Edwina's Second Chance Ch.04

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"I am charged with the responsibility of making sure that things run smoothly," the demon said, "And by 'things', I am alluding to what you and others might call fate. I do not have to get involved directly most of the time, but now and again, ... I find that I must take an active hand and steer things in the right direction – in the way that they should have gone, but didn't for one reason or another.

For this," he smiled, shaking his horned head in a little amusement at himself, "I lie at fault a little, though it was not my intent. I only did not know the way of things and all of the facts.

Once upon a time, you might say," he laughed a little, "there were two who were in love and though they were not really what each one was made to be for the other, it was decided a little by the machinery of destiny that they be together."

He looked from one to the other, "And I am referring to the two of you."

He indicated Edwina with a long raised claw, "She has begun to know it. You on the other hand, have no inkling just yet, and rather than allow any number of factors to ruin what was to be – yet again – since I can tell you that it has already happened a time or eight, at the least, I have decided to act now. Have another sip of that ale, Tommy Bryce Anderson. You're going to need it, my friend."

He chuckled for a long time after that, absorbed by whatever he found to be so mirthful in this. He didn't let on, but what he felt in actual fact was the beginnings of a great deal of relief and anticipation at the chance to set things right.

Tommy only knew that he could not leave this place. He could move a little and he could drink the beverage, but he knew that without any doubt, he could not walk up those steps. He didn't even need to try to turn around. He knew that the steps would not be there now. What he found to be a great comfort to him in this strangeness was the way that Edwina stood with her arm around his waist, holding herself against him.

"I have many names," the demon said, "and you, my friend, have HAD many names. For now, all that I will tell you is that in matters such as this, I am called the Prince of Death.

You are called Tommy and all the rest of it, but that is not the real name for who you are underneath that fine human skin. He pointed with that claw once more, "Any more than this female here is Edwina Rosemount, though that is who she was for a time."

He sipped his ale and then he looked up, grinning a little, "And allow me to set your heart at ease. She is not dead, though her assumptions were correct. For a time, she was, and I have set her soul into that body once again only today. This very morning, she awoke and through a little prodding from me in both of your lives, you have found each other at last for the first time in so long that even I do not know the correct count of the time."

For the first time, the creature looked a little serious. "A long time ago, by your way of reckoning it, something happened which should not have.

You are a relation of mine, Tommy. A distant one, I'll grant, but a relation nonetheless. While I make my attempt to tell it all to you, I would appreciate it if you would listen and do your very best not to interrupt me. I might act a little charitable right here and now, but I am in possession of a rather demonic rage if I were to have reason to release it and that is something that you do not want to see, and especially not now, while I try to mend what has gone wrong so many times.

You are a creature who was birthed by a goddess. As is the case with gods and goddesses, they tend to collect an assortment of names as well. Your mother is, or rather was known by many names in her time when many humans prayed to her. For a long time, the name which she preferred was Astarte.

But I know her as Ashtoreth, and she is my female and has been for many an age. Goddesses are not usually drawn to mate with my kind any more than we are drawn to them, but for us it happened and we are still so very much in love all of this time later, so if anyone might understand about the troubles of a pair not unlike ourselves, it is me.

Ashtoreth was mated by a demon who crept up on her for many nights as she slept. I cannot say that I understand how it was done, but he was able to do that for a time and she became heavy with his child. That child is you.

You are both god-kind and demon-kind, and your true name is –"

"Jorret," the girl next to him said in a curious little half-whisper and to Tommy, it was filled with a lot of love somehow and, though the sound of it caused the hair at the back of his neck to rise a little, he also drew comfort from it, knowing somehow that no matter what was said here, this girl loved him.

The demon smiled, "Thank you, Hammah. But please allow me to finish."

He was smiling as he looked at Tommy again. "That is your true name. Hammah was for you and you were for her, but she made a small error in judgement when you were both rather young and it happened at a time when you were the most vulnerable to having a doubt.

You left and through a rather nasty set of infernal dealings with another relation of mine, you were led astray, choosing an unending series of human lives because you wished to forget what it was that hurt you.

In my own opinion, if you had been my natural son – as opposed to my stepson as you are now, and if I'd known of it all, I would have advised you to stop being ridiculous and ignore anything that you might have heard. What you should have done was go to Hammah and take her – just as she wished for you to do with her this night. Just as you have done to make her yours and," he smirked, " just as she has taken you to be hers."

He laughed loudly then, "Just as it was to have happened between you in the first place. None of this horseshit would have come about then.

There were many at one time, demon-kind and god-kind both who sneered at such a thing. Well I can say that after all of this time, you now have many well-wishers on both sides for the way that you have found each other and each known that it was to be, though neither one knew just why until Hammah began to see it only moments ago.

But it did not go rightly at first and you disappeared from everyone's knowledge for thousands of these mortal years.

As I have said, I knew little to nothing of any of it, but I put my finger into it all the same," he sighed, and that now brings us a little closer to now – but for one terrible night over a hundred and fifty years ago.

Hammah there, beautiful and lonely, hurting always with the guilt which she has suffered for her part in this tragedy, disappeared as well, for she sought to find you in the sea of humanity on this world and she was close, Jorret. So very close, she was.

She was born here, knowing that you were born elsewhere, but that you were fated to live as a lumber man who would one day in the near future be working just to the north of this little place. But to cross over to the human world for one of us is to have many memories cleared away unless one takes precautions.

She had no way to take those precautions because she is neither of the things that you are. She is a human female, though she suckled at the same divine breasts which you did for a very short time, and in doing that, she also got some demonic blood which belonged to your father before Ashtoreth slew him."

He sighed again, "It proved to be insufficient and she forgot everything, just as you did.

She grew up here and she eventually married an ogre named Armbruster Gibbons, whom I caused to pass myself. Sadly, I came too late to help 'Edwina' here. She perished as she ran from the damage to her skull which Gibbons inflicted. He was a very small person, but he was a large sort of oaf and Edwina died where she finally fell as she ran from him.

I happened to be on my way to help her, not knowing that she was one of the two which I sought. She knew nothing of it, I'm sure, but she died in my arms.

I dealt Gibbons his death early on the following day, but before that, I set a pack of watchers on him and I took Ewina away. It all left me with a problem. After bringing the stained soul of a cruel man to Perdition, I didn't know what to do with her. So like others who had fallen into my hands at various times, she became a plaything of mine for a while and I have always treated her very gently, knowing that she has harmed no one from what I could sense in her.

If I had only known, Jorret, I'd have reunited you with her in an instant. As she stands here, she cannot hear what I say and I have taken her memory of her time with me from her. There is no pain for her there; I kept her only until I had learned of everything and who she was. All that she knew with me was a little joy and I never harmed her in the slightest, for it is not my way with lost ones such as she was to me.

It was my lovely Ashtoreth who saw her and knew in an instant. Ever since then, I have been trying to get her into your arms where she belongs.

All that remains now," he smiled as he saw his goddess approach from behind the pair in front of him, "Are the mending of a few details and one slightly carnal act to give you both back what you ought to know but cannot hold inside of you without that act."

Edwina's eyes rolled forward and she felt more connected to things than she'd felt for the past little while. She intended to look at Tommy and smile, but she found herslf staring for a moment and then she sighed very happily at the one that she saw.

All day long, Tommy had looked so good to her and it was only hours later, that she knew that he reminded her so strongly of someone though she couldn't think of who it might have been. As she looked at him now, she saw that he was Jorret – the one and only – the one whom she'd missed for so very long and he was changing.

Tommy knew that he was still tied in some way – he really had very little freedom to move very much and what was worse – well, he thought that it was worse, though he wasn't really certain – was that his point of view was shifting a little. He seemed to be shrinking, though he didn't feel as though he was. He found himself bending forward and his hands, which now looked familiar in a way that he hadn't seen them in a long time, were now rather fearsome clawed things themselves and he stood on all fours. Something moved against his leg and he looked down.

He was startled to find himself looking underneath his own body – which was not looking all that familiar to him now, though it FELT familiar to him. What he saw there was his tail and he felt the moisture which seeped from the final six inches or so of it.

They both felt the touch on their shoulders then and they heard a voice which they knew and hadn't heard in so long.

"My little family," they heard as Ashtereth spoke to them softly, "Wait but a few moments and it will be done."

Neither of them could turn around to look, but the goddess walked into their view and stood before them, the same beautiful female which they remembered as she kept her hands on each of them while the demon stood up and walked toward them.

"Hammah, my stepdaughter," he said quietly, "You do not need much from me because of our time together. Bend down for me before we frighten your male."

She lowered herself to her hands and knees and she felt his fingers as they began to work her a little in very soft motions and she moaned a little, not being able to help it.

"Jorret will be yours again very soon, my lovely foundling, " the goddess sighed.

Hammah – as she now knew herself felt it as the demon's tail whipped up to slip between her haunches and she felt the small intrusion of it just before she felt what it brought to her. Her mind began to flood with the combined memories of both Hammah the altered human girl and Edwina Rosemount. She knew everything in an instant and then the tail was gone.

"Hold on to your love," the goddess smiled and Hammah reached to hug Jorret, throwing her arms around his thick neck.

She squeezed him very tightly, "I still love you so, Jorret," she sighed to him as she kissed his cheek.

He struggled with his nervousness and his suddenly poor enunciation past the mouthful of demonic teeth which he suddenly noticed. "I can only remmm- member a little, Hammah," he said sadly, "but I remember y-you."

He felt her hand as it brushed under his hard belly while she reached back for what she'd missed from him for ages, "Calm yourself, Jorret. Feel my hand and what I want with you,"

She sighed then as she felt the swell in her hand as he hardened for her, just as he had so long ago. She also heard his thin gasp from the intrusion of that tail in him as it sought the nerves which were needed for the transfer.

His eye opened wide as he suddenly came to know everything, of both beings – himself and Tommy.

He felt weak then and Hammah helped him to ease down onto his front on the floor. There was darkness for him after that.

-------------------------------------

When he opened his eyes, it was quite a bit later, and he was lying on the bed with Hammah a little on top of him. She noticed that he was awake and she smiled at him and pointed at a ton of paper there on the bed, some of it in sheets and some of it was only little wallet-sized cards.

"Edwina has the life that she needs," she smiled, "Everything that you told me would be needed and more than even that. I do not need to see anyone now. I never knew our stepfather well before, but I see now that he is very kind to us."

"Put it somewhere safe, Hammah," he growled without meaning to, "and then please tell me what happened."

She nodded and he watched as she gathered it all up and carefully set it aside on the nightstand before she came back to the bed and draped herself over him as though they had been doing that forever.

"We probably might have gone on together as Edwina and Tommy as we were – and we can still do that, Jorret. But through our mother's kindness and through her male's as well, we have been given the memories and thoughts of both of those people. We can live those lives whenever we wish. It makes little difference to me, Jorret, since all that I really need is to have you near to me.

But for you, brother," she smiled, "you can live as Tommy and whenever you would like to, you can change back to my brother, Jorret. I will love you always in either shape. We are as we were meant to be, the girl and the half-demon. Both of us are a little godlike – you more than I, as it always was. But this time, oh, this time, my lover, I will never let you go again."

He stretched then, his forelegs running far past the foot of the bed and his hind legs reaching the head board and having to move sideways to get the room they needed for it. "This feels so good to me," he said a little absently as Hammah rolled over him to hug his fur-covered back. It caused him to chuckle a little.

"You feel so good to me, Hammah. Forgive my stupidity."

She shook her head, "We were both stupid, so there is nothing to forgive and there never was."

-----------------------------

He sat against the headboard, holding Hammah up as she writhed on his hardness in his lap. Her hair was wet with her sweat and her breath almost whistled through her teeth as she fucked on him. He felt her heat as well as his own and without having to feel for it, he knew that his fur was as damp as her long mane and he couldn't have been happier.

He watched her, taken by her beauty and wantonness and a moment later, he reached out very carefully and held her to him as he sat up a little to kiss her and run his wide tongue over her face and neck.

Hammah whimpered her love to him and he allowed her to fall backward very slowly – still in his powerful but gentle grasp so that he could get to her large nipples with his long teeth to feel the way that she could make them slide wetly over and between them.

Hammah made it sound as though it was nothing much, but he knew that he really had two females in this one lovely creature. Edwina was smaller in her body's dimensions. It wasn't all that much, but to him, it was something. As well, her breasts were smaller and she had that fine tight little bum.

Hammah, the girl who now fucked him so well, was a bit larger, with the same breasts that he'd watched grow in when they'd been young.

And Hammah had a magnificent ass, hands down.

"We – we cannot do it while, ... " she huffed as she went on working them, "while we have these lives, Jorret,"

He wasn't sure just where she was going with what she was trying to tell him now, but he loved the way that she had of making him feel. Hammah's hair was night black while Edwina's was honry-blonde and it always got to him now whenever she switched between the two in mid-fuck. He loved the way that it felt different all of a sudden – which was also why she did it, though from her point of view. In any event, he smiled as he waited for the words to come out of her.

He only hoped that this bed was stronger than the last one. The two of them had reduced it to broken pieces of pressboard in an hour and had taken to making their sometimes violent style of hungry love on the floor. He could handle that easily in this shape, but he knew that it wasn't the best thing for her.

"After, ... after that, "she moaned, "Ohhh, after, then we can still use those shapes, but, ... Jorret, then I want to be bred by my beast."

She began to bounce on him as hard as she could, driving down on his fat spike as though she was still possessed by the older demon. "I want to make little beasts with you, Jorret. Are you ready yet?"

He lifted his tail from where it lay between his knees and he looked past her moving shoulders at the glistening end for a moment.

"Thin or fat?" he asked.

Hammah's head fell forward onto his shoulder and she kissed his throat wetly for a moment. "Ohhh, .... I don't fucking care, Jorret. Just fuck me with that thing too and Ah! Ahhh , so good it is."

She hugged his neck tightly as she looked into his eyes, "Just put it in deeper and I will sing my song for you again."

----------------------------------------

The terrified customers lay face-down on the floor of the bank as the four men prepared to hold them hostage. The situation had gone bad and could very easily get worse if things didn't improve for them soon. At least the cops hadn't shown yet, but, ...

Some were whimpering. A woman held her child to her tightly while she cried as silently as she could and an elderly man held his hands against his chest with a grimace of pain.

"What the FUCK happened out back?" one of the men asked another who shook his head.

"Dude, there's a thing out there, some kind of animal, I dunno. But I swear to God, it was eating Tony and then it started eating the car. It was eating the fucking car!"

He held up his hand, "Swear man, I swear that's what I saw."

"You're so fucked," the other man said in disgust, "You just can't keep that shit out of your mouth, can you? Just stay here and keep the sheep calm. I'ma find out what's really goin' down and if I need to, I'ma get us another car. I can fucking drive as good as that shit Tony."

He looked at the bank tellers and he bellowed, "Awwite, anybody with car keys, pull them outta your pockets and just leave them on the floor next to you. DO IT! Do it NOW!"

There were a few jingling sounds and then he picked one set up, as the muzzle of his shotgun came to rest on the old man's head, "What kinda car you got, Grandpa?"

"The fuck you askin' stupid shit for?" a third one of them grinned, "He's an old man. Only one kind of car for old men." He leaned forward and looked down, "A Buick, right?"

The elderly man nodded and said that it was a gold one and the two men laughed, "Right."