All Comments on 'Dawn over Sun Valley Ch. 08'

by small_town_girl

Sort by:
  • 55 Comments
JasonRTaylorJasonRTaylorover 8 years ago
Yay!

Well I'm not sure how you managed it to be quite honest I'm still kind of lost in the whirlwind.

But it's a happy whirlwind :)

Wonderful story miLady, thank you so much for sharing it!

Jason

NKKMDNKKMDover 8 years ago
Yeeaaupp

Loved it!!!

Look forward to your next effort:-))

thalt992000thalt992000over 8 years ago
Feel like

There feels like you left room to pick up these two in another story or maybe should have put a epilogue to make it feel more finished.

SirBigfootSirBigfootover 8 years ago
Great story

Great work. I personally would like more chapters. like her wedding, does she go to her fathers wedding? What happens with Todd and Tammy? etc so many directions you could go.

mammoetmammoetover 8 years ago
great story

could use some more chapters, please go on.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Congratulations

The characters are REAL people. Congratulations.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Epilogue-please!!

Epilogue - Please?!! I know, I know, the November challenge and all that, but....

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Not Complete

Great Story, the last chapter was a little rushed, I agree with some of the other comments. It needs another chapter or three.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Yeah, what they said

MORE!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Totally agree with the majority that are the SMARTER folks, a few more chapters or at least an epilogue!!

So well written, even at the speedy pace and that means for us, as the loyal readers that when paced your work could be even more profound. Simply a great read and the talent of the writer shows depth and the ability to work the HELL outta of a story line.

BRAVO!!!

d2talld2tallover 8 years ago
MORE!!!

It would be great to see his Dad's joy and Tammy too. And what about Elaine. Please more. Loved it. THANKS!?

robo057robo057over 8 years ago
Not finished, surely?

I agree with the other comments, story seemed rushed in the end and plenty of scope for more. Really got hooked on the characters and their dramas, please consider a bit more to complete.

gldngolfergldngolferover 8 years ago
Not finished yet

I have enjoyed the story very much, but you are not finished yet.

Wrap it up. Job well done so far.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

Gosh give us an epilogue!!

Crying all throughout the chapter i could barely breathe!!

fixer43fixer43over 8 years ago
Seems to be a concensus..

I know you wanted to finish the story in a month, and you succeeded, but it begs for a sequel, or at the very least, an epilogue chapter. (Morning over Sun Valley?). Please consider that as a December 'project'.

Meanwhile, I'll be busy going back to rate every chapter as 5*. You have shown yourself to be worthy of the top 10 Hall of Fame.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
More

Agree with all the other comments.

MasterfuljimMasterfuljimover 8 years ago
More ?

Darn right we want more. An eppylog for sure but knowing you as I do I bet you've already got summat churning in your head??

As for this one?...A lovely story that thoroughly deserves its slot in the HoF and its fantastic score. Well done STG.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
What a great read

Wow, seems all your readers are just old romantic's from these comments.

But, they do have a very good point, a great story that perhaps could be just a teasy weasy bit better with a further chapter on what happen next.

I really enjoy your work.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Thank you Sweetness

Definiely destined for HoF! I woul appreciate an epilogue. Us Joes know how to take care of our wives, princesses, and children, so you need to cover that a bit.

irishcream44irishcream44over 8 years ago
Thanks !

Appreciate your effort and the result

ddrapermadmenddrapermadmenover 8 years ago
Weak ending

Just sort of petered out there at the end... did not do the whole body of work justice. Needs follow up.

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlover 8 years agoAuthor
you guys are the best! :)

wow. okay. i was NOT expecting that! okay, so i was hoping for something in that direction, yeah... but this level of support is officially mind blowing. THANK YOU all!

am i going to write an epilogue? not sure yet. i mean, you guys all know where the story goes from here, don't you? ...then again, when 21 people tell me "right the damn epilogue!" i should probably listen. so, i promise to think about it. and maybe, just maybe, if you keep being *so* nice to me in the ratings... maybe i'll do something nice for y'all in return, too, just in time for Christmas... #justsaying

@JasonRTaylor - your comments and feedback throughout this story were spot-on and hugely helpful and encouraging, even when you were not happy with me and/or the characters one bit! thank you so very much for the time you've taken to write detailed, thoughtful feedback, both here and over PM. i appreciate it very, very much.

@NKKMD - thanks! check my profile for some more stories and links in the meantime...

@thalt - yes, there's the possibility of (at least) another story located on Sun Valley Farm. however it'll take me a while to get to it because there are more pressing projects i'd like to get to first... we'll see :)

@SirBigfoot - some great questions and ideas there. i'll give it a thought!

@mammoet, @d2tall, @robo057, @gldngolfer, @fixer43 @irishcream44 - thanks! i will give an epilogue a serious thought. i promise!

@Masterfuljim - thank you so much! as you can see, i've been 1-bombed the hell out of the HOF for the time being... c'est la vie. hopefully the Lit Gods will do their magic and clean up the votes so that it is back up there. at least i got the screenshot to prove it was there for a while...

@ddrapermadmen - i'd love to hear more about what didn't work for you with this ending, or what i could do, in your opinion, to make it stronger. please feel free to comment and/or PM me with your thoughts!

thank you all once more for commenting, favoriting and voting on this story. it's been a hell of a ride, and a ton of fun, if stressful at times... :)

xoxo,

Annie

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Epilogue

An epilogue is required! Please! I want to see them returning to the farm, with their family, forgiving her father, weding, Tammy romance...

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Epic

Not the End, its hanging

The story, its cast and your readers out here need some more

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Loved this whole story

I really loved this story. It was wonderfully romantic but still very sexy. I also appreciated the references to The Princess Bride for some much needed humor. Again great job.

sdsmansdsmanover 8 years ago
Wrap up please

Although the story is complete and it's great, it needs a slight bit of wrap up. The fact that you were able to complete this is 30 days is amazing, but it's a great read. I hope to read more from you in the future, Thanks

PeperePepereover 8 years ago
Definitely and epilogue

This can't end without the joy that Tammy and their dad will experience with the news. Tammy's & Todd's relationship also has to surface to establish the future of Sun Valley Farm.

billybardbillybardover 8 years ago
You did it!

Hi ya S_T_G:

Yes, you really did it, in the allotted time.

BUT ... you left all your readers (and the "real" end of the story) hanging!!!

Either more chapters, preferably, or a very long Epilogue is required to put a proper ending to this wonderful story.

Yes, take a well-deserved break from the crunch and time warp--then seriously give a lot of thought to how you really want to end this story, both for you and also for all of us readers in Lit-land anxiously waiting for a proper closure to the "first installment" of the happenings at Sun Valley Farms.

Wunnerful, wunnerful, wunnerful.

dennybrosedennybroseover 8 years ago

I read through this whole story and enjoyed each chapter (so it would've been redundant to comment on each one unless there was a specific problem lol). My favorite aspect of it is that a lot of times writers will include something heartbreaking that the reader won't want to read but they won't go through with it; they'll just hint at it but then pull a "NAH JUST KIDDING I'LL GIVE YOU A HAPPY ENDING WITHOUT THE DRAMA." Sometimes it's good to just experience that ultimate shitty moment before the happy ending so that way it feels like the reader's rewarded. So I'm glad you included the break-up and the emotions involved and having her slowly go back to Elaine's and slowly reconcile with Joe. That's what kept me invested in these characters, that I could feel with them rather than just be told how they felt and expect to feel later lol.

This was great. I loved your writing (although the dialogue stuttering was getting to be a bit much I'll admit) and the overall flow of the story. You included and excluded just enough detail to not be hindrances. Thank you for sharing and I'm glad you reached your goal :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
More

Let us see for sure Leanne is pregnant and how everyone else takes the happy news.

small_town_girlsmall_town_girlover 8 years agoAuthor
okay, okay, you guys WIN!

when 30 different people tell me 'there needs to be an epilogue', i get that there needs to be an epilogue.

so, i sent a few hours plotting it, and i think i've got something good to work with. BUT - it is not going to be an 'epilogue', but rather a stand-alone short story titled Christmas at Sun Valley, and i am going to submit it to the Literotica Winter Holiday Contest. so - you guys who have asked for it; i am doing this for you - so you should do your part and VOTE FOR IT when it's up!

okay. deadline for submission is Dec. 7, which means i need to start writing!

wish me luck!!!

xoxo

Annie

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Love it!

I've been hooked on this story! Fantastic!

Can not wait to read the epilogue!

WindySwimmingWindySwimmingover 8 years ago
Loved It, Too!

As a volunteer editor I read a lot and have been fortunate to work with some very good writers. This series is one the best I have ever read. And as a California native & NorCal raised, I'm so favorably biased about the exposition. Well done & kudos!

Yet_Another_UserYet_Another_Userover 8 years ago

Good luck to you on your not-quite-an-epilog. I've enjoyed getting to know all of these people and am looking forward to spending some more time with them in what will undoubtedly be a well-crafted tale.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
More

Why are you just sitting there enjoying your well deserved praises. Please, please, get busy on you next story. I loved it!

mysteryman196mysteryman196over 8 years ago
Needs an epilo...., oh wait...

Hi Small_Town_Girl,

I haven't commented the last couple of chapters, because real life came up and I had to attend to it, and only actually read chapter 6 - 8 this evening. I see you've been busy, and have more or less completed this amazing story. I have to agree with the others about the story needing an epilogue. I hope that it's as well thought out and well written as the story itself. Admittedly, I was somehow able to get over the anger I had for how Joe had been acting over the last couple of chapters, but I think it had something to do with how Leeanne seemed to forgive him automatically for it. You smoothed it over rather well, in my opinion. Well done! I'm looking forward to the epilogue, and of course more of your stories in this genre.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Love Leanne

I love how Leanne is so blunt and honest. You did an amazing job of making her feel real! Also your description of the green hills in Northern California was spot on. Loved every chapter!

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Great Story

I had this whole comment written out and then lost it, so I will try and remember the gist of what I said, ha. So I read this chapter soon after it was posted, waited a few days, and read it again before commenting. I really liked the way Joe's dad dealt with Leanne's father, and the way that Joe had a self-realization moment there that he had been acting a bit childish about the whole thing. It was written quite well, and I thought his dad was wise. I still thought the whole 'surprise, you're pregnant' thing after forgetting the protection one time was a bit cliche, although I know it happens in real life. I did appreciate that her friend urged her to tell him, though. I thought the story remained strong without that little plot blip. That's just my humble opinion though. (FYI, I'm the 'Strong work' anon from the previous chapter). All in all, it was a great story with a happy ending. The best kind.

swrdswrdover 8 years ago
agree- need more

it does feel as if the last chapter was rushed.

Al in all this this one anazing well writen story!

Thanks STG for sharing it with us you are one gifted writer :)

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
More than liked it!

I very much enjoyed your story, characters, and plot. Great mix. I'm having a little trouble typing since I seem to be a bit misty eyed! Thank you so much for a wonderful read! Mike

AnonymousAnonymousabout 8 years ago
A Few Good Stories

I have read many contributions on this site - a few were outstanding. After reading your story, the bar has been raised much higher.

For your first time writing a romance, I can only conclude that your talent has been latent in some far distant land. Of all the stories I have read, this one is number 1.

Thank you for your time and effort. The lessons you taught did not go without notice. You are a very special person.

ParttimereaderParttimereaderalmost 8 years ago
Wanted more and money didn't add up.

Good but finished a bit abruptly. Maybe now the month is over an epilogue.

Returning to farm, what about her studies? Just a mum or a vet as well. Growing closer to Tammy and Michael. Living what she always thought was a dream.

Also not sure what a fair wage is but 5 months, 12 hours a day, 6 days a week (2 half days off) at $10 hour is over $14000. A lot to give the old man to payback $2000.

ParttimereaderParttimereaderalmost 8 years ago
Feeling satisfied

Just found Christmas at Sun Valley :-)

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago
wow - great story

I had tears in my eyes when she was ill & left the farm. It was easy to guess that she was pregnant & did end a bit abruptly, albeit with a happy ending. I was gripped throughout the story & congratulate you on your writing style which got me hooked from the start.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 8 years ago

Still one of my favorite dramas here in lit. Gosh, Ithink this is the fourth time I reread this... and it tears me up good each time :)))

TheOldRomanticTheOldRomanticover 7 years ago
Absolutely great!

The story has been fantastic and great.

I know I've read the ending before the beginning, so I will not spoil the story, but ... Thanks for writing it and sharing it with us, even if it's a year late for me.

5 * for, because you can not give more here.

I apologize for my English (yet), is not my native language.

drdetroit019drdetroit019about 7 years ago
It kept getting better.

However, still needs more!!

Avidreader3142Avidreader3142over 6 years ago
What a finish!

Loved the story, but was resigned to it all ending in tears; still can't believe how you managed to make it all turn out so right. One of the best stories I've read here, well done and thank you.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 3 years ago

No comments for 3yrs? Not fair! Great story and well told, I’d have loved for the couple to have returned home and for his Dad to see the ring again, or even to have found out the baby’s name, Claire Josephine perhaps?

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Great story. Loved the characters. My heart is full. Thank you! ❤️

PurplefizzPurplefizzover 2 years ago

Excellent story, yes I’d have liked a return to the farm, and an epilogue with their children running around them, but I know the author was pushed for time and word space when this was written, thanks for writing and posting, cheers, Ppfzz.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

Not Inigo Montoya. It was Miracle Max.

Smiffy69Smiffy69about 1 year ago

Real heart in mouth stuff at times. Could do with an epilogue though. Maybe even a double wedding.

Privates1stClassPrivates1stClass6 months ago

I started off by reading Christmas at Sun Valley, then realized there was more to the story, so I followed through by reading these eight chapters.

I've been reading stories on LIT since 2009, and I must say this is one of the best I've read in all those years. How or why I missed it, I don't know, but I'm glad I found it. Thanks for your effort to create a romance that I'll never forget.

ncdeepdiverncdeepdiver3 months ago

I didn't want the story to end!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous