Death in the Desert

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

A chorus of assents assured her everyone was ready. "First units approaching," SPC Helen said quietly, eyes intent on her screen. "Humvees in the lead, then some armor, mostly museum pieces and MBT's with soft targets behind, then more armor and tracked launchers, then soft targets and Humvees bringing up the rear. They're all bunched up like ducklings following their mother, though. No room to maneuver, very sloppy."

"I don't think the Sunnies have a war college," Zoe quipped, checking her M4A1. She motioned Margie to follow her and they crept up the slope to peer between boulders at the passing column that was raising clouds of dust that hung in the air making it difficult to see.

"Lead armor reaching the end of the boulders," Helen's voice hummed in Zoe's ear.

"All units commence firing!" Zoe barked over the command channel.

Caught completely by surprise, the Sunnie commanders were stunned when several of their tanks erupted into smoke and flame, struck at nearly point blank range by the hover tanks rail guns firing sabot rounds. A torrent of heavy machine gun, light cannon and small arms fire raked the column from one end to the other, many of the enemy troops cut to pieces before firing a shot.

Turrets swiveling, the remaining enemy tanks and Humvees blasted the fallen trees, rocks and boulders, searching for their concealed tormentors until they were destroyed by well-placed rounds from the tanks and the troops shoulder mounted Serpent missile launchers. Machine gun and small arms fire picked off the gunners on the flatbed trucks while several Humvees and tracked missile launchers were reduced to piles of flaming junk. As the battle continued, the enemy's return fire was becoming more accurate as they tracked the muzzle flashes from the troops hiding places and several fire teams were put out of action by explosive shells, missiles, shrapnel and rock fragments. The Sunnies were panicking at being trapped on the road with the only way to retreat was across the badlands.

In a desperate attempt to escape, several of the Humvees began swerving through the column of burning vehicles, turrets rotating, spraying their attackers with bursts of chain gun fire. Five truckloads of troops followed them, their occupants firing back as best they could. One truck, its tires shot out, overturned and crashed, the rest made good their escape, fleeing across the rough ground in an undisciplined rout. Then all was quiet except for the crackling flames and the occasional explosion as ammo cooked off in the wreckage.

"Cease fire, repeat, cease fire," Zoe said.

"We got all their armor and tracked launchers, half of the Humvees, several of the trucks," Harriet reported. "We're fanning out looking for survivors."

Mindful of possible snipers lying in wait, Zoe and Margie picked their way carefully down the slope, joining the troops as they searched the smoldering wreckage.

"We're finding lots of dead guys without a mark on them," SSgt. Pauline reported. "I guess those rumors about their troops carrying poison pills were true."

"We got us a prisoner, Lieutenant," PFC Susan cut in, "It's a female. She's got a head wound and she's cut and bruised, but she's okay and offering no resistance. Where do you want her?"

"Bring her over and post a guard. I'll interrogate her later."

"Got a casualty count," Harriet said her voice low. "Fourteen dead, sixteen wounded, four severely. Doc Anita and her people are doing what they can with the supplies we have. We really need to get them into a hospital at Fort Bliss."

"Who'd we lose?"

Harriet swallowed hard and said "Three from Wanda's squad, two from Michelle's, four from Dottie's and ... um ... Maureen and her squad took a direct hit, Zoe, I'm sorry."

Zoe's heart lurched and tears stung her eyes. Betty was in Maureen's squad. She tried to keep her voice level "Damn. Bag em' and bring 'em with us. I'm not leavin' 'em in this Christ-bitten hellhole."

"What about the Sunnies, ma'am," Harriet asked.

"Fuck 'em," Zoe said bitterly, "Leave 'em for the buzzards."

***

The company traveled on until dark, then bivouacked for the night.

Doc Anita, Harriet, Millie and Sue Lynn joined Zoe in her tent to mourn their fallen comrades. As they passed the bottle of scotch around, Zoe wept bitterly for her lost love in Sue Lynn's arms while Anita, Millie and Harriet clung together, rocking to and fro singing an old Methodist hymn "Love Devine, All Loves Excelling," then "Amazing Grace." They drained the bottle, finished a second one and drifted off to sleep cuddled together like kittens.

***

The next morning, the prisoner's large, dark eyes had the look of a trapped animal when she was brought before Zoe and Harriet. SPC Carol, a linguist before the war, stood by to interpret. The Sunnies were truly a mixed bag of cultures and races, united solely by their fanatical devotion to the Gods of the Sun and there was no indication as to what language the woman spoke.

After trying several languages and dialects, when Carol uttered a phrase in a Hindustani dialect, Khariboli, the woman reacted, saying "I am a non-combatant. I am a nurse. I am not a soldier. Take pity on me, please."

"Tell her she won't be harmed unless she tries to escape," Zoe said when Carol had translated. "Does she know where her unit came from and where it was going?"

The query loosed a torrent of words from the woman who began to cry and sunk to the floor, her face in her hands. She continued to babble until she finally stopped and sat looking sadly at them.

"What was that all about?" Zoe said, stunned at the woman's outburst.

"Well," Carol began, "Her name is Shivani. She was conscripted while training as a nurse in Lahore, loaded on a transport plane with many others, flown to Chihuahua, was attached to the 'Heavenly Justice' battalion and they set off for she knows not where. She had little to do except ride in a truck cab and patch up the occasional wounds caused by accidents.

When the bullets started flying, she'd ducked down as the driver lit out across the desert. Next thing she knew, the truck crashed and rolled over and she was upside down in the cab next to the dead driver. She broke a window, got out and that's when our people got her. She says she never fired a gun and didn't want to be here in the first place. She also said the Sunnies are conscripting people to fight over here and there's supposedly an underground resistance movement to end the invasion of America. She's scared to death we'll torture her for information, but she swears that's all she knows and I believe her."

Zoe looked into the woman's pleading eyes glistening with tears, body trembling in her torn uniform and felt pity for her. "Tell her we don't torture prisoners and she can come with us. Get her some cammies and something to eat and toss those rags of hers on the nearest fire."

"Yes, ma'am," Carol replied with a grin.

She repeated Zoe's words to Shivani, who began to cry again and grasped Zoe's hand in mute thanks. Zoe motioned her to stand and Carol led her away, the two conversing in Shivani's language.

"Think she can be trusted, ma'am," Margie asked, "Them Sunnies are a sneaky bunch."

"Yeah, I do. She's scared shitless and doesn't want to be here. The Sunnies must be having problems keeping their troops up to strength if they're forcing people into their army. HQ'll be happy to hear that. Hey, Gloria, that comm link to HQ open up yet?"

Gloria looked up from her comm screen, "Ten minutes ago, ma'am, the First Shirt's been bringin' 'em up to speed, but they still wanna speak to you."

"Patch 'em through," Her comm bleeped and Zoe said, "First Lieutenant Zoe here, reporting as ordered, ma'am."

"Good afternoon, Lieutenant, this is Brigadier General Mary." Zoe winced; 'Hayl' Mary was a no-nonsense commanding officer at HQ. She had a well-deserved reputation as a no nonsense titty twister, but she was fair and not rank-happy. What were they in for now?

"First," Mary continued, "I want to commend you on your company's action today. You practically destroyed an enemy force three times your size and put the rest to flight, well done Lieutenant."

"Thank you, ma'am."

"Second, you are to continue to Fort Bliss for some R&R along with resupply and equipment upgrades. Thirdly, I'm proud to promote you to the rank of Captain and place you in command of Company Kay."

Fuck! "Thank you, ma'am, I'll make you proud."

"I know you will, Captain. Good hunting, Mary out."

"What's the word, ma'am?" Margie said.

Zoe sighed, "I'm now the ringmaster of this fuckin' circus and I'm a fuckin' Captain. I'll be goddamned."

"Congratulations, ma'am," Margie and Gloria said.

***

The remaining travel to Ft. Bliss was uneventful and they were welcomed enthusiastically by the base commander. Colonel Susan was pleased with the addition to her troop strength and the hover tanks firepower. A direct hit on the HQ building in the Sunnies initial attack had killed all the other officers leaving her in command. Had she not been elsewhere on the post inspecting some newly constructed barracks, she would have died with the rest of them. She congratulated Zoe on her promotion, gave her a set of Captain's twin silver bars and invited her to the Officers Club for a drink to celebrate.

When they arrived, Doc Anita, Millie, Sue Lynn and Harriet (as Millie's guest) were already there. Several post officers joined them and it soon became a party. When things finally wound down, Zoe and the others were comfortably drunk and one by one drifted off to their quarters. Zoe politely refused several requests to share another woman's bunk for the night, wanting to be alone and think about what had happened to her that day.

Bringing a pint of scotch with her, she found her room in the BOQ, stripped down and sat on the bed, sipping alternatively from the bottle and a glass of water. She began to cry as she missed Betty terribly and suddenly felt very alone.

A gentle tapping on the door interrupted her pity party and she walked angrily to the door not wanting to be disturbed. When she opened it, she was surprised to see Shivani standing there, smiling shyly. She was dressed in a blue silk caftan with soft shoes on her feet. Her short dark hair had been washed and combed, her large dark eyes shone and Zoe saw for the first time she was quite pretty.

"Hello Lieutenant ... I mean, Captain Zoe," she said haltingly, "I wanted to thank you again for sparing my life." Her eyes roamed appreciatively over Zoe's nakedness and she smiled and continued "May I visit for a moment?"

"Uh ... yeah ... sure, c'mon in," Zoe replied, momentarily flustered by Shivani's beauty and the frank appraisal of her body. She felt a flush creep over her face, her nipples hardened and her pussy moistened.

Shivani walked to the bed, sat on the edge and crossed her legs revealing a tantalizing glimpse of muscular thighs and shapely calves. Zoe sat next to her, took the bottle from the bedside table and said "Care for a drink?"

"What do you have?"

"Um ... water and scotch ... that's about it." Zoe felt increasingly warm in the woman's presence and noticed Shivani's eyes becoming smoky with desire.

"Is everyone treating you well?" Zoe said, breaking the silence.

"Oh, yes, quite well. I told them I meant no harm and only wanted to continue my work as a nurse. They said they would check with Headquarters and see if I could be enlisted. Women are treated much more kindly here. The Sun Children believe in the inherent superiority of the male and that women are born to serve them and produce children to strengthen the order."

"Pretty backward if you ask me. I'd imagine you're pretty happy to be out of there."

"Very much so, I am so sorry your lover was killed in battle. It must be difficult for you."

Zoe nodded, her throat felt tight and her eyes misted over. "I loved her with all my heart. I will never forget her."

Shivani sighed, "I know how you feel. I too have lost my lover, never to see her again. When I left I was not allowed to tell her goodbye. My heart is heavy and sometimes in the night I weep for what I have lost."

"Misery loves company, I guess," Zoe said, taking a swig from the bottle. "This is good stuff, want some?"

"I have never tasted Scotch, but I will try it." Shivani took a sip, then another, then another, and then said "It is quite harsh and yet it tastes like wood smoke smells. I think I like it."

"Wash it down with this," Zoe said, offering the woman a glass of water.

They sat in silence for a while, each with their own thoughts, passing the bottle and the glass of water between them. Then Shivani said "Is it getting warm in here?"

"Yeah," Zoe replied, "It's the booze that makes you hot."

"I also feel slightly dizzy, is that the Scotch as well?"

Zoe chuckled, "Yeah, some folks drink too much and get so dizzy they fall down."

"That is most unladylike," Shivani said and burped. "Oh my goodness, excuse me."

Zoe laughed and patted Shivani's shoulder, "S'okay babe, it's just us girls here."

"Oh my, it is hot. Would you mind if I removed my robe?"

"Go for it."

Shivani stood up, pulled the caftan over her head, threw it over a nearby chair and sat down saying "Ahhh that is so much better."

Zoe was speechless and a low moan escaped her lips. Shivani was naked under the robe, her light brown skin shining in the lights. Her breasts were firm, high and shaped like ripe apples, the nipples and aureoles a darker brown and her nipples were stiff. Her body was lean and muscular, with a thick waist and broad hips; her pussy hidden in a thicket of pubic hair. Zoe's pussy was leaking onto the mattress and she licked her lips.

Shivani lowered her eyes and smiled, seeing the effect her naked body was having on Zoe. She had been intrigued by the pale skinned, freckled redhead from the moment she saw her; she was so unlike other women she had known. Zoe's body was similar to hers, lean and muscular with larger breasts and a narrower waist.

They sat studying each other for a moment, then slid closer and brought their heads together for a kiss. Shivani hissed with pent up desire and clasped Zoe to her in a passionate embrace. Zoe wrapped her arms around her and they kissed, open mouthed, grinding their lips together, tongues rippling together in each other's mouths.

Lying back on the bed, the women continued their frenzied kissing, wrapping their arms and legs around each other; their black and red pubic hairs ruffling as they rubbed their wet pussies together.

"I want to suck your pussy," Zoe growled in Shivani's ear, "I want to eat you out until you cum in my mouth."

"Oh, gods, yes, lick my pussy," Shivani replied huskily, "It's so hungry for you. Make me cum, I want to cum."

Zoe rolled Shivani on her back, spread her legs and settled between them on her stomach, the woman's luxuriant bush tickling Zoe's nose as her tongue sought and found Shivani's gooey slit. She began to lick and suck the pink flesh, enjoying the feel of Shivani's tangy pussy juice on her tongue and loving her moans of pleasure.

Shivani was shaking with lust as Zoe pleasured her, lifting her hips to meet the other woman's slithering tongue and, when Zoe inserted one, then two fingers deep inside her and wiggled them around, she felt as if she might faint from desire.

"Ahhhh, yesss, "Shivani moaned, head tossing on the pillow, "Suck it, suck it, yesss, right there, oh gods don't stop, don't ... Yeeeee!!"

She climaxed powerfully, ejaculating into Zoe's eager mouth. She drank it greedily and went back for more, licking and sucking until Shivani came again with another jet of warm cum soaking Zoe's face and close cropped hair. Shivani's hips stopped jerking and she fell back on the bed, moaning and whimpering. Zoe crawled up to her and they kissed, letting Shivani taste her own cum from her lovers mouth. They lay together until Shivani caught her breath and she purred "Now it's your turn."

Zoe lay back, spreading her legs in wanton invitation. Shivani gripped Zoe's ass cheeks and began to devour her pussy banquet, growling deep in her throat as she filled her mouth with Zoe's drooping labial lips and probed deeply between them with her wiggling tongue.

Zoe jerked and moaned as Shivani ate her out, her entire body tingling as her lovers lips found her engorged clit and began sucking and nibbling on it. Zoe was no stranger to oral love from women, but Shivani was the best she'd ever experienced. The woman's tongue was amazing and felt as if it was a foot long as it caressed Zoe's wet, pink pussy walls.

Shivani loved the salty flow of fluids into her mouth as she licked deep into Zoe's gooey crevice, determined to make her lover cum and cum hard as Zoe gasped and moaned pushing her furred crotch against her lover's busy mouth, wanting Shivani to never stop eating, and then it was upon her, a massive orgasm the likes of which she had not felt for many years.

Arching her back, she shrieked in joy and ejaculated powerfully, filling Shivani's mouth to overflowing with clear, salty cum. Shivani swallowed greedily, coughed, gasped and dove in again abusing Zoe's drenched pussy with her mouth until her lover howled and came a second time, releasing another torrent of fluids into Shivani's face and then collapsed.

Shivani slid up, cuddled Zoe's shivering body, shared a mouthful of cum with her in a long soul kiss and held her until she stopped quivering. "Hera's tits," Zoe finally gasped, "Where the hell did you learn to eat pussy like that? That was amazing."

"I'm so glad you liked it," Shivani replied, kissing her, "A girl I was friends with in school and I used to pleasure other when we were alone in our rooms after class. We used to watch pornography on the internet and copied what we saw there. We always tried to see how few licks it took to make the other cum and we practiced a lot."

"Man, I'm still horny," Zoe said, "Wanna fuck now?"

"Oh yes, what shall we use?"

"Hold on a second, I've just the thing." Zoe walked on wobbly legs to her duffel bag, rummaged around in it and brought out a strap-on. She bore it triumphantly back to the bed and let Shivani examine it.

"Ah, I see, the shorter one goes in your pussy and your lover gets the longer, thicker one. Will you fuck me with it, dear Zoe? I want to feel it deep inside me."

Zoe smiled and nodded, fastening the straps around her thighs, sighing with pleasure as the short phallus slid into her sopping pussy and the ridged pad on the harness rubbed her clitoris. Shivani got on her hands and knees, wiggling her ass at Zoe and smiling over her shoulder in anticipation of being penetrated.

"Lie on your back, lover. I want to look into those beautiful eyes and see you enjoying it as I fuck you."

Shivani complied, putting a pillow under her ass to elevate her hips so Zoe could get it in as deep as possible. She was warm all over, trembling in anticipation as Zoe knee walked between her creamy thighs and rubbed the phallus' tip over Shivani's glistening pussy lips.

"Fuck me, dear Zoe," Shivani said, her voice thick with lust, "Fuck me until I scream your name."

Zoe hesitated, what the hell was she doing, this woman was an enemy combatant and her people had taken Betty from her, now they were going to fuck? Shivani moaned and held out her arms to Zoe and the thoughts disappeared in a wave of desire. Zoe eased the thick phallus into Shivani's pussy, loving the woman's whimpers as it filled her near to bursting. A final grunt and thrust and it went all the way in.

Zoe hugged Shivani's quivering body to her, their nipples rubbing together and began a gentle rocking motion easing the phallus in and out. In response, Shivani locked her ankles over Zoe's, gripped her lover's ass with strong hands and raised her hips to meet Zoe's thrusts. They began a rhythmic fucking that drew gasps and moans from both of them, each wanting to please the other and make her cum and cum hard.