Could Be Worse

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I ended up going to work after all, and spending most of my time there zoned out. Admittedly, that wasn't terribly unusual for me. I was pretty sure I only got away with it because my supervisor had a thing for me. Some day he was probably going to ask me out and I'd have to do something about it, but until then I might as well take advantage of the situation. Even if it made me kind of a bad person for doing so.

When I got back to Sam's apartment later on, sometime in the early evening, he and Kat were cuddled up on his couch watching tv. They both had satisfied smiles on their faces and their clothing, while all present, had the appearance of having been hastily removed and put back on. I assumed they'd taken the opportunity to have sex while I was still out, and it reminded me that, even if they wouldn't say it, I was intruding on their lives to some extent.

"Want to come watch a movie with us?" Kat asked me, scooting a little closer to Sam and patting the cushion on the other side of her.

I didn't really want to, but I didn't want to come right out and say it. "Think m'gonna have a shower," I mumbled instead, since it seemed like an acceptable excuse.

The shower actually helped, beyond just giving me some privacy. The water cascading down my naked body was fairly relaxing, much more so than the abysmal excuse for a shower that my apartment had contained. I'd never, ever had decent water pressure there.

I retreated to my room afterward, and changed into some old, comfortable clothes, then flopped down on the bed. I was tempted just to stay there for a while, though I wasn't sure what I was going to do as far as entertaining myself. It didn't turn out to be an issue though, since Kat came in and interrupted my brief, self-imposed exile.

"You just hiding from me now?" she asked.

"What? No," I said, even though I kind of was.

"I'm pretty good at reading people most of the time," she said. "You didn't want to join me and Sam, and I don't think you have any real problems with your brother, so there's a decent chance it's me that's bothering you."

I shook my head vehemently. "No, seriously, it's not you. I actually like you so far. I just... I kind of feel like I'm intruding here. Plus I'm not really good at asking for help and, well, being here is a bit weird for me."

"If it makes you feel any better, I'm pretty sure Sam likes being able to help you out. Makes him feel like he's not such a terrible brother."

"He's not a bad brother, he's just...."

"He doesn't know what to do with you," Kat interrupted. "You're very confusing for him."

"How am I confusing?"

Kat sat down beside me and poked me gently in the shoulder. "Because you're a girl, but he can't act the same way around you as he can with any other girl. You're absolutely off-limits romantically speaking. Not even any flirting, and he's big on flirting."

I snorted. "Yeah, I'm sure that's an issue for him. I'm just his little sister, I don't think there's enough money in the world to make him want to flirt with me. Or whatever."

"Well... all I'm gonna say is things are rarely as simple as we like to think they are," she said with an enigmatic smile. "Now come on, come out and watch a movie with us. We ordered pizza and it's going to be here any minute now. You can even pick the movie if you want."

I made another token protest, then let myself be dragged out into the main room where Sam was waiting for us. Kat had been right about the pizza not being much longer to arrive, it was basically only a couple minutes later. I didn't end up picking a different movie and just settled in to watch whatever they were already in the middle of, since I didn't really care one way or the other.

For the first while I felt a bit awkward sitting next to Kat while she snuggled with Sam on her other side. After a while it became less and less of a big deal until I wasn't even thinking about it any more. Eventually I even leaned against Kat a little in an attempt to get comfortable and she put her arm around my shoulder, effectively preventing me from straightening up again. Once I got used to being so close to her, it was actually a pretty nice feeling.

By the end of the movie Kat and I were probably cuddling more than her and Sam were, though I hadn't been consciously aware of how it had happened. There was just something about her that made it easy to relax when I didn't fight it. When Sam got up to put in another dvd, I decided I was happy right where I was, and Kat made no move to get up or shift her position either. I spent the better part of the second movie falling asleep with my head on her shoulder.

Eventually I gave in and decided it was time to go to bed, even though it was kind of early for me. There wasn't much point in trying to force myself to stay up, other than just being stubborn. When I almost fell right back down as soon as I tried to stand up, Kat giggled and got up to help me.

"You're sleepier than I thought," she said. "Let's get you to bed."

"'Kay," I said.

I was tired, but I was also feeling pretty good. I was decidedly unconcerned about anything, up to and including my relative lack of familiarity with Kat. She might as well have been someone I'd known for years the way I leaned on her and let her lead me to my bed. Somewhere in the back of my head I kind of hoped she and Sam would work out, at least for a while. I liked having her around.

"Alright, there you go," she said as I climbed, or more accurately fell, into bed. "Do you need anything else."

"No, don't think so," I said. "Wish you could stay though, you're so comfy to fall asleep on."

If I'd been any more alert, I never would have dared say anything like that. As it was, I wasn't thinking about anything other than rolling over and going to sleep for real.

Kat stood there a moment, looking down at me with an amused expression.

"Well, I could stay," she said. "You're a good cuddler too. Kind of like your brother."

"Mm-hm," I mumbled without really paying attention.

I closed my eyes momentarily, fully expecting Kat to leave once she'd gotten me to bed. However, the shifting of the mattress under her weight clued me in that she wasn't leaving, but rather crawling in beside me. This confused me for a second.

"What ya doing?" I asked.

"You wanted me to stay, didn't you?" Kat said.

"Well, I guess," I said. "But what about Sam? And... whatever?"

"Pretty sure he remembers how to jack off if he really gets desperate," she said.

"S'not really what I meant," I said, blushing slightly and hoping Kat couldn't see it.

Despite my limited protests, I wasn't unhappy to have Kat next to me. I had been sleeping alone for a long time, and that was a habit I didn't exactly mind breaking, even if it was with another girl. It wasn't like it was a sexual thing anyway, it was just nice in a purely platonic way to have that human contact. Plus she was soft and warm and generally much better than curling up with myself for the night.

****

Kat was up before me the next morning, or at least awake before me. I had apparently been hugging her in my sleep, and thereby trapping her in bed until I woke up. She didn't look like she minded though. She had occupied herself by gently playing with my hair and straightening out some of the tangles obtained during the night, somehow without disturbing me.

"Morning sleepy," she said.

"Morning," I said, enjoying the feeling as her fingers continued to run through my hair.

"You make the same sound Sam does when he sleeps, you know that?" she said. "Not quite a snore, but something kind of like it. Only softer."

"Mmph, great. Just what I always wanted to learn about myself."

"Oh don't worry, it's more cute than anything."

I forced myself to roll away from Kat and let her get up if she chose.

"Well as long as it's not just me, I guess it's not so bad," I said.

"You really never heard your brother doing it?" she asked. "Siblings are supposed to jump on things like that and tease one another mercilessly."

"Yeah, well... I guess we never really sleep in the same room so it wouldn't be much of an issue for us."

"What, even when you were younger? That's kind of sad. Not even, like, camping or anything?"

"Um... I don't think so. Why is that sad? Just because our parents never took us camping, that's not a huge deal. I went with friends sometimes anyway."

Kat sat up and stretched, a maneuver that emphasized her physical attributes to an unfair extent for so early in the morning. Her hair wasn't even nearly as much of a mess as it should have been after just waking up. I decided she must have magical early-morning powers.

"I guess it's not all that unusual," she said. "It's just that you and Sam seem like you would have been close when you were younger. Like you would have done things together."

"I dunno, I guess we did sometimes. But the annoying little sister doesn't always get to hang out with her older sibling, you know? It's just how it goes."

"Yeah, I'm aware. I have an older brother too, just like you, only mine's, like, almost six years older than me. I was even more of an annoying little sister than you. We never got to have any relationship outside of forcibly being siblings; there was too much of an age difference growing up for anything else. We were never nearly as close as you and your brother are."

I squirmed uncomfortably. "We're not really as close as you seem to think," I said. "We're just siblings. That's all."

"Oh really. Then why is it as soon as you needed help you went straight to your big brother? And why did he immediately decide you could stay with him? I know you don't know me very well Lily, but I can be quite stubborn when someone won't listen to reason. In this case, that someone is you."

"Whatever," I said, shrugging my shoulders dramatically. "Maybe we're closer than some siblings. It's not a big deal."

Kat's expression changed slightly, and I detected what appeared to be a hint of sadness. "You should just appreciate what you have, that's all. You've could have gotten much worse than Sam for a brother, even if it doesn't seem like it all the time."

"Yeah, I know," I said. "I do love him and everything, even if it doesn't always show."

"Okay, well I guess I should stop meddling then," she said. "I think I'm gonna go see if Sam's up yet, and if not I'll just have to wake him up."

"I feel like I don't want to ask how you plan on doing that."

"That's probably the right call."

Kat slipped out of bed and left the room, presumably heading off to early morning sexy times with my brother. I was a little bit jealous, but I wasn't sure which of them I was actually jealous of. Or for what reason.

I got up shortly after, and padded out into the main room. I was heading toward the kitchen and trying to decide what I wanted for breakfast when I noticed that Sam's bedroom door was open. It seemed a bit weird since I had assumed Kat would have closed it behind her for privacy, but then I realized that maybe I was assuming too much. Maybe Sam had been up already, or maybe I'd misinterpreted Kat's hinting toward early morning sex.

Whatever the case, my curiousity got the better of me and I drifted a little closer to take a peek inside and see what was going on. Surprisingly, despite Kat having left the door open, she was kneeling on the bed beside my brother who appeared to still be asleep. He was mostly covered by his blanket still, so I couldn't really see anything, but Kat's hands definitely seemed to be up to something under the covers. I took that as my cue to turn away before I saw anything I didn't want to see, but Kat spotted me first.

"Hey," she said, then pulled one of her hands out from under the blanket to beckon me toward her. "Want to come watch? He's still sleeping right now, it's really fun sometimes seeing his reaction when he wakes up."

"Um, you mean watch while you jerk off my brother?" I said "That seems kind of weird. And gross."

Kat shrugged. "Yeah, probably. Want to watch anyway?"

"Why are you even asking me that?" I asked, while simultaneously realizing that I hadn't simply left yet like I should have.

"Because I think you're like me and you get tired of being just the 'little sister'. Unlike me, I think you might actually have a chance."

Again I noticed a slight sadness as she spoke, but it disappeared quickly.

"Did something happen with you and your brother?" I asked.

"Yeah, a while ago. Maybe I'll tell you about it sometime. Not now though."

She beckoned me toward her again, and this time I responded, though I wasn't sure why. It still seemed like a bad idea.

As soon as I got close enough, Kat pulled back the blanket that was over my brother and revealed his erect cock, encircled by her slowly moving hand. Strangely it wasn't nearly as weird, or even as gross, a sight as I'd anticipated. If anything, it probably turned me on just a little. It was possible part of that was the fear of knowing Sam could wake up any minute and find me standing there; I'd experienced the same sort of thing a few times in my life when I'd almost been caught masturbating by someone.

"Not so bad, is it?" Kat said softly.

I shook my head, but kept my eyes firmly on the scene before me as I did. Watching Kat jerk my brother off was unnaturally entrancing, and it was actually kind of hot in a 'this is so wrong' sort of way. I stepped a little closer to get a better view, while Kat only smiled encouragingly.

"I shouldn't be watching this," I said, more a statement of fact than an expression of displeasure.

"So what?" Kat said. "Sometimes you just have to do what you want and ignore everyone else's rules." She paused and considered her own words for a moment. "Although, I haven't actually always had great results living by that advice, so maybe you shouldn't be listening to me."

"It's a bit late for that," I said.

Sam was taking a remarkably long time to wake up, I thought. Granted, with me distracting Kat she wasn't really focused on her handjob, and was doing little more than slowly running her hand up and down my brother's cock. I suspected if she'd been putting more effort into it he'd already be awake. Not that I was sure I wanted him to wake up. Ideally I'd leave before that happened, but it was too difficult to make myself turn away.

"You want to try it?" Kat asked me.

I stared in shock for a second, not having even considered that she might suggest something like that. "I don't think so," I said.

"Come on, it's really not that hard," she said, then burst into a short giggling fit. "Okay, that was a poor choice of words."

"He's my brother," I said, as though it wasn't already obvious.

"I know, but you haven't left yet," she said, also pointing out the obvious.

I hesitated, and Kat reached out to pull me even closer to the bed. I sat down automatically and did nothing to stop her from maneuvering my hand toward Sam's cock. It was pretty obviously something I shouldn't have allowed myself to be dragged into, and yet there I was, going along with it as though I had no choice in the matter.

I half expected Sam to wake up as soon as my fingers made contact, but he didn't and I breathed a silent sigh of relief as I was made to grip his extremely hard cock. Kat's hand covered mine for a moment or two while she helped me jerk off my sleeping brother, then left as I began to maintain a rhythm on my own. I couldn't believe what I was doing, or how easy it had been to break one of the bigger, generally unspoken rules of society. There were some things I had always just taken for granted I'd never do, but now I had to consider that maybe some of them were only on that list because I'd never been given the opportunity.

"How is it?" Kat asked softly so as not to interrupt my trance-like state.

"Weird," I said, finding the most appropriate word I could. And it certainly was weird. Not bad necessarily, but definitely strange and confusing on a couple different levels.

"You can go a little faster if you want," she suggested.

"But he'll just wake up."

"He's probably going to anyway. It'll be fine though, he's not gonna mind too much."

I was about to ask how she could possibly know that Sam wasn't going to mind me molesting him in his sleep, when it suddenly became irrelevant. It was only the barest flicker of movement, and I almost missed it at first, but my brother's eyes opened and I was caught with my hand in the cookie jar, so to speak.

For a long moment I remained frozen, maintaining a grip on Sam's cock but not moving even slightly. He stared back at me, keeping nearly as still as I was, which at least was better than him immediately getting pissed and kicking me out I supposed. Kat eventually had to break the stalemate by delicately laying her fingers over mine and guiding me to resume jerking Sam off.

"Morning," Kat chirped, seemingly oblivious to the tension between my brother and I.

"Morning," Sam replied somewhat warily.

"Not a bad way to wake up, huh?" Kat said.

Sam didn't look quite as certain about that, but he also didn't argue the point. In fact, he didn't do much of anything one way or the other. He just kind of let me continue giving him his surprise handjob. His lack of any serious negative reaction at least gave me enough confidence to keep my hand moving semi-automatically when Kat released me again.

I knew enough about getting a guy off to know that it usually wasn't all that difficult. All it took was tightening my grip a little to make Sam groan softly in pleasure and lean his head back. I wasn't certain how far I really wanted to go, and in some ways I hoped Kat would take back over for me, but in the meantime I was kind of enjoying the reaction I was getting out of my brother. Any control I'd ever had over him before had been obtained by much more forceful means; this was something entirely different.

"Told you he wouldn't mind," Kat whispered in my ear. "He seems pretty into it so far."

She was right, there was nothing in my brother's appearance to suggest discomfort or uncertainty, but he also wasn't looking directly at me either. It was possible he just wanted to pretend I was someone other than his little sister; a perfectly understandable reaction as far as I was concerned. At the same time, some part of me hoped he wasn't imagining me as someone else. Jealousy wasn't much of a rational emotion at the best of times, in my experience.

"Do it faster," Kat suggested, once again leaning into my ear so Sam couldn't hear.

I took her advice obediently, speeding up my hand's movement and tightening my fingers again as well. Sam's breathing had become noticeably ragged, and though he still wasn't actively encouraging me, his body language told me more than enough. It screamed for me to continue what I was doing and helped dissuade any lingering thoughts I had of passing him back off to Kat. The last thing I wanted at that moment was for her or anything else to interrupt me.

It turned out I was doing too good a job, however, since well before I expected it, my brother was cumming from my handjob. I let out an embarrassing sort of squeaking noise as his first shot of semen exploded from the erection I was still stroking, though I was sufficiently dedicated to keep jerking him the whole way through. Even if it meant getting some of his cum on my hand for my trouble.

Once I felt Sam's erection finally start to soften I let go and raised my hand to get a better look at it. The backs of my fingers were sticky with my brother's cum, and I couldn't decide whether to be disgusted or turned on at the feeling of it. Probably a little of both when it came down to it.

Kat didn't have nearly the same dilemma as I did, and as I watched she took my wrist and pulled it toward her mouth. With her eyes locked directly onto mine she poked her tongue out and delicately licked some of the cum off my hand. She repeated the motion several times, earning both mine and Sam's undivided attention as she did. I'd never really been into girls, nor felt the need to experiment, but still there was something undeniably hot about the way Kat cleaned me off. I didn't even protest when she sucked one of my fingers into her mouth, though the idea of letting her do it would have weirded me out under just about any other circumstances.