Creating a Redheaded Monster Ch. 02

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

~~~

The next morning extra bright and early (although it was very dark outside at the time), the trio woke to start the day. Mona was given their spare key and already had her bus pass. They all left for the doctor's office. There was a lot of explaining to do, and Scot and Emma were prepared for a dressing-down. They had no idea how much...

The doctor was upset that the couple had engaged in sexual activity with the girl. "This complicates things greatly," he said. It was the expected response. The doctor couldn't believe that Mona, the girl that couldn't communicate, was now acting on the surface like a regular 18 year old. But no matter how much she acted outwardly normal, there was a lot of new damage done to the old damage underneath.

"Mona, could you step outside for a moment please?" the doctor asked.

Mona looked at Scot and Emma. The couple nodded at her. Mona stood up and left the room dejectedly, closing the door behind her.

"That was a very irresponsible thing to do, taking advantage of that fragile young girl's state of mind."

"We didn't mean too. She opened our door and watched us making love. We found her naked in front of our door after pleasuring herself. The next morning she was trying to have sex with Scot before he woke up," Emma said.

"That doesn't explain..." the doctor started saying.

"We realized that the more she thought of her parents making love, the better she felt and the more she could talk," Emma continued.

The doctor sat back and folded his arms.

Scot took a deep breath, knowing they were on a very slippery slope. "We encouraged her to explore her good feelings. Then she kissed Emma and..." Scot said.

"And instead of being responsible and getting away from the situation, you went forward with it," the doctor said. Scot and Emma nodded sadly. "You both became involved with her sexually?" Scot and Emma again nodded at that.

"I can't even begin to explain to you the amount of damage you might have caused that young girl," he said in continued exasperation, flailing his arms in the air as he said it.

The doctor took a moment to calm down and then leaned forward. "If you want to fix this then I need you to tell her to trust me and to do what I say. Can you manage that?"

Emma nodded and Scot said, "We'll do whatever is best for her."

The doctor smiled. "Good. No matter what I'm about to say, try to manage to look like you agree with it." He hit a button on his phone. "Mona, please come back in."

The door slowly opened and Mona's head peered through the crack. "Sit down, please," the doctor said. She reluctantly did. "Mona, we've been talking and think it's in your best interest if you would agree to something."

"What's that?" she asked, afraid of the answer.

"We need you to agree to stay with us here at the center for 30 days." He said this pulling out some paperwork for her to sign.

Mona panicked, looking at Scot and Emma, shaking her head, and barely eeking out the word "No!" Scot and Emma were doing their best to look at the girl encouragingly. But it was very difficult considering how blindsided they were by the request.

"It's for the best," Emma said trying to hold back her tears.

"The doctor thinks that this is the best way for you to get the help you need after everything that's happened," Scot added.

"Yes. It's a voluntary admission but at the end of the 30 days I am sure you'll agree that it will be very helpful to you," said the doctor.

"But I don't want to leave them!" Mona said to the doctor and pointed at Scot and Emma.

"It's only temporary, little red," Scot said.

"Yeah. We and of your things will be there for you when you get out," Emma said taking Mona's hand.

"Why do you want to get rid of me?" Mona asked. "I thought you love me?"

"We do. That's why we want you to do what the doctor asks," Scot said.

"I don't get it..."

"There are things that they can help you with while you stay with them that they won't be able to help otherwise. When you get out you'll be better able to cope with the things that happened to you," Scot said knowing it was right, no matter how difficult it was to say.

"I don't want to!"

"And that's your choice, of course. But if you don't do it, I feel that you'll have a lot of difficulty with the rest of your life. You're going to find it difficult to hold a job, have a relationship, or even raise a child some day," the doctor said.

That struck a chord with Mona. She wanted desperately to be able to do those things. She didn't want anything to get in the way of her happiness with Scot and Emma. She looked at the couple and asked sadly, "Are you sure I should do this?"

"We really are," Scot said.

"Yes," was all Emma could manage. She was fighting back tears that were threatening to explode.

"What do I do?" Mona asked the doctor.

He had her sign the paperwork that he had pulled out and just like that it was done. The doctor told the couple that he would let them know which of her personal items they should bring to the center.

Scot and Emma each hugged Mona separately and then the three of them together. The couple said goodbye and then left Mona in the doctor's care.

By the time they reached the street, Emma was bawling. She stopped and grabbed Scot's arms to turn him into face her. "Are you sure that was the right thing to do?"

"Yes. You heard the doctor. We screwed up royally and hopefully they can set her right."

Emma nodded her understanding, but not her acceptance.

They talked a little more and hugged each other tightly before going to their respective jobs. Scot went off to try to get mostly disinterested kids to pay attention to math, and Emma to her third grade class. She really enjoyed her kids that year, and was excited to get back to it. Well, she was excited before they went to the doctor, but now...

Scot caught himself looking at the desk formerly occupied by the blue eyed redhead, wondering if it was even the same desk she actually sat in. Nah. Eventually he shook it off and tried to forget about it. He couldn't think about it all day if he was going to be at all effective in class.

After work, Scot arrived at the apartment to find he was alone. He sat down and looked at the pile of Mona's things. He was just about to start crying when Emma walked in, breaking down with him.

~~~

Mona was scared being in the facility, and especially being without Scot and Emma. The first day was spent meeting a lot of new people, and she started to shrink back into herself. She didn't know what to make of everything that was going on.

The doctor didn't have her in group therapy right away, knowing that she needed more individual work in the beginning. Besides the grievous error that the couple committed in including Mona in their sexual activities, and of course the obvious issue with her parents' murder, he was concerned with the transfer of dependence onto the young couple. He actually hoped that he could convince Mona to stay longer than 30 days. She was going to need it.

When he sat down with Mona to start discussing her fledgling sexual addiction, he met with a little resistance at first.

"Mona, do you know that it was wrong for Scot and Emma to involve you in their sexual activities?" the doctor asked.

"Wrong? Why?"

"Because you were hurting and they took advantage of that."

Mona became confused. "They... Took advantage? But I... I started it..."

"You thought you started it, but it was really them. They're adults and should have known better than to do that with somebody whose mind was hurting like yours."

Mona's mind was in turmoil. "I'm 18. I'm an adult... I am, right?"

"Yes you are."

"I can't... can't choose like... they can?"

"Yes you can but we need to help you learn how to make better decisions."

"And if I decide... to make love? I decided... but you say... I didn't?"

"No. When you and Scot had sex..."

"Scot and I didn't... have sex..."

"Well, what did you do with him?"

Mona slowly told him in her now broken voice. She ended with, "I'm still... virgin..."

The doctor found at least a little bit of respect for the couple at that point. A little bit is more than none. "I am very happy for that. We're going to that try to help you make sure that the next time you decide to be with someone in that way, that it really is your decision."

All that was going through Mona's head at that point was "doctor's words... confusing."

~~~

Scot and Emma brought the items to the center that the doctor had requested for Mona, but they weren't allowed to see her. They were told that it was for Mona's best interest. That didn't mean they didn't miss the girl.

They put all the rest of Mona's things back into the boxes and put them on her bed. They had to put sheets over the entire mess so that they wouldn't always think about her when seeing it. In fact, they spent most of their time in their bedroom in order to avoid it.

About a week later they finally started to move on. They were getting back into the groove of being alone and especially being alone with each other. About another week later, Scot and Emma were finally acting like a newly engaged couple. They couldn't forget Mona, but they had to live their lives and finally felt happy enough to try to do it.

When Mona's birthday approached, Emma tried to get a hold of the doctor to see if they could visit her. The doctor returned her call later in the day.

"I'm sorry but you know that I've requested no contact while she's here."

"But it's her birthday. Can't we have an exception for that?"

"No. She's making great progress. I don't want to undo what we've done so far."

Emma thought for a moment. "What if we agree to a completely supervised visit and only share some cake with her?"

"I'm afraid not, sorry."

"Will you give her a birthday present or card from us?"

"I will consider it. Bring it by the center."

Scot and Emma thought hard about what to give the girl for her birthday, but the truth was they didn't really know her too well. They hadn't had enough time to get to know what she liked in the short few days they were together. Only one thing seemed to come to mind, and that was her teddy bear.

They went to a store and couldn't find any that they liked. But then they ran across the store in the mall where they could make their own. They found what they thought was the perfect one, but skipped adding a recording inside for fear that it would never be given to her. They found a card to add unsealed to the box that the bear store gave them.

They took it to the center along with a note to the doctor to at least let them know if they did give it to her. A couple of days later the doctor emailed them and told them that the gift was delivered.

When the day approached for Mona to be released from the center, Scot received an email from the doctor asking them to come in and meet with him later that day. Scot quickly agreed and texted Emma the details.

"I've asked you in here today to let you know what is going on with Mona. She's made a lot of progress in the last month, but still has a long way to go," the doctor said.

"That's really wonderful to hear!" Emma said.

Scot was a little more suspicious. "Yes it is. But that's something you could have told us over the phone."

"You're correct. The reason I asked you in here is that she's agreed to extend her stay another 30 days. After the 60 days is up, we've arranged a place for her to live with a roommate."

Scot actually smiled a little at that. Emma did not. "That's great to hear. We have her bed and all of her possessions that were left after her parents died. Let us know where to take her things."

"I don't think you understand. It's more of a safe house. She shouldn't really have contact with you after she gets out. We'll arrange to have her possessions picked up."

Scot's smile disappeared as he fell back against the chair hard. "Shouldn't that be her choice?"

"Of course, but she did agree when she signed on for another 30 days."

"Was she coerced into making that decision?" Scot asked.

"No. Of course she wasn't."

Scot didn't believe him, but it wasn't like he had a choice in the matter anyway. He just nodded and stood, pulling up Emma's near lifeless body alongside him. "Just let us know when you decide to get her things," he said turning towards the door and walking out with Emma.

When they got home, they decided to rent a short term storage locker for Mona's things. They couldn't bear to see them anymore now that they knew she wasn't ever coming home.

~~~

Two months later Scot and Emma were enjoying a movie on a Saturday night. They were just about to go to bed when they heard a knock on the door. They looked up at the clock and saw that it was almost midnight, wondering who could be knocking at that time of night. They also wondered why the person didn't buzz in.

Scot and Emma sat around their apartment in the nude since they had met Mona. So Scot ran to the bathroom and grabbed his robe, quickly throwing it around him. Emma just ran into the bedroom.

Scot opened the door and gasped loudly enough for Emma to hear. "Mona! What are you doing here?" He said energetically.

Emma ran into the living area completely unconcerned with her state of undress. She jumped at the young girl and hugged her tightly, not caring that she was standing in the hallway completely exposed to anyone who might happen to come along. "I'm so happy to see you!"

"Me too! Although I think I'm seeing more of you than you are of me!" Mona giggled.

"Oh, sorry!" Emma said and ran back in to get her own robe.

Scot ushered her in to sit on the couch. Emma quickly joined them in her matching fluffy robe. "I didn't mean to intrude, but it was the first time they would let me get away on my own." She looked away, ashamed of lying to Scot and Emma. "Well, that's not true... They don't know I'm gone."

"They don't let you go wherever you want?" Emma asked.

"They do, but I'm not supposed to come here."

"Oh, I see," Emma said sadly.

"I have a job and I'm trying to get my GED. It would be a lot easier if I had my two favorite tutors, I think," she said smiling feebly at them.

"That's wonderful, Mona! I'm glad to hear things are going well for you!" Scot said ignoring the part about the tutors.

"They're going ok."

Mona paused, tears welling up in her eyes. "You know, you not only saved my life, but you saved the rest of me too. There are very few people that would give someone up to give them a chance at a better life."

Scot and Emma were sharing the tears in the girl's eyes, unable to speak.

"There's no way I can ever repay you for all you've done," Mona reached into her pocket and pulled out an envelope, "but this is a start. I wanted to pay you back for all you did for me."

Emma quickly thrust out her hand to stop Mona. "We didn't do anything hoping you'd pay us back. We did it because we wanted to help you. Please keep your money. You need it more than we do."

Mona was about to say something but both Scot and Emma shook their heads. Scot extended his hand to push Mona's back as well. Mona nodded shyly and put the envelope back in her pocket.

"I have plenty of money actually. It turns out that Mom and Dad left me a couple of life insurance policies."

"That's awesome! You can start a new life!" Scot said.

Mona nodded, not really wanting to do that. But she knew that the doctors at the center were giving her little choice in the matter.

"Have you decided when you're getting married?" Mona asked.

Scot and Emma looked at each other and smiled. "October 14th. We're just having a small ceremony," Emma said warmly smiling into Scot's eyes. "I wanted to ask you if you..."

Scot lowered his voice, interrupting and trying to speak only to Emma. "You know we can't..."

"Can't what?" Mona asked.

"It's nothing. Really," Scot answered.

Mona stared at Emma the whole time, watching her fight her lips. "Emma, I want you to ask me even if you're not supposed to."

Scot shook his head at Emma while she was biting her lip. The conflicting pressure built in her until she blew, talking rapidly from the force. "I want to ask you if you'll be one of my bridesmaids!? I know you can't do it but I still want to ask you!"

Mona smiled. "When did you say it was again? In October?" Scot and Emma nodded. "Officially right now I have to say no." She leaned forward like she was telling a secret. "But unofficially as long as you don't tell anyone..." Mona looked around like she wanted to make sure she wasn't caught saying the next bit. "...my answer is yes!"

Emma flung herself at Mona, wrapping her arms around the small girl. Emma was happy like she hadn't been in months.

When they broke embrace, Mona continued. "But I can't do anything with you guys until September. I can't even tell you my phone number or where I live."

"Why's that?" Scot asked.

"Conditions, rules, stuff like that," Mona said looking away.

"We understand," Scot said and Emma nodded.

"Oh, I also wanted to thank you for the teddy bear for my birthday! I really like it! It was pretty easy to figure out it was from you."

"We're happy you do. We couldn't think of anything else that you might like," Emma said glad that the doctor did indeed give it to her. Then it hit her. "They didn't give you the card?"

"Nope. They wouldn't even tell me who it was from, like it could have been from anyone else," she said rolling her eyes.

Scot and Emma shared a half-hearted look, happy that Mona received their gift but also dismayed that they thought they could keep its benefactors secret.

"Well I'd better get going before anyone realizes I'm gone at this time of night. If anyone happens to ask, I was never here," Mona said with a smile.

The couple stood to say their goodbyes and give farewell hugs.

On her way out the door, Mona stopped and said with her back toward the couple, "This isn't goodbye. I'll see you again soon enough." She walked away without turning back.

Scot and Emma closed the door behind her and went to bed. There they spent their remaining waking minutes happy and in each other's arms.

The couple had a renewed sense of purpose after seeing Mona. They didn't get to talk to her for very long, but they could tell she was doing well. The doctors at the center apparently knew what they were doing. Maybe being forced to stay away from Mona was the best thing for her after all.

~~~

The months went by and the wedding preparations drudged on. There wasn't much to do, really, because Emma was sincere in her desire not to waste money on a big wedding. The most important thing wasn't showing off to of all her friends and family, but just getting to share the occasion with them. She had her modest wedding dress picked out, but was waiting for the bridesmaids until closer to the wedding date in hopes of hearing from Mona.

Emma's maid of honor was Anne, another teacher from her school. They knew each other through college where they were inseparable, except when it came to boyfriends. She was invaluable to the meager wedding arrangements.

"Who's this other bridesmaid?" Anne asked.

"A former student Scot found on the street one night freezing to death. We took her in for a couple of days until she could go to a center to get treated for the tragedy." Emma proceeded to tell her the details of Mona's parents.

"That's awful!" Anne said with sorrow in her voice, but she was skeptical. "That's not enough of a reason to make her a bridesmaid. What aren't you telling me?"

Emma was caught, but didn't want to spill the details. The secret was too big, too bad, and too ugly. "It's nothing. She just really warmed a place in our hearts while she was here," she said looking away.

Anne looked at her friend. "I don't believe you. I've known you long enough to know when you're lying. Whatever it is, you know I can handle it," she said putting her hand on top of Emma's