Den of Iniquity Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Sir_Nathan
Sir_Nathan
1,657 Followers

"Well Annie, I think we are done here. I think you've had quite enough excitement for one day.

"You won't be needing me then, Sir?" she sounded so sweet and hopeful.

"Not at this time Annie. But please know, I will be calling on you in the near future okay?" I smiled.

"Oh yes Sir! Thank you Sir." She grinned and looked to Chantelle. "Can I go now please Ma'am?"

Chantelle just waved her hand and Annie turned on her heels and skipped out. Just like that. In the outer office I heard Chantelle's door open and close and she and I were alone again.

"That was strange," I said.

"Sad I think, not strange. Maybe spiteful and dangerous for one's reputation. Not to mention embarrassing. But I don't know about strange."

"Didn't you say you knew her?"

"Who?"

"Sylvia Harper, Chantelle. Get with the program," I winked.

"I think I've seen her here before. I just can't put my finger on it."

I suddenly realised a lot of time had passed.

"Oh shit," I said, looking at my watch. "Shouldn't we get going?"

"Yes of course. I'll have Adrian bring the limo around. Feel like driving it? I promise I'll sit up front," she winked.

"Sure, it'll be fun."

Fifteen minutes later Chantelle was directing me into the leafy suburbs toward our destination.

"You know Roger, we might unknowingly see some of the people involved in this Sylvia Harper business..."

"Where exactly are we going?"

"It's only for an hour. It's a fund raiser. I basically have to write out a cheque and we'll be out of there."

"Politicians."

"Yes Roger. Let's call it 'greasing the wheels of democracy' shall we?"

Indeed that was exactly what we did. We drove up a long driveway and someone took the keys of the limo from me. Chantelle and I, arm in arm, walked up to the steps and someone took our coats. It was all very formal and of course the house was immaculate. Apparently it was the house of a current senator who thought it was a good idea to help raise funds for a colleague. Quite frankly I was pretty much in awe the whole time I was there. I was nodding and chatting to people I didn't even know. I've never been good at that. I felt particularly alone when Chantelle went off to write her cheque.

I was admiring what looked suspiciously like a Rubens when a voice asked, "Is that you Roger?"

"I am, yes," I said, and turned.

The man's face was familiar but I couldn't find a name in my memory.

"Alex O'Donohue, at your service Sir."

"Alex, that's right, I met you at, er, the other night didn't I?"

"Yes at Chantelle's place. It's okay Roger, no one's listening," the white haired man said.

"Yes, well, you know, it's a bit awkward."

"True enough, this Harper business has us all on edge."

I wasn't sure what to say. "Yes, well, it would wouldn't it."

"Yes. And it goes without saying that mum's the word."

"Of course, Alex. Of course."

"It's good to have you with us Roger. There have been good things said about you."

"I hope I can live up to them, Sir."

I had no fucking idea what he was talking about. But I wasn't stopping him. Admittedly I had a strange feeling about our conversation, I mean, "mum's the word"? Who says that shit these days? But I knew an opening when I saw one, and I wasn't going to close it.

"Roger, Alex, there you are."

It was Chantelle, coming to pick up her 'escort'. Why did I suddenly get the feeling I should run? Like really RUN? I could hear a conversation going on around me. I heard the painting was indeed a Rubens. I heard myself talking a few times too.

But mostly I was thinking about Josephine.

"Something on your mind Roger?"

We were driving back to the city. The suburbs were far behind us by now. We'd been silent most of the way, apart from the time I mentioned how bad the traffic was, going in the opposite direction.

I certainly wasn't going to tell her what was really on my mind.

"I was just thinking about the party tomorrow night. I hope the entertainment you have organised is appropriate for those who are likely to attend."

"Oh Roger, you are such a sweety. Don't you worry, okay? Leave it up to me. I can assure you, everything I have planned is entirely appropriate."

Despite the fact that a small part of me wasn't convinced, my lips said, "Thank you Chantelle, I'm really looking forward to it."

I wasn't lying.

I looked over at her. Chantelle looked innocent and untouched as the streetlights lit her face and plunged it into darkness alternately.

"What about you Chantelle? Anything on your mind?"

Silence ruled for a few more minutes, until something pushed Chantelle to speak.

"Sometimes circumstances are at fault Roger. That's all you can blame. Just circumstances."

All I could do was nod. I figured if she wanted to tell me what was going on, she would.

The bright lights and tall buildings of the city began to loom above the headlights of the limo as we hurtled along the highway back into town. Chantelle rang ahead for Adrian to meet us out front.

It was getting dark. And it was getting late. I wanted to be right on time at Josephine's.

We were standing outside the Domina Flagrante, and I'd just told Chantelle it was after six thirty.

"But that's plenty of time Roger, your date with Josephine isn't until seven o'clock! How about another drink?"

"Are you trying to make me late Chantelle?"

"Me? Never!" she chuckled and shook her head.

"I'll see you tomorrow Chantelle."

"Alright Roger... big party tomorrow."

"Yes. I hope this Sylvia Harper thing doesn't ruin it."

I gave her a hug when she opened her arms to me.

"I'm sure everything will be fine," she said.

"Yes, I'm sure too."

"Oh wait, you forgot your case!"

Chantelle spoke urgently into her mobile phone. In a minute Adrian had apparently parked the limo, dashed upstairs, and returned carrying my case. He passed it to Chantelle and I thought he might collapse from exhaustion.

As if Adrian's efforts were nothing, she ignored him and grinned as she put the handle in my outstretched hand.

"Go with my blessing, Roger."

"Thank you Chantelle, thanks for everything. And um, thanks for getting my case, Adrian."

They both told me not to worry and to enjoy the evening. Chantelle even said something about kissing my virginity goodbye.

I left them behind me on the footpath outside the Domina Flagrante, and headed the few blocks to Josephine's apartment.

I felt like I could explode.

Author's note: Thank you to my editor, rachel... another beautiful job. And thank you to those who vote. You make me smile.

Sir_Nathan
Sir_Nathan
1,657 Followers