Diavolo Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Baby? Are you crying?" he asked, shock evident in his voice.

She took a deep breath and got her emotions under control. "No. I'm just... just... Where are you? Why all the mystery?" she demanded.

He chuckled. "Easy. You'll find out tomorrow."

"Is this about the wedding? Are we meeting with some wedding planner or something? I told you, I just wanted something simple. We can just go to a local church and do a little ceremony. I can even wear this dress you got for me," she said in a rush fingering the soft fabric of the white maxi she was wearing. It was a pretty, delicate thing with ruffles and satin ribbons. She absolutely loved it.

"Baby, you deserve so much more than that dress, and I want to give it to you."

Her heart clenched. "Oh, Gabriel. I know that you want to buy me the world, but I don't need all that. I just need you," she got the last past the sudden lump in her throat.

She heard him breath out, almost a moan. "I need you too, baby. Need you so much. I can't wait to be with you tomorrow."

Oh, how she wanted to be in his arms, touch him, kiss him. "Gabriel." She let all the need within her transcend into that sighed word.

"Yes, baby. I know. Tomorrow. I promise. I can't believe how much it hurts being away from you for twenty-four hours. I wish I could just...be with you right now."

"Where are you? Just come. Please."

"I'm flying in tomorrow morning. Just need to do a few things first. I'll be there, baby. I promise."

"Where are you?"

"I'm still in California."

"Oh," she pouted. "Okay. But I could have waited and we could have flown here together." Abby knew she sounded like a whiny spoiled girl, but she couldn't help it. She missed her Gabriel.

He chuckled. "I'll see you tomorrow."

Her lower lip actually stuck out this time. "You're saying goodbye so fast. We've barely said anything to each other."

His soft laughter slid through her body like a lick of flame, igniting her from the inside out. Her breasts felt heavy and she felt so empty deep inside. Again, the need to hold her man took hold of her.

"I want you to rest tonight. We have tomorrow to talk."

She laid, belly down on the king-sized bed. "But it's so lonely here...in this ginormous bed."

He groaned, "Baby, tomorrow I promise you I'll be in that bed with you. No holding back now. It's going to be all the way."

That made her jump into a sitting position, eyes wide. Her mouth tried to form words but she could only gape.

"Good night, baby. Love you."

The line went dead and she was left making her famous fish-face. He'd left her speechless again. And he'd hung up before she could tell him she loved him or thanked him for the mini-vacation.

They were finally going to have sex? He'd been reluctant, wanting to wait until they were married. Maybe being away had affected him as much as it had her. She was actually shaken up knowing he was so far and there was no way they could see or be with each other.

Hugging herself, she turned out the light and slipped under the covers. Thinking her mind would be too busy pondering why Gabriel had flown her to the other side of the United States, she fell asleep to the sound of crickets and the hum of the air conditioning in the cottage.

*******

Insistent knocking awakened her early the next morning.

Angelo had his face plastered to the window near the bed.

"Woman. You sleep like the dead. Get up. There's no time to waste. You need to get ready."

She sat up with a surprised squeak, holding the bed covers against her chest.

"Well don't just sit there looking at me like that. Open the door before Ariel beats it down. We need to get moving."

Gabriel. He'd said he was flying in that morning. They were probably going to go pick him up in the limo.

Joy surged through her as she hopped out of the bed and threw on her cover before opening the door to a frazzled looking Ariel.

"Just give me a sec. What time does Gabe get in?" she said grabbing her white dress again, wrinkling her nose. She only wore it a few hours but would've loved wearing something fresh. Her jeans and t-shirt from the day before had mysteriously disappeared. Room service must've taken it to launder.

Ariel never answered her, just looked confused and nervous, his hair sticking up in sections as if he'd run his fingers through the riot of curls.

"There's some fruit in that bowl over there. Help yourself while I jump in the shower a few seconds. Won't be long. I promise."

She ducked into the bathroom and turned the shower on. It took her barely five minutes to lather up, being careful not to ruin her curls from the day before. After rinsing off and drying up, she pulled her white maxi on again.

Rushing out of the bathroom, she skidded to a halt when she saw the commotion.

There were people carrying boxes and bags filled with frothy white tissue into the room. There were two girls sitting in the wing chairs playing violins. Two other women held cameras. One was already using her video to record the procession.

Miranda rushed over to Abigail with a wide smile. "I'm back to help you get ready."

Her smile and words barely registered in Abigail's mind though. Her entire focus was completely arrested by what was going on in the corner by the windows.

Two women arranged the most beautiful bridal gown she'd ever seen on a dress form. She walked toward it as if in a trance. The dress was strapless, the neckline heart-shaped. The bodice was formfitting and beaded with thousands of tiny pearls in intricate patterns. It had a high waistline with soft luminous material falling to the floor and trailing a few feet in the back. It was oh-so beautiful.

Abby was rendered speechless.

The shock and realization Gabriel had set up their wedding had her feeling light headed, and she wobbled a bit on her feet. Miranda clutched her shoulders from behind.

"Are you okay? Come and sit."

Miranda helped her to a chair by a table the woman had set up just opposite the dress. Abigail couldn't take her eyes off the dress.

Miranda set up to work on her face and then her hair. The two girls played violin and another woman insisted Abigail eat from the trays of food that had been brought in.

Abigail was still stunned at everything going on around her.

Two men carried in a large old fashioned changing screen and set it up near the white bridal gown.

Once Miranda finished with her make up and hair, she asked Abby to step behind the changing screen.

"Uh...sure," Abigail said woodenly.

"Are you sure you're okay?" the woman asked following her behind the screen.

Abigail merely nodded.

She was getting married. In a few moments she be Mrs. Gabriel Brinks. Or would she be Mrs. Gabriel Raven? What was his legal name anyway?

Panic gripped her. She didn't even know her soon-to-be husband very well. Should they really do this? What if he eventually got bored with her later? This was insane. He was going to break her heart like Daniel had. No. Worse. Gabriel was going to completely destroy what was left of her silly heart.

Miranda helped her into the lacy undergarments, her face heating up in chagrin when Miranda had to hook her thigh-high stockings to the delicate beribboned garters her tight corset had. Next was a poufed slip that would make the wedding gown flare out.

The woman kept giving her worried looks.

"It's normal to have pre-wedding jitters," Miranda said with a smile.

Abigail just looked at her. This was more than pre-wedding jitters. Abigail was completely terrified. Her fingers were trembling and cold and her stomach was tied up in a million knots.

There was no sign of Angelo or Ariel.

Miranda helped her step into her heels and led out from behind the screen. The sight of the king-sized canopied bed dressed in white had her stopping in her tracks. Gabriel's words came back to haunt her: "I promise you I'll be in that bed with you. No holding back now. It's going to be all the way."

And it would be legitimate. He would be in his right to finally have her. She'd be his. All his. And he'd be hers.

"Mine," Abigail sighed brushing her hands over the soft, white material of her dress. Miranda smiled at her.

The lady photographer directed her to sit on a round little chair by a vanity and had her lift her dress to pretend she was adjusting one of the garters. Another picture was taken of Abby applying lipstick in the mirror and a third of her contemplating a picture of Gabriel someone had brought in. It was the one of him sitting at the piano, deep in thought.

Miranda placed real flowers, forming a wreath around her head and pinned a long veil behind her head. When done, Abigail beamed at herself in the mirror.

The photographer had her pose by the windows, on the bed and by the fireplace.

There was only a moment of melancholy, when Abigail realized some of these photos should have been taken with her mom, but she was sure her mother would want nothing to do with her marriage to Gabriel.

The limo was waiting for her again outside. Angelo stepped out of the limo dressed in a black tux to her surprise. He grinned and took her by the elbow and helped her inside where Ariel sat dressed in a similar tux.

"I can't believe you kept all this from me," she told them with a grin.

They just shrugged. "Gabe said he'd castrate us if we said anything," Angelo finally said.

"Where are we going now?" she asked as the limo began to move.

"We really have no idea. Gabe just told us to accompany you in the limo. The driver is waiting for his instructions. Gabe must've finally told him."

Abigail shook her head. Her man was way too secretive.

Excitement filled her as they wound their way through scenic routes along the mountain road.

Almost half an hour later, they turned into a winding little road that led up to a stone chapel at the edge of a cliff.

Angelo whistled, "Wow. Gabe has outdone himself. Look at this place."

Abigail was looking. The church was small, its stones pale grey and the wooden doors gleaming in the early morning sun. There were a few people outside. She recognized the photographers from the cottage setting up to record her exiting the limo, and there were a few men in dark suits with sunglasses talking into their phones. Security?

One of them signaled toward the car. The driver got out and opened the door for her.

As Abigail exited the limo, she heard the strings of cellos floating out from within the chapel.

Miranda and the two women that had set up the dress at the cottage fussed with her train as Ariel and Angelo offered their arms to escort her inside.

A flock of butterflies took flight within her tummy as she gripped their strong arms and was led toward the chapel.

The stone floor was covered in pink petals from the entrance all the way to the altar. Pink blooms decorated the ends of the pews filled with people. Her bewildered gaze recognized most of them. Pia, the sound techs from the recording studio, Gabriel's grandmother and Sharmane... and her bewildered looking mother, sister, and even Daniel, who looked very somber.

Abigail's eyes went to Gabriel, who stood waiting at the altar. He was a vision of dark beauty, dressed in an impeccable black tuxedo and his dark hair swept back in a tail.

His green eyes blazed at her as she drew near. She wanted to run to him, throw her arms around his neck and hold him.

The cellos played the bridal march as Angelo and Ariel brought her closer to Gabriel. The view through the glass panes of the chapel was spectacular. It was like living a dream. He almost wanted to pinch herself to make sure she wasn't dreaming this.

Just as she passed Mikayla, her mom and Daniel, her sister sent her a hateful glare from red, tear-filled eyes.

Abigail's gaze swung back to Gabriel and stayed focused on him.

Soon she was standing before him, her whole body trembling.

She hadn't prepared her wedding vows. What was she supposed to say? Oh-God.

The clergyman performing the ceremony took the option out of her hands by asking her if she would take Gabriel as her loving husband, in sickness, in health, in good times or bad until death do them part.

Gabriel smiled at her when she answered with a shaky yes.

Of course, he had to show off his beautiful voice by singing his own vows to her with Michael on the piano and the cellos and violins as accompaniment. The words to his slow ballad brought tears to her eyes. He promised to love her and cherish her, put her on a pedestal and worship her even after death. Abigail wanted to weep at how moved she felt, and at how fortunate she was to have such a beautiful man love her so much.

There wasn't a dry eye in the chapel when he was done. He slipped her wedding band onto her finger and didn't even wait for the preacher to tell him to kiss his bride.

Gabriel wrapped her up in his arms and kissed her, slowly, thoroughly.

She was pretty sure she heard someone announce them as husband and wife and thundering applause following, but she was too caught up in Gabe's devouring kiss to care.

*******

The reception took place in a large tent. The interior was filled with flowers and candles and the food was set up buffet style. The cake was a simple yet elegant three-tiered square with flowers spilling over one side of it.

As the dusk drew near, fairy lights came on making everything look magical.

Gabriel held Abigail close as they swayed to soft music. She had her eyes closed, just enjoying the warmth of her new husband. Every time she thought of the night to come, she felt her face heat up and her nerves start to make her shake. He said nothing, but would just slide his hands up her spine and hold her tighter, until his very warmth had her nerves calming down.

He would be gentle with her. She was sure. Up until now he'd always been. They'd done just about everything but full penetration. She trusted him to make it good for her.

Just as she was relaxing into his arms again, she felt him stiffen.

Looking to the side, she gulped when she realized Daniel was cutting in to their dance.

Gabriel hesitated a moment. Everyone was staring at them and Abigail felt a moment of apprehension.

Gabriel nodded and stepped back to allow Daniel to sweep her into his arms with a smile.

Abigail stared helplessly over her shoulder and watched as her sister tugged on the sleeve of Gabriel's tux.

"You look so very lovely, Abigail," Daniel was saying.

"Th-thank you," she replied timidly.

A quick glance over her shoulder revealed her sister plastering her body tightly against Gabriel's. Gabriel seemed to hold himself stiffly, his gaze looking straight over Mikayla's head, bored, indifferent, eyes straying longingly to Abigail after a while.

Daniel swung her around so she could no longer see her husband.

"Are you happy?'

Abigail blinked. "Of course."

Daniel frowned. "But you barely know him. Just a few months ago you were ready to take your vows as a nun."

Her face grew hot and she avoided his intense stare. Now she realized mother superior had been right saying the vocation to be a nun was truly not really hers. She'd been hurt by Daniel's rejection and thought that by burying herself in a convent she could find solace there. Fate had brought her to Gabriel instead.

Abigail turned her head, seeking her husband and was relieved to see him stalking back toward her. This time it was Diamond who intercepted him, keeping him from Abby.

Daniel twirled her again, moving them deeper into the group of dancing couples.

He pressed her closer to him.

"I want you to be happy, Abby. You deserve to be happy."

"I'm sure Gabriel will make me more than happy. I really love him, Daniel."

Daniel's soft smile disappeared. "I thought you loved me."

Abigail's steps faltered. She tried to step away from his embrace, but he only held her tighter. They were almost outside the tent by now and she could no longer see Gabriel.

"I did, Daniel. I truly loved you, but you hose my sister."

Daniel gripped her arm and tugged her the rest of the way out of the tent.

"Where are you taking me, Daniel?" she exclaimed in panic as he dragged her farther out into the darkness.

He suddenly stopped and turned to her, gripping both her arms. "Please tell me you haven't married Gabriel to spite me."

Abigail stared up at him in shock. "I love Gabriel. My marrying him has nothing to do with you." Again, she struggled for him to release her and was relieved when he did. "I need to go back inside. He'll be looking for me," she blurted turning around to run back toward the safety of the tent.

Daniel blocked her way with his own body. She had to plant her hands on his chest to keep from falling back when she ran face first into him. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to frighten you. I just wanted to make sure you weren't making a mistake."

"I already told you, I'm not. I love Gabriel."

At that very moment, Gabriel stepped around Daniel to stand before Abigail.

"What's going on?" he growled, body tense.

Abigail gripped his arms from behind, afraid he'd try to hit Daniel. "It's fine, baby. We were only talking."

Daniel gave him a tight-lipped smile and held out his hand. "Congratulations, brother."

Gabriel hesitated a moment before he clasped Daniel's hand too. Abigail was sure she heard bone crunching as her husband squeezed Daniel's hand hard, eyes ablaze with jealous rage.

"Thank you," he got out through gritted teeth, green eyes narrowed.

Daniel nodded, cleared his throat and nodded. "I guess I go back in and find my fianceé."

"You do that," Gabriel snarled.

Daniel backed away, his eyes darting briefly to Abigail.

Gabriel wrapped one arm around her waist, hauling her possessively to his side as they watched Daniel turn and walk back toward the tent.

Abigail sagged with relief against him.

Gabriel turned and claimed her mouth. He was a bit rough this time, as if wanting to brand her.

"Let's get out of here. Now."

Abigail gulped, and nodded.

He swept her up off her feet and headed toward where the cars were parked.

He strode purposefully toward a black Audi R8. Abigail felt a mixture of excitement and dread pool in her stomach.

The car's lights blinked as the locks disengaged. Giggling, she leaned over in his arms and popped open the passenger side door. Gently, he tucked her inside, gingerly scooping up her long gown into the car before closing the door.

She watched him prowl around the front and get into the driver's seat. Before turning the car on, he leaned over and kissed her again. It was a hungry kiss, full of urgency, a hint of the passion that he was waiting to unleash upon her.

Abigail shuddered in anticipation and a healthy dose of fear. She knew exactly how well endowed her husband was, and she'd never been penetrated.

Abigail clenched her thighs and bit her lip.

"You okay?" he asked in a husky voice.

She nodded. "Yes-yes. Of course." And then she remembered. "Um. I never got to throw my bouquet."

Gabriel just stared at her, finger over the ignition button. "Was that important?"

Abigail thought about it a moment. "Oh...I guess not...very. And you didn't take my garter off me either. You're supposed to toss it to the bachelors. It's like a tradition in weddings."

Gabriel's eyes slowly assessed her from the neck down, making Abigail want to squirm.

"Oh, baby, I'll be taking that garter off, among other things, but no man is getting any of your discarded clothing."

Again, Abigail gulped as he finally turned the car on.

The engine purred with power as he gently revved it. Switching it into gear, he pulled out.

Seconds later he slammed on the brakes as the riotous sound of metal sounded behind them.

"What the..." Gabriel began.

From within the tent, people began to flow out toward them, lead by the members of the band.