All Comments on 'Eulogy'

by wieliczka

Sort by:
  • 32 Comments
chytownchytownalmost 10 years ago
Thanks***

For the read.

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
Oh Well

It doesn't make up for her cheating. In the end forgive, but never forget.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
she was cheating slut

btb-1*

forgiveness-no!

betrayedbylovebetrayedbylovealmost 10 years ago
One More Thing

She's dead and decomposing. Forgive her because she admitted her failings. Fucking dead cunt.

I'm done

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
A Romantic Revenge

True Romantic Revenge when the cheater ex gets a cheater newer spouse and the betrayed gets a good spouse.

However this cheater ex tried to do amends and I agree Betrayedbylove, she went to the grave and she deserves forgivenness..........

tazz317tazz317almost 10 years ago
LIES BEFORE TRUTH

and the pearls were fake. TK U MLJ LV NV

SirThopasSirThopasalmost 10 years ago
Just a list

Just a list of events. The strength of your story would be the journey of discovery, or the attempts at redemption and the intense emotional response...but none of that was offered here.

In pop culture terms, the reason stories like Game of Thrones can go on and on and on, and not lose their audience, isn't because of the "OMG SPOILER" stuff...it's because we have a sense of who these characters are, and we feel like we are following them on a journey. We root for some, because they have affected us, or because they are the underdog. We curse others. We see them experience things like temptation, loss, hope, and success. And that ties us to the plot, invests us in the story, and it's ultimately WHY people talk about spoilers...because the characters have tied us to the plot.

Plot is the motion, but character is the vehicle.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
She spent her whole life fucking other people over...

And was never sorry about it. I can understand an affair, I can understand jealousy, I can even understand divorce and remarried; but I can't fathom this course of actions.

She was a cheater who cheated her lover because he was cheating on her. What did she think was going to happen? Forgiveness? Sure but not because she fucked Bill over. Forgiveness is a free gift that can not be earned, only granted.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
cheaters

One must wonder, if you cheat with someone married, and then marry them.

neither of these people have any moral values. So if one or the other cheats again, sort of expected isnt it?

sugnasugnaalmost 10 years ago
5* Amends!

Finally a story where someone truly tries to make amends!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 10 years ago
Is the manner of our death

more important than the manner of our life? I have thought of this often. It seems that we value how we die more than how we live. No matter how much of a shit we are in life, no matter how we much or how often we fuck over people in our lives, we seem to say it's OK as long as you commit one good act on your deathbed. Doesn't seem to balance things in my mind.

javmor79javmor79almost 10 years ago
I admire her. 5 stars

On her deathbed she tried to right all of the wrongs that she did. Admirable. I do think that an act of kindness can make up for wrong doings. You have to start somewhere. It's funny, no one feels that they should have to forgive, but feel that they should always be forgiven. I remember one time when I got mad at my mother and I called her a bitch. I was 11. She was so hurt. She didn't talk to me for about a week. I felt so horrible about it. I asked my step father how I could earn money. He told me that if I cleaned out the garage he would give me $20 (I now know that he ripped me off. That job was worth at least $50). Anyway, I earned the money, bought my mom a rose and some Turtles candy (her favorite), and gave them to her. I told her I was sorry. She cried and forgave me. I felt so good after that. I told that story to say that if a person does something in life that they regret, I think that they should make an attempt to right it. It's up to the wronged person to forgive them. If a person does you wrong, wouldn't you rather them make an attempt to right it than just do nothing? If not forgiving makes you feel better, just remember that one day you will be the one in need of forgiveness. I give this story 5 stars and I do feel that she was an admirable person. It takes a strong person to admit that they were wrong and make it right.

bruce22bruce22almost 10 years ago
Fascinating

Did the son have proof of all the cheating? Does it matter?

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 10 years ago
Interesting little flash story

The perp (Bill) was obviously a real piece of work. I agree with the comment above about forgiveness - she is dead so holding a grudge against her is silly.

FD45FD45almost 10 years ago
Hmm

As a vehicle of revenge, it is thoughtful. Sometimes a bit funny. Certainly a bit of poetic justice.

That being said, one wonders at her motives. For 14 years she was just dandy shorting her kids, her friends and her colleagues. She found enough 'quality' in her beau to even put aside the trappings of matrimonial and 'live in sin' for decades. Nothing wrong with 'living in sin' but that she put this aside for him says something about her character.

So according to what was revealed in the story, she was JUST FINE with things...until he cheated on her. Only then (and with knowledge of her impending doom) did she do ANY reflection on life.

What if he hadn't cheated? What if she hadn't gotten a death sentence? From what we read, she'd still be plodding along, ignoring her kids and still entwined with her lover.

So...I say nothing of the writing itself. I find her, as a character, a bit dubious. As a matter of charity, yes, offer her grace and sympathy and forgiveness. Not that I am sure she deserves it, but it is a gift which does not diminish with the giving.

AnonymousAnonymousover 9 years ago
Half a brain

that's all it would take to write like this fucking awful loving wives??? NO!!!

sugnasugnaover 9 years ago
Too Little, too late.

She selfishly took revenge for the harm done to her! This did not help her ex or the kids. Sure she gave them some money, what about the emotional damage she did to them. They will take years longer to get over that - if they ever do. Fuck her "immaturity". Shit is shit. She was a woman scorned and only acted out of selfishness, not love. Vile.

AmbivalenceAmbivalenceabout 9 years ago
Huh... doing what's right would at BEST balance some of the books...

But only in one sense. If a criminal is tried and convicted and serves his sentence, that still doesn't make what he did right... and it doesn't balance in a civil sense.

And what would her age when she first married matter...? So what if she was around 18 or 19 when she first wed... she would have been at least 26 when she started screwing around. If you didn't realize you loved someone by then, you should have divorced him then - not three years later after having an affair for those three years.

And I'm sure her family considered anything that happened to Bill (of a negative type) well-deserved.

And as pointed out already by others, her actions weren't motivated by her deciding it was the right thing to do exactly - unless you think that in realizing Bill did to her what she'd done to her first husband that she FINALLY felt bad enough to do something about it.

Taking that "paperwork" bit... if she'd not changed the paperwork because she felt bad, that would have value. Not doing it because you "never did paperwork well"... so what...?

ohyessssssohyessssssover 8 years ago
some

Forgive, but not completely. Forget? Probably not.

Schwanze1Schwanze1over 6 years ago
She did what she could at the end.

Credit where credit is due.

AnonymousAnonymousover 6 years ago
I am Roxanne's ex-husband

and I say death from cancer was too easy for her after all the suffering that she put the kids and I through. The bitch deserved no forgiveness. This author is lying to you! Roxanne screwed up our lives for more than 20 years with her affairs while married to me and after the divorce. She just had to take everything from us. With her, it was always "me first"! So now in death, again for Roxanne, it is "me first", lmao!

wieliczkawieliczkaover 6 years agoAuthor
Can't argue with you on this last one

Have a situation in my (very) extended family where the wife left the kids with her parents to live out-of-state with her lover. However, the husband has gotten full custody due to abandonment. No one is attempting to make her or her lovers life hell -- unless she doesn't pay support or tries to get back. Don't think that she'll ever grow up but the twins (and the ex-husband) are doing much better without the mother. If she causes trouble, there will be people standing in line to make her life interesting. Wish you had some people like that in your family.

26thNC26thNCover 5 years ago
Came through in the end

What can you do but forgive? Would she have done all this if she wasn't dying? Leaves some questions.

danoctoberdanoctoberover 5 years ago
In the end...

So many regrets and no way to take back the hurt given. To apologize was all she had left. She died knowing they were just words though. And the regrets were as bad as the illness. All consuming. Forgiveness? That's for the reader to decide.

26thNC26thNCover 4 years ago
Very good

Nice that Roxanne was able to take care of necessary business before she passed. Enjoyed it.

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
seemed a little convoluted

seemed a little convoluted

Jhbrown27Jhbrown27over 4 years ago
A passable tale

Writing is not easy to follow and does get convoluted.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
That was....wow!!

Good one!!!

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Yes screwed up badly now screening the only way.

Enjoyed

jtwheels

wilsonanthonywilsonanthonyover 1 year ago

The wrath of a woman shoukd never be underestimated!!! Brilliant, short and SWEET! 5-Stars!!!ant

26thNC26thNC6 months ago

She gave Bill a big “kiss my ass” on the way out.

AnonymousAnonymous3 months ago

I was told that there would be no math on Literotica!!

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
userwieliczka@wieliczka
820 Followers
I am married to my first (and only ) wife of 38 years. Only in my extended family, (two continents) has there ever been unfaithfulness. There has been divorces, remarriage, trials and tribulations. Life is messy, I look toward building bridges, not tearing them down. In th...

SIMILAR Stories