

"Oh," Pat laughed teasingly. He arrives home Friday. I'll drop around in a few minutes."

"Yeah, but pick me up and we'll go to the pub. I want to talk as well. Talk first and then fuck, eh?"

"You're my boy Jack. My two favorite past-times packaged into one. Mary is whispering to me to do what you want. Do you know she still carries the hots for you? Wow her coffee cup almost caught me between the eyes but I managed to catch it one-handed. If I get out of this alive I'll see you in ten minutes."

After Pat had gone home Jack went for a long walk in moonlight over the thirty-eight acres that went with The Homestead thinking it was for the best that Cathy had not engaged with him. He didn't know about him being too robust but she was too tentative and probably would have controlled the times when they had sexual activity and cooled down the heat somewhat. That would not have gone down well.

There was no problem really: the island was over-run with hot pussy but more often than not someone else was invading it with greater entitlement to visitation rights than he could claim. Short-term pussy was okay but on-demand pussy was the caper. Jack filtered through his mind the names of fourteen or fifteen women he'd encountered over the past eighteen months and that list had included some A-class women with one standout. Like some of the others she was married, of course. The greatest disappointment had been the Boston Babe, Cassia Holland. She seemed to be perfect in every way only to be a disappointment when it became shove and grunt and that's when she somersaulted from potential star to big flop...being told how to fuck is not funny.

There were times to cry and times to laugh, times to kick butt and times to yell 'Hallelujah". It was 11:15 and he was on a cliff top looking down to his private sheltered bay that sadly was without sand, the warm air off the sea ruffling his polo shirt when the hallelujah call came, although he didn't realize it at the time.

A married woman of more than passing interest called. "Hi Jack, it's Faye."

"Beautiful Faye with the best knockers I've ever had in my hands."

He heard the stifled giggle.

"I'm calling from the bedroom Jack, but fortunately Trevor can't hear, at least I don't think he can hear because he's practically snoring with an overload of booze in his pot belly."

"Sorry."

"That's okay, just be careful with your flamboyant comments until you've checked the coast is clear."

"Flamboyant?"

"Yes, it means..."

"I know what the word means but how did that word plunge into our conversation/"

"No one says things to me with the excitement you inject Jack. But let's move on, shall we? This is a business call. I have been on the phone for several hours with my father over the past couple of days and he's flying in from Aussie on Friday. We want to talk to your over dinner on Friday Jack. Alas my shadow has also been invited."

"Okay, but what's up?"

"Friday at 9:00 at the Oriental Garden Restaurant if that's that suitable?"

"Yes."

"Good. Dress is smart casual. My brother will also be joining us."

"Understood."

"Goodnight Jack.

What the fuck was that all about? Jack thought, shaking his head. He guessed of course. If it had been something of little significance Faye would have told him. She was under orders not to tell him. Chairman of the boat-building company Fred Davey would explain everything. That suggested to Jack there was a cog missing and Fred and/or Faye reckoned Jack Garland was the cog to make the right fit.

Well, what could they offer him than what was better than he had now? He had his new ferry and his new home. Everything was sweet. He now had time to look for a wife and put a couple of kids into that house and by then it would be time to add another ferry to take care of island passenger growth. He was a little annoyed that Trevor would be there as he and Faye could have... ah, oh well, he had to concede she was married to the guy.

* * *

On Friday Jack went to the Oriental Garden Restaurant for his free meal and to happily listen to some of Fred's yarns. Old Fred, who'd turned seventy recently, and his wife Kate had Faye ten years after Gavin and no one was more surprised than Kate, finding herself pregnant at the age of forty-three. Fred was one of those great characters who emerge from families who have been around boats for several generations.

Gavin had been a big disappointment to Fred. He lacked Fred's drive and business acumen. But Gavin was artistic and had qualified as a boat designer, not that he designed many of the output through the yard as owners these days tend to arrive with plans. Gavin's strength was his ability to read and digest plans, identify problems before they emerged and have them sorted to keep construction on schedule. He could walk through a hull being built and point to a potential weakness, strengthen topside attachments and points of possible impact in collusions with other craft or being slammed against a refueling jetty in high wind or pushed by another craft. Gavin also was expert in designing and supervising repairs and leading a big money-spinner for the yard: designing renovations and upgrades.

Faye had worked up through admin roles in the company, collecting a degree in business management along the way through part-time study and was now general manager with responsibilities for coordinating the three divisions of new business (including refits), boat building and administration.

Gavin was alone at the table. He greeted Jack with considerable charm as he was that kind of guy... friendly and non-competitive but as Jack knew in dealing with him over the eleven months LH-2 was at the yard as a project Gavin pulled his weight and was respected by the yard workforce. They had just sipped their first taste of beer when Fred arrived with Faye and Trevor and Fred greeted Jack like a long-lost friend. Trevor had the appearance of a man who wished he was somewhere else but when the first of his extra-strength beers arrived he looked happier.

They were chatting away about boating, the weather and fishing when there was a brief lull and Fred said to Jack without any preamble: "We want you to sell out of your company and buy into ours."

Boom-boom.

Well, Jack had thought nothing that would be said would surprise him but now he'd been almost blown out of the water.

"That sounds interesting," he managed.

Fred said without smiling: "You always were a cool bastard."

"Do I punch your lights out for insulting me or accept that as a compliment Fred?"

"It would be safer for you to take that as a compliment," Fred grinned. He'd been a barroom scrapper of note before bars began to be fitted with carpet, curtains and pretty lighting and women who were not prostitutes began drinking in such more refined establishments.

"What, running out of capital?"

"Not a bad guess but no, we have to relocate. Our lease will not be renewed and it has four years to run. We want your rocky bay."

Faye said, "We've done our homework Jack by helicopter surveying and by launch taking depth soundings. You bay is our best bet. It looks so great that it's now time to talk, seriously if you are inclined towards entering exploratory talks."

"Why would I give up my currently comfortable ferry-owning life for the ups and downs of boat-building?"

"Faye?" Fred said.

"Because you are too young and too full of life to sit around playing a navel-gazing ferryman," Faye smiled.

Their meal began arriving in a succession of dishes. Faye ordered two bottles of a strong Gewürztraminer and a Johannesburg Riesling and an Australian Merlot. "Each one of these wines is appropriate for the dishes we have ordered, plus beer," she said. "Ask me if you require advice."

After the dishes were taken away and coffee was served, the business discussion resumed although Trevor had gone over to sit at the bar with two older women.

"Tell Jack more, dad."

"Okay Faye. The bay is large enough for a boatyard and deep enough for most launchings on high tide. We could not be permitted to blast a channel but could easily load deeper draft vessels on to heavy barges and tow them out into deeper water and unload them by heavy-lift barge crane. This is done all over the world."

"You see it is feasible, Jack," Faye said anxiously.

"Yes no questions about that," said Jack. "But what about approvals?"

"The Resource Management Act, community support and Community Board recommendations in support to the Auckland City Council and also the Auckland Regional Council are all required," Fred said. "That sounds a pretty formidable sandwich to chew but we will engage professionals to manage the PR. The pivotal point to making this all work is you Jack."

"I was rather gaining that impression. There is the cost of developing to high standard a quarter mile of road from the end of the present road to the boat-building site which would be a huge price ticket, but I would imagine you see me recovering that cost by selling off some of my acreage to off-set the cost""

"Yes Jack," said Faye." My enquiries indicate that if you sold twenty acres to a developer that company would pay the total cost of the roadway extension."

"I see, so I'd be reduced to small acreage but I would suspect that a trade off in dedicating land to one of the councils would facilitate approval of the boat-building installation?"

Fred and Faye exchanged glances. "We weren't smart enough to figure that out Jack but yes, that would be a positive advance according to our development consultant... a trade-off oils the wheels. The acreage from the top of the ridge down to the water facing the city and dedicated to the Auckland Regional Council would provide fifty percent of the green belt look it wants incoming tourists to see as they approach Wakefield Island.

"I dedicate the land but receive no cash in return for the council steam-rolling approval of the boatyard development against public opposition?"

"Correct," Fred said. "But our company compensates you by taking into account the current value of that land if you buy into our company as a fifty percent partner which would of course require a cash payment as well."

"How much all up?"

"We have had our business valued irrespective of where it is located," Faye said. "We have then had the costs of development and relocation to your bay and the costs of operating from there and all of that debt spread to be written off over ten years and the operating costs and profitability of the company calculated as continuing at trends established over the past ten years."

"The figures are rough estimates at this stage," Fred said. "But based on current estimates, it would appear for you to purchase a forty-nine percent stake in the company, which is what we propose, would cost you $3,700,000 with the company paying you approximately $1,200,000 for land required and riparian rights at the bay, which is fifty percent of current value plus $1,100,000 as payment as its share of land to be dedicated to the ARC. That would mean you would need to pay the company $1,400,000 for your forty-nine percent stockholding plus $1,500,000 capital injection into the company with the family also injection cash of $1,500,000 to cover re-establishment costs and to finance a resumption into boatyard constructions."