All Comments on 'Exploring Feelings Ch. 04'

by laf199

Sort by:
  • 21 Comments
AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
It really comes down to the next chapter...

So far you have written three chapters of unrepentant cheaters. Now your going to do one chapter of the confrontations. I don't see your votes looking good on those odds.

You've built up the drama with three chapters but it's the confrontation that people want. The only way I see you resolving this is if they all get quick divorces and the cheaters end up with each other and happy. I can tell you now if you go that route your going to get burned in votes and comments.

In the future you might want to balance your build up and confrontation better. Even if you don't want to do a reconciliation you still need time to do the end of relationship well. You've left yourself either only a quick ending no matter how you do it. And those are rarely ever satisfying.

Good Luck

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
low%

@ Anon The author wrote (in the first or second chapter) the 2 cheaters do not love each other only the lust which atracts them to each other. Happy common second marriage for them??? Naturally there is exception in the social life so happy common second marriage may be for the cheaters who do not love each other, but odds is low in the likelihood. The happy second marriage may be in that cases when the 2 cheaters do an agrament as (for example) they wait the youngest kids of them become 18 years old the divorce is planned, but in that case there is love between the 2 lovers. The divorce causes DNA test and confession for the not DNA relative kid etc...big disadventage in a common second marriage.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The luck of Chris

Chris is lucky not to live in those 6 states in the USA where the husbands can start law suit for 18 years child support compensation from the biological father.

To put bastard(s) in other family is felony (not Civil Law case) in Georgia, as fraud is in the local Criminal Law.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
writer in a corner?

I agree with the previous anon that the author has sort of written himself into a corner, what with the content of the three previous chapters, and now one more chapter to close everything off.

There's one sentence in this ch. that summarizes the whole dilemma:

"Both Amy and Chris cursed themselves for their weaknesses"

As written, they aren't 'bad' people. But their weaknesses go deeper than the selfishness implied in the long-term affaire. Their bigger problem is a lack of honesty with themselves - let alone with their respective partners.

Again, the anon's comments are correct from the story-telling perspective: reconciliation takes time to write about, if it is to be better than a throw-away 'they lived happily ever after' type of ending. And we now have 3 chapters against which a reconciliation has to be balanced.

Perhaps it can be done in a believable way. We shall see.

The more consistent (logical?) ending would be for Chris and Amy to finally pay the price for their weaknesses. What's the price to be paid? We shall see ..

impo_61impo_61over 8 years ago
This was a part just for extend the story...

This was a part just for extend the story...so I'll wait for the last part to rate the whole story...But until now this is about two low level selfish persons that don't love anyone except themselves...Not even their children...1*

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Amy has morals

She can take another mans sperm, but not the pill. Right.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
WOW!

Hope it all comes down on both of them like a ton of s#$t.

patilliepatillieover 8 years ago
So long, so drawn out, the end was kinda ho hum

Dont know what it is, the better commenters can probably identify it, but it just isnt as exciting as the usual illicit pregnancy drama.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
Wow - really unlikeable characters.

Predictable actions and inane dialogue made this no fun to read. And you droned on and on and on about nothing. Not good.

laf199laf199over 8 years agoAuthor
Re: So long

I do have a tendency to write too much, so I can understand your comment. To be honest, this was originally two chapters I shortened to one in order to keep the story moving. But I certainly could have cut some scenes.

I will hopefully be submitting the conclusion by the end of the weekend, so I hope everyone stays with it and let me know what they think. As a first try at this I certainly acknowledge there is much I can improve on.

And anyone who criticizes the sex scenes, I agree with you...didn't realize how hard it was to write those until I did. Also, there may have been too many between Amy and Chris; when writing them I felt all were important (and still do), but I realize what I've heard other authors say about how it gets boring writing scenes between the same two people. At a certain point, you try to top what you previously wrote, to the point that things become unrealistic probably. Lesson learned for next time.

bonnietaylor2bonnietaylor2over 8 years ago
you don't deserve tolive either dear annony

I'm back and you are still an asshole. Gave it a 55

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago

With the exception of the discovery this hits really close to home. Ended a nearly 20 year fling, near pregnancy and countless breakups (only to reunite).

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
The flash backs style is not working for me.

I am really interested in their present and future, but find their history of little interest. I already know they have raw monkey sex every chance they get, and no respect for their spouses nor themselves. So the details of exactly how they fucked, when they fucked, and what kind of bullshit excuse or reasoning they are currently slinging to explain why they fucked, are superfluous to the plot. What are they going to do going forward? With the cat now out of the bag, guess they are no longer in control of what happens from here on. May they wallow in their own shit for the rest of their lives.

AnonymousAnonymousover 8 years ago
1 chapter is not enough for 2 RAACs

Here 2 marriages are in crisis, because Chris's wife discovered the affair and if the author wants RAAC he should write 2 Reconciliations in 1 chapter so we could hope divorce or 2 divorces............

javmor79javmor79over 8 years ago
Loving this tale

I am so engaged right now. It is midnight and I can't stop reading. Great story!!

Jay80Jay80over 7 years ago
Curious

Are we supposed to root for these absolute worthless piece of shit characters? Amy and Chris are garbage, hope Brian fucks them up soon......

johnadpjohnadpabout 6 years ago
Two Blondes Can Only Have A Blond child

Blonde is a recessive gene. So two blondes can only have a blond child. Two brunettes that have the recessive gene for blond can have a blond child, but not the other way around. Brian, as a doctor, would know this even if the author of this story did not :).

AnonymousAnonymousabout 6 years ago
Foul Fools

The stench that permeated the first four chapters continues unabated in this current chronicle of these hateful characters. No doubt being caught will eventually set the table for their undeserved redemption when that's the last thing these fools should expect.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 6 years ago
IMPOSSIBLE

Johnadp is probably right about 2 blonds only producing a blond (unless they are not true, full blond).

However his concluding statement is impossible that Brian would know this even if the the author does not. Since Brian is a creation of the author, Brian cannot know anything unless the author does.

Probably just an unthinking gaffe.

Paul in Oklahoma

bobareenobobareenoover 3 years ago

Pretty slow going. Made me skim read, as the same stuff kept happening again and again, looking for some forward motion. At long last Chris, the asshole, has to deal with his wife knowing he is a scumbag. Ummm, yee-haw?

PlattnumPlattnum12 months ago

About time this shit was getting boring

Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous