Danica Pt. 08

Story Info
Trying hard to forget her place works, with consequences.
23k words
4.79
34.2k
10

Part 9 of the 22 part series

Updated 11/27/2022
Created 02/24/2006
Share this Story

Font Size

Default Font Size

Font Spacing

Default Font Spacing

Font Face

Default Font Face

Reading Theme

Default Theme (White)
You need to Log In or Sign Up to have your customization saved in your Literotica profile.
PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Darkniciad
Darkniciad
1,280 Followers

Author's Notes:

This story is erotic fantasy, set in a world of magic. I reserve the right to be listed as the author of this work, wherever it is posted. If found posted anywhere except Literotica.com with this note attached, this story is posted without my permission. © Darkniciad 2000-2007

The sexual situations in this story will be far ranging, and may prove disturbing to some readers. Please be warned that the villains of the story are really evil, and the things they do are not glossed over, or toned down.

I make use of modern weights and measures quite often in my work, because those are the weights and measures of my fantasy world. I know many fantasy readers prefer more archaic terms, and I hope those readers can overlook my use of miles, feet, and other such measures.

You really need to read the previous parts of the story to know the characters and the storyline. This tale follows Danica in her day-to-day adventures, with the greater plot emerging slowly at first. Think of it more as a serial than a novel, and you'll be in the right mindset.

This is an edited version of this tale, making use of what I've learned since starting to post at Literotica, and the services of my tireless editor, Roust Writer.

{*****~~o~~0~~o~~*****}

Over the next several days, Danica, Celes, and Darius carefully detailed the path their work would take. All the while, Celes thoroughly searched the lab, confirming that the wand was not in the room. At night, they explored the house. Each covered the ground the other had the night before, just to ensure they didn't miss anything.

They found nothing of any magical interest within the house. It appeared that anything related to the Art was relegated to the workshop and Darius' private chambers. Danica reached into Celes' mind each night as they talked, and eventually succeeded in finding the beautiful self-image inside Celes again. After the first time, Danica found it easier to do again. The image was so perfect, so real, and so beautiful to Danica.

Danica took on the task of exploring the grounds. Celes could likely have done it just as easily under cover of magic, but she found it uncomfortable for women to see her as young and beautiful, knowing that even if they were attracted they could never touch her without knowing the truth. A woman lived in the garden house, serving as an assistant to the gardener, and that was enough to make Celes uncomfortable.

The woman's name was Gabrielle. Danica discovered it when she snuck into the garden house at night to find the woman on her knees, sucking the gardener's cock. He was moaning her name as she sucked him.

Danica could not help but look at the woman's body. She had dark brown hair, and slightly angular eyes that hinted at some Eastern blood in her ancestry. Her breasts were small, the nipples tiny, though she had large areoles. The hair surrounding her sex was as neatly trimmed as the hedges she worked in the gardens, cut so short as to be near invisible around her lips. Danica wondered what the woman saw in the man, who was unattractive, rail thin, and not well endowed.

Danica only realized how long she had been standing and staring when the gardener came with a grunt into Gabrielle's mouth. Danica saw a hint of something in the woman's eyes as Gabrielle swallowed his cum. The mixture of anger and longing from Gabrielle slammed into Danica like a physical force. Danica had to brace herself against the wall as the feelings assaulted her.

The gardener pulled up his trousers and returned to his own room. Gabrielle climbed up onto her bed and lay down hard on it. Danica still felt the rush of anger from the woman, but it slowly dulled. Gabrielle softly touched herself, and her anger fled completely. Danica could hear the woman's thoughts, angry that the man forced her to suck him, angrier still that she got no reciprocate pleasuring from him. She cursed her foolishness in letting her employer discover she lay with women as well as men, necessitating her several times daily ritual to keep him quiet. She feared that if he revealed it that she would lose her work here.

Her thoughts slowly drifted as her fingers worked more quickly. Danica shuddered as she watched the woman come to a soft, quiet orgasm from her touch, feeling the woman's pleasure through the link to her. The mental link to the woman's arousal had fanned Danica's desire until she almost came without being touched.

Danica at last mastered her need and managed to leave, but she shared Gabrielle's anger at the gardener when she left to make her way back to her room. She let Celes know what she had discovered on the grounds, which was little more than Gabrielle's situation.

Celes quietly summarized what they'd both learned. "Well then, we know almost without a doubt that the wand is in the man's private chambers then. The web of protective magic around that door is a labyrinth of traps, and disarming them will be nearly impossible without being detected by the magic. It would be doubly difficult because you have to be visible to work the magic."

Danica shook her head. "We could never do it, even if we put the entire household into a magical slumber. The man is a master of warding spells, quite obviously."

"Trying is likely to lead to a battle. It's not something I want to do, and I don't believe it's a course Zoraster wishes for us to take, from the way he outlined this task to us."

"He never opens the door or deactivates the magic except when he enters and leaves the room. I'm going to have to get him to take me there," Danica said.

"Seduce him? He doesn't seem all that interested in such, though I'd be willing to wager that if any could change his mind, it would be you," Celes said with a smile that was breathtaking to Danica as she looked at the woman through the eyes of magic, seeing her young and beautiful as she should be.

"It seems that is the course then," Celes continued. "I suppose I can concentrate on learning while you concentrate on piquing the man's interest."

Danica thought, It's not like it will be such an onerous task. Darius is attractive, well-spoken, mannerly, and quite charming. I wonder what wonderful secrets he's hiding beneath his robes?

The two women went to their rooms and their beds. Danica pulled out her toy, sating the needs of her body while thinking about Celes, as she did nightly now.

{*****~~o~~0~~o~~*****}

The next day, they completed the first stage of their work. With the item fully outlined, they knew exactly the course they must take if they were to have any hope of succeeding in the ambitious enchanting of the staff.

Danica considered the materials as she looked over the notes. "It will certainly have to be crafted of a living branch, taken from the tree and not deadfall. I honestly don't believe that anything short of Elven Silver Maple could possibly hold this much power."

"I was coming to that conclusion as well," Darius replied.

"If you were willing to forego a few things -- the Ball Lightning, and Cone of Cold enchantments in particular -- I think we could use Vallenwood as the medium." Danica suggested, speaking of the immense trees that grew so large that full-sized homes could be built in their branches.

Darius shook his head. "Those are the greatest of the item's offensive magics, and it does not have so many to begin with."

Celes offered, "Elven Silver Maple isn't easily obtained -- even deadfall. The elves let none enter their woods uninvited, and they certainly don't allow anyone to cut branches from the living trees."

"I know, I have heard such from those who have ventured near the elven wood, but there must be some way," Darius said with a slightly frustrated sigh.

Danica sat up straighter and looked over to Darius. "There are elven woods nearby? I'm not familiar with this area."

Darius nodded. "Yes, perhaps a league -- maybe two -- to the North. Elves even occasionally come into the city to trade and take passage to other lands."

Danica caressed her chin in thought for a moment and then said, "I think I should go into the city to see what I can learn about the temperament of the local elves. Are there certain places they tend to go when they come to the city?"

"Yes, they trade almost exclusively with only a few merchants and only one sea captain."

"That's where I should ask then."

"We could make a day of it," Darius suggested with a smile. "I could show you both around the city as Andrea does her research."

Celes shook her head and held up a hand. "Not me. I'm not feeling up to traipsing about in the city. The sea air doesn't agree with me, I'm afraid."

"I have a rather extensive collection of remedies both magical and mundane that could ease any discomfort you are experiencing Celes. You need but to ask."

"No, it's all right. I don't have any problems while I'm indoors, but the moment I try to walk out that door, it's like the wetness of the air steals my breath. I'll remain here and study. The two of you go and enjoy yourselves, and learn what you can."

Darius nodded in deference to Celes' wish. "Very well. Though if you change your mind, seek out one of my servants and they can convey you to me. They all seem to know how to find me in the city no matter where I go. I would be doubly pleased to have the company of two beautiful and intelligent women for a day of leisure."

Celes actually blushed. "Go on now," she said and waved them out the door.

They left Celes to her studies in the lab and went out into the hall, "I believe I shall change into something a little less comfortable. My family would collectively faint if anyone were to see me leaving the house dressed as a ragamuffin," Darius said with a laugh.

"I'll find something more appropriate than my robes for wandering around town in as well. I'll meet you outside if I'm dressed first. Unlike Celes, I'm ready to be out of the house for a while."

"Very well, for the moment, then..." he said, bowing before making his way toward his chambers.

Danica changed, and then walked to the entrance when she did not see Darius. Stepping outside, she took in a deep breath of the sea air, truly pleased to be outside the house.

She was surprised when, after several minutes, Darius had still not exited the house. One of the servants noticed her and informed her that the man took a notoriously long time to prepare before going out into the city. Danica thanked the man for the information, content to enjoy the sight of the sea while she waited.

Gabrielle came to the front of the house to trim the hedges that lined the path leading to the house. The gardener moved to work on the other side of the path. Danica walked up to the woman as Gabrielle carefully trimmed the hedges with small shears. "You do beautiful work."

"Thank you, Milady," the gardener pridefully responded.

"I was speaking to Gabrielle," Danica said somewhat snappishly without looking at the man. She then smiled at Gabrielle and asked, "That is your name isn't it? I heard it from someone in the house."

"Yes, it is," Gabrielle replied, matching Danica's smile. "Thank you for the compliment, Milady."

Danica waved her hand in a dismissive gesture. "Enough of this Milady nonsense -- please call me Andrea."

They talked for short while, Danica pointedly ignoring the man on the other side of the path. He eventually stomped off in a huff. Gabrielle quietly giggled as the man left, covering her face with her hand.

"You're not very fond of him, are you? I don't care much for him either, and I've only just met him."

Gabrielle stifled another laugh. "Not really. I enjoy the work, though. It is not he who pays me, so I endure him."

They talked for a while longer, until the gardener returned to announce, "Gabrielle, you have work to be done in the garden house."

A faint flash of anger crossed Gabrielle's face and Danica could guess what work Gabrielle's supervisor had in mind.

"It has been pleasant to talk with you, Andrea," Gabrielle said, and then nodded by way of a farewell as she followed the gardener back around the back of the house.

Danica almost growled aloud. In that moment, she determined that she was going to do something about Gabrielle's situation before she left this place -- one way, or another.

Darius stepped out of the front door. He was dressed in fine clothing and wore a bright smile as well. Danica fell into step with him, and they followed the hedge-lined path side-by-side out into the city.

Darius suggested they try the docks first. They discovered the captain that the elves usually dealt with was in port and sought him out. Danica asked him about the temperament and customs of the elves in the area.

"Aye, they're typical elves -- haughty, secretive, and not terribly welcoming to anyone who's not elven. I have special spacious cabins on my ship, it's the only reason the elves will travel with me. They can stay below and away from the crew for the entire voyage," the captain informed her.

Danica nodded. "I expected as much. Thank you for your time, good captain."

"Indeed, you have our thanks, Sir. Please take this for your time," Darius said and handed the man a few coins.

The captain raised his eyebrows, seeing the amount of coin Darius offered for something so simple. "I'll let you in on something for the color of this coin. There's something bad brewing in the elven wood, and you'd best be extra careful around any elves you see. They're more snappish and suspicious than ever right now."

"Thank you again, Captain," Danica responded. Then she and Darius turned to move out of the docks area and onward into the city.

Darius showed her around the city, stopping at all the places reputed to trade with elves. In each, they received the same sort of information -- and the same warning.

"It doesn't look good," Danica mused as they walked toward the edge of the merchant district.

"There is one more place to check. Don't give up hope until all hope is lost, Andrea," Darius admonished with a smile. "Perhaps we shall find something useful at our next stop that can bring us closer to the Silver..." Darius trailed off, sniffing the air. He immediately changed the subject. "Ah, the old healer will have to wait." Darius pointed toward an inn off the side of the road and continued, "My favorite inn, and I smell the distinctive scent of beef. I am so weary of seafood. Let us go dine before we continue on."

Danica's stomach rumbled from the mention of food and the scent, which was indeed quite appetizing. "That sounds fine," she said with a smile.

Danica took the opportunity to begin her campaign to attract the man's attentions. She did her best to make the meal feel like a date among lovers. Danica shyly smiled when she caught a few glances from Darius that were not exactly studious.

They continued to chat and learn about each other throughout the meal and the walk to their next destination. Danica took his hand in hers as they made their way from the inn to the healer's dwelling, which doubled as an apothecary and herbalist shop.

When they entered, they found the woman who owned the shop speaking with another woman in a voluminous cloak. Only the woman's stance revealed her as female to Danica, because the cloak hid any other evidence.

"We've seen it as well -- a few farmsteads between here and the wood. We know no more than you, and have had less success in treating it," the healer said to the shrouded woman.

The shoulders of the woman in the cloak slumped. "I had hoped -- prayed -- that an answer might be here. My people burn up and pass away while I chase ghosts," the woman said. Her voice was musical, almost alien. Danica knew the quality well and knew the woman was an elf.

"I'll be with you in a moment -- if it's not an emergency?" the healer asked, noticing the new arrivals in her shop.

The woman in the cloak turned, and her face confirmed her elven ancestry. Her expression revealed that she was not at all amused by the presence of the humans.

"It's no emergency. We simply wish to speak with you," Danica replied, nudging Darius when he looked as though he was about to speak.

The old woman nodded and turned back to her elven customer. "I had hoped perhaps you might have an answer when you came in as well. I have seen too many already -- fine one moment, burning up with fever the next, and dead before the week ends."

The description of the sickness hit Danica like a bolt of force. "The women afflicted with the sickness -- do they have reddish sores, like blisters, here?" Danica asked and put her hand down between her legs.

Both women turned upon hearing Danica's description. The old healer said, "Yes. Is someone you know afflicted?"

"No, I've known those who have been. I also know the means by which most of them may be saved," Danica said, approaching the pair with Darius following behind her.

The old healer asked, "Are you sure? The last thing we need now is false hope."

Danica nodded. "This sickness seems to be slowly spreading everywhere. It was rarely seen for a long time, but reappeared when I was a small girl. My sister and mother both contracted the illness. An old midwife in the village knew the cure, it having been passed down faithfully despite decades of the sickness never surfacing. They both recovered."

The old woman quickly gathered up pen and parchment. "Out with it then. There is no time to lose. This sickness snuffs out lives like candles in a whirlwind. I have seen too many homes quarantined and burned once its occupants succumbed already."

The elven woman pulled back the hood of her cloak, listening intently as Danica described the potions, their ingredients, how to administer the medicine, and the other details of treating the illness.

When Danica finished, the healer quickly scribbled a few more notes, and then scrambled around her shop, screaming two names all the while. Two young women answered that call and quickly following their mother's hasty orders.

"If this works, I'll praise your name until the day I die, and I'll haunt these two daughters of mine until the day they die if they don't do the same. Quickly, Ariella, get those herbs into a bag," the woman said as she and her daughters continued to gather up the ingredients for the potions.

The elven woman said, "Know that my people shall also be eternally grateful should your cure stave off this black sickness. Our queen shows the first signs, and may have already succumbed to the fever while I flew here in desperation." With those words, the shrouded elf hurried out the door.

Darius followed on her heels. He stopped a farmer with a horse drawn wagon and tried to commandeer the vehicle to convey the women wherever they were going. When the farmer argued, Darius reached into his pocket and shoved a purse of coins into the man's hand. He then proceeded to shove the previous owner of the wagon out of the driver's seat.

The farmer screamed in protest, but then noticed the gold coins that had spilled from the pouch when he had landed on the ground. His eyes widened, and he gathered up the coins to scamper quickly away with a wide smile.

Danica and the healer, along with the two daughters, came out a few moments later, all burdened with bags. Danica and Darius helped them get the sacks in the wagon, and then the healer and her daughters climbed up onto the seat board.

"You two just stay here. I know we don't catch the sickness, but there's no way of knowing for sure you don't. I'll seek out Darius if there is any news or any need," the old woman said, and then snapped the reins with a loud "Hyah!" The wagon moved with steadily increasing speed down the street, toward the edge of the city.

A small crowd had gathered to see what the commotion was about, and a city guardsman pushed his way through, dragging a protesting farmer. "I caught him, Goodman Darius. He'll not be running away with your coin this day."

Darkniciad
Darkniciad
1,280 Followers