Excuse Me Miss... Ch. 05

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Alicia, to her credit, did not gloat as the news of the calamity broke, but she did have to smile a bit. Not that she had really wanted to see her cousin suffer misfortune, but more that it was sweet vindication and one more sign as if she needed any that she had made the right choice in not letting what Joe had done stand in the way of her happiness and trusting her heart to a far worthier man. When it came to be her and Jeremy's big day, there was no big spectacle or rumors, and the only thing people commented on was how perfect they were for each other and how happy they both were.

The new married couple continued to ride the train to work together, at least until the kids came and Alicia switched to being part time and most working from home to spend time with the kids. Though she was not alone, as Jeremy worked plenty of days from home, too, to help with the kids. It was something the software company he worked for encouraged, the founder being a big family man himself, and Jeremy was glad to take advantage of it.

One weekend as they rode the train home from a day in the city with their kids staring out the window in wonder and a worn out Alicia relaxing on his shoulder, Jeremy smiled as the ticket collector came by on his usual round for new riders. He heard the conductor comment that someone had left a monthly pass and he couldn't help but look at his wife and smile.

She grinned back and said to the kids on the seat across from them, "Kids, did I ever tell you about the time I forgot my pass on the train one night?"

12