DJ Pt. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
o2byoung
o2byoung
135 Followers

When Joe and Jamie returned, I had laid out all the photos on the kitchen table. Some of them were really Epic. The one Annie took, when we all yelled 'Surprise' showed DJ's mouth opened so far his chin was nearly on the floor. The photo of Jamie holding DJ up was really cute. The look of disbelief on his face when he saw that picture of the Tracker, and the note on the back was hilarious.

Anyone walking by, and hearing us laughing, would think our house was an insane asylum. We were laughing so hard, that our sides were aching. DJ probably won't see the humor when he see these photos tonight, but I'm betting he will laugh when he looks at them a few years from now.

I put the photos away for now. I have to be to work at 3 until 9, and Joe's Partner, Mike, will be picking him up here at the house about 3:00 PM, Jamie has an extra hour, as he has to be to work at 4 until 9. DJ will be getting off at 6, but I don't plan to let him see the photos until I get home, about 9:30 and Jamie should also be home about then.

DJ got home about 6:20, fixed himself a snack, and did his homework. He finished that and just relaxed on his bed until he heard me come in with Jamie about 9:20. He came into the kitchen and joined us. I brought out the photos, and we showed them to DJ. He was looking at them so seriously, and Jamie and I were cracking up—again.

"You guys," DJ remarked, "are having an awful lot of fun at my expense. I look terrible, there's nothing funny about these photos!" then, as Jamie and I are laughing hysterically, we saw a grin start to form on DJ's face.

"I don't know how, or when," DJ threatened, "but I'm going to get you guys back!" DJ is genuinely smiling now, and even starting to laugh.

"DJ," Jamie said, "we need to get to my house, and get some sleep, we have school in the morning."

"It's 10:30," I said, "why don't you both just sleep here tonight and go to school from here in the morning."

"I guess we could," Jamie replied, "let me call Mom and let her know."

Jamie made the call, and asked his Mom to hold a minute, "DJ are you working tomorrow?"

DJ, checking the schedule on the fridge, "I'm off."

"Mom, we're both off tomorrow, so we CAN come there after school. See you about 4:00 PM. Goodnight, and we love you."

Jamie's phone rang again.

"Yeah Mom?"

Phone: "Did you get registered for next semester?"

Jamie: Yes Mom, we did that yesterday, we're all set. I'll tell you our schedule tomorrow after we get there. Good night, and thanks for the reminder."

"I'm not used to you guys being here on school mornings," I said, "What time do you need to leave here?"

"About 9:20, our first class is at 10:00," Jamie replied.

"Okay, Sons, I'll plan breakfast for about 8:45, is that early enough?"

"That'll be fine, Dad, thank you," Jamie answered.

Both of the boys wrapped their arms around my neck, Jamie kissed me on the cheek, and DJ kissed me on the lips. They then told me goodnight, and headed to their room. Joe got home about 5 minutes later.

"Hi baby," I greeted him, "Are you hungry?"

"No, Mike and I took a break at Taco Bell about 9:00, Doug, I'm all moved out of the apartment, I still have some things in the car to bring in, but I am officially living here now. I changed my address at the Post Office today, and changed my address at the PD also."

"Joe, I think I'm ready for bed. You probably noticed that both DJ's and Jamie's cars are here. I need to rise earlier than usual to fix them some breakfast before they go to school in the morning, and they need to leave here about 9:20."

"Then let's do it, I'm tired too," Joe said.

Joe took off his belt, with the weapons, and locked them in the safe. I set my alarm for 7:30, Joe and I stripped and slipped into bed. I suspect everyone was sound asleep by 11:30, maybe before.

* * * * * *

Wednesday morning, November 29, my alarm woke me at 7:30 AM. I started the coffee and entered the boy's room, gently shaking their shoulders to wake them. They were both in the kitchen by 7:45, Jamie poured a glass of juice and DJ a mug of coffee, and I started to cook our breakfast of eggs, corned beef hash and English Muffins. Joe was still sleeping.

"Dad," DJ commented, "you were going to give me a grocery list, so I can get the things we need to make the potato salad Sunday."

"Sure, Son," I told him, "take one of those note papers to write on, and I'll tell you what you need. 10 pounds of Redskin potatoes, a sweet red pepper, about 3 cucumbers, a stalk of celery and a quart jar of Duke's mayonnaise."

"That's it?" DJ questioned.

"We have plenty of onions, and all the herbs and seasonings we'll need. You might want to add a small bunch of fresh parsley for garnish."

"What's garnish?"

"It's like, trimming, to make it look pretty, but it's still edible, maybe, since it's a Christmas party, add a small container of grape or cherry tomatoes, also for garnish. The red tomatoes and green parsley are Christmas colors." DJ added parsley and tomatoes to his list.

"Speaking of Christmas, DJ, " Jamie commented, "Mom want's us to put the outdoor lights on the tree in the front yard and set up and decorate the Christmas Tree tonight."

"I've never done that before, I don't know how," DJ responded.

"I'll help you baby," Jamie replied, smiling, "it'll be fun."

Tears welled in my eyes, there are so many things that DJ has never experienced. Happy things, and family things. Christmas is supposed to be a happy time of the year and this will be his first real family Christmas with his newly acquired and loving family. I wonder if his former family even celebrated Christmas at all.

I'm smiling as the boys are eating, and enjoying the breakfast I have prepared for them. To me, cooking a meal for these two amazing young men is not a chore, it's a pure joy. A joy that I've never experienced in my lifetime, until the last few months. Why did I have to wait so many years to experience the joy of fatherhood. I got cheated too.

Had DJ not come into my life, I probably would have died, alone and lonely. Even the happiness I have with Joe is due to DJ's coming into my life. DJ brought Joe and I back together, and we will soon be husbands.

The boys finished eating, went to their room, dressed for school and grabbed their backpacks, kissing and hugging me on their way out, jumped into the Tracker and headed for campus. I know they will be staying at Jamie's house tonight, and probably tomorrow night, but they should be here with us again on Friday night. They may not always be in my arms, but they are always and forever in my heart!

Joe is off today and tomorrow, and I have to work both days. When Joe finally woke up, I fixed us both some breakfast. Joe, since he is off today, is planning to run the cables to hook up his computer and the TV in our room. After breakfast, I showed Joe the photos of DJ's party, and we both nearly died laughing, me for the second time.

* * * * * *

About 4:15 Wednesday afternoon the boys arrived at the Seldon's home after their last class ended. Karen suggested they put up the outdoor lights before eating, while there was still some daylight left.

Jamie pulled down the folding stairway and went into the attic, and handed DJ the three large plastic storage containers that held all the Christmas decorations. They found the outdoor lights, the old fashioned ones with the large bulbs in all colors. (The kind of bulbs that kids like to steal, and throw on the sidewalk and make a loud 'pop' when they break)

Jamie went to the garage and got the 10 foot step ladder, and with DJ's help, they strung the lights on the spruce tree in the front yard. Jamie went back to the garage and got the long extension cord and they connected it between an outside outlet and the tree. The boys then walked down the driveway to view the lit tree from the street.

"It's beautiful!" DJ blurted.

"I've usually had to do it all by myself," Jamie replied, "It was much easier and more fun with you here to help me. I love you so much!"

The two hugged, and shared a passionate and romantic kiss at the end of the drive by the street. If anyone saw them, they could have cared less. They went back to the tree and got the ladder and returned it to the garage, then entered the house through the kitchen door, hanging their jackets and ski caps on the halltree.

Karen, as she ladled two bowls of homemade vegetable beef soup, "The tree looks good! There is plenty of soup, if you guys want seconds." Then she set down two grilled cheese sandwiches to go with the soup. She then ladled a third bowl for herself, and sat down with the boys.

"Wow! This soup is fantastic," DJ exclaimed, "I can tell it didn't come out of any can!"

"Mom never makes soup that isn't great," Jamie commented.

"Thanks, guys." Karen said, smiling, "I'm glad you like it."

DJ, finishing his bowl, "Can I get a refill?"

"Sure," Karen answered, "just help yourselves." Both boys ladled second bowls full. Karen loves to see these boys enjoy eating her food, It makes cooking from scratch worth the extra time and effort it takes.

After eating, the boys tackled the artificial Christmas Tree, and with Karen's sidewalk supervision, finished the trimming about 2 hours later. DJ quickly learned how to trim a tree properly. It was another first time experience in his new life. Having Karen tell them both how beautiful it was caused DJ to smile. Karen loves DJ's smile, it's so real and sincere. Jamie put the nearly empty decoration containers back into the attic.

The boys headed to their room, stripped to their boxer-briefs (yes, they both wear boxer-briefs now) and played games on the play station until nearly 11:00 PM. They then came out, Karen was watching TV, and the boys both stood in the living room doorway, still in their boxer-briefs, and holding hands, admiring the Christmas Tree.

"How about some cookies and milk," Karen offered, "before you go to bed?"

"Sounds great!" DJ responded, as the boys followed Karen into the kitchen.

Karen placed a tub of homemade oatmeal and raisin cookies in the center of the table, and got three glasses from the cupboard and filled them with milk. She then sat down, in between the two boys.

Karen, reaching into the tub of cookies, grinning "I like them too."

Karen and Carl thoroughly enjoy having these two young men in their home, and in their lives. They both hate the nights that the boys spend at my house, as their own home feels so empty without the boys there. I feel the same, when the boys are at the Seldon's home. Maybe Joe and I should move in to the Seldon's home and take over one of their spare bedrooms, and we could all enjoy having the two young men at home, every night. How four grown adults could feel so much desire to have these boys around all the time is beyond my comprehension. It is what it is.

* * * * * *

Thursday morning, November 30th I am a little depressed, as this is the last day Justin is officially the manager of our store. Even though he'll be around, part time, until the 9th of December. We, the employees, have been discussing having a farewell party for him. He has been a superb manager, and we will all miss him, a lot. He has always been there for us, and he is more like family than a boss.

I suspect things may get emotional tonight, when DJ, Justin and I all leave together at 9:00 PM for the last time. Randy will be there also, as Justin will be handing over the keys to him, so that he can open tomorrow morning. I'm certain it will be especially hard on DJ, Justin was the one person to give DJ a chance, and I know that Justin and DJ have a 'special' relationship. I think DJ has always thought of Justin as being like a second father to him.

About 2:00 PM, Joe and I were having lunch together when DJ and Jamie arrived. DJ and I are scheduled to work at 3:00, and he wanted to put on a clean shirt. Jamie was picking up his car, and going back home, as he didn't need to be to work until 5:00 PM. Jamie came in, just for a minute, gave both Joe and myself a hug, and took off. DJ sat with Joe and I at the table, I offered him something to eat, and he said they had already eaten a big meal at Jamie's.

DJ, suddenly having tears running down his face, "Dad, I don't want Justin to leave!"

"DJ," I tried to explain, "Justin is just doing what everyone wants to do, climb the ladder of success. He's been given a larger store, with more responsibility, and a higher salary. Maybe his next step will be to become a supervisor, with even more responsibility, and an even higher salary. He's doing what is best for him, and his family. We all want to do what is best for our loved ones."

"I—I—kind of understand. I wish there was something I could give him, to remember me by."

"Maybe there is something. Hold on a minute."

I went to the computer desk and picked up the photo of DJ, the day of his adoption. I still have another on my dresser, and I can, if need be, get more copies made.

"DJ," I said, handing him the photo, "I think Justin would like this." DJ smiled through his tears.

"I hope so, Dad, could you take your camera to work today, and get me a couple of pictures of Justin, so I can have them, to remember him by?"

"Sure, Son, and we better get ready to leave. We don't want to be late, on Justin's last day as manager."

DJ and I quickly dressed, I grabbed my camera, and we left in separate cars, as DJ would be going to Jamie's for the night and I would be coming home, to Joe. DJ took the photo with him.

DJ and I both clocked in at 2:57, Justin looked up at the clock and smiled.

"Justin," I said, with camera in hand, "Someone special asked me to get a couple of photos of you, for memories sake, do you mind?" Justin knew.

"Not at all, if that someone is willing to be in a photo with me!"

I motioned to DJ to come with us, and we walked out in front of the store. I took a couple of shots of just Justin, and then a couple of Justin, with his arm around DJ's shoulders.

"Thanks, Justin, let me put this camera in the car." DJ made a quick trip to his Tracker, and picked up the photo I had given him.

Justin walked back to the pharmacy, and DJ came back in and also headed to the pharmacy.

"Justin," DJ spoke softly, "I wanted to give you something to remember me by," and handed the photo to Justin.

Justin looked at the photo and his eyes suddenly started to water, and he held the photo to his breast.

"Thank you, DJ," Justin said softly, "even without this, I could never forget you."

DJ went out to the store area to help a customer find what they were looking for, and I picked up the box of deliveries and left. A little later Justin asked me if I could get some extra prints, not of the photos of him, but the ones of him and DJ together. I told him I would be happy to do that.

* * * * * *

I returned to the store, after making my last deliveries, about 8:45. DJ was closing cashier, Justin and Randy were both in the pharmacy. Justin unlocked and opened a draw, showing Randy the spare set of keys, for the assistant manager, and was going through the procedures and passwords for the alarm system and the computer system.

"Randy," Justin stated, "I'll give you my keys now, and you can set the alarm and lock up tonight, when we leave." Then, "Randy, you should remember Doug Kendall, he is our delivery person, and also DJ's father."

Randy had a strange and questioning look on his face. DJ had been counting the register, setting the till for the next shift. He walked over and turned off the 'OPEN' sign, and brought the cash register draw to be placed in the safe, and the envelope holding the deposit to be made, placing both in the safe, and Justin closed the safe.

"Welcome back, Dad," DJ spoke.

"Justin," Randy asked, "you don't count behind the cashiers?"

"Not as a rule, all of our cashiers are pretty accurate money counters. Only if there is a discrepancy between the deposit and the sales, and they will tell me if they don't match."

"Justin, you said that Doug, here, is DJ's father?"

"Randy," Justin replied, "I told you that DJ and Doug were father and son."

"But," Randy stumbled, "does DJ just live with Doug—or?"

"I'll help you out Randy," I explained, "I adopted DJ, legally, and he is my very own loving Son. I am Douglas Ryan Kendall, and DJ is Douglas Joseph Kendall."

Randy nodding, "Ok, I understand now." DJ is grinning. DJ loves to hear, or see, his full name.

"Randy," Justin spoke, "DJ has a knack for tugging at peoples heartstrings, he'll steal your heart, just like he stole Doug's and mine. You'll not find a father and son any closer than these two are to each other. DJ is an exceptional young man, and an outstanding employee."

"Randy, we're closed, and it's time to go home. I'll walk with you, and you can set the alarm, and we leave together, and you can lock the door."

Randy turned out the overhead lights, leaving the security lights on, set the alarm, and we all headed out the door, Randy locked it behind us. He looked at the door, and there was lettering that stated 'Justin Wade, General Manager'.

"I guess I need to get that changed," Randy commented, pointing at the lettering. "DJ, do you work tomorrow?"

"4 to 9, sir," DJ replied, "I hope I can please you, sir."

"DJ!" Randy responded, "you don't have to be so damned proper, I go by 'Randy'.

"I guess that's a carryover from my year in military academy, sir—Randy."

Randy, putting his arm around DJ's shoulders, "DJ, I promised Justin I would take care of you, and I try really hard not to break promises. You do your job and we'll be just fine. I'll see you tomorrow at 4:00"

"Thank you, Randy, goodnight, and goodnight Justin."

Joe is waiting for me at home, as he is off today. DJ took off for Jamie's house, as they are going from there to school in the morning, and Justin just went home to his wife and kids. I don't know yet where Randy is living, or staying.

Randy is thinking to himself that DJ is a delightful young man, and Justin is right, DJ can steal hearts, without even trying. Justin had told him that Doug was soon to marry Joe, a local police officer, and that DJ and his boyfriend were both in community college, pursuing careers as Pharmacy Technicians, but he's not ready to let either Doug or DJ know, that he knows their little secrets. (Is there really any secret)

DJ drove to Jamie's, and Jamie was not there yet. DJ knocked at the kitchen door, and Karen answered it, looking surprised.

"Why are you knocking?" Karen asked, "This door is normally unlocked and you can just walk in."

"Well," DJ replied, "it's just not polite to just walk into someone's house without knocking."

"Honey," Karen explained, "don't you know that this is your home too? You're not a stranger, you're family. You're our other son!"

Karen wrapped her arms around DJ and kissed him tenderly on the lips.

"I think I got out of work a little sooner than Jamie, but he should be along shortly. We were both scheduled off at 9:00.

"Can you handle some more of that soup?" Karen asked.

"Sure!" DJ exclaimed, smiling, while taking off his jacket and hanging it up on the hall tree.

Karen, taking the pot from the fridge and placing it on the stove, "Maybe you and Jamie can finish it off, and I can wash the pot. Did you meet your new manager tonight? And what do you think of him?"

"He's not Justin, but he seems pretty cool. I'll be working with him tomorrow and probably the new assistant manager too, her name is Gloria, but I haven't met her yet. Randy told me he promised Justin that he would take care of me, and as long as I do my job we'd get along fine."

Jamie walked in, just when the soup was ready, and the boys did finish it off, complete with more of the oatmeal raisin cookies. It was getting late, and the boys soon went to bed, as they had school tomorrow.

o2byoung
o2byoung
135 Followers