Drummer Boy - Back Into Hell Ch. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Jason looked about him at the denizens of this world that was not a world. A slow-moving bolt of lightning crackled down from the sky, blinding him for a second, and then the world flashed red.

When his vision returned, he saw that the people no longer looked like people, not humans anyway, but rather a variety of alien forms and shapes. The only things they shared in common were their staring, yellow, feline eyes, and an unmistakable hungry menace. Jason felt that he was trapped with these hungry souls. Trapped with them in the deepest hole in the world.

"They made the wrong choice too, once," came the echoing voice of the Thing. "They've been here a long time, and they're not going anywhere soon, and they're very, very angry with themselves. They'd like nothing more than to have some poor soul, some fresh meat, to work their frustrations out on."

Suddenly, the world flashed blue again. The food truck court and everything else reappeared, just as it had been. The only difference now was that the people, even Priya, were all gone. There was only Jason, the Thing, and the portal.

"Well, thank you very much for every future nightmare," Jason said. "But honestly, you had me at 'save Pearl'."

"Good to hear," the Thing said. "Now hop to it."

Jason walked up to the portal. He took a deep breath, and was about to step in, when the Thing spoke.

"I gotta know," the Thing in the Way said, "do you still love her? After all this time, and all this bullshit... do you love her still?"

Jason thought about it for a few seconds before answering. "Yeah, I do," he said at last. "And I always will, I guess. But it's like, far away, and I think it belongs there. I'm in love with Pearl now, and it's a different kind of love, somehow." Jason shook his head. "I guess I've moved on."

"Hmm," the Thing said. "We should all be so lucky."

The Thing lit yet another joint, a skinny one this time, puffing on it as he said, "Get the fuck outta here."

Without further ado, Jason stepped into the portal, and got the fuck outta there.

To Be Continued