All Comments on 'Corporate Family Dinner Ch. 04'

by justbobkc

Sort by:
  • 37 Comments
LordSlamdawggLordSlamdawggabout 8 years ago
Definitely inspired and insightful stretches of narrative rising to top

Kudos to justbobkc for pulling off convincing female POV even if transitions from Bob to Eileen are herky-jerky at initial read through. With each installment, the conflict accrues tension and main characters gain focus . Business subplots with both husband and wife are deftly intertwined with current carnality clash . Full marks. *****

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
well the severely mentally ill Elaine is gradually realizing how sick she is

and hubby plays small time games as he unravels his own fantasy life of being married. Can you wrap this up in one more chapter even if its longer than 2.125 pages long? You are beating a dead horse here.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I like the direction

But there is no real suspense as her selfishness and stupidity definitely will not allow for anything but total btb... I don't see any maturity in this chapter, only boo hoo why is this happening to poor me? I am truly sorry for the daughter.

TheKrrakTheKrrakabout 8 years ago
Chapter 5 soon?

The other shoe needs to drop soon, the build-up is getting almost too long to get to the conclusion.

Still a good read (if clunky at times) - looking forward to the explosion.

sugnasugnaabout 8 years ago
Like I Said

Get the evidence, divorce her, take the kid away from the whore/bad influence. Live a decent, pleasant life, raise the daughter, find a decent woman (if any exist in this twisted reality) and move on.

Please, please, please, do not pretend that people can change. People only become more of who they really are as they age. They do not go from selfish whores to loving saints. It is not psychologically or biologically possible. Shit is shit and you can't polish a turd.

impo_61impo_61about 8 years ago
He almost had all the evidence as @sugna says...

He almost had all the evidence as @sugna says...She drugged herself, she became a whore over the weekend, she got STD, she soon will have to inform the doctor about her lovers that could have infected her and who she could have infected back, No court in the world would grant her any rights over a minor child...He had everything on his side...so the question: Why wait to divorce? Still well written and 3* for now...

fisheronefisheroneabout 8 years ago
New horizon

In this chapter you see Elaine is mentally unbalanced and I think hormonaly unbalanced. I have a friend she almost to this at 28 but she got her act together medication and some counciling. Elaine needs to write a letter from the heart and ask for help. She also needs to give Bob the car and take his. Then offer to expose this crooked company. Also have know she is seeking mental counciling as well as medical testing. Also ask him can she at least work towards friendship and coparenting. I think Bob should have taken charge sooner and much pain would have been avoided. I would have held her at the party and not let her go. He didn't even really try. I know everyone wants her burned but I think humility and a family are better. Burn the company for a few million and rebuild life with a family.

HarddaysknightHarddaysknightabout 8 years ago
Every now and then

the writer unintentionally drops a really funny line. "my reputation for customer service and straight and fair dealings is impeachable." is one of them. The story is moving slowly and the POV thing is still far from smooth. I will be looking for the next chapter.

dsthom1954dsthom1954about 8 years ago
And Now.....

This story is starting to come together now. Can Bob keep his new set of balls? Can Elaine actually make the change, and keep her husband? Will Sam show the video's from over that weekend? Is Karen simply a flirtatious lady friend? And now, chapter5.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I want to give a 4 for effort but it really deserves a one.

You've put a lot of work into this story but it feels off, like watching a television where the sound isn't synced with the lip movements. No one in any relationship is perfect and yet Bob is portrayed as being the perfect husband, father and employee. Its just not believable. And the effort you've put into making Elaine a perfect bitch is equally off, no one can be that self serving in a marriage and not be called out on it.

Your explanation of marital sex is good but you've missed the mark, usually it's the husband who starts off with the higher libido and is turned down because women need a reason to have sex, men need a place. And if the wife is turning you down its because you're not meeting her emotional needs; but even there you've made her a bitch and Bobs a fucking Saint.

You're a talented writer but no one is always that good or that bad.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Enjoyed it very much, gave you a 5

for effort and content.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Pretty good, reserving judgement on the mark.

She deserves to be BTB'd but I think it would be better if she completed her self analysis and finally came to her senses as to what a selfish cheating bitch she had been. Her trying to rebuild her relationship with Bob at a time he has moved away from her would be very interesting. More so that him just finding someone else and abandoning her. It is always harder and more taxing for a writer to work out a reconciliation than it is just to burn the bitch.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
As with mot observations, it depends on your point of reference.

From my perspective she is mentally and emotionally unsound. But she's also very shallow, unethical, and lacks self-respect. The medical issues might be fixable, but how, and why, should she change her character? The best weekend of her life? She likes what she did, she likes the thrill and excitement of adulterous sex. What she doesn't like are the consequences. So she might struggle to change her behavior, for a while, but this is a souless stupid conniving whore, at heart. She never grew up. She apparently played the good wife charade for as long as she could, but when opportunity and circumstances presented themselves, she let the selfish heartless bitch loose. She might be able to conceal it again, for a while, but it will always be there. Bob married badly. He needs to cut his loses and reinvest his love and his future on a decent woman. That person is not Elaine.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Good story

I think this is excellent work. It gets bogged down in seemingly excessive detail in places, but I just skim those. I see no point in the stuff about Bob meeting other women, and, at least based on what I have seen so far, all the stuff about Karen should have been omitted. Okay, so he eventually meets some other woman. Who cares. But I think you did an excellent job of describing the psychology of sexual dynamics within a marriage. Basically, men want their lady to demonstrate affection and commitment, which she communicates in part by offering sex, and women want security. If a wife stops offering sex, the relationship deteriorates, because the husband perceives it as a lack of love, commitment, and respect. I disagree with the anon who commented "Bob is portrayed as being the perfect husband, father and employee", and suggested the story was unbelievable because Bob was depicted as being saintly, while the wife was depicted as being purely bad. Bob is just depicted as not being excessively wimpy. But he certainly has "feet of clay", such as actually having sex with Susan, instead of throwing her out. The characters are drawn the way they are so there will be something interesting to write about. Anyway, thanks for posting.

Sidney43Sidney43about 8 years ago

An excellent story about real life people. Can't wait for the next chapter.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Sales

She definitely needs to bang the Japanese client to close the big deal. Make her the sales whore for the new company. She'd be good at it. And it's not like her husband is taking her back anyway.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
From a poor start your story is getting better.

This was your best chapter, I'm glad I kept reading ,after a disappointing start.

Rw43Rw43about 8 years ago
Chapters getting better...or at least, less complicated.

For once I agree with a few Anonnys.

Bob is fighting his way back from serious rejection and self-doubt, but please allow him the freedom to be not always perfect. He is a good observer of human interaction, which can make him a natural voyeur or a great wing-man for Ross the magnet.

I could have sworn you got some of Ross' girlfriends' relationships mixed up, but I don't care enough to check.

As Elaine becomes more human and reflective, she becomes a more likeable and sympathetic character, because we realize that she really will be hurt when her destroyed marriage finally collapses.

At the same time, Bob's love is evaporating, though you and he keep procrastinating on the needed confrontation.

Unfortunately your story is still suffering from the foundational flaw discussed earlier, and no matter how many clear and fluid chapters you layer on top, this problem will persist: because of your extremely clunky handling of dialogue, narration and point of view in the early chapters, we the readers have no idea how much Bob knows about Elaine's escapades. Therefore, we cannot empathize with his responses. These later chapters are improving, but they cannot overcome this flaw without revisiting it.

Bob is acting like he knows of all Elaine's over-the-top behavior, while Elaine still thinks he is naive. Did Susan confess all of Elaine's peccadilloes to Bob without the benefit of quotation marks? I had thought the Omniscient narrator was informing the reader of her behavior.

My confusion prevents my enjoyment.

BriteaseBriteaseabout 8 years ago
Enjoyable enough

Nut shouldn't a company starting up in robotics have some sort of engineer on board as well as a sale man and an administrator. Robots don't grow on trees you know. Good story though. Plenty stars.

justbobkcjustbobkcabout 8 years agoAuthor
Amazing comments

Really.

I am into 15 pages of Chapter 5 on my word processor - basically two pages in LIT.

Some things have really been guessed at quite accurately in some of the comments and I have already written them and/or already outlined where the story is headed. Elaine HAS already sold her Infiniti, e.g. :-) And the engineering genius exists but hasn't quite been introduced yet.

I am thinking the next chapter and succeeding one's should be about twice as long now - but that means a little further delay in publishing.

Again, thanks for the many really interesting and inciteful comments now mostly appearing. A, perhaps darker, twist to the story appeared in my mind last night and might offer more surprises to the readers. Maybe. No one is perfect. In real life and in this fantasy life.

bruce22bruce22about 8 years ago
It is interesting

The constant instabilities in the self confidence of Elaine are fascinating and she is becoming more human. Bob does seem to be recovering awfully rapidly from his bad experience

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
My 2 Cents

I think the story is coming into its own now. However it bothers me that the author seems not to have a direction as to where it should go and how long to get it there. He should not be asking directions from the readers. It his story to write and most importantly to finish in a timely manner.

thecarolinadreamerthecarolinadreamerabout 8 years ago
UNDECIDED!

The story line is good--deserves a 4 in my book, however the writing craft is not so hot. I'd call it a 2, so I split the difference and gave you a 3. It's still good enough that you have me hooked, am looking forward to next chapter. Thanks.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
And even

More shit!

overthehillmedicoverthehillmedicabout 8 years ago
Winding down ?

You seem to be far enough into the story to have it come to an end. She is toast will end up pregnant and her male friends are in trouble. STDs a all around. Please do not let it turn into a "xleglover " kind of story. A gaffer all she is a married woman that"does not know what she has till he is gone." Woman. Let him burn the bitch. Keep up the good work. I give you a 4 for now and may get a 5 if you pull this off and don't Hurt our hero

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
I Would Be Afraid

I would not want to work for Mr. Ross if I were married because he would like seduce, or try to seduce her. So, Bob can stay with Ross if he does not reconcile with Elaine.

ResidentWeavilResidentWeavilabout 8 years ago
Enjoying it but...

I am having a hard time getting over the idea that this company could engage in such blatant sexual harassment for ten years. Every employee whose wife was not taken to the after party as well as those who did would have a likely cause of action. And that is way too many for this be kept a secret and not end up as a class action and EEOC investigation.

There is only so far I can suspend my disbelief and this is running over that limit. You really needed to put in something to explain why the employees would put up with this. I mean, it would only take a couple of employees who felt a promotion was taken from them and given to some other guy with a hot wife, gathering evidence and filing hr and EEOC complaints to cost this company millions.

justbobkcjustbobkcabout 8 years agoAuthor
It's a 5 YEAR FAMILY DINNER.

It only happens ONCE every 5 years in St.Louis - and really just a handful of really bad apple execs in a huge - like 400,000 employee - multi-national company are doing this. And I've actually rewritten that Chap 1 scene with the "chosen" wives AND their husbands all exiting up front with the corporate folks - and then only separated in that much more private space with wives going up and husbands going down at the private elevator bank. Thanks for that criticism and I haven't reposted here but only rewitten on my laptop.

Kay never ever participated with ANY of these asshole execs before. She was just a private swinger who got "lucky" this one time.

I know I am not the best writer but I've seen several comments like this and I guess it's my fault so many people seemed to miss this one key fact that seemed to make the story plausible to me.

Anyway - chapter 5 is submitted and awaiting approval.

chytownchytownabout 8 years ago
Thanks**

For writing.

dc6370dc6370about 8 years ago
I love comeuppance

Cannot wait for the next chapter.

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Still Better

But she STILL just doesn't get it!

“And Bob should have been proud of me for my beauty and attractiveness to other men” – Proud of her ATTRACTIVENESS, yes, but “proud” of her ACTING on that attractiveness? NFW!

And why was she SO sure that he needed her “help” to advance? Didn’t she realize, as he has told us, that “advancing” because of his wife’s corporate whoring would HURT his career?

How could HE do that to HER?! Is she THAT delusional? How could she do THAT to him?

sober71sober71about 8 years ago
Just really enjoying this story

5*'s to each episode, now just tamping at the bit for next episode.

Thanks for a good story well told.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
Slightly less than perfect....but only slightly....

...I have really enjoyed your characterizations and event sequences.

I can't leave this out, though....wifey seems pretty badly self-deluded.

This feature of the offending female in these kinds of stories always subtly disturbs me, because I don't think it is commonly the kind of thinking common to cheating wives. I would understand and believe the " getting ahead" mindset, but the justification in my personal experience was far simpler and...more banal. Yes, she made me the bad guy and then said she deserved better than I gave her.

In my case, I showed her the door and....after the shouting dies down, we both moved on. Me because I was finally free of her and the accompanying bullshit, and her, because she no longer had me to support her pointless existence.

She wasn't out of circulation long (a girl that puts out will never be alone very long), but traded down to a rowdier crowd, ending up being a "pass around" among the warehouse crowd on the bar circuit.

Anyway, thank you, this has been an interesting and mostly realistic-feeling ride. I'm looking forward to the next installment.

sbrooks103sbrooks103about 8 years ago
Re-Reading

“Elaine was really wet” – Ugh! Sloppy seconds!

“I think my reputation for customer service and straight and fair dealings is impeachable.” – That’s “UNimpeachable”!

And I wonder why they don’t want to deal with IMT&R. Think they know about the “Family Dinners”?

AnonymousAnonymousover 7 years ago
Idiotic crap!!! MINUS 5*!!!

Only laughable!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 7 years ago
Trash!!!

Dont read that crap!!! Its only for perverts /cuckolds) or brain sick ones!!!

Ocker51Ocker51almost 5 years ago
End of The Line

I cannot read anymore of this shit, why do all the authors always make the husband so weak and gutless and the wife so stupid. Either way this is just too stupid for me to keep reading⭐️

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous