Family

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here
aka_Mike
aka_Mike
506 Followers

"To grab you a plate of food." The surprise in her voice was amusing.

"Not today, baby," I said as I kissed her cheek, "you look beautiful by the way. Gorgeous. There are Goddesses out there dying of envy at this very moment. Today, you just enjoy yourself."

"I enjoy taking care of you, D."

"And you do a fine job, but let me take care of you for tonight." She blushed, "I got something special for you."

"A gift?" Her smile was like a child's.

"Two, actually," I said as I pointed at the door just as Jessica walked into the backyard. Edith' demeanor immediately changed, her anger was boiling over, she was ready to pounce on her like a lionesses pouncing on her prey. "Hold on, baby, you'll like this much more." I took her hand and led her toward Jose's table, "just behave yourself, please. Trust me, it'll be worth your while."

"Ok," she said in an angry tone, again she reminded me so much like a child throwing a temper tantrum, "I trust you."

"Jessica," I cheerfully said as she turned to look at me. Her smile quickly disappeared as she noticed who my companion was, "don't," I said as she tried to move away. She stood still, again frozen in place, "come," I said as I took her arm and led her to Jose's table. As he saw us approaching, he tried to run away but realized that he had nowhere to go. He was trapped, like an animal.

"Hello, Jessica," Jose quietly said, "it's been a long time since I've seen you."

"Shut your fucking mouths, both of you," I said, "here is what is going to happen. Jessica, you now work for me. Here is your new job: you are to watch over the former, albeit temporary, leader of the family. You are not to allow anyone to get near him. If even a hair on his head is ever out of place, well you don't want to find out how long it takes for lye to eat through human flesh, do you understand?"

"Yes," Jessica said.

"Good, if he makes a pass at you, I want to know about it immediately. If you make a pass at him, trust me, I'll know immediately. Remember, no one is to get near him with the exceptions of myself and of course my Chief of Security. Fuck up this job and you are gone. Understood?"

"Yes," she meekly replied.

"Good," I said, "go report to Francisco, he will make preparations to get you fully trained and give you uniforms." She immediately moved away, "little cousin, you get your own personal body guard. You should thank me."

"Thank you," the poison in his voice was not even disguised.

"I didn't want you to continue to feel unprotected," I smiled, "I know that was a big concern for you." Edith and I walked away, just as we were out of his hearing range she began to laugh softly.

"He gets to be around her all the time, but he can't fuck her. That is a great gift, D, thank you."

"And because she will be around him all the time, he won't get to fuck anyone else, my dear. Here's your second gift," I said as her food was brought to our table, "your favorite. Lobster tail and scallops in a butter and lime sauce, with grilled broccoli and baby corn." I had known this was her favorite dish for many years; this was the first time that I had acknowledged that I knew this. "I hope you enjoy it, my dear." I kissed her cheek as tears began to roll from her eyes.

"You wonderful, wonderful man." She kissed me openly on the lips, "thank you."

"You deserve it," I replied, "have a seat, enjoy your dinner." I pulled her chair out so she could sit comfortably, "I have a feeling that the rats are going to come out of hiding," I whispered in her ear.

"Sir," Francisco interrupted, "there is someone asking to meet with you confidentially."

"Excuse me, my dear," I told Edith, "let's go, my friend. I have a feeling that I will miss out on a lot of this party."

...

"Thank you for coming forward with this information, Cousin," I told the balding man sitting across from me. Cousin Armando was 15 years older than me, with a balding head, and a growing gut. His father had died when I was a baby, but my father often spoke great things about the man. "If there is anything that you need, please do not hesitate to ask."

"Thank you, Daemon," he replied, "it was a shame what happened to Angel. That was the reason why I had temporarily left the organization. As soon as I heard you were back, well I had to let you know that I was behind you."

"Of course, Cousin," I stood and shook his hand, "I value your trust, and I appreciate your confidence." As he walked away, Francisco looked at me with concern.

"There is one more person that wants to speak with you, sir," he said, "but this person specifically asked to speak only with you."

"Fine," I said as I lit another cigarette and poured myself another drink, I was beginning to regret not taking Edith up on her offer to get me a plate of food, "go and grab you some chow. Make sure that the men have eaten."

"Sir," he nodded as he stepped out of the office, as I rubbed my temples a soft knock on the door interrupted the few seconds of respite I had been given. Before I could answer, the door was opened and a Goddess appeared before me.

"I went to thank your Godmother for making that dish for me," Edith said, my breath had escaped me and for a second my brain had ceased to work properly. "Imagine my surprise when she told me she had not cooked it, but that you had." She walked around the desk, turned my chair to face her, and sat on the desk with her legs seductively crossed. "Why would you do something like that for me?'

"I wanted to," I replied, "you deserved something nice. It was the least I could do." She interrupted me with a kiss, her lips silenced any protest that could have escaped from my lips. Without a thought, my hands reached for her, I pulled her softly toward me and placed her on my lap without interrupting our kiss.

"Not even your cousin has ever done anything that sweet for me," she said between kisses. "I rarely eat that because of how hard it is to cook it properly," she continued kissing me, "everything in that plate was magnificent."

"I'm glad you liked it," I said, "but there is someone here to see me, and as much as I would like to continue this, business has to come first." She pouted before standing up, taking care to smooth her dress before walking out of the office.

"We will continue this discussion after the party," I said as she opened the door.

"Fine, D," she replied, "but numbers don't lie," she added, more to keep up the appearance that we were discussing some business matter. "He is ready for you, Uncle."

"Pops?" I said as the man walked into the office, "What are you doing here?"

"I'm here to speak with the Daemon, not with my son," he said.

"How can I help you, Uncle," I replied in the formal tone, even though he was my father, this was the customary way to address the men in our family from the earlier generation. In the family business, all men were Uncles or Cousins, the few that made it to their elder years were respectfully addressed as Grandfather. He reached into his coat and pulled an envelope with a very familiar seal. A seal that I had seen a few times before many years ago, and one that I never thought I would ever see again.

"This was dropped off in my house, Daemon," he said, "it was addressed to you. The Agent that dropped it off asked me to deliver a message: 'the King is back.' He said that you would know what it meant."

"Thank you, Uncle," I replied as he began to move to the door, "I will be staying here for the time being. Two of my men will be watching over you."

"No need," he replied, "he was a very nice young man," he replied, "told me that he made sure that no one would bother us so long as I delivered the letter. But I agree, you should stay here, there is a lot of work to do and this is the place for the head of the family. It suits you, son."

I opened the envelope and carefully read the message within; by the third reading I was completely sure that there was no mistake. I made my way to the party as it waned down; few of the guests had been waiting for me to reappear in order to say their goodbyes. Little by little, people began to leave as the party ended. As the last of the guests began to make their way out of the house, I looked at Francisco. "Bring Edith with you to the office; there is something we need to discuss."

"Yes, sir. Everything ok?" His look of concern was genuine, it was a look aimed at a friend and not an employer.

"It will be, my friend," I said, "I need some food."

"Your Godmother saved you some, sir" he replied, "I'll bring it to your office once I find Edith."

"Good, thank you," I replied as my thoughts moved away from this place and to a time many years before when I last heard that particular saying: 'the King is back.'" There was only one man that I have known to have used that particular homage, and I had thought him dead for many years.

The only man I had ever learned to fear: my friend Elvis.

aka_Mike
aka_Mike
506 Followers