Danica Pt. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I didn't steal it! He bought my wagon!" the farmer screamed in protest.

"Please, let the man go. He tells the truth," Darius informed the guard.

The guardsman looked perplexed for a moment, and then released the farmer. "Sorry," he said with little apology in his tone.

The farmer hid the pouch of gold in his trousers with a snort and ran off again. Darius turned to Danica and said, "I suppose we should return home."

Danica nodded and they turned back toward the house. Danica took his hand in hers about halfway there.

They told Celes what had happened, and she said, "If it works, and the Queen is saved, you may have just found your source for the Silver Maple. The Queens of the elves are beloved of their people, and are their high priestesses as well. Elves do not take lightly repayment for favors to their people. It's a custom from ages long past to never let a good deed unasked for go unrewarded. Saving the life of their Queen would demand they offer nearly anything you might wish that is theirs to give."

"We'll know before long then. The sickness progresses quickly," Danica said ominously.

{*****~~o~~0~~o~~*****}

The next day, Darius and the two women continued their work. They gathered up what they would need for the working and enchantment of the staff, purchasing anything that they did not have on hand. Danica managed to locate a small set of woodworking tools. It was nothing compared to her own set at home, but would suffice.

On the following day, Darius suggested a way they might see how they were going to work together on the project. They proceeded to assist Darius in enchanting all the woodworking tools with a modification of the vorpal enchantment, something Darius said he cast upon the kitchen knives. The result of the enchantment ensured that the tools would forever maintain their edge, never needing sharpening. The combination of the three's skills proved a perfect match, and they completed the enchantment that day. Danica was determined to cast the same enchantment over her own woodworking tools when she and Celes returned from their task, as well as her razors.

That evening Danica chanced to see the gardener and Gabrielle walking back toward the garden house after the day's labor. Danica flushed in anger knowing what the gardener would subject Gabrielle to in only a short while.

She decided she could no longer abide the knowledge of what the gardener was doing to the beautiful woman. She caught Darius just as he was about to enter his private chambers for the evening.

"Darius, there is something happening I think you should know about."

"What is it, Andrea?" he asked, looking somewhat nervous and glancing into his open door. Danica could see a finely appointed sitting room lay beyond the portal.

"I believe the gardener is doing something quite inappropriate with young Gabrielle."

Darius blushed. "It is none of my business what those who serve me do in their own time. They are free to pursue their own lives."

"It's more than that. Please, come with me and let me prove to you that he is abusing her."

Darius considered for a moment, and then nodded his head as he shut the door. He spoke the word of command that reset the wards on the door and followed Danica.

They walked out to the garden house -- Darius looking thoroughly scandalized the whole time. Danica reached out with her mind and easily found the mixture of anger and need in Gabrielle. That confirmed that the gardener was exacting the payment for his silence.

Danica led Darius around the side of the building to the location of Gabrielle's room. She quietly cast a spell of Clairvoyance and the scene appeared before them. Gabrielle knelt, nude, sucking the gardener's cock.

"Andrea," Darius whispered harshly, "This is most inappropriate."

The gardener exploded in the girl's mouth before Darius finished the last word, pulled up his trousers, and left the room.

"What woman would do this willingly and not be pleasured in return? Look at the anger on her face. She doesn't do this of her own will. The man is using her," Danica said as they watched Gabrielle flop down on the bed to stare at the ceiling with an obvious look of anger and resentment.

Darius' look of embarrassment slowly faded to anger as he considered Danica's words. "Let us go speak with Gabrielle and determine the truth of this."

Danica dismissed the clairvoyance spell and the two entered the garden house. Darius then knocked on Gabrielle's door.

"Who is it?" Gabrielle asked in a startled voice.

"It's Andrea and Darius. May we come in, Gabrielle?"

"Just a moment," they heard and waited while Gabrielle pulled on her clothing.

The gardener opened the door to his room and asked, "Is something wrong sir?" He blanched when he saw the anger on Darius face.

"That shall be determined in due course," Darius answered in clipped tones, staring hard at the man.

The gardener nodded and offered a short bow. Gabrielle opened her door then, gesturing for Darius and Danica to enter. The gardener started to follow, but a stern look from Danica kept him out in the hall. Danica shut the door in his face and turned back to Gabrielle, who looked afraid and confused.

Darius looked at Danica, apparently considering his words, and then turned back to Gabrielle. "Is there anything..." He paused a moment before continuing, "inappropriate going on between you and Eriond?"

"No, Sir," Gabrielle answered, casting her eyes downward and blushing furiously.

"Gabrielle, Darius is a good man. He will not judge you unfairly, not for anything. If something is being done to you, don't be afraid to tell him." Danica walked over and lifted the girl's chin up so she could look into her eyes. "Please trust me, Gabrielle. Do not let him do this to you any longer," she said gently stroking Gabrielle's face with her fingertips.

Gabrielle's lip quivered. Words tumbled from her mouth amidst sobs as she explained her situation. Darius' face grew harder with every word she spoke.

When she finished, Darius looked at a ring on his finger. "You tell the truth," he said from between clenched teeth. He then turned and flung open the door, finding Eriond standing right outside.

"Get your things and get out!" Darius angrily exclaimed. "You are hereby terminated. I would suggest you leave the city, because I shall forthwith inform everyone I know of what you have done here, and you shall not work in this city again."

"Sir, whatever the woman has..." Eriond began.

"SILENCE!" Darius shouted, startling everyone. Danica had never heard the man's voice raised so, and the power of the command stunned her. "Have you forgotten I am Magi? I know the woman's words for truth. I have changed my mind. I will have your things dumped into the street. I want you out of my sight and off my grounds this instant. Get OUT!"

Eriond paused for a moment in an open-mouthed stare, and then hurriedly left when Darius took a step toward him.

Gabrielle still sobbed quietly with Danica holding her to try to comfort her. Darius turned toward them and said, "It is over Gabrielle. I am sorry it ever happened at all. I must thank you, Andrea, for bringing to light this abominable situation. Know that I would never -- ever -- judge you for such things, Gabrielle. You shall henceforth be my lead gardener. The pay Eriond received shall be yours, as well as your pick of the rooms here in the garden house. I shall begin petitioning for assistants for you, and you may be the one who chooses which one shall enter my employ."

Gabrielle smiled as she finally managed to choke back her sobs. "Thank you, Sir. Thank you, Andrea. I don't know how to repay you."

Darius smiled and said, "Continue to do your work well -- that is all the repayment I need. I long ago noted that you are a far better gardener than Eriond ever pretended to be. I was at a loss for what to do, as he has been with me for so long and his work was more than adequate. You are simply an artist in the work. I felt it inappropriate to demote or terminate him because his assistant proved to be more gifted than he."

Gabrielle blushed. "Thank you for the compliment, Sir. I will do my best to be worthy of it."

"I'll stay with Gabrielle. She'll need the company of a woman for a while."

"I understand. Thank you again, Andrea. It is most fortunate that you were able to discover this atrocity. Every day, I find I am more blessed that it was you who answered my call for assistants. Good night, ladies."

Danica continued to comfort the woman, eventually turning to lighter subjects and bringing out a smile from Gabrielle. Danica's arousal increased by the moment as she sat so close to the woman, touching her at every available opportunity. Their eyes met each other with barely veiled interest quite often.

On impulse, Danica put her hand on the woman's cheek, and then leaned down to kiss her. Gabrielle gasped as Danica said, "For far too long you have been forced to give of yourself and received nothing but grief in return. Let me give to you the pleasure you have been denied."

Gabrielle gasped again, then smiled meekly and blushed. Danica pulled the brunette closer and kissed her once more -- far more passionately. This time, Gabrielle responded.

They slowly undressed each other, Danica kissing and caressing Gabrielle all the while. Danica's touches were feather-light on the Gabrielle's skin, drawing shivers from her. Her hands slid slowly over Gabrielle's body eliciting quiet moans from the brunette.

Danica swirled her tongue over one of the woman's small nipples, looking up into her eyes. Gabrielle shuddered and gasped, her eyelids fluttering when Danica sucked the nipple between her soft, warm lips.

Danica continued to suckle the stiff point, her hands roaming over Gabrielle's body. Gabrielle quietly moaned in long denied pleasure and caressed Danica as well.

Danica released Gabrielle's nipple after a while to trace kisses down the gardener's tummy. Gabrielle gasped and watched as Danica progressed toward the object of her desire. At last, Danica's lips touched Gabrielle's sex in a soft kiss, and the young woman's body tensed, as she moaned long and low.

Danica gently lapped and sucked Gabrielle's folds, using her tongue, lips, and fingers to stimulate every inch of the woman's sensitive flesh. Every passing moment increased the musky scent of Gabrielle's arousal and the bittersweet flow of wetness over Danica's tongue.

Finally, Gabrielle arched her back with a quiet, but high-pitched squeal, which trailed off into a long moan as she came on Danica's tongue.

Danica continued to run her tongue over the young woman's quivering nether lips until Gabrielle's orgasm ran its course. She then slid upward to kiss Gabrielle, the brunette tasting her own juices from Danica's face.

Gabrielle's fingers crept between Danica's legs, prompting her to lay back and part her legs to give the dark-haired beauty unfettered access. Gabrielle continued to rub and probe her fingers into Danica's moist heat, sucking the redhead's pebble hard nipples as she did so.

Danica moaned as soft fingers tantalized her. "Suck them harder," Danica pleaded, and then she sharply gasped when Gabrielle responded passionately.

"Oh please -- taste me. Make me come," Danica moaned quietly. Gabrielle released Danica's nipple and slid down between Danica's legs.

Gabrielle slowly -- so slowly -- lapped Danica's damp folds. She used broad strokes of her tongue to stimulate Danica's nether lips, and then pushed her tongue deep inside to lap up the gathered wetness there. She sucked on Danica's labia and flicked her tongue all over Danica's sex. Gabrielle ever so slowly paid more attention to Danica's clit as she tasted another woman for the first time in so long.

Danica teetered on the threshold of ultimate pleasure for quite some time from the woman's slow licking, and when she tumbled over into orgasm, it was powerful. She stiffened and emitted a staccato squeal as her juices welled up and bubbled forth from her -- not really a squirt, but rather a gentle flood.

Gabrielle continued to softly lap Danica until her orgasm subsided. The two women lay together entwined for a few moments before Danica's passion rekindled, prompting her to kiss Gabrielle again.

They brought each other to uncountable numbers of sweet orgasms that night, and Danica did not return to her room until quite late. She found it difficult to walk on her wobbling legs back across the lawn to the house. Danica snuggled under her blankets very happy for the young woman, and very sexually satisfied.

{*****~~o~~0~~o~~*****}

The three wizards returned to the workshop the next morning to complete the last of their preparations. The work took little time, and they were soon ready to proceed -- save having no medium to work in.

For another two days, they struggled with worry and anticipation. Each found some little project to fill their time while waiting for word from the healer about the battle against the sickness.

Darius grudgingly sent out requests for Vallenwood, still hoping for the chance to acquire the Silver Maple instead. Darius stood to answer a knock on the workshop door, opening it to find the man who served as his butler there.

"Sir, the old healer from the town seeks audience with you. She has with her four people who are heavily cloaked, and two of them bear arms they will not relinquish."

"Go and let them in. We have nothing to fear. We shall go with you and greet our strange guests."

Danica and Celes followed Darius and the butler to the common room where they waited for the visitors to arrive. When they entered, the old healer walked in front with beaming smile on her face. She walked directly to Danica upon entering.

"Lady, you have done a service beyond measure in revealing this cure to us. We haven't lost a soul since we began mixing the potions. I've been spreading the word to every temple, apothecary, and herbalist since the first woman's fever broke under my care with the potions. At least twenty other people came up with the sickness since last we met. Most are already fully recovered, thanks to catching the sickness before it could progress very far. This city and the whole region owe you a great debt of thanks."

One of the cloaked figures pulled back her hood, revealing the face of the elf maiden from the healer's little shop. "The humans of the region are not the only one who owes you thanks, and our debt is greater than theirs. I present to you Alannamori, Queen of my people."

The central figure pulled back her hood and revealed an elven face of stunning alien beauty. She nodded to those assembled, and all bowed before the woman courteously.

"Your potions saved me from the brink of death, allowing our healers to restore me to full vitality with their prayers. Great friends and many of my subjects also now live only because of your timely intervention. We often look down upon humans because of your violent and impatient ways, but it gives me great joy to discover a fine flower amongst the many weeds of your people. We owe you a debt beyond any ability to repay in kind," the Queen said in a musical, yet authoritative voice.

Danica bowed once again, saying, "There is no debt, your Majesty. What I did I chose to do to combat a foul sickness that I have seen take too many before their time. Knowing I have saved lives is all the repayment I need. There are, however, some things that would aid us greatly in our work here, which only the elves may give. We had given up hope of obtaining them, and were prepared to continue on with substitutes."

"Please, tell me what it is you require. If it is within my ability to grant, it shall be yours."

"We need living branches of the Elven Silver Maple. We need a section the size of a walking staff, and perhaps four pieces of shorter length, but greater thickness. Some clay and various spell components nurtured in the magic of elven lands would also be of great assistance," Danica explained.

"What would these things be used to craft?" the Queen asked. "We do not lightly offer up the living branches, even for a great debt. I cannot in good conscience give them up if they shall be used for dark purposes."

"One moment -- I shall show you," Darius responded, and hurried off to the workroom.

The elven Queen noticed Celes, who had done her best to inconspicuously back out of the room, and said, "Oh, you poor dear creature." The Queen closed her eyes for a moment and then opened them with a sigh. "The curse upon you is most foul, and I fear beyond my ability to break. I can offer this by way of hope, however. There is a condition upon the curse that I cannot divine. Should this condition be met, the spell will be broken and you shall be as you were before your cursing. The condition is woven within the curse. Think upon what has been done to you, for I cannot know it in whole, and you may discover that which shall free you from this horrible spell."

Celes stood -- mouth agape -- her eyes wide with surprise as the Queen spoke. "Thank you, your Majesty. I'll think about it," she said in a quiet voice when the Queen finished.

The Queen nodded and Darius returned at the same moment. Celes left the room and went down the hall as he entered. "This is the enchantment we seek to undertake. If none of your company can read our comparatively crude language, I can explain our notes to you," Darius said, handing the stack of notes to the Queen.

"I read and speak your tongue fluently. The script is indeed somewhat crude compared to that of my people, but it too has its beauty when considered." The Queen then looked through the parchments quickly. When she finished, she looked up and said, "Your ambitious undertaking is quite commendable -- a staff of vast defensive powers, with few offensive enchantments. I find this to be a fine thing to be crafted of our beloved trees. You shall be granted all that for which you have asked."

Danica and Darius both broke out in wide smiles, and Danica inwardly shouted with glee. "We thank you, Your Majesty. It is so much more than we had hoped for."

"The thanks still belong to you. I must return to my people. I wished to thank you personally for your actions, but now must return to my duties. That which you have requested shall be brought to you before this day is done." With that, the Queen pulled up her hood and turned to leave. The other elves followed suit.

The old healer turned to Danica and said, "If there's anything I can do for you, please let me know. I must be back to my home to continue mixing potions. My daughters are running from dawn to dusk purchasing and gathering the necessary ingredients."

Darius said, "I shall have coin sent to you to lessen the financial burden upon you. I am quite sure not all those afflicted have available coin to repay your healing."

The old healer bowed. "You are most kind, Goodman Darius. Word of your kind sponsorship of this good deed will be known far and wide, along with milady's. Perhaps this will shame the temples into opening their coffers and offering help as well," the woman said with a wink.

Darius laughed. "That alone will be well worth the coin spent."

The old woman smiled and nodded to them again, then made her way out the door and back to her own home.

Danica let her decorum break when they were again alone, and shouted with glee. She fell into Darius' arms and hugged him. He held her back and laughed as well. When they broke the embrace, their eyes locked for long moments with their hands still clasped.

Darius blushed and released Danica's hands. "We should prepare the work room for our true work -- for tomorrow, we begin."

{*****~~o~~0~~o~~*****}

Everything promised arrived only a few hours later. The sections of Silver Maple were enclosed in shimmering auras of magic. Until a spoken word released the elven spell, the Silver Maple would remain exactly as it was the moment the tree had relinquished it in response to the request of the elves. Danica was surprised to see the elves had sent half a dozen saddlebag-sized bags containing the clay she had requested. The bags were enchanted to keep the clay supple and properly moist as long as it was inside the bags. Another four bags held numerous amber vials. These contained a vast diversity of spell components, all in quite large quantities. Within a sack of finely tooled leather, they found a gown of Elven Silk, the finest cloth known. The dress was perfectly sized for Danica, and accentuated with gold and silver decorations so dainty Danica was half-afraid she would dislodge them all the moment she tried to put the gown on.