Explanation of Love 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Terry shrugged on her tattered old robe, picked up her dirty clothes, and unlocked the door.

In darkness, she was able to find the laundry room, and dropped in the shirt, bra, and panties, along with socks and other whites from the hamper.

The tiny shorts were dropped onto the pile of blue jeans.

Terry flicked the light switch for the bathroom and cursed out loud; the light was not working again. She then felt around to make sure that no one was in the dark room with her. Satisfied, she then shut the door and slid the slide bolt shut. The door lock did work, but was very easily jimmied open, as one of Aunt Janette's 'boyfriends' had found out.

In total darkness, Terry washed away the day's sweat. She then carefully shaved her legs and underarms, then rinsed the shampoo out of her long hair. She put a dollop of conditioner into her head, and then slowly worked the conditioner into her scalp, then out, portion by portion.

The water was cool by the time she rinsed her hair clean of conditioner. She toweled off, made sure her robe was secured, and then opened the bathroom door.

Again, there was only the one person's snores coming from Aunt Janette's room, but Terry still made sure the bedroom door was firmly locked before shrugging out of her robe and pulling on a clean pair of panties and a long nightgown. Her Aunt liked the house to be cold; their electric bill was often around three hundred dollars a month. But, they only paid a portion of that; the State of Louisiana picked up the bulk of that expense.

Terry brushed her hair until her hair was very nearly dry. Then she shut off the light, crawled into her bed, and went to sleep.

The blaring of a television works Terry out of a deep dreamless sleep. She could also smell coffee, which meant that Aunt Janette was in a good mood.

She pulled her robe on over her nightgown, just in case there was 'company' this morning, and left her bedroom.

"Ooh, I need to get me that," Aunt Janette said, watching a television commercial for a tempur-pedic mattress.

"Chiropractor said you need plenty support; that don't give no support," Terry said, pouring herself a mug of coffee.

"But it's like sleeping on a cloud!" Aunt Janette said, parroting the commercial.

"And then I got to put up with you whining how your back is killing you and I'm the one's got to take you back and forth to Doctor Babineaux and got to listen to you go on and on about how he smells funny, and..." Terry said as she dug out a box of cereal.

"And you can get financing from Johnson's; I wonder if they got it there," Aunt Janette said.

"I'm sure they do," Terry said, sitting down after pushing aside last night's fried chicken box. "But what's wrong with your bed now?"

Thankfully, another commercial blared and Aunt Janette forgot about her 'need' for a new mattress.

She finished her breakfast, transferred the clothes from the washing machine to the dryer and dropped her shorts and blue jeans into the washing machine.

They had bought the washer and dryer on time from Johnson's a few years ago and still had several more payments to make.

Johnson's was where the poor black and Latin community of DeGarde, Bender and Baylor Lake bought their furniture and their appliances. Even though she was white, Aunt Janette, living amongst the poor blacks and Latinos of DeGarde, shopped where they shopped, went to church where they went to church, ate what they ate, and thought like the poor minorities thought.

"Ooh, look at that," Aunt Janette said, watching a commercial for a cell phone.

"Uh huh," Terry said, gathering up the garbage from the table and the counters, dropping everything into the nearly full garbage can.

"Remember you got to sort those cans from everything else," Aunt Janette called out.

"Uh huh," Terry said, already sorting the cans.

"If we all do our part," Aunt Janette said, reciting the numerous commercials and other blurbs regarding climate change.

"Uh huh," Terry said and dragged the bag out of the can.

She twisted off the ends, and then dumped the bags outside onto the porch.

Aunt Janette did not look up from her daytime talk show as Terry walked through the living room. Terry did look over and frowned. Her aunt was wearing the same sweat pants and tee shirt she had been wearing the day before, and the day before that.

Terry had inherited her looks from her unknown father. Where she was blonde haired and blue eyed, Janette and Janice Dayton had been brown eyed brunette twins. Terry had been blessed with long legs, tight abdomen and tight backside (helped by all the skating she did) and slightly small sized breasts. The Dayton twins had been cursed by thick legs, thick middles and monumental breasts.

Janette and Janice had been pretty women, but the beauty was covered by nearly two hundred pounds of excess weight. It still amazed Terry that Aunt Janette was able to get men to come home with her. But, she was aware; most men would stick their dicks into anything warm and wet.

More out of habit than anything, Terry locked her bedroom door, and then searched her closet.

Terry gave a quick search of her closet and screwed up her face; what does someone wear to a strip club?

She decided on a pair of relaxed fit blue jeans and a nice top that did emphasize her chest, but was not slutty. She dug out her favorite tennis shoes and then fished out a bra and panty set that she only wore on the few times she had dates.

"I'm going, I'm going," Aunt Janette grumbled as she waddled down the hall.

Terry wasn't sure whom her aunt was talking to. Aunt Janette often argued with herself.

She heard the bathroom door close, and then heard the shower start.

Terry put her clothing into a tote bag; the bag had come with Aunt Janette's purchase of sixty or more dollars of make-up; make up that her aunt did not use.

Since she didn't have to go in to work until four o'clock, Terry did a little housework, and then fixed herself and her aunt a quick lunch. Finally, it was close enough to four o'clock, and she could get out of the house she and her aunt shared.

Terry did not tell her aunt she would be out late that night; her aunt had never noticed when Terry came or went, or even where Terry went. When Terry was in school, she was absent so often that she had to repeat eight grade and was in danger of having to repeat tenth grade when she made the decision to simply drop out of school altogether.

Chapter 3

"Hey!" Paula cried out when a nervous Terry walked into the Dead End Bar.

"Hey!" Terry called back, relieved to see a friendly face.

"So glad you came!" Paula said and gave Terry an affectionate hug and kiss directly on Terry's lips.

"Uh, yeah, yeah," Terry said, a little surprised at the kiss.

Paula had come into Clark's Drive-In twice and was acting as if she and Terry had been the best of friends for years.

"Here, come here, hey Amber! This is my friend Terry. Terry, this is Amber," Paula said, pulling Terry over to the bar.

"Hey," Amber said and poured herself a beer.

"That's Cheryl up there dancing," Paula said, pointing toward the stage. "Soon as she gets off, Amber's up, then I'm next; you hungry? Want anything? On Thursdays, its pork chops but we also have burgers; our burgers are the best, oh, and wings, you like wings?"

"Right now? Just a coke, okay?" Terry smiled.

"That's it?" Paula asked. "Oh! We also got salads! Kirsten just added a five pepper salad; it's pieces of chicken and got red and green and yellow peppers and jalapenos and banana peppers... Yum! I just love it!"

"Right now, I just want something to drink," Terry smiled as she perched on bar stool.

"Mandy, this is my friend Terry," Paula introduced a small woman that stood behind the bar.

"Mandy and her husband run the place at night; Miss Rosy's at home taking care of her grandmother," Paula explained.

"What can I get for you, Terry?" Mandy smiled.

"Just a coke, please," Terry said.

"I want some wings," Paula said.

"Extra crispy," Mandy said before Paula could say it.

"You know it!" Paula giggled happily.

There was polite applause when Cheryl finished her set and more polite applause when Amber strutted out to 'Physical' by Nine Inch Nails.

"Okay, now, you got to help me eat these," Paula demanded when Mandy put a plate of chicken wings in front of her, still smoking from the deep fat fryer.

"Hey; you must be Terry, the birthday girl," Cheryl smiled as she sauntered over.

"Uh yeah, Cheryl, right?" Terry asked.

"The one and only," Cheryl smiled. "Hey, where do you get your hair done? I love it!"

"Does it herself; believe that?" Paula answered.

"No way!" Cheryl said and snagged a celery stick off of Paula's plate.

"Hey, bitch, give that back," Paula demanded.

"Come get it," Cheryl smiled and stuck the celery stick into the waistband of her skirt.

"Ew! Now it's all sticky!" Paula said.

"Oh no you didn't!" Cheryl gasped.

"Cheryl, got one for the Hurricane Room," Tom Begnaud, a large man said. "He's in one."

"And that's Tom; he's Mandy's husband," Paula said, dunking a wing into the blue cheese dressing. "He's the manager when Miss Rosy's not here."

Terry looked up at the man. He was obviously in his late forties or early fifties. Mandy, his wife, didn't look old enough to be working behind the bar. He stood at least six feet, four inches and had broad shoulders, a barrel chest, and substantial sized legs that strained against the jeans he wore. Mandy didn't look as if she reached the five foot tall mark and certainly didn't look like she weighed one hundred pounds.

As she passed him to put a mug of beer on the counter for a customer, Tom affectionately swatted Mandy on the backside. His meaty paw covered Mandy's entire backside.

Mandy squealed and gave her husband a loving pinch as she took the customer's money to the cash register.

"Let me guess, short guy? Kind of bald on top?" Cheryl smiled and finished crunching on her celery stick.

"Uh huh," Tom smiled.

"Damn, these are good," Terry said, gnawing on a wing.

"I told you," Paula said.

"But don't worry; I won't touch your celery sticks," Terry smiled.

"Oh no, you want a celery stick, help yourself. I just don't want Cheryl putting her nasty hands all over my food," Paula said.

"Just for that," Cheryl said and reached out with a finger and touched the wing Paula had in her hand.

"Ew! Now it's all sticky!" both Paula and Terry chorused.

Paula put an arm around Terry's waist and hugged her close as they giggled.

"Fuck both of y'all, you hear?" Cheryl smiled as she strolled away.

In minutes, Paula and Terry had reduced the pile of chicken wings to a pile of bones.

"Damn, those were good," Terry said.

"Yeah, hit the spot, huh?" Paula agreed, and then hopped down from the stool.

"I'm up next; don't go nowhere, okay?" Paula said and gave Terry a quick kiss directly on her lips.

Again, there was polite applause when Amber finished, dressed in only pasties, very skimpy thong and four inch heels. She gathered up her clothing, scooped her tips from the heavy glass container that was perched at the lip of the stage, and dashed off-stage.

A moment later, 'Alive and Kicking' by Simple Minds started and Paula walked onto the small stage. She moved slowly, sensuously to the slow, sensuous intro of the song, teasing the few men that leaned close to the stage.

She smiled as a man dropped a twenty dollar bill into the tip jar, and then peeled her top down, to expose a black strapless bra.

"She's so good; I could just kill her," Cheryl piped up, taking Paula's seat at the bar.

"Um, hey, um, let me ask you something," Terry said, leaning close to Cheryl.

"Yeah?" Cheryl said, pulling her eyes away from Paula's performance.

"Um, not that I'm, not that I got anything against them, but is she, is Paula gay?" Terry asked.

"Paula?" Cheryl laughed. "No, not that I've ever noticed. Why? Are you?"

"No!" Terry denied quickly.

"Too bad; I was kind of hoping you were," Cheryl shrugged.

"What? Really? Why?" Terry asked.

"'Cause I'm sick and tired of Peggy's shit," Cheryl spat, losing her smile. "Fuck, every God damned penny I make here, letting them gross ass mother fuckers put their nasty ass hands all over me? And all she's doing is sitting at home shoving it all in her veins? Need to get the fuck on out of there, that's for sure."

"Sorry to hear that," Terry commiserated.

Every meager penny she made at Clark's Drive-In seemed to be swallowed up by Aunt Janette's thoughtless spending sprees, fast food and beer binges, or half ounce bags of marijuana.

"Better smile; Paula sees you not having a good time, she'll take it out of my ass," Cheryl said, digging a friendly elbow into Terry's ribs.

As if Paula could hear Cheryl, she looked over at Terry. Terry smiled and waved to Paula. Paula smiled and blew Terry a kiss.

"I hate you," Cheryl said.

"What?" Terry squealed. "Why?"

"I'm all in love with that bitch for years; all you been doing is giving her some ice cream?" Cheryl complained good-naturedly. "That's it. I hate you."

"Fine; I hate you too," Terry said.

"Uh huh; you haven't even seen what I got you for your birthday," Cheryl said and hopped down from the bar stool.

"Amber, that's enough," Tom said forcefully when Amber tried to pour herself another beer.

"Fuck, feet are killing me," Amber complained, hoping to cajole another beer out of Tom.

"Take some aspirin," Tom snapped.

"Ass hole," Amber grumbled.

"What? I can send your ass home, know that?" Tom snapped. "Tita lives two minutes away, said she ain't doing nothing."

"Oh wow!" Terry said as she watched Paula suspend herself upside down on the pole onstage.

"Makes me dizzy just looking at that," Mandy agreed as she poured some liquor into the blender.

"I mean, I've heard, you know, jokes about pole dancing and stuff," Terry said. "So that's what that is."

The dismount was a feat in acrobatic skill; Paula put her hands on the floor, and then pushed away from the pole, to land on her feet.

As she straightened up, Paula looked to see if Terry had seen the fancy maneuver and smiled proudly as Terry applauded her.

The strains of Roxy Music's 'More Than This' faded as Paula quickly gathered up her clothing and the several dollar bills from the tip jar and scurried off-stage.

Mandy hit the button on the blender, whipping the several liquors and ice into a froth.

Paula strode rapidly to the bar, still struggling into her clothing.

"And, ten, nine, eight..." Paula counted down and laughed as the digital clock behind the bar flipped to 12:01. "Happy birthday, Terry!"

"Thank you," Terry smiled.

"And, here you go," Mandy said, squirting a dollop of whipped cream on top of a frothy drink. "One birthday cake martini!"

"Oh my God!" Terry exclaimed after taking a cautious sip of the funny looking drink. "That's the best thing I've ever had!"

"Let me see," Paula demanded and took a sip of the drink. "Ooh, Mandy! Give me one!"

"Not your birthday," Mandy said, setting her jaw firmly?

Terry put her arm around her new friend.

"Here," she said, holding out the glass.

"Thanks," Paula said, sticking her tongue out at Mandy.

Ready for another one?" Mandy said, grabbing the glass after the two women had finished sharing it.

"Yeah, God that's so sweet!" Terry said as Mandy poured more of the blender's contents into a fresh glass.

"Paula, got one in Hurricane Room Two," Tom said.

"I'll be there in just a minute," Paula said, Jumping up and reaching over the bar.

She pulled a bright red box from behind the bar and handed it to Terry.

"Look, I know we just met, so I really don't know what you like but I really hope you like this," Paula said.

"Oh, Paula! You didn't have to get me anything!" Terry exclaimed.

"Come on, open it!" Paula urged.

Terry recognized the box as coming from Babbage's Department Store; she had bought a few of their boxes to gift wrap items that had actually come from the second-hand store next to Johnson's.

She doubted that Paula ever had resorted to this trick. Whatever was in the box, she was sure, had come from Babbage's.

She opened the box and gasped as she pulled out the pale pink silk camisole top and matching panties and matching short robe.

"Happy birthday," Paula said and again kissed Terry directly on her lips. "I love you."

"Love you too," Terry said, still gaping at the beautiful items.

"That is very nice," Mandy agreed as Terry carefully folded the apparel and closed the box.

"Here, happy birthday," Amber smiled as she gave Terry a small box.

"Oh, thank you!" Terry said. "You didn't have to!"

"Wanted to; hope you like it," Amber smiled.

"Oh! I do like this!" Terry said as she pulled out the small bottle of Light Blue perfume by Dolce & Gabbana. "I mean, I've never had any, but I love the way it smells!"

"Happy birthday," Amber smiled, gave Terry a one arm hug, and then searched the dark interior of the bar for a face that would buy her a drink.

She saw her target, a scrawny middle aged man that was staring intently at Cheryl as Cheryl flipped the hem of her faux leather skirt up to reveal a matching faux leather thong underneath. Even as she walked toward the man, though, Amber continued to scan the crowd, looking for a more suitable prospect.

"And this is from Tom and me," Mandy smiled as she slid a hastily wrapped package to Terry.

Tom shrugged his shoulders and gave Terry a half-smile, indicating he knew nothing about it.

"Now this is ridiculous!" Terry protested. "Y'all didn't know it's my birthday!"

"Actually, yeah we did," Mandy smiled. "Paula came in and made me look up how to make that birthday cake martini."

Terry opened the box and found two small tasseled pasties and a thong that had 'Dead End Bar' silk screened running vertically down the thin strip of material.

"Woo hoo!" Terry laughed, delighted. "Don't know where I'd wear this, but thank you!"

The scrawny middle aged man ordered a beer and a Tom Collins. Mandy quickly made the cocktail, and then poured a fresh draft beer.

"And," Mandy said, hitting the button to whip up another batch of birthday cake martinis.

Terry remembered drinking one more birthday cake martini, remembered sharing one with Paula, even vaguely remembered kissing Tom and Mandy, Amber, and Cheryl good night, remembered Cheryl's playful little laugh as she tried to slip her tongue into Terry's mouth.

Terry remembered Paula putting her into the passenger seat of her BMW, lowering the roof of the car. She remembered the warm night air as it blew gently, causing her long blonde hair to trail behind her as Paula drove the expensive automobile.

She remembered sweet, soft kisses, then sleep.

Chapter 4

"Hey Birthday Girl!" Paula cheerfully greeted Terry.

Terry opened her eyes and smiled, despite the headache and overwhelming thirst.

Here, bet you could use some..." Paula said, holding out three Tylenol and a glass of ice water.

"Thanks," Terry said.

Paula climbed into the bed and stretched out next to Terry. Terry popped the three tablets into her mouth, took several gulps of the water, and then looked for a place to put the glass.

"Here," Paula said, taking the glass from Terry's hand and putting it on the nightstand.

"Thanks," Terry said again.

"Welcome," Paula said and combed fingers through Terry's hair.

Paula's light green eyes stared intently into Terry's light blue eyes for a long moment. Her happy smile grew, and then she leaned her face close and gave Terry a soft kiss.

"Like pancakes?" Paula asked, still combing her fingers through Terry's hair.

"Yeah!" Terry said.

"And strawberries and bananas?" Paula asked.

"Uh huh!" Terry said emphatically.