DJ Pt. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
o2byoung
o2byoung
135 Followers

They spent just a few minutes, kissing and caressing each other and both fell asleep in each other's arms.

* * * * * *

It's Friday, December 1st and Karen was trying to figure what to fix the boys for breakfast. She looked at the clock, wondering why the boys had not shown their faces yet. They are usually up around 8:00 AM and it's nearly 8:30. She was afraid they might be oversleeping, so she went to their room and knocked on the door.

A groggy "come in" answered, so she opened the door, and announced that it was 8:30 already.

"Oh, shit!" Jamie exclaimed, throwing the covers off and exposing both of their naked bodies.

Karen wheeled around, closing the door behind her. She suspected they might sleep naked, now she knew. She grinned a little and went back to the kitchen, shaking her head. She beat up some eggs in the blender and made them Ham and Cheese omelets. The boys came out to the kitchen wearing boxer-briefs, ate and drank their juice and coffee. There was no time for a shower this morning.

"Well," Karen stated, grinning," I got one curiosity answered today. I've somehow suspected that you guys slept naked, now I know you do." Both boys suddenly felt the blood rushing to their faces. Then "It's OK, I think you may just take after your parents!"

"Mom," Jamie remarked, "Are you saying that you and Dad sleep, that way?"

"More often than not," Karen admitted, "It feels good. Shouldn't people sleep in comfort? If you're comfortable sleeping raw, then why should anyone care? It's not like you're naked out in public."

"I think, Jamie," DJ said, "Mom's on our side!" Jamie smiled.

"What are your schedules today?" Karen asked.

Jamie answered, "DJ is driving us to school and back here this afternoon, so we can change, then we're driving separately to work, and then to DJ's for the night. We both are scheduled to work at 4:00 but DJ gets off at 9:00 and I won't be off until 11:00."

"Did Joe get all moved in?" Karen asked.

"Yep," Jamie answered, "He and I got the last of his stuff from the apartment on Tuesday, so he is officially living at DJ's and Doug's. Now that Joe is on afternoon shift, he's home every night, and it's made Dad pretty happy too, as he no longer has to sleep alone."

"There's just one more piece to the puzzle," DJ added, "but January 14th is coming, the day they get married. I can hardly wait. We may have a little different kind of family, but we're a very happy family. There sure is a lot of love in our home!"

"DJ, it's almost 9:15, we need to get dressed and get out of here!" Jamie exclaimed.

The boys ran to their room, put on school clothes, came back to the kitchen, kissed Karen goodbye, donned their jackets and fled.

Friday was pretty uneventful at school, they were still doing review, as final exams were next week. I worked my normal shift at the store from 3:00 until 9:00, and DJ from 4:00 until 9:00. Randy introduced both of us to Gloria, and she took over as manager from 5:00 to close.

It seemed a little weird, especially to DJ, to be working with a female manager, but she seemed to know her job well, and there were no problems. She mentioned to me, on the qt, that she thought DJ was a sweetheart, so evidently she likes DJ. Gloria seems to be in her late 30's, she is black, but very pleasant. I'm not certain how the management schedule will be, it's been a long time since we've had an assistant manager at this store.

I was in from the last deliveries shortly after 8:00 PM and Gloria asked me to please empty the trash containers, and take the trash to the dumpster. I'd never been asked to do that before, but her attitude was so pleasant, I couldn't refuse. I'd guess, since I'm on the clock, I wouldn't have a right to refuse, anyway.

At 8:55, with no customers in the store, DJ started to count the till, and when he took the draw and the money to the back Gloria said she was going to do a recount. I want to talk with Randy, about maybe giving me Wednesdays and Thursdays off so I can be off the same nights as Joe.

Gloria wouldn't let DJ clock out, until she finished the recount, which let him gain an extra 10 minutes. The recount, of course, showed there were no discrepancies. I clocked out at 9:00 so left a few minutes ahead of DJ. After DJ clocked out, DJ and Gloria left together, and Gloria locked the door behind them.

Gloria, as they headed toward their parked cars, "Good job, sweetie, see you tomorrow."

DJ, smiling, "Thank you, ma'am." DJ loves complements.

I'm at home, trying to conjure up something to feed us all, and my phone rang, it was DJ.

"Hi Son, is everything ok?

"Yeah, Dad, what time does the market close?"

"I'm not positive, DJ, I think 11:00 but it might be 10:00."

"I thought I'd go pick up those items we need for the salad, and maybe some Ice Cream."

"OK, while you're there would you grab a gallon of milk? I need it to finish cooking our supper."

"Sure Dad, see you in a few, I love you."

I can't help but think that the three simple words 'I Love You' were probably not even in DJ's vocabulary a year ago, and today he uses them on a daily basis. He's changed a lot, in eight months, and all in a positive direction. I sure do love, and admire him.

Now I know what I can fix us, I have two family sized Mac and Cheese dinners, and no milk, but we will have when DJ gets here. Mac and Cheese, with fried Spam, it's what's for dinner.

DJ's phone rang, it was Jamie.

"Hi Baby."

"DJ, do you want me to get a big pizza and bring home?"

"I don't think so, not tonight, Dad's cooking up something for us."

"OK baby, see you about 11:30, I love you."

"I love you too, Jamie."

DJ got home about 10:15 with the goods from the market. He put the Ice Cream in the freezer, I told him to leave the milk out, and he put the potatoes and Mayo down in a cupboard, and the perishables in the fridge.

I already had the macaroni cooked and drained. Two family sized packages of Mac and Cheese make quite a bit, but there are four of us, and two are teens, well, almost, as DJ is now 20. I went ahead and finished the Mac and Cheese, and left it on a burner on Warm. I planned to fry the Spam about 15 minutes before Jamie would be arriving.

Joe walked in at just about 11:00, and I told him my supper plans. He gave me a loving hug and kiss, and sat down at the table.

"Dad," DJ questioned, "Do we have any Christmas Decorations?"

I was a simple enough and innocent question, and really only needed a 'yes' or 'no' answer, but it wasn't that easy. The simple answer would be 'no' but I needed to explain it.

"Son, we don't have any Christmas Decorations. Until now, I've never needed them. I've lived alone, in this house, for thirty-some years. I had no close relatives or friends, no one to love, and no one to love me. I never decorated this house, never had a Christmas Tree, I never could get into the holiday spirit."

Jamie evidently got out a little earlier than 11:00 as he just walked in the door, quietly kissed DJ, and sat down, listening to my rant. Joe came to my rescue, realizing I couldn't cook, and say what I needed to explain, at the same time, and finished preparing our supper. He finished the Mac and Cheese, and sliced the Spam, and fried it.

"DJ, my life was a lot like yours was, before we met. Yes, I held a job, I paid my bills, my biggest form of entertainment was to watch a little TV, and even that was boring. I didn't do anything, I didn't even go out and have a few drinks with friends, because I had no friends, and the only thing booze would do is get me drunk, and give me a headache the next morning."

"Was I supposed to decorate my house, just so passers by could see it? So I could look at it and say 'Doug, your house is pretty'. So who really gave a fuck, whether I put up decorations or not."

"Christmas is supposed to be a time of family gatherings, cheer, happiness, celebrations with loved ones and friends. Humbug!"

"Maybe, DJ, just maybe, we can turn this old ship around, and head it into warmer waters. This Christmas will be different, for me, than the last 30 or 40 Christmas's. I have something this year that I haven't had before. I have a Son, a Son that means everything to me."

"A year ago, I didn't care if I lived or died, life was of no value to me, I just existed from day to day. And then, like magic, things started to change. The very first day I met you, I started to love you, and every time we were in contact, I loved you more. I soon wanted to be your father. And I worked toward that goal, until I made you mine, all mine. Now I have a reason to live."

It wasn't my intention to make DJ cry, but he was shedding about a gallon of tears. Jamie wrapped his arms around DJ, trying to console him, and had some tears of his own, sliding down his face.

"DJ, I think you are competent and smart enough, that you probably could make it on your own. You now have friends that have come to know you, that would help you. What you may not know, is that you are my life support. Things have changed, I need you now, more than you need me. DJ, you are my world!"

"DJ," Joe commented, "Doug and I do love each other a lot, but I'm second fiddle. There is no way I can compete with you for Doug's love. There is no love any stronger than a loving father's love for his son. I am pretty anxious for Doug and I to become husbands, and I can also share my love with you. That's bullshit, I already do love you, unconditionally, just like your Dad does. You've got two very loving fathers, and our marriage will just strengthen our family and make it more legitimate."

I reached in my wallet and took out four $20.00 bills.

"Tomorrow is Saturday," I said, handing the $80.00 to DJ, "Take your boyfriend, and go get some Christmas Decorations, and make this house Christmassy! We're going to have a Merry Christmas this year! DJ, dry those lovely brown eyes, and give us a smile."

When DJ smiles, it melts hearts. It's so sincere and so beautiful. We finally ate, there was more Mac and Cheese than we could eat, so I put the rest in the fridge for leftovers. None of us needs to get up early tomorrow, all four of us are scheduled at 3:00 PM and we all went to bed, after eating.

DJ spoke, "Jamie, you are going to help me decorate, aren't you?"

"Sure, baby, shall we get a tree? I think, with some rearranging, we can make room in the den for maybe a 3 or 4 foot tree."

"I'd like that, Jamie, and maybe we can pick up a couple of Christmas CD's, I doubt Dad has any. Goodnight, baby."

The two boys shared a passionate kiss, and drifted off.

(to be continued)

I will mention again: I love comments!

Authors Note:

Once again, unexpected things take time and room, I was hoping to at least get through the Alliance Christmas Party but...

Coming it Part 13:

DJ decorates Doug's house, for the first time ever.

DJ learns to make potato salad (with Doug's guidance)

The Rainbow Alliance Christmas Party on December 4th

A winter storm, DJ gets to try out his 4X4, for real

o2byoung
o2byoung
135 Followers