Evil Bitch Ch. 12

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
Lost Boy
Lost Boy
5,793 Followers

'So he taught you how to use Star Metal?'

'No actually that was a happy coincidence.'

I launched into the story about Mike and his rock hunting expedition. Then I asked him about the cosmic sieve as Charlie called it and its purpose.

'The sieve as you call it opens onto a pocket universe where a hidden sun is kept. I can feel that burning question so I will answer it first. A hidden sun is a sun that has gone supernova and what is left is a solid crystalline core. Basically in your terms a gigantic radioactive diamond and we rekindle it. Once the star is stable we shift it to a tiny dimension and use it as both a power source and a means for creating building materials. As you know any organic matter placed in the sieve is changed into a material very similar to Star Metal. Though not as sturdy it is not far from the original. The demand for Star Metal and Star Crystal was just becoming too great. So we created an alternative to sell and use ourselves. Let me show you.'

We left the roof and teleported down to an entire floor dedicated to the building needs of the city elders. There were sieves of all shapes and sizes here. He went over to one of the smaller ones and reached in and pulled out a block of alloy.

'We call it Calakhor, or the light's heart. To make a power stone first you must chose a specific shape and crystalline pattern for it. Pick something...'

'...How about the three lightning bolts and the All Seeing Eye,' I suggested.

'That is an excellent choice,' he sent to me.

Then he sang softly and I could see in his mind the shape he was coaxing from the calakhor. It didn't take long for him to get the shape down perfectly. Then he sang some more and altered the dull gray-green material into a gorgeous faceted diamond structure. When it was done the triangular stone barely fit into the palm of his hand.

'Now we attune it to the hidden sun,' he explained.

He held the stone over the mouth of the sieve and once it glowed with a steady clear light it was done.

'That's it,' he sent.

'How long,' I asked.

'How long what Jon Masters?"

'How long will the stone hold that charge?'

'Oh you are mistaken Jon Masters. The stone doesn't hold a charge like one of your batteries. The stone is attuned to the hidden sun. It draws power from the star itself. While the star lasts so does the power.'

'How much longer will these stars last?'

'I would imagine far longer than most societies, a few billion years longer give or take.'

'A few BILLION,' I thought as he handed me the stone.

'Yes unlike your society we make things to last.'

'And then some,' I added.

'I have something for you. My father started it but he didn't live long enough to see it finished sadly.'

I followed him to one of the larger work areas. There sitting on its surface was what appeared to be a leather backpack. Between the shoulder straps was the symbol of the Sublime Master. It was done in loving detail and I could feel how much it meant to him.

'This isn't leather is it,' I asked.

'No, calakhor can take on any texture, color or shape. He had visions of you before he died. He wanted you to have this when you came. It is an old man's gift for the heir to one that allowed us a brief respite from oblivion.'

'I don't understand.'

'Your predecessor made it possible for our race to continue on for another one hundred generations. Not much in the grand scheme of things but to us it meant the world.'

'It allowed you to build this city didn't it?'

'Yes and so much more.'

'That's the debt I am here to collect isn't it.'

'Yes, we are the last of the Qual that we know of. If there are others they are in hiding or so far away they cannot hear our messages.'

'It's a lovely backpack he did an amazing job.'

'It is not the outside that matters Jon Masters it is the inside. Open it and reach inside.'

I turned the backpack around and undid the straps and opened up the flap. When I looked down nothing but darkness greeted me. I reached in and felt something small and hard settle into the palm of my hand. When I pulled my hand out there was a glittering amethyst in my grasp.

'It is lovely,' I sent to him.

'It is the sum total of all our knowledge about space.'

'This is some sort of data stone?'

'In a fashion yes. It is a holographic storage device. It is being returned to you.'

'Returned you mean a previous Sublime Master once owned this?'

'Yes Jon Masters. He gave it to our people and we learned from it and have added to it since it left his possession.'

'Consider your debt cleared,' I thought and he shook his head.

'This was already your property we are only returning it. The debt is still owed. There is still much of the city yet to see.'

I slipped the backpack over one shoulder and followed him. In one hand I held the amethyst and the diamond triangle in the shape of my seal in the other. How strange. I slipped the seal into the backpack and examined the amethyst more carefully. It reminded me a lot of the avatar crystals except they were larger, had Qual symbols deep inside the stone and thrummed with their own power.

'How do I access the information inside of the crystals,' I asked.

'I had to meditate and attune my thoughts to the crystal. It was like listening for the voice inside of it to make a connection,' he said with a very human shrug. 'Want to learn a few basics before we have to walk back?'

'Do you even need to ask?'

'Okay, let's make camp and I'll show you a few of the basics. Any more than that and mom will get upset.'

We found a small park with those strange bush-trees and an octagonal pool nearby. He produced a irregular cut stone and set it on the ground. With a pass of his hand it glowed and put out comfortable warmth. I guess it was the Qual version of a camp fire.

'Even if you gather all of the stones just understand very few people can master more than one discipline completely. If you show a talent for manipulating space I would be greatly surprised if the other stones are of much use to you.'

'I understand. That would be like mastering art, math, and science and so on,' I replied.

'Exactly, it is possible but highly unlikely. But let us see what we shall see.'

'What do I do?'

'We start with needling the thread,' he sent.

'Don't you mean threading the needle?'

'No, I mean needling the thread. The first thing you have to do is imagine a needle the size of a sword in your mind. Now make it the hardest strongest needle you can imagine.'

'Ok one Star Crystal needle,' I sent back to him.

'Perfect, now just pick a fist sized rock over there and imagine the needle starting from your hand and appearing by it. Now when you have a clear image in your head, yank the needle back.'

It took a bit to get the imagery right. But when I could hold it I pulled the needle back and in my open hand was the rock.

'Whoa, that was amazing!'

'Do you want to try a short trip?'

'You mean teleport?'

'Yes, it should be safe in this open area.'

'Oh hell yeah, what do I do?'

It wasn't much different that pulling the rock to me. But instead of pulling I take a step forward towards the open area. I fixed the needle in my mind and chose an area free of any sort of obstacles. I was a little nervous but what the hell. I took a step. The next thing I know I am on my knees puking my guts out. But I am doing it ten feet from where I had been standing. I had done it! I had actually teleported.

'Sorry I should have warned you. There first few times your body and mind might be a little out of sorts.'

'I teleported, I actually fucking teleported,' I sent loud and clear to him.

For the next half hour or so I practiced moving a little further away each time. I discovered that the return trip was much easier than the initial one. Apparently because you have already disturbed the fabric of space and that made perfect sense to me. After a full hour I no longer needed to use the mental needle as a crutch I could teleport simply by picking a designated target and stepping. He warned me that each teleport was announced by a loud popping sound. That was the displaced air being replaced by solid matter, namely me. However, there was a trick to silently teleporting that involved taking a very slow step. This allowed the air to be slowly removed from both sides. It took longer but if stealth was your key it was a paramount lesson to learn.

"Now that was fun," I muttered to myself.

"I am glad you are enjoying yourself," he replied.

"Wait, you understood me?"

"Apparently you have learned to speak Qual quite well Jon Masters," he replied.

"How the hell did that happen?"

"Beats the shit out of me," he said with a smile. "I believe that is how you would say it."

"Yep, that's about how I would have put it."

"Good I wasn't sure it would come across properly."

It seemed like forever but I kept my patience up. So as we talked about anything and everything that came to mind. He asked me about my home and I asked him about the Qual and their history. I saw that the sky was finally beginning to brighten behind me. I assumed it was sunrise but again I was wrong. When I turned to see the horizon it was a planet that was coming up over the landscape, a real big planet! Like Jupiter big with a set of rings that put Saturn's to shame. There is no way to describe the alien majesty of planet rise on a world so far flung from my own that Umbra had yet to determine our exact location. It was almost too much to see the entire sky filled with the gas giant's presence and yet I sat there and stared for long minutes unable to look away.

"It is impressive isn't it," he asked.

"Yeah we have no view like this at home. Well unless you happen to be on one of the moons of Saturn. But we haven't progressed nearly that far, well not yet anyway."

"Ah there it is that kindling of hope in your heart for the human race. That is a good thing."

"I have to hope. The only left is despair and I really can't afford that right now."

"After all your wars and everything negative that has happened, still you manage to dream. You are an amazing people."

"Your culture has lasted longer than anything I have every dreamed of and you call us amazing. Look at everything you have accomplished and not a single internal conflict to mar your history."

"That was by design and our nature. If your people possessed what we do then they too would know that kind of lasting peace."

"I don't understand."

"It is not by happenstance that the Qual are by nature a peaceful people. We were engineered by the Star Shepherds to be what we are. We possess a biological imperative to keep infighting nonexistent."

"Wait, are you telling me that the Qual were genetically engineered?"

"I believe that is the correct description of our Primogen, yes."

"Primogen, who or what were they?"

"The Primogen are the first true Qual. There was a dark time for us in our own evolution. We possessed vast mental abilities and used them destructively. Then the Shepherds arrived and gave us peace. They chose the most powerful among us and took us to our new home. The Primogen were granted education, order and civility."

"You say that like its religious dogma. I don't mean disrespect by that."

"The Qual have no gods. But I see your point and I am not offended. Peace was thrust upon us and we thrived for a very long time. But with the peace also came resignation. Why do you think it took so long for Shada Ni'ir to discover Star Crystal. We are programmed to accept things as they are. Sure we have some geniuses among us but they only reinvent what is already there. It took an artist and true visionary to bring about so monumental a discovery."

"That is why they took her to their home world. Not to educate her but to study her. Your Shepherds wanted to find out why she was different and see if she posed a threat to the Qual or themselves."

"That is only conjecture but I fear it is the truth. Peace has been good for our people. But in the end as you see we cannot fight the extinction imperative written in our DNA."

"You lost hope."

"Not myself or my mother but others have. That is what truly burdens my heart. As a people we are hardwired to self destruct. We are tasked with acceptance and resignation."

"If I find anymore of your people I will ram hope down their throats," I told him.

"You know Jon Masters I believe you will."

"Are you ever going to tell me your goddamn name?"

"Soon..." he said wistfully. "...Very soon now."

He was right on the money. There was a brief lull in our conversation when his mother's thoughts came in loud and clear. She was finished and we were to return home. I had no idea what she had finished but he seemed very excited. There was a bounce in his step and a smile on his face. Of course he knew something I didn't. Bastard!

So we made our way back to their humble structure. We took our time and that annoyed me since I knew we could teleport there in an instant. I absently plucked one of the fruit from the bush-trees.

"So are these just for food," I asked.

"No, they are specially grown for a source of food and Calakhor."

"What kind of soil do they need to grow," I asked looking at him.

He smiled and helped me pick twenty or so of the fruit and put them in the backpack for safe keeping.

"I suggest you give them a few generations before you harvest them for food or Calakhor."

"How long is a generation for one of these plants?"

"Ten years or so," he admitted with a frown.

"Then I'll consider it a long term project when I get home."

"That's the spirit Jon Masters!"

Another half hour or so and we could see the stony face of the cliff face. We reached the house and there in ceremonial garb was my lover and his mother. The robes were of deepest blue with silver Qual runes all over it. It possessed a deep hood and she wore a mirrored mask of silver and sapphire. The hood was up and the mask in place. In her hands she held a gorgeously crafted black staff with silver runes that I knew was meant for me. She held it aloft and it collapsed upon itself until only eight or so inches remained. I felt compelled to kneel as she approached and presented me with her handiwork. I held out my left hand and she settled it into my open palm. Our fingers brushed momentarily and then I closed my fist around her gift.

"Through my long life I have never crafted a finer weapon for a finer man. Use it wisely and may it serve you for many years to come."

"Thank you..."

"...Iyaden Ni'ir. My name is Iyaden Ni'ir and I am the direct descendant of Shada Ni'ir. But I am not done Jon Masters I have something else for you as well."

I rose to my feet and followed her to the pool with the waterfall. She pulled back her hood and removed her mirror mask. Then she stripped off her robes and stepped into the cool water. With a thought the staff extended to its full length and I plunged it into the ground. I undressed and joined her in the water.

"It is the custom of my people to be cleansed before donning ceremonial garb for the very first time. Besides it is as good an excuse to have you one last time before our debt is paid in full," she purred in my ear.

"I have the stone and the staff is more than enough payment..."

"...hush Jon Masters. The price has already been set. Now shut up and kiss me."

Our love play was slow and lasted until the planet had reached its zenith in the sky. Unlike our previous encounter I felt that there was nothing she wouldn't do to please me. I won't say I treated her like an animal but it wasn't far removed. I took my pleasure from her until I was mentally and physically drained. She was in little better condition when I came that final time deep in her once virginal ass. Once the sexual energy was spent she pulled me under the waterfall and performed the ritual cleansing. It was short and brief.

I stood outside the pool and meditated until the air had completely dried my skin. Then she produced the robes of office she had made for me. Like the staff the material of the robes was jet black but the Qual runes were also black and difficult to see. But there was also an underlying pattern that had nothing to do with the runes.

"The Qual do not have gods," Iyaden said. "But that does not mean we do not revere certain immortals that have earned our respect. I have probed deep into your thoughts and seen the hand of the Weaver in your life both consciously and unconsciously. So I have honored her and you with her mark upon your robes of office Jon Masters."

"Who is the Weaver Iyaden," I asked loving the sound of her name as it crossed my lips.

"In the twilight places where few dare to tread are her lairs. Your people call it dark matter or dark energy. She is a higher being who is she chooses be in more than one place at the same time. She spins the webs of destiny around the chosen few and guides their footsteps unerringly. So we believe. I have seen in your mind her hand and your desire to serve her and so serve destiny itself."

Saying this she took the leggings and knelt as she slipped them on me. Soft and cool as the most precious silk they fit perfectly. They had a drawstring belt which she adjusted and tied neatly. Then she stood and slipped the jacket on me and it like hers had a deep hood. She closed the front of the jacket and tied it off with a scarlet sash of the same soft silk.

"The blood you shed and the bones you break are in her honor," she intoned. "Now you look like a Sublime Master."

"Your gifts are priceless Iyaden," I told her and she actually blushed.

"Call your staff Master it is time to place the stone within," she said.

I gestured and the staff leapt into my hand and collapsed into its compact form.

"Open it Jon with your thoughts," she whispered.

I imagined it opening and a section of the staff lifted up and slid to the side. There was a compartment enough to house all six stones I was seeking. One stone already was nestled in its spot. It was a clear round cut diamond with a silvery green hue to its facets.

"That is the Viridian Mind Stone the one you have carried within you for so very long."

"You mean... Sterling? Where are you Sterling?"

"I am right here Master," Sterling replied from the staff.

"You were the first stone?"

"Yes Master and I hope you forgive the trouble I have caused you."

"All is forgiven," I told her. "Sneaky bitch..."

"Thick headed Master..." she replied.

"I also have made this for you," Iyaden said offering up a Qual version of my ever evolving watch. "It can hold up to twenty avatars or souls whichever comes first."

"You are kidding right," I said but the joking was long passed.

"It is time to collect the debt Jon Masters. Place the amethyst within the staff and close it."

Her son handed me the stone and it jumped from my hand into its assigned slot. Then with a thought the staff was seamless once more. Iyaden replaced my watch and took Umbra's crystal from the old watch and slid it into the single open spot available. Then her son handed her the mask she had wore earlier. It was now black upon black like the robes with its dark mirrored faceplate. She placed the mask over my face and it fit snug but comfortably. With a stern expression of her own she nodded to me.

"Take your left hand and place it upon my cheek, the ring will do the rest."

I extended the staff and struck the ground three times. The words came unbidden but seemed appropriate.

"Iyaden Ni'ir I come to collect the debt so long withheld."

"Come my lord and take that which is owed and is so freely given."

I touched her cheek gently and felt the power of the ring awaken for the first time. It was terrible and relentless. I could feel her essence as it passed into me and I knew now why she had rebuilt the watch. Through sheer will alone I directed her spirit, her soul if you will into one of the empty crystals. Though most of what was her was safely transferred there was a part of her that remained with me, forever. It was like a lingering presence of an old friend. Tears flowed down my cheeks but I was not entirely sad. She wasn't really gone just... transformed.

Lost Boy
Lost Boy
5,793 Followers