Done Too Soon

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

I didn't stop there. I kept attacking Virginia's clit, making her scream again and again until she could take no more. Only then did I stop, my only regret being I would never hear those sounds again.

When Virginia pulled herself off and collapsed next to me, totally sated, I turned to face her, the taste of her delicious juices still on my tongue and lips. I ignored the pain, trying to break through my mood as I watched Virginia practically glow from the endorphins running through her body. As I savored Virginia's juices, her breathing settled down, and I watched her body relax and go completely limp. I was thrilled I had managed to make her scream my name one last time...

The End

... I felt my hand being picked up. That hand holding my hand so tenderly brought back memories of the many times it had stroked me, sending shivers throughout my body. I felt a light squeeze on my hand as Virginia said, "Hey, sweetie, I made it."

I heard the relief in her voice for having made it in time, fighting against the sense of loss she felt as I gathered my remaining strength for what I had to do. I needed to make sure Virginia accepted my death and would move on and find someone to love. I knew if Virginia promised me what I asked, I wouldn't have to worry about her anymore. Virginia had never broken a promise to me, and I knew she wouldn't start now.

As I opened my eyes, her face filled my view, and I could see the unshed tears in her eyes and the quiver of her chin as she accepted the fact my life was at an end. I locked eyes with her and said, "Virginia, I need you to make me a promise."

I watched her face, and I could see her struggle to answer. I knew she knew what I was going to ask of her. I could see her fighting against her desire to deny my request. It wasn't an unreasonable request, but her acceptance of it meant she would finally have to admit to herself I would soon be dead.

Her internal battle resolved; acceptance spread over her face as she said, "Anything, my love."

Making sure I got it right, having practiced it many times over the last two days, I said. "Promise me you'll find someone to love. Please, dear. I don't want you to be alone the rest of your life."

I watched her face as she processed my request. I saw the tears start flowing as the last barrier to her acceptance of my death came down. I saw her gather herself before she said, "Only if you promise me something in return. Promise me you'll wait for me."

Once again, I was astounded by the love Virginia had for me. I was thrilled how, even at this moment of my imminent ending, Virginia still wanted to be with me, even in death. I wasn't as religious as she was, and I wasn't sure there was an afterlife, although I hoped there was one. I knew Virginia believed in an afterlife and would agree to my request if I accepted hers. I felt a smile creep across my lips as I thought about being with Virginia in the afterlife. I looked her in the eye and said, "I promise I'll wait forever for you, my love."

I saw the impact my promise made on Virginia, and despite the tears streaming down her face, a small smile flitted across her lips as she said, "I promise I'll find someone to love." I heard the truth in her voice and rejoiced in the knowledge that I had accomplished my last task.

Virginia leaned in for one last kiss, and I reveled in the feel of her lips on mine, knowing it was the last time I would feel those soft lips. Those lips had nuzzled every square inch of my body, as mine had nuzzled every square inch of hers. I wanted this last kiss to last forever. However, it ended, as all things eventually do. Virginia pulled back with a sad smile on her face despite the tears.

"You better, or I'll kick your ass when I see you again," I whispered, making one last effort to break the somber mood as my eyelids grew heavy and my eyes closed. The last thing I saw was Virginia's beautiful face, that face I wanted to remember as the blackness welled up.

As I started fading, I felt, more than heard, Mom and the boys gathering around, instinctively knowing my time was up.

The last words I heard from my love's lips were, "I love you." I felt Virginia's love for me in those three words, and only now did I finally understand the enormity of those three words.

I felt the blackness overwhelming me after Virginia's declaration, but I wasn't afraid anymore. Before it completely enfolded me, I made my final declaration as I whispered with my last breath, "I love... you more...."

***

... Finally, I saw Him in the distance. He was looking for me, and when He spied me flying toward Him, a huge smile creased His face, and His arms went wide as He went down on one knee. I launched myself at Him, knowing He would catch me. I screamed, "Daddy!" as I crashed into Him, causing Him to make an "Oomph!" sound as His arms went around me, lifting me and pulling me into a big bear hug.

My arms went around His neck, and my legs went around His waist. I could feel the stubble as I kissed His cheek. I said, "I'm so glad to see you again, Daddy. I missed you so much!"

"Oh, Punkin, I missed you so much, too! I'm so glad you found me!" He said, and I could see the tears in His eyes.

"You're not going to leave me again, are you, Daddy?" I asked as I buried my face into His neck.

"No, Punkin," He said, and I could hear the truth in His voice. "Not ever, never, ever, again..."

***

Postscript

I know this was a harrowing story to read, so I'm glad you made it this far. When a loved one dies, it hurts. It hurts even more when a loved one dies so young. Bonnie faced her death with grace and dignity, helping Virginia, Matthew, Mark, and Grace get past it and move on with their lives. When my time comes, I hope I can face it with the grace and dignity that Bonnie did.

While writing this story, I found a song by Dido titled 'See the Sun.' I played it a lot as I put this story together. If it had been available in 1992, I would have wanted to play it for Virginia. I've put a link to a YouTube video of this song on my Bio page.

I'm glad Virginia (and Judy) got to see the sun again.