All Comments on 'Cry of The Gorgon'

by tirus_hannoty

Sort by:
  • 3 Comments
blkhrtblkhrtover 10 years ago
not so... true

Medusa was raped. She faught Poseidon and pleaded to Athena. She cried and begged but none come forth in her rescue. Sorry, It is sick to think that the rapist could ever be a lover. Not my kind of story. You could FUCKING AT LEAST WARN US.

JonRKnightkyolee71JonRKnightkyolee71over 10 years ago
I like it!

I like it. It was a great take on a myth. To Blkht...it's a myth. These people didn't actually exist and the stories are just that...stories. It may have been rape or it may have been consensual. No one knows. It depends on who's telling the story. But I liked it a alot. Keep writing!

secretitosecretitoover 10 years ago
I liked it too.

To me this is Fan-Fiction. You're the writer and it's your take on an existing myth so there is no right or wrong. If someone wants accurate that's why the original story exists. Frankly I think this makes more sense as to why Athena would have done what she did instead of just coldly condemning a victim. I do have to agree that a warning should be posted for non-consent/Reluctance since some people might be very sensitive to it(even though those that are familiar with the story of Medusa should have seen it coming anyway).

Now for a bit of constructive criticism, be very careful with certain words, make sure you look them up before you use them because they might not mean what you think they do, 'ignorantly' when you mean 'to ignore'. It could also be due to auto-correct (sometimes I have that problem, so if that's the case my apologies) so keep an eye on that. Also keep a very close eye on your grammar and punctuation it makes the story more enjoyable when it flows and you don't have to reread something because it doesn't look right. Find an editor as soon as you can you have a lot of potential and this was an excellent start. Good Luck hope to see more.

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous