Emily's Home - Ginger's Out Ch. 03

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

"Ohhell yeah!! I forget; does asshole come get the kids?"

"Yeah, he does, usually before dinner."

"Perfect! Soon as he leaves, you are out the door. Go somewhere nice and buy yourself a slinky, sexy outfit. Absolutely knock his socks off honey." I meantevery word and no, I would not go with. In fact, I might call Lily after this!

"I'll do it! And no, I wouldn't think of asking you to go with me. That would be so unfair." Yup. "You sure you're okay with this babe? I was a wreck all day thinking about this call. I was a chicken and sent the email first."

I smiled at her words. No, I wasn't okay and Iwas sincerely happy for her. So I did the completely honorable and proper thing and lied through my teeth. "I'm perfectly sure, Nora. If he does ask, just be sure to say yes ... only if Ginger is part of the deal." Aren't I the teasing bitch? She was silent for a moment.

"Emily Sue, youare an ass clown! For a moment there you had me going, thinking you were serious. Geez." We both had a good laugh. I said goodnight, thanked her, and told her I was happy for her. I could hear the relief in her voice.

I'm 47, single -- okay, nearly single, somewhat attractive, fairly smart, have a good job, good friends, a great sister, and a fabulous boss. My life is a bit topsy-turvy right now -- and I wanted to throw things. I did not; well, kind of. I put the wine glass in the garbage and smashed it to bits with a hammer. I didn't want to drink myself stupid. And even though I thought about going to the L Room it was probably too late to get dressed up, drive in, and do much. So I just sat, read, and sipped my wine.

Shit! I forgot to ask Nora about Kathy. I thought about it for a moment and called. "Hey are you still awake?"

"Goof,you called, does it matter? What's up sweetie?"

"Umm, I apologize if it's an awkward question, but do you have any hint that Kathy has an interest in me?" I made kind of a cringy face as I asked, "Do you know what I mean?"

"I know you've been wondering. Yeah, she really is lovely and has such a fab personality. I don't get that hit off of her -- but ... oh wait, no, you're not that much longer into it than me, so yeah,your gaydar probably isn't finely honed. I wish I could tell you more."

"No worries honey. I just was curious to get your take on it. Thank you very much. Sweet dreams and have a great weekend!!" Oh well. As I thought earlier, I might very well test those waters. Plus, she's just so damn nice!

It was after ten so I poured one last glass and sat. I thought about Tammy and Jeffrey and smiled. Love her early, often and well young man. I certainly didn't want her life but she would be lost without it. Nora and I would go back to being what we were for ten years -- best friends. I finished my wine, went to bed, hugged the pillow and cried.

Friday - I didn't sleep well and I wasn't surprised. I showered and dressed and headed to work. Cloudy and cold -- fits my mood! Thing is, winter was coming to an end. Daylight saving time was a week after the Daytona 500. I always think of Daytona and daylight savings as harbingers of spring. I guess men generally talk of spring training.

I hadn't heard from Kyle by 10:30 so I called him. He wasn't in. Ugh! I sent Lily a text: R U available 4 dinner 2nite? Reply: Love 2 if u can wait for me :) I didn't tell her this -- I just didn't want to be alone tonight. No, I didn't tell her that I chose her to be with if she would. I really like Mo but it was way too early to assume that sort of thing.

My work phone rang. "Hi Emily, it's Tammy." OMG. "I know you're responsible for this, even though Jeffrey won't say so. Thank you so much honey. He's been so sweet. I'm so grateful for what you did."

What can I say? I was grinning from ear to ear. And, no, I wouldn't admit a thing. "I'm glad you and Jeffrey are enjoying your time together Tammy. I don't know what you're talking about, of course. I just know George played a major part in whatever it is you're referring to." She giggled, not buying a word of it. I had to laugh; I couldn't keep the smile out of my voice. "You two love birds have a fabulous weekend girl, ya hear? Leave no stone unturned, carnally speaking." She giggled. "Wear his ass out and make him like it!" I could feel her blushing.

"Umm, I better go. Thanks again Emily." How Tammy! I gave Jodi a c'mere wave and marched into George's office.

"'Operation Intervention' appears to be major success, Major, based on information from my phone call from Tammy." George and Jodi both laughed. Jodi and I hi-fived and George beamed.

Kyle finally called. "Emily, can you come at lunch?" Hell yeah, once the check is in my hand. Everybody catch that?

Jenny called my cell. She was crying. "Thank you. That was just too sweet. And your note, oh my god. Even David had teary eyes and couldn't do much more than smile and shake his head. Thank you so much honey." Wow! Maybe this 'random acts of kindness' really is a living, breathing thing.

"I don't know what to say, Jen. I guess, just, you're welcome. You really helped me a lot even if you didn't know it. And I wanted to let you know how much I appreciated it -- and you. I have to go. Kyle wants me to pick up the damn check." I laughed. "Talk to you soon huh?"

I headed to the lawyer's office. I heard a siren behind me. God damn! Oh, wait ... I laughed as I saw her smile behind the shades. Mo!! I pulled out my license and insurance card, ready to play along. I rolled the window down, held them out, "Good morning Officer Henry ... have I been a bad girl?"

"Would you please step out of the car Ma'am? I believe a full body cavity search is called for here." We both laughed.

"You scared the crap out of me girl. I'm on the way to the lawyer's office. How you been?"

"Missing you. Where are you going to wine and dine me?" That came with a wink; the other didn't need to be said.

"As a mere civilian, I leave those details to you, Officer! You have my number." It was my turn to wink.

She surprised me ... scribbled her cell number on a slip of paper and handed it to me. "Consider this a warning Ma'am, I expect a phone call ... and soon."

"Thank you Officer, and yes Ma'am, I'll do just as instructed. Have a nice day and Mo, please be careful out there."

She tipped her cap, blew me a kiss, and walked back to the squad. I floated, carefully, to Kyle's office.

The check was for $190,000, from his firm's account. That's what I figured would happen. I had my list of questions and went through them. Yes, he would make sure I could take my maiden name. The other things we chatted about.

"Yup, I'll do everything possible to get a court date as soon as possible. You'll hear from me as soon as I know."

"Okay fine. Next, since the divorce is uncontested, do I have to attend?" Yes. Crap. "Oh well. Okay. Thank you for your help and the time you've spent on this." And, oh my god, I was loose, limber, and slinky the rest of Friday. I'm laughing. Yeah baby, youknow what I mean. A text to Lily: cha ching! Response: woo hoo! I giggled.

The young lady at the drive-through at the bank gawked at my silly grin and the amount of the check. Just deposit the damn thing. I don't care how long the hold is, I have plastic to pay for the shopping spree.

I breezed through the rest of the afternoon. Hmm. What to do right after work? Mo? Would she meet me for a drink? I'd already asked Lily to meet me for dinner. Hmm. I worked, fretted, thought, worked. Okay, decision made. I texted Mo: Care 2 meet 4 a drink -- 5ish? Reply: U betcha -- see u there ;) Two words: She scores!

I put on my coat, grabbed my purse, and headed out the door to the garage and to the L Room. I didn't see Mo's car. I walked in. No Candy either. I sat at the bar, ordered a Stoli. Fuck it. It's Friday, I have money in the bank, a cute girl coming for a drink, and a dinner date. Woo freakin' hoo!! Icouldn't believe it when I heard Anita Baker's'Sweet Love' come over the sound system. Are you shittin' me? Tonight?

In she walked, every bit as gorgeous as my dreams. She shucked her coat ... oh please help me!! Mo wore a long sleeve, hot pink, button-down sweater, with a deep v front, beyond perfect for the glories. She walked up to me and kissed me like a lover would. Oh gawd!!

"Georgia, this is my Ginger ... Ginger, this is Georgia." Georgia blinked and smiled. My heart: trip hammers tripping. Grace Slick sang'Plastic Fantastic Lover'... not tonight Gracie. She was very much in the flesh and right in front of me. My Ginger? Holy conundrum Batgirl! We walked, hand in hand, to a table. "I recognized your car and lit you up. It was evil but I knew you'd like it babe."

How could I not laugh? "I swore a blue streak until I saw your smile behind those shades. Brilliantly devious Officer Friendly, and may I say, you fill out that sweater fabulously." She blushed and, oh my gawd, unbuttoned the top button. She smiled when she caught me gawking again. "Hey, not fair, how am I not supposed to do what comes naturally?" She smiled. Ginger: a puddle.

Better get this out of the way now, given the way this is likely to go. "Mo, I have a meeting with a realtor tonight. She's been looking for a place for me to buy. We're supposed to meet after her last appointment. Just letting you know what the lay of the land is." Oh god Ginger, nice choice of words!!

"No worries kiddo, I have plans later too. But I was glad to get your text and have this chance to spend some time with you. Would this be too forward? I really like you and I would like to get a chance to spend a lot more time getting to know you." The last of that was said as her eyes moved away from mine and fiddled with her glass. Ya know what, at some point in your life, when someone says something like that to you, you just have to go with the flow. I was flowing, trust me on that. I kissed her, like a lover would.

"I would love that Mo, I really would. I like you too. I think there's a chance we could be good together and I'm glad we both have plans tonight, because I like you enough that I want to make extra sure we both take this really slow."

She blushed so gorgeously and smiled so sweetly I knew I had hit it out of the proverbial park.

"You just said what I was thinking Ginger. I'd do you right here but ... oh the scandal." We both laughed.

We chatted idly; I commented, again, on how sexy I thought her sweater was. Eric Clapton's'Cocaine' played -- we looked at each other and laughed. When Trisha's'Here Comes Temptation' came on, I grabber her and we went to the dance floor. It's not really a slow dance song but it was today. She felt fabulous melded to and with me. 'All you have to do is touch me and my resistance would melt away.' Trisha,how did you know I would meet this redheaded beauty? 'Looking at paradise?' Oh my god yes. The song ended, the kiss -- not quite. It seems we attracted some attention as we danced. The 'audience' clapped as we walked back to the table together.

When was that day off? Tuesday? How about dinner Monday? We both smiled at the unspoken thoughts. There was one more drink, more conversation ... and more kissing. It was time to say goodbye. Mo made a 'bring the check' motion with her wrist. Mo insisted on paying. What? Am I going to argue with someone who carries handcuffs? Two words -- Puh leez. The kisses in the parking lot were breathless, fabulous, and carried the unspoken promise of a fabulous dinner.

"Please be careful out there, Officer Henry."

I don't know why I cried on the way home -- really I don't. She'd be fine and we would have a wonderful Monday night. Maureen got to me on a level I wasn't sure I completely understood. Beauty? Yes, but there was something more that I couldn't quite put my finger. There was an air, an aura, about her. Confidence? Was it from her military experience? Being a cop? Innate to her persona? I didn't know but I knew my mind would turn it over and over this weekend. I smiled as my iPod played'Love Alive.' Oh my yes, keep my love alive. Please, please God, watch over her.

I closed the door behind me. I needed a quick shower and a change of clothes before Lily came to pick me up for dinner. I put on a front clasp bra, sexy Ginger panties, a black top that dipped fabulously low, and a grey skirt with a high waist that I had wondered if it looked good on me since I talked myself into buying it. I knew Lily's eyes would let me know immediately if it did or not.

Oh lord -- Jim Brickman's'Sound of Your Voice.' Oh Nora ... I cried. None of this crap happened when I was married to asshole. They were just songs, and I loved them for the words, the melodies, and how they moved my heart. Now it felt likeevery damn song was an arrow from or for someone. I laughed --'Clocks.' Lily would be knocking soon. Bingo!! I turned off the music and went to greet the fabulous lady I would spend the night with. 'Am I part of the disease?' No Lily, the question is: Might you be part of the cure!!

It never dawned on me where she was taking me until we were a block away -- uh huh, Paccia Prima!! Oh the glorious coincidence of it. "Lily! It's so nice to see you again. We have your table ready ... follow me please." I laughed a little.

Lily was so cute, suggesting wines, starters, and entrees as if I'd never been here before. I smiled, nodded, and ordered the antipasto. "Darling, how did you know? It's one of my favorite dishes on the menu."

It was there. "So are you Lily!" Snare drum please. She actually blushed. I made my cutest, most adorable fawn face and asked her thoughts on my outfit. She ate me up with her eyes. Ithink that was a good sign.

She confirmed my suspicions. "I don't think the skirt is your best look but it's very cute." I can live with that. "I love the black top. It sets off your figure fabulously and the half sleeves are brilliant ... where did you find it?" I didn't remember and told her so. The wine arrived -- the Malbec I'd told her about. Lily loved it. I hope you're doing well Mark.

Ordering -- I chose the Campanelle pasta. It sounded luscious. I snickered when Lily ordered the halibut. No, I didn't share my silly joke. She asked if I wanted to switch wines with dinner. I teased and told her I had already picked which side of the street I wanted to play on. She blushed and nodded. If we hadn't been on opposite sides of the table I would have kissed her -- wrong place, right person. Dinner was fabulous and I wanted dessert

She asked about my day. I told her my tales, both Jenny and Tammy. She absolutely beamed. "How wonderful Ginger. You did fabulously well with Tammy, such a lovely thing to do. And I agree about your sister; it's important to keep in touch with those we love. What a great day you've had." I took a deep breath and spoke of my phone conversation with Nora. I admit, my eyes filled and I needed a sip of wine to compose myself. As I was doing that, dinner was served. That gave me a few more minutes to gather myself. Lily took the lead, "Well, I know you're hurt but you did what you needed to -- and did so with grace and charm. She feels better about herself I'm sure."

"Lily, I have to be real honest. I don't want to be alone tonight. I feel awkward saying it like that and I hope you don't mind too much." She smiled warmly.

"You beat me to the punch, Ginger. I was going to invite you to spend the night with me at my home. I simply insist. Tonight will be about romance and love darling. Together we will help heal your wounded heart."

How wonderfully sweet she is. Beneath all that brass and boldness is a beautiful, warm, loving woman. We ate dinner slowly, not a lot of chatter, and I kept my eyes down a lot. The pasta was simply from another world. I hadn't tasted anything so wonderful (I laughed) since the first time I was here. Bits of roasted chicken, mushrooms, artichoke hearts, all complemented a wonderful broth -- lemon and parmesan the notable ingredients. I put a sliver on a spoon and handed it to Lily. She nodded; she'd had it before, and it was every bit as good as she remembered. I faked my appreciation of the halibut -- it was every bit as good as the first time.

Lily didn't press, she just asked, "I know you're hurting Ginger, butare you okay with what Nora told you?"

I answered honestly. "We were friends for a long time before becoming lovers. She willalways be my best friend, Lily. We'll just go back to the way we were before. I have to be happy for my friend. It wouldn't be fair not to." I shrugged; she nodded. I didn't want to talk about it anymore so I kept things light and breezy.

I asked about her day. She laughed. "For me, work is like child's play. I enjoy what I do, so it doesn't even feel like work. There's certainly no drudgery to it, even with some of the frustrations that are inherent in the business. The 'same old, same old' is always wonderfully new with everyone who comes to me. It's part of why I love it so." Those few sentences captured, wonderfully, why this woman was so successful -- simply amazing. We chatted even after our plates had been removed. Did I care for more wine? Maybe, but not here; dessert, I winked. She smiled, asked for the check. I made an effort to help; she wouldn't hear of it. We put our coats on, grabbed our purses, and headed to the car.

She unlocked the car with her key. I knew she had a remote; it was an excuse for a kiss. It was warm and not too long. We both smiled. The ride was nice. We held hands, talked of the restaurant, and more. I was relaxed, wonderfully full, and warm from somewhere deep inside. At a stop light, I took her soft, thin hand, kissed it, and held it to my cheek. Our eyes met -- she smiled warmly. I like this woman a lot. The garage door opened, she turned off the engine, and I followed her into her home.

Lily poured us each a glass of wine. We sat and talked for a while. I asked for more thoughts about the skirt. Instead, she took my hand and we headed to her bedroom. Oh my gosh, how beautiful. More on that later. The gigantic walk-in closet was where we were headed -- big enough for both of us to stand, comfortably. Lily took blouses, skirts, colors, fabrics, each held either over or beneath the blouse or skirt as I faced a full length mirror. Completely amazing -- she commented on how each combination would look on me, how it would add or subtract from whatever color top, how it would help or hurt my face, hair, hips and such. I was simply in awe. I don't think of myself as a slouch when it comes to fashion, butthis was astonishing. After the last piece was hung up, she looped her arm around my waist and said, "We are going to have the most marvelous time Sunday." I believed her.

We walked back to the front room, sat together on the couch, and gabbed. She told me how she wound up in Dayton. She was born and raised in Washington State, and had come east for school. Dayton was later, real estate later still. She had been married; they had divorced a while ago, a five year marriage that ended ten years ago. It was a client who seduced her and introduced her to lesbian sex. She smiled wryly -- yeah, she closed the sale. I had to laugh. She told me that she thought she had finally found the right guy, Bob, and was shattered when it ended. She shook her head and stared at her wine. I leaned in and kissed her. She smiled sweetly. I thought to myself: Could your right guy be a woman, Lily?

We were quiet for a few minutes. I giggled. "I got an email this morning from Jenny. Ya know, one of those joke emails that get passed from person to person. Ready?" She smiled. "Why are blonde jokes so simple?" She had no idea. "So men will understand them!" We both howled with laughter.