Crime and Punishment

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
zeta515
zeta515
156 Followers

Vid. Short for video; the term refers to any audiovisual media or medium and comprises both modern, pre-modern and ancient forms and formats.

The Village. Small group of buildings near the School used chiefly to house the school staff. These buildings include private residences, a small library, recreational facilities, as well as a public square. Architecturally the Village resembles a small English town of the Victorian Era.

Venkatesan Modification. Named after its inventor, Nina Venkatesan, this genetic modification refers to the changes made to the human genome to insure or provide built-in or internal behavioral compliance with the Servitude Laws as specified by the New Social Contract. The effect of these changes is to establish a sub-conscious tension within the mind whereby abhorrence to specific types of anti-social behaviors are simultaneously linked to sexual arousal. The anti-social behaviors selected are the usual quasi-sexual or sexual taboos: appearing nude in public, explicit displays of sexuality (whether in conversation or by overt physical gesture or suggestive appearance), unusual ('kinky') sexual activities, etc. The resulting psychological tension is exploited as an internal deterrent against violating the law since the public humiliations proscribed as punishment by the Servitude Laws are themselves quasi-sexual in nature; typical shamings involving being stripped naked in public and exposed to verbal ridicule and physical punishment. This is further re-enforced by the legal mandate that all late-teenage school girls attend at least one public shaming. This genetic modification is particularly effective since it exploits one of the strongest human drives, the sex drive, to accomplish is behavioral goals. The Venkatesan Modification is viewed as the price paid for the peace and prosperity guaranteed by the New Social Contract.

Venusian Gemstone. These are gem quality stones from the planet Venus. Because of its high temperature and high pressure atmosphere, the second planet from the sun produces some of the most spectacular and beautiful gem-quality stones found in the solar system. However because of the difficulty of finding and retrieving these stones, they command exceptionally high prices, despite their inherent lack of any intrinsic value. In fact, man-made gem quality stones became widely available in the early 21st Century and eventually dominated the gemstone market on Earth, essentially eliminating the demand for natural stones and bankrupting the gem mining industry. However, the stones found on Venus, composed of different combinations of minerals and generated by substantially different processes, lacked the industrial value needed to make their commercial generation worthwhile. This partially restored the gem-mining industry, which located itself off-world. However because of the high transport and operations cost, these stones are prohibitively expensive. Coupled with their lack of intrinsic value, they are essentially pure luxury items (and therefore status symbols) for their wealthy owners.

Virtual Personas. Sub-personalities created from the mind of a living person and existing solely in the environment of the Net they are typically created for single purpose such as attending a meeting or conducting a specific task like a financial transaction. After their task is complete, a merger between persona and person takes place allowing information to be transferred between them. In practical terms, virtual personas allow a living person to literally be in two (or more) places at the same time. In addition, personas are unique and cannot be copied, duplicated, or counterfeited. Moreover they can only merge with the person from whose mind they were generated. Conversely personas for a particular individual can only be created by that person and not anyone else. As such, they are considered legal stand-ins for a living person. Interacting with a persona is similar to interacting with a person, but there are limitations; in particular personas are strictly confined to the task for which they were created and are not capable of making decisions. Blue Onyx has sole control over the creation of personas since they are used in most financial transactions. Attempting to misuse, interfere, or otherwise compromise a persona is considered a serious criminal offense punishable by slavery.

White Crimes. Non-violent crimes or crimes termed white collar crime are known as white crimes. These are typically white collar crimes committed for personal gain or to obtain increased social status. In the 23rd and 24th centuries virtually all crimes are of this type.

World Center for Genetic Resource Management (WCGRM). The government agency and authority in charge of reproduction and the oversight of bioengineering activities is the WCGRM. Particularly notable, is that the WCGRM is the repository of all male genetic material produced by the world's Duenas. This genetic material is processed and held by the WCGRM for use in research and reproduction. For women desiring to have children (daughters) the WCGRM provides the necessary male genetic material to licensed reproduction centers where it is combined with the woman's eggs and gestated to produce her offspring ex utro.

World Federation. The central government of the world, similar the United Nations of the 20th and 21st centuries but more powerful and centrally controlled. Individual states and governments still control the various regions of the world, which in the 23rd and 24th centuries, has a political map not dissimilar to the 21st century. However the World Federation has the power to guarantee individual liberties and rights, regulate the world economy, and enforce the general peace. It has the only standing military on the planet as well as various police forces with preemptive authority over the police forces of local states and governments. Notable among these is the Financial Investigative Services (FIS) which is responsible for the investigation of financial activities and crimes. In addition, Blue Onyx, the world financial regulatory body is also a part of the World Federation. The World Federation is headed by the Counsel General who has executive power over the entire organization.

Year. See Standard Year and Biological Year.

Zax. Zax is a private, quasi-secret society, famous for its connections to society's most powerful and wealthy individuals, as well as its kinky sex parties. Zax's membership includes the wealthiest and most powerful women on the planet. It is in essence a tool of these women and used by them as a means for (unofficially) conducting their dirty work as well as dispensing favors and rewards. Zax is located on Zax Island with its headquarters in Zax Castle. The organization itself is famous for its intrigues as well as its extravagant and elaborate parties. The latter often involve BDSM and other sexual activity using Zax's large holding of slaves, including its diapered slaves. Zax is known for its well trained slaves and their use and participation in these activities. In fact, Zax is the largest slaveholder on the planet of both diapered slaves and indentured servants. Its training methods and code of conduct (see Seven Cardinal Rules) are the standard followed (and envied) by all slaveholders. The Island is popularly considered a landmark and resort area as well as the in-place to go; its popularity is due to the exclusivity of its guests including the most famous celebrities as well as the rich and powerful. Visit to the Island is by invitation only.

Zax Castle. The Castle is located on the west end of Zax Island and is the official headquarters for Zax. This multi-storied structure is divided into four zones or spaces: the office zone (Zax's headquarters and the offices of its executives and officers), the residential zone (living quarters for staff and guests), the common zone (recreational and general purpose areas such as ballrooms, conference rooms, etc.) and the dungeon. The latter is located entirely underground and consumes approximately one third of the Castle's one billion square feet (approximately 23,000 acres). The Castle itself has a footprint of approximately one square mile and ranges in height from 40 to 300 feet above ground level. Constructed from black-rough-hewn stone, the Castle's gothic architecture was intentionally exaggerated to enhance its external sinister appearance. Internally, the Castle architecture and appearance varies considerably. Although all parts of the structure maintain the overall architectural theme of a medieval Castle, the office and residential zones are particularly modern in style and appearance with many large, light and airy rooms and a minimum of stonework. The appearance of the common zone varies from modern to medieval while the dungeon is almost entirely medieval. In fact, the dungeon contains (as might be expected) the crudest rooms with the fewest amenities in the Castle. Some of these are little more than stone chambers with no windows or furniture. The dungeon contains the living quarters for Zax's approximately 70 slaves (five of which are diapered). In addition, medical and recreational facilities for the slaves are also located there. The remainder of the dungeon contains a variety of chambers utilized exclusively for scenes and play with and without the use of the slaves. Externally, the Castle fronts the ocean on two sides, with the remaining two sides surrounded by approximately 6000 acres of gardens, parklands, and semi-maintained woodlands as well as several independent structures for housing guests and visitors. Although the Castle is by-far the largest structure on Zax Island, nearly one-third of its volume is located underground. However, despite this, the Castle is clearly visible almost any where on the Island as well as several miles out to sea.

Zax Island. Located in the Southern Pacific ocean, Zax Island is an artificial structure constructed in the latter part of the 22nd Century and early 23rd Century. The Island itself comprises approximately 150 square miles of land area with a fairly level or flat topography. Zax Castle is located on the West end and highest part of the Island. Here, ground level is approximately 200 feet above mean-sea level, but drops sharply and abruptly to the ocean. In fact, most of the Island is surrounded by 30 foot or higher cliffs, making its small and rocky beaches largely inaccessible. The exception is on the East end of the Island where the ground slopes gently and smoothly to broad white-sandy beaches. The climate of the Island is sub-tropical and temperate, similar to the Hawaiian Islands located to the North. A variety of trees, plants, and fauna as well as many species of birds, squirrels, rabbits, deer, foxes, and other medium to small size animals and insects call the Island home. Zax Island is privately owned by Zax and travel to the Island is by invitation only. In fact, Zax Island is considered private territory under the exclusive control of Zax. As such, Zax is free to impose whatever laws and regulations it desires, subject only to the rules and regulations of the World Federation.

zeta515
zeta515
156 Followers