Crime and Punishment

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
zeta515
zeta515
156 Followers

Although she hated to admit it, Erin knew that career goals were not the only reason she had not pursued her personal 'development' more vigorously. Being brutally honest with herself, Erin knew she was more than a bit uptight about her sexuality. Jokingly she told herself that Nina's Cut had taken a bit more than usual from her genes. Whatever the reasons, Erin knew that her sex life was far from typical. As a girl in boarding school she had refrained from participating in the usual teenage romances common among her peers. Intellectually, she dismissed the handholding, kissing, and early sexual exploration as 'silly' and a 'waste of time'. Emotionally she was intimidated by her budding sexuality and she felt too insecure to expose herself in this manner. In college matters only worsened. This was a time when young women actively engaged in free sexual exploration. Partners were sought out and women moved in together sharing both their studies and their bodies. Again, Erin had refrained from participating, telling herself that she was too busy to waste time on such frivolous 'extracurricular' activities. She would worry about such things later when she was done with college. The problem was, the longer she waited the more awkward her situation became.

Erin found herself increasingly cut out of the typical whispered, often silly, but sometimes serious, girl-talk and chit-chat that consumed so much of casual college life. It was not that she was actively excluded by the other girls from such talk, but rather that she had nothing to contribute to these 'discussions'. Worse, how could she admit that she had never had sex? This would be beyond embarrassing and might easily leave her vulnerable to gossip and some seriously vicious female college real-politick. Instead Erin found herself either changing the subject when matters of sex came up or quietly slipping away when the conversation turned to this topic. Although this left her susceptible to being labeled 'stuck-up', this was far better than the humiliating alternative of confessing her virginity. The only bright spot was that Erin knew that she was 'normal'. By listening to the other girls she found (rather embarrassingly but much to her relief), that she was also excited by all the sexual activities that they professed to so actively and enthusiastically engage in. In addition, Erin was an active and passionate masturbator (something which she did almost nightly, but would of course, never publicly admit).

To cope, Erin threw herself into her studies, privately masturbated, and shied away from gossip and embarrassing girl-talk. Surprisingly, Erin found that this strategy not only worked well but that it left her quite popular among her peers. Why, she was not exactly sure. Perhaps it was because she did not gossip or actively disparage others. Or maybe it was because she was a good student always willing to help fellow classmates with their work. Or perhaps as a non-player socially she was not considered as competition or as a threat. Or maybe it was all of these, none of these, or some combination. Whatever the reason Erin found herself well liked and well respected by her fellow students. In this way she muddled through college socially remaining a virgin.

Upon graduation she went to work for World. In some ways this relieved the social pressure on her. Unlike college, a large insurance company was socially a much more formal and mature place. There was still plenty of social politics, but they were almost exclusively directed towards business ends, not sex. In this social arena Erin was able to excel since her sexual hang-ups were irrelevant. And excel she did. However, with regards to her personal life, Erin had to admit that her situation was more precarious than ever. Being a virgin at 26 was not only unusual it was down-right odd. Only a small minority of women could make a similar claim and most of these were either cultists or religious fanatics; not exactly comforting company. Then Lisa had become Erin's assistant.

Lisa was not quite as bright or ambitious as Erin but she was kind and thoughtful and she seemed to genuinely enjoy working with Erin. As time went on, Erin found out more about Lisa through their natural daily intercourse at work. One day, Lisa came into work visibly upset. Erin could see that she had been crying.

"Are you OK?" inquired Erin, concerned.

"I'm alright" replied Lisa wiping tears from her watery eyes.

"Would you like the day off?" asked Erin. "Perhaps I've been working you too hard. The General Fission account has left us all a bit frayed. Truth is we could all use a break."

"It's not that" said Lisa bursting into tears.

Erin instinctively put her arms around her young assistant and said "It's OK. You can tell me about it if you want too. I'd be more than happy to listen."

What followed was a two hour recitation by Lisa of her life's story in which Erin learned (much to her surprise) that her assistant was the daughter of two rather strict members of a religious sect. This particular sect was known as the Marias and they believed in the sanctity of marriage and the purity of childhood and young adulthood. In practical terms, this meant a single marriage for life between two women who would raise their daughters to adulthood. Sex before marriage was forbidden as well as marrying outside the faith. Although this was very atypical socially, it was also quite ordinary. Thousands of such sects existed, many with philosophies far stricter and more bizarre than the Marias. Even in the 24th Century society was far from homogenous and groups of all kinds existed and thrived. In general this was view favorably, for the world would be a very boring place indeed if all women thought and acted alike. However, Lisa had realized in her late teens that the life proposed by her parents was very atypical and not one that she wanted for herself. Upon turning eighteen she had left home and gone to college, abandoning her parent's beliefs.

"I take it your parents were not happy with your decision to leave?" said Erin.

"No" said Lisa, calmer now that she had explained matters to Erin. "However we parted company on good terms and we have remained in touch."

"So alls well that ends well" said Erin.

"Not exactly" said Lisa. "Last night my mother called saying that she had found a partner for me."

"Partner like in marriage partner?" asked Erin.

"Yes" said Lisa.

"And I take it that...," started Erin.

"Yes, exactly. She even asked if I was still a virgin" said Lisa.

"I see" said Erin, becoming intrigued.

"I told her I was but that it was irrelevant. I did not want to marry yet and when I did it would be someone of my own choosing and most likely outside the faith. We got into a huge fight...and well you can guess the rest."

"Yes I suppose so," said Erin. "So what are you going to do?"

"Nothing I guess" said Lisa.

"A sound move, in my opinion" said Erin. "It seems that your parents love you despite their religious philosophies and I am sure matters will be smoothed over in a few days."

"I hope so" said Lisa.

"I am sure they will. Just be patient."

"OK" agreed Lisa.

That day at the close of business, Lisa came into Erin's office and said "I want to apologize for my outburst earlier today and to thank you for being so kind and listening to me and all that."

Erin smiled and said "Think nothing of it. I was flattered that you trusted me enough to tell me about it and yourself. If you ever need to talk again, my door is always open."

"Thanks for being so understanding" said Lisa. Then blushing slightly she said "Good night and thanks again."

As Lisa turned to go Erin said "Wait." She was truly flattered that her young assistant had chosen to confide in her. She was also touched by Lisa's story and impressed by how willingly the young woman had shared her secret with her, a secret that Erin also shared. There was something quite endearing about her pretty assistant and Erin said "would you like to have dinner together?"

Lisa's eyes widened in surprise and excitement. "Sure!" she said.

"Excellent" said Erin standing up and grabbing her jacket. "Let's go then!"

And so began her relationship with Lisa. Within a few months both women were spending all their free time together, or at least most of it. Erin had eventually confessed the secret of her virginity to Lisa. She had been extremely embarrassed at the time, but had forced herself nonetheless to 'come-clean'. Lisa listened but merely nodded and then quickly changed the subject. Later Erin realized that, given her background, Lisa had probably considered this unusual fact about her as quite normal. After all she was a virgin herself. As their relationship progressed, and it became clear to both women that they had become more than friends, the topic of moving in together (and all that this implied) came up.

"I'm not opposed" began Lisa. "However I want you to know that even though you might consider it silly, I want to save myself for marriage."

This surprised Erin and she said "Despite the fact that you abandoned your religion?"

"Yes. I know its ridiculous but, let's say I am just old fashioned."

"I see" said Erin, but she didn't. In fact Erin was quite frustrated and angry by Lisa's attitude. They were an ideal match and Erin found it ironic that she must respect the teachings of an oddball religion that neither of them believed.

"I can see you are upset" said Lisa. "I'm sorry. You've been so good to me and I feel bad."

"I'm not angry," lied Erin, but it was hard for her to hide her feelings.

"Perhaps we should wait and talk about this tomorrow" said Lisa.

"Yes" agreed Erin.

That night Erin did not sleep. Frustrated she masturbated but that did not assuage her anger or her hurt feelings. Tossing and turning in bed Erin thought the matter over. She had finally found the perfect partner and was at last ready to become sexually involved. She had assumed Lisa was ready also. In fact she knew Lisa was. But what was holding her back? Her adherence to and abandoned religion was merely an excuse. There had to be another reason. But what? It was all so infuriatingly frustrating that she wanted to scream!

The next evening when they were alone in Erin's residence, Erin broached the subject of living together again. "What's really going on Lisa? Tell me please!" begged Erin.

Lisa looked down and placed her hands in her lap, palms up. "I'm so embarrassed and scared" she began, tears falling into her open hands.

"What's wrong dear?" said Erin becoming anxious and concerned.

"I don't know how to tell you this, even though I've known it from almost the day we met" said Lisa looking at her wet hands.

"There's no need to be afraid" replied Erin, "you can tell me anything. We're friends, no more than friends, much, much more. Please tell me."

"Looking up with tears running down her face Lisa looked at Erin and said "I'm so sorry Erin, but I love you!"

"Oh god!" gasped Erin astounded yet again by the young woman's openness and honesty. At that moment Erin's heart melted and she knew the truth of Lisa's words. Yes, she loved this pretty young woman too!

Tears filled Erin's eyes and she said "It's I who need to apologize. I love you too Lisa but I lacked the courage to tell you."

Both women fell into each other's arms and soon they were both laughing and crying at the same time. After awhile Erin regained her composure and drying the tears from Lisa's face as if she were a child, Erin said, "what say you that we buy a ring tomorrow after work?"

Lisa was overjoyed and both women started laughing and crying again. "Yes, yes, yes!" Lisa repeated over and over again.

The next day Erin bought an engagement ring and placed it on Lisa's finger. News of the unusual engagement swept the office and, for once, gossip was not about business. Few at World knew however how truly unusual Erin's and Lisa's relationship was. Lisa still insisted on living apart, and more importantly 'saving herself' until after the wedding. This left Erin frustrated but she respected Lisa's wishes even though she thought they were ridiculous. In a few more months it wouldn't matter anyways. She had waited this long and a little while longer could hardly matter. In the mean time, she would just have to settle for masturbating; at least it relieved some of her frustrations and tensions.

The visit by the FIS agents however had only added to Erin's tensions. After eating dinner, Erin dropped Lisa off at her residence and, after a rather long and passionate good night kiss, proceeded to her own residence. The passion of the kiss and the frustrations of the day had left Erin sexually excited. Nina's Cut at work again, she sighed. After a quick shower, Erin proceeded to her bedroom where she removed some lubricating jelly and her vibrators from the nightstand near her bed. Throwing the covers on the bed back, she lay upon the bed on her back. Bringing her knees up, she grabbed the first vibrator, placed some jelly on it, and gently placed it in her rectum. Grabbing the second vibrator, she placed it directly into her wet vagina. Turing both instruments on, she rubbed her clitoris with her right hand while squeezing the nipples on her ample breasts. In moments, she climaxed with the first of several intense orgasms, letting out a small cry and several deep moans.

She always thought about Lisa while masturbating and tonight was no different. However, Erin had a kinky side. She also fantasized about being punished. Though she didn't realize it, what she really desired was to be humiliated. If she had thought about it more dispassionately, Erin would have realized the Venkatesan Modification at work. This was quite a common fantasy among women, though few stopped to think about it, and fewer still would admit to such feelings. Sexual mores were very advanced however, and just about anything went between consenting partners. That is, if one could find a willing partner. With the exception of the very wealthy, who could afford slaves, such kinky fantasies usually remained just that: fantasies. Erin was no different in this regard. Though turned on by such thoughts, she never dreamed of actually trying to realize them. Instead she masturbated while fantasizing about Lisa sexually punishing her. After her fifth orgasm, Erin removed the vibrators, rolled to her right side, pulled up the covers and fell into an exhausted, but relaxed sleep; her sexual energy expended.

********

Several busy days went by without Erin hearing anything from the FIS agents. She was beginning to feel that Lisa was right and that the FIS would just clear up the matter on their own. Her investigation had gone nowhere. Although Erin did not explicitly remember the transaction in question, it appeared that she had uncharacteristically bought a high risk investment instead of a safer one and as a result, the funds had been lost. The fact that the entire sum was lost and that the client had not complained was however very unusual, but nonetheless possible. The transaction records had of course, ended there since the funds were gone. Pressing business had prevented Erin from looking into the matter further (even though she was still troubled by the incident). Perhaps the FIS had made a mistake or they were satisfied with the information Lisa had sent them. Unfortunately, none of this turned out to be the case. Without fanfare, Ellen Jackson's virtual persona appeared in her office. Ellen was the senior president of the division where Erin worked, and Erin's boss.

"Erin," Ellen began. "Sorry for interrupting, but I need to see you immediately. Can you come over?"

"Sure," Erin replied. "What's up?"

"I'll tell you when you get here" said Ellen.

"OK," said Erin, "I'm on my way."

Ellen Jackson was a mature, no-nonsense woman and a damn good person to work for. She was both strict and fair. More importantly, she took a personal interest in each of her subordinates and tried her best to advance the career of each woman on her staff. Erin was one of her favorites, and Ellen had been instrumental in her rapid rise. Ellen had recognized Erin's ability and talent early on, giving her ever increasingly challenging assignments. Ellen had already been married once, and had hinted a few times that Erin might make a suitable partner in a second marriage. Erin however, was too consumed by work to consider such a move. Ellen was not offended by this; in fact her admiration for Erin only seemed to increase.

"Please close the door and sit down, Erin," said Ellen as Erin walked into her office. "I heard from the FIS today regarding that matter with Custom Genetics," began Ellen.

"Oh. Did they finally clear it up?" asked Erin.

"Far from it," replied Ellen looking grave. "They finally traced the money to its destination, a numbered account in Mexico."

"A numbered account? Whose account?" questioned Erin.

"Your account, I'm afraid." answered Ellen.

"What!" shouted Erin. "Impossible! I don't have any numbered accounts, especially in Mexico."

"Well, I hope not for your sake," said Ellen.

"Look, you've got to believe me. Our records show the funds in question were lost as part of a routine trade," said Erin. "I have no knowledge of an account in Mexico."

"I believe you," said Ellen. "However, the FIS has issued a detainment warrant against you. Don't worry; I have already posted bond, so you won't be bothered. In the mean time, we need to prepare for the judicial investigation. I am transferring this account to April who will supply the FIS with any further information they require as well as assume the management role."

"April?" asked Erin. "Can't Lisa take charge temporarily?" Erin disliked April and the feeling was more than mutual.

April was in her early thirties and heir to the Katz family fortune (or what was left of it). The Katz's were old money, very old money. The family had made its fortune two centuries ago during the height of the genetic revolution, and had played a significant role in developing the New Social Contract. However a combination of bad management and misfortune had depleted the Katz wealth so that by the time April was born there was little money left. Only the family name and reputation remained, but these were significant. April was another of Ellen's vice presidents but unlike Erin, she was haughty, snobbish, and very temperamental. Erin found her difficult to work with and unpleasant to be around. Erin knew that she was not alone in feeling this way. On the other hand, Erin had to admit that April was extremely competent and efficient and an excellent account manager. In truth, Erin's dislike of April was more personal than professional. April had made a couple of passes at Lisa and even offered to make Lisa her assistant. Erin of course, was not pleased by any of April's overtures, but had let the matter slide so as to maintain a professional rapport with her fellow vice president. However this did little to alleviate her dislike of the woman and Erin avoided April as much as possible. Fortunately this was easy to do since they worked in different business areas at the company.

"No" replied Ellen. "I know you and April dislike each other, but there are larger issues at stake here. First, as your assistant, Lisa is under your direct supervision. As your fiancée, she is also not a neutral party. The reputation of the company is at stake here. Our customers and the government are watching us. If we are not completely up-front and forth coming, World could be in serious trouble. Although this is not April's business area, she is more than neutral, and competent enough to handle the account till this matter is straightened out."

zeta515
zeta515
156 Followers