Dawn over Sun Valley Ch. 08

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Joe nodded.

Michael McConnel studied his son intently.

"And yet, you love her."

He swallowed hard. "With all my heart, dad."

"Well then." his father said conversationally. "You don't exactly make an exemplary Westley, now, do you?"

Joe gasped. "I -"

His father rose to his feet. "Although you do look like you've been put through The Machine down at the Pit of Despair. I'll give you that"

Joe was rendered speechless. His father chuckled. "You can go after your princess, farm boy, but not before we hear Mr. Richardson out. Now, Tammy is probably getting frantic. Let's go."

Joe took his father's offered hand and let him help him to his feet. Just as they were stepping inside, his phone buzzed in his pocket, indicating an incoming message. His step faltered, and he paused to take a look.

*Yes, I'm okay. I'll call tonight. L.*

He had to lean against the wall as relief swamped him, fierce and sweet. He took another moment to compose himself, and then stood up, walked into the kitchen, and took his seat next to his family, across the table from William Richardson and his fiancé.

*

"Th-thank you for - for this." William Richardson's gravelly voice shook badly as he gestured around the table, where the five of them sat, each with a steaming hot, ignored cup of coffee in front of them.

The older man swallowed hard and coughed a few times. Joe watched his fiance squeeze his fingers, giving him an encouraging look. Mr. Richardson nodded, and returned his eyes to his father's.

"I came here to tell you how sorry I am, how sorry I have been every single day since - since I -" he heaved a breath, and it came out shuddering while tears filled his eyes and slipped down his creased, hollowed cheeks. "I made a horrible, horrible mistake, and there's no way I can undo it. I am so, so, sorry."

The older man sniffled hard, and managed to contain himself enough to continue.

"I have grieved for your wife - for Claire - every single day since. Every day, I've thought of her - of you, of your kids. How I've hurt you. The pain I had caused." He gulped. "I am so sorry." he whispered. "I know nothing I can say will change anything, but I wanted you to know that. I am sorry."

Joe's father breathed deep, and finally nodded. "Thank you." Joe saw his eyes were red-rimmed, as well. Tammy and Melissa were both wiping at their cheeks.

Joe cleared his throat. There were no coincidences, he thought. But for once, he wasn't being paranoid; only curious to learn the truth. It had to have something to do with Leanne. He wanted to know everything before they spoke tonight. He wanted no more secrets between them, ever again.

"What - what made you come here today, after all these years?"

William and Melissa exchanged looks, and, at his nod, she reached into her purse and pulled out an envelope. It carried the Sun Valley Farm logo.

Michael looked between the envelope, the couple in front of them, and his own children. "What's that?"

Mr. Richardson looked undecided, and then replied haltingly. "I - I know this - I know the money was never the point to you, Mr. McConnel. But I still owe you some - some of the compensations."

Michael looked back and forth between Tammy and Mr. Richardson. "I don't understand. The compensation was paid in full right after the trial ended, no?"

Mr. Richardson shook his head, and Tammy intervened. "Technically, a tiny portion of it remained, dad. I've seen it in the books; I just never mentioned it because, well, you know."

Mr. Richardson cleaned his throat. "It's not a lot, but it is your money, and I wanted you to have it."

Michael shook his head and sat back. "I don't want any money, Mr. Richardson. As far as I'm concerned, that debt had been paid and done with more than nineteen years ago. I appreciate your coming here to say you're sorry. I do. Please, don't insult me with this." He pushed the envelope across the table toward William.

Melissa fidgeted uncomfortably in her chair, and then spoke up.

"Um, technically, the money is already in your bank, Mr. McConnel. We just - just wanted to let you know."

Michael looked startled between her and Tammy. "What? How?"

Joe could see understanding rise in his sister's gaze even as she reached a shaky hand to the white paper rectangle. And she was looking at him as she hesitated opening it. What the fuck?

With a determined set of her shoulders, his sister tore the envelope open, and pulled out a piece of paper, though he could see there were more inside. She read it out loud.

"To: The McConnel Family

Please use any outstanding payments directed to me to cover the remaining debt of Mr. William Richardson.

Signed: Leanne Sommers."

There was silence around the table. For long moments, nobody spoke.

"When - when did you see Leanne?" Joe forced himself to look into William Richardson's eyes. The man lowered his gaze.

"I - I didn't. She wouldn't meet with me."

"Then - how?" He choked.

"She met me, a couple of days ago." Melissa interjected quietly. "And she brought me the envelope. I was blown away, I had no idea she worked here, and certainly no clue that she was saving up her paychecks to - to help us."

"Why would she do that?" His sister's voice surprised him. "She told me a little bit about her childhood. I know you have not been part of her life since the accident." Tammy looked straight into William Richardson's eyes, but she didn't sound accusatory. Rather, she sounded like she really wanted to know.

William shook his head helplessly. "I really don't know. I had no idea about any of this."

Again, it was Melissa who spoke up. "I met with her about eight months ago. I tried to get her to meet with her father, but she refused. She did ask me then when we were getting married and I told her there was no date set, and likely won't be any, since William won't marry me as long as he wasn't debt-free, and there was no way he was going to be able to pay this. She just said 'I'm sorry." I thought that was it. Then, two days ago, she called, and then gave me these checks. Told me it was her wedding gift to us, and that she hoped we'd be happy."

Be happy. He made her promise that, too.

Everyone fell silent. And then his father's voice sounded, in a deadpan imitation of Inigo Montoya: "True love! You could not ask for a more noble cause than that." then he changed his pitch, taking on the exact nasal tone of Miracle Max. "Sonny, true love is the greatest thing in the world. Except for a nice M.L.T." He even smacked his lips.

Joe barked a laugh, and then, unable to sit any longer, he jumped to his feet. "I gotta go."

His father winked at him. "Yes, you do."

Tammy looked between them. "What did I miss?"

"I'll fill you in later." he promised. "Joe, good luck, son. Don't come back without her."

*

Sam, Steve and Sophia were all dressed as Minions, and were the cutest kids ever to go trick-or-treating. Jim and Elaine donned matching goggles and crazy purple hair, and the family had left the house at five PM with plans to conclude the holiday tradition at Chuck-E-Cheese's, giving Leanne ample privacy.

Elaine left Leanne with a huge bowl of candy to hand out, a quick hug and a whispered "Call him!" before she joined the rest of her family for the adventurous festivities. Leanne merely nodded.

The next hour was busy with kids ringing the front door every few moments. But with sunset the steady stream dwindled down to a trickle. Looking at her almost-empty bowl of candy Leanne decided she could no longer postpone the inevitable. She closed the curtains facing the street and turned off the porch lights, locked the door, and flopped down on the sofa, phone in hand.

She placed the call and held her breath until it connected. Joe picked up on the first ring.

"Hey." he sounded anxious. There was some undefinable background noise.

"Hey." she mumbled, unsure what to say.

"Are you at Elaine's?"

"Um - yes. Why?"

"How's the bump?"

His question threw her off at first - how can he know about the bump?! - and then she realized he was asking about her head.

"Oh - it's gone, I think. Mostly." She felt tongue tied.

"Good. Good." There were some more indescribable noises around him, and then it sounded like he was walking outside. "What about your dizziness? You haven't fainted again, have you?"

She felt close to it right then, with her heart beating so crazily. "No, no. I'm good. I promise." She knew she was stalling. You need to tell him, Leanne. She was just about to open her mouth when the doorbell rang loudly.

"Just a sec, Joe. I need to get the door and hand out candy. Hold on."

Keeping the phone pressed between her shoulder and her ear Leanne reached for the candy bowl and unlocked the door, swinging it open even as she pasted a smile on.

The smile froze on her face as her phone plopped on to the carpet below, as did the plastic bowl.

Joe was standing in front of her, waving his phone at her. "Trick or treat?" he said lamely, and then, probably seeing the color leave her face, reached out to grab her arms before she fell.

*

"Hey, hey! I thought you said you were feeling good! Shit. Come here."

Joe wrapped his arms around Leanne's trembling form and then, in one decisive move, picked her up in his arms and walked into the living room to sit down in one of the recliners with Leanne cuddled in his arms.

She twisted until her shocked eyes could find his. "Joe! What the hell are you doing here?"

"I came for you, princess."

"You came for me? What does that even mean?"

Joe chuckled. "Sorry. That was me referencing Westley. I forget you don't know the movie by heart yet."

"Joe, I - I don't understand. Your father -"

"Knows who you are, and knows that I love you, and that I intend to bring you back to Sun Valley with me. In fact, his words were, and I quote, 'don't come back without her.'"

"But - how?" She looked dazed.

"I'll tell you all about it later. There's something I need to do first."

"Oh?" The tiny lilt of her mouth told him she was onto him, and Joe smiled wide.

"Yeah."

Her lips were already open in invitation when he met them with his own.

*

When she came up for air she was straddling his hips, and his hands were each grabbing an ass cheek, urging her to grind her the spread, jean-covered apex of her thighs against his solid ridge. Leanne pulled back and inhaled deep.

"Joe - Joe, stop. We can't do this. Not here, anyway. Elaine and her family will be here soon."

He wasn't really listening. His mouth moved to her exposed neck, and his nibbles there were driving her insane. "Joe, please -"

Reluctantly, he drew back. "Okay. Not here. Come back to my hotel room with me."

Leanne bit her lip, and then nodded shyly. "Okay."

He sat up straight, holding her closer to his chest. "Okay? Really?"

Leanne giggled. "We have two months of catching up to do, cowboy. I've even been too depressed to do my homework properly; I think I may need some special tutoring."

Joe's arms tightened around her as he took her mouth in a swift, hot kiss, before pulling back and looking in her eyes. "If you're telling me you've been a bad girl, princess, I'm be more than happy to play it that way, too."

Her pussy clenched, even if she wasn't sure exactly what he meant by that. She only knew the delicious glint in his eyes and the dark undertone of his words made her heart race and her insides melt.

"I've never done it at a hotel room before, you know. Last time I asked, you refused." she reminded him teasingly.

Joe groaned and pushed up, making her slide slowly down the length of his body until she stood more or less steadily on her own two feet. "I am eternally glad then that the only room left in the whole of Sacramento was in one of the nicest hotels in town. I'm going to treat you right tonight, princess. And every single night from now on, too."

She was trembling with need, and they haven't even gotten naked yet. "Let's go." She breathed.

"Wait. Let's get your stuff first. I want to drive back to Sun Valley in the morning."

"Um, we can't go right at dawn. I have an appointment scheduled tomorrow."

"An appointment? What, like at the hair salon or something?"

Leanne started to answer, and then stopped herself. Just to be on the safe side, she will keep her news until *after* their night at the hotel. She wasn't taking any chances in ruining the mood right now!

"Yeah. Or something. Point is, I'll have time to pack up in the morning." She took a step back and tugged his hand to have him follow. "Now, are you going to treat me right tonight at the fancy hotel, cowboy?"

He grabbed her around the waist and kissed her silly before taking her hand and practically marching her out the door, pausing just long enough to let her lock up after her.

*

On the way over, Leanne texted to Elaine.

*Don't freak out. Joe came over. I'm spending the night at his hotel.*

Her response was almost instantaneous.

*Eeek!! Have fun!! xoxo*

Leanne giggled, and Joe threw her a look from across the truck's cabin. "What?"

She winked. "Elaine approves of our shenanigans."

"Shenanigans. How old are you, again?"

Her smile broadened. "Old enough for shenanigans to be legal."

He nodded. "Right. Not complaining." and stepped on the gas.

*

With the heavy door to his room closed behind him Joe stood, and watched Leanne look around the elegant setting with a bit of a star-struck expression. He was thankful for the small distraction. His nerves were making him queasy.

The ring was burning a hole in his pocket.

Leanne turned to look at him. "Okay, cowboy. I'm seriously impressed." she smiled.

He took a step forward, and then another, and another, until they were almost touching, and then guided her the couple of steps back to sit down on the snowy-white down comforter, and kneeled in front of her.

"Leanne, I - I have a confession to make."

Her eyes widened as he took her hands in his, and she nodded at him nervously. "Oh - okay."

"I didn't bring you here tonight just for - for shenanigans and private lessons. I want all that, too, but I really needed to ask you something."

A tiny crease appeared on her smooth forehead, and she sobered. "Okay, ask away."

His shaking fingers fumbled in his pocket until they grabbed the ring, its smooth surface slippery against his pads. He closed his eyes, sent a prayer to the heavens, and then presented the ring to her, trembling so bad he just hoped it wouldn't slip his hold.

"Will you marry me, Leanne?"

His eyes locked with hers, registering every emotion running in their baby-blue depths. Shock and disbelief, slowly but surely chased away by clear, wholehearted joy. He almost laughed out loud with relief.

"Yes, please!" she squealed, and he pretty much tackled her, so she was pinned under him on the huge bed, and kissed her thoroughly. His knee moved in between hers and was working her pussy, pressing in rhythm to the heavy thud of his heart. By the time he remembered he had yet to slip the ring onto her finger she was whimpering and grinding against him.

Joe tugged at her hand to get her attention, and they both watched with baited breath as he slipped the antique-looking gold band with its intricate etching of tiny little meadow flowers onto Leanne's finger. It gleamed in the dim light.

"Oh my gosh, Joe. It's beautiful."

He swallowed hard. "It was my mother's."

She nodded, choking back tears. Joe spoke again, playing with the ring between his thumb and forefinger. "My father gave it to me when I was eighteen, and told me I'll know when the right woman came along." He looked up and into her eyes. "He was right."

Leanne threw her arms around his neck, and pulled him close. "I love the ring, and I love you." she said, and then kissed him, opening her lips to invite his tongue inside. With a deep growl, Joe took her up on that invitation.

*

The pleasure was so acute, it was almost too much. Leanne's little toes curled and her hands fisted in the pristine white sheets, while Joe's tongue kept stroking her clit that was captured between his lips, and his fingers stroked slowly, fully, in and out of her sleek tunnel.

Another peak was coming, and she wasn't sure if she'd be able to take any more. Joe, on the other hand, seemed confident enough for both of them, speaking in-between sucks and licks.

"That's right princess... let it come again... mmmm... yeah... God you taste good!"

She cried out as his mouth and fingers pushed her over the edge, making her body convulse and gush small amounts of girl juice with every spasm. Joe lapped it up, grunting his pleasure, making her shudder in return.

"Please, no more... I can't. Too sensitive." She whimpered, and thankfully, he relented.

Joe extracted his two fingers slowly, allowing them both to enjoy her aftershocks as she squeezed and released around his thick digits. He sucked them clean as he moved up her body, his mouth finally leaving her swollen, pink pussy to inch up to her belly, kissing and nibbling the soft skin of her abdomen while his hands held her hips captive, his thumbs caressing over her protruding hip-bones. Leanne squirmed.

"I'm going to have Mrs. Rojas fatten you up in no time, princess. A farm girl needs to have some more curves on her body." Joe was speaking against her skin, and Leanne trembled. Oh, you've already done some fattening yourself, cowboy. You just don't know it yet. She thought, but then all thoughts were gone when his mouth reached the underside of her breasts, and he started nibbling there, catching her soft flesh between his teeth in tiny little bites.

"Oh my gosh that feels incredible! Harder, please..." she begged, and he complied, letting his teeth sink a little deeper into her skin, leaving tiny white grooves in their wake, which turned pink before disappearing.

"Ahh! More. Harder. Please."

Joe bared his teeth as he looked down at her splayed form. "You want me to leave teeth marks on your breasts, baby?"

"Yes. I do. Please!"

Joe shook his head. "There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world. It would be a pity to damage yours." he quipped, and then chuckled as her eyes widened in recognition. "Just a little bit harder then. Not long-term damage, I promise." His wet fingers returned to stroke her clit slowly, leisurely, and then he bent his head and captured more of her breasts in his mouth, biting just a little harder as he lifted his head, pulling her breast back with it.

"Ohmygod-ohmygod-ohmygod ahhh!!"

Leanne screamed her pleasure as one more climax, swift and unexpected, seized her. Joe released her breast and moved up, and entered her still convulsing body, sinking slowly in, hissing with every tightening of her inner folds around his rigid, swollen cock.

"God." He gasped, and then moved to take her head in his hands, holding her in place so that his eyes could capture hers while he claimed her, body and soul. Her own hands came up to his back to pull him close. Joe moved, stroking deep and steady, making each one count. Leanne arched and opened her legs wider, tilting her pelvis to take as much of him as she could inside. Joe's movements quickened, even as his face seemed to soften as he watched her take him into her body.

"God, you're beautiful like that, Leanne."

Her breath hitched, and so did his a moment later, and then he was coming, shuddering in her arms, his forehead buried in the nook between her neck and shoulder. Leanne hugged him close, smiling and teary-eyed.