Family Issues Ch. 07

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Diana's mobile played Middle Eastern music, and she raised her hand. "I gotta take this." She exited Helen's room.

"Hi."

"Hey, little girl."

"Nadine, listen—"

"Never use my name on the phone again."

"Okay."

"It's payday."

"What?"

"I'm only gonna say this once, so listen carefully. A delivery boy should be coming to your apartment soon with an envelope."

"What's in the envelope?"

"That's the last time you interrupt me when I'm talking. There is a golden ticket you must keep, and directions for an event. Your presence is required. Understood?"

"What event?"

"Understood?" Nadine's voice rose just a little higher, but it was enough to cause Diana to flinch.

"Understood!"

"Good. There's a dress code. It's all explained inside the envelope."

"Okay."

"Bring Kevin with you."

Ten minutes after the call from Nadine, Diana received a call from an unidentified number.

"Ms. Brion?" The voice on the other end was feminine. A southern drawl with the quality of poured honey.

"Who is it?"

"You don't know me. My name is Suzan Owens, I'm an associate of Nadine Tawfiq."

"Is this about the golden ticket event?"

"It's about an opportunity."

-

Kevin drove through rolling hills on the road above the ocean; the full moon shone above the dark silhouette of a tall mansion that was getting closer. For the last five minutes, they had been driving on a private road that twisted between windswept orchards. The tall black fence to their left reminded Kevin of the spine of a mythological beast. The black gate before them was the opening to the monster's gullet. They stopped at the entrance and waited in a line behind a Rolls Royce, a chrome and black Bentley, and a Lincoln limo. Diana's twenty-year-old BMW 320 looked like a kid from the projects on a day trip to the private school.

A tall man in a dark suit and a no-nonsense frown stopped them and motioned to Kevin with a flashlight to drive to the side. He then tapped on the red BMW's window.

"This is a private event." His voice was deliberately gruff as if he'd practiced being an ass in front of a mirror. The guard pointed the flashlight's beam into the car. "What do you want?"

"For you to forget you ever saw me dressed like this," Kevin said. He had on a white robe with the wings of an angel attached and a white halo that completed the look. "She made me wear it, I swear." He pointed at Diana, who wore a black mini dress, black wings, horns, and a devil mask. In her hand, she carried a small trident.

"We were invited," Diana said.

"Do you carry any weapons?"

"You mean her trident?" Kevin said. "She's always carrying it around when it's that time of the month."

"Should I laugh now?"

"You should," Diana said in a low voice. "Later you might die of some horrible disease, amen, and miss a good laugh."

"Yeah, you're real comedians." The guy's face didn't show any emotion. "Do you have the ticket, Mr...?"

"I do," Diana stared at the guard. If eyes could shoot lasers, he would have been a smoldering pile.

Kevin recognized the little muscle that rippled on his girlfriend's cheek. She was about to blow. He placed his hand on her thigh and rubbed it. "I think he means that he wants to see it, baby."

Diana slowly pulled out a golden ticket from her purse; she kept staring at the guard. "What is your name, sir?"

"Sure." The guard snatched the ticket and went into the guard booth.

"Hey, chill."

"I'm not angry," Diana growled.

Kevin snorted.

"I'm always relaxed when I'm planning a murder."

"He only wanted to see our ticket," Kevin said.

"He didn't pull that Rolls Royce aside. He said, 'Good evening, madam' to the girl in the Bentley, but he knocked on our window with a 'What do you want?' Just because of...because—"

"Because we're driving a car that didn't cost like the GDP of Guatemala. I noticed. He's a dick. So what? Fuck him." Kevin kissed her neck, and that took some of the edge off.

"I hate the type."

"Where the hell are we, anyway?" Kevin said. "We've been driving for three hours."

"A lot of important and powerful people are gonna be here tonight." She didn't elaborate, and he didn't ask, because the guard returned with the ticket and motioned them to drive right in. Kevin was afraid that she might initiate a fight, so he reversed quickly and screeched through the gate. "Have a wonderful evening. I hope a crocodile stings you," Kevin said for Diana's sake and made her laugh. He rolled the car up the hill towards the mansion. The road twisted between tall pines; they were wind-bent and eerie.

"Why are we going to a place with a lot of important and powerful people? We're not important or powerful."

Diana took some time to answer. "I'm tired of being someone who doesn't count."

"That's why you're dressed like Satan, and I'm dressed like I was in my second grade Christmas musical? I just hope no one who knows me sees us tonight."

"I'm not planning on driving an old BMW for the rest of my life, Kevin."

"So we're stealing that Bentley? Dope!"

"I don't want to work at that stinking store telling fat, ugly housewives every day that they look wonderful in that dress. I want something bigger. For me. For us. I want to drive a Bentley. I want people to respect me. I want that asshole guard to see me and say, 'Good evening, madam.' Do you understand?"

"Not really."

Diana sighed. "Don't you have dreams, Kevin?"

"Lots."

They reached an open, floodlit parking space built on a cliff. They could hear the waves fighting with the rocks below. Night wind from the ocean was whispering secrets, and the air carried a hint of autumn. An usher in a black suit motioned with a flashlight to their parking spot.

"Well?" she said.

"Well, what?"

"What kind of dreams do you have?"

"Really?"

"Yeah."

That was the first time that she had showed interest. Maybe she was serious about changing?

"I want my dad to get back on his feet, Diana. He's been depressed since my mom and little brother died. I want Mrs. Lewinski to get well somehow; she's got cancer."

"Who the fuck is Mrs. Lewinski?"

"My former landlord."

"What?"

"You asked me what I wish for. I've got a list. I want Mike, my best friend, to wake up and realize that he's not a kid anymore. I really, really want Helen to be happy. I want—"

Diana flinched. "Helen?"

"Tall, blonde. Lives in your house? Wakes up screaming every night? Ring a bell?"

"What about you? Don't you have dreams about your future? About us?"

"Us?"

"You and I."

"There is no us, Diana. There is you pointing a gun at my head, and there is me."

"What the fuck?" She raised her voice. "I don't point anything to your head."

"Four weeks ago, you punched my tooth out and then forced me to crawl back to you by pointing the equivalent of a loaded gun at my father."

"I said I'm sorry."

"Grow up, Diana."

"We had a fight, that's all. People in relationships fight sometimes. They have a difference of opinion, they fight, they make up, and they put it behind them."

"A difference of opinion?"

"Yes. People in relationships sometimes have a difference of opinion."

"Like your opinion that we're in a relationship and my opinion that we're not in any sort of a relationship?"

"Stop the car!"

"We need to park first."

"Stop the fucking car!" Diana screamed and slammed her fist on the dashboard so hard she made a dent. "Now!"

Kevin braked, and Diana jumped out. He wanted to follow her, but another tall guard in a dark suit motioned him to move forward to his spot. He parked the car near the Bentley and looked around. The parking lot looked like a luxury motor show. People wearing evening suits that probably cost a few of his paychecks were moving towards the mansion's main entrance. Most of them wore devil masks.

"Diana?" Kevin shouted and got a half-curious, half-hostile look from the usher. He dialed her number, but she didn't pick up.

A long, sexy leg in sheer black hose emerged from the Bentley Continental like something from a corny movie. Attached to that leg was a tall, curvy Asian-looking futa in a black mini. Her long silken hair was painted dark red. She stared at Kevin for a moment with a pair of almond eyes, her irises a deep pool of restless gold. You could drown in them, and no amount of free diving skill would save you. Kevin stared back for a moment, blinking, mesmerized, but then she donned a devil mask, and the magic was gone.

"Chto ty ishchesh'?"

"Sorry?"

She pulled the mask off. "Oh, you speak English."

"Ah, yes. Fluently."

"That's a refreshing change. Your accent is excellent."

"I know. Some people say I almost sound like a true Yankee."

She stared at him for a second, then smiled. "I thought you were one of Nadine's boys." Her accent had a tint of French in it. "Did you lose something?"

"Just my girlfriend."

"Good luck with that."

"We sort of had a fight."

"Sort of?"

"People do that in a relationship, and I'm in a relationship, whether I like it or not."

"Ah, relationship." She smiled. "When one side is always right, and the other side is always the boyfriend."

"Are you going inside, Ms...?"

"Where else?"

"If you see her there, can you tell her to call me? She's a tall, pretty, slim redhead wearing a black mini dress." He blushed because he realized that description matched the woman in front of him. "She really is a tall, slim redhead in a black mini—I wasn't trying to be a creep and hit on you or anything."

"I wish you were."

"Her name is Diana."

"Lucky Diana. If I see her, I'll tell her that her beautiful angel is looking for her."

"I'm Kevin, by the way."

"I'm Sin." Her handshake was firm.

"Sin? Is that a Chinese name?"

Her lips were so red, her smile seemed like an invitation. "No, it's one of the seven capital vices. Can you guess which one?"

"Gluttony?"

She laughed. "I can see why you two fight a lot. I hope to catch you later tonight, Kevin." She pulled a large suitcase from her car and strode to the castle on her stilettos. Kevin stared at her firm ass bouncing for several seconds, then shook his head and went searching for Diana.

"God, give me the reason to understand my girlfriend, cause if you'll give me the strength, I'll murder her."

-

He found his girlfriend standing at the edge of the cliff, shivering in the chill wind, staring at the restless ocean. She was rocking back and forth, which was how she would calm herself when she was crying. She looked vulnerable in the weak light, half-transparent; almost made of moonbeams. Kevin approached from behind and gently wrapped his arms around her.

"Hey, baby, I'm sorry," he said. "I didn't mean to be such a dick."

"Do you hate me, Kevin?" Her voice was faint.

"No."

"But you don't love me."

"You got hold of my father's promissory note so you can keep me in line."

"Your dad had to pay those gangsters every month. I freed him."

"Free? You're using my dad's promissory note to make me your prisoner."

"Boyfriend."

Kevin sighed. "Let's just go home, Diana."

"If I rip up the promissory note and set you free, will you come back to me eventually?"

"Probably not."

"I appreciate the brutal honesty, baby." She shivered, and Kevin kissed the back of her neck because that always relaxed her. "You don't love me at all," she said.

"Sometimes we have fun together when you're nice. I love the sex, most of the times. I like it when we go dancing. I like it that you're beautiful."

"But you don't love me." Diana closed her eyes. "I love you, Kevin."

"I know."

"I'll never let you go."

"I know."

"Why can't you love me back?"

"We're very different people, Diana." He hugged her tight.

"That's not it. You don't love me because I'm stupid and a nobody."

"You're none of those things."

"If I were successful and rich like Helen, would you take me diving too?"

"I'll take you diving. All you need to do is ask, Diana."

She turned and hugged him back, then leaned and kissed his lips passionately. Her hands went under his shirt. He could feel her hardening.

"Let's go home, Diana. I don't like it here."

"Why?"

"Some of the people over there, I saw them at the arena at Nadine's place. Bad people. We don't belong here." Kevin's voice became pleading. "Please, Diana. Let's just go home and have a ton of sex. I'll do that thing you're crazy about. You know; the tongue roll and the twist."

She bit his lips hard enough to draw blood. "Even if I wanted to, baby, I couldn't."

"Why?"

"I'm gonna be somebody. You'll see."

"You're already somebody, Diana."

"I'll be somebody that people respect. Then you'll love me."

-

The mansion was Victorian, red brick topped with copper domes and spires, some of them greened with patina by the passage of time. There must have been at least a hundred windows on the three floors facing the parking. The interior was no less impressive. The foyer alone could accommodate several semi-trailers. Wooden panels ran along the long corridors, as did ornate chandeliers and oil paintings of old bearded men in tunics and ruffs and somber women in velvet gowns.

From beyond the entrance and down a massive flight of stairs came angelic music, a choir of beautiful young voices singing in perfect harmony, accompanied by a soft harp. Guests were moving down the flight of stairs. Kevin turned to follow, and a hand copped a feel on his butt. He turned around, more annoyed than alarmed. Behind him stood several long-legged futas in black evening dresses. They all wore devil masks, and it was impossible to tell which one of them had taken the liberty with his buns. He frowned at the girl directly behind him, and she snorted in response.

"Uh, Diana?"

"Yes, baby."

"Why is everyone wearing devil masks, and I'm the only one dressed as an angel?"

"Feeling like you're behind the eight-ball again?"

"Like a mouse at a cats' party."

"Welcome to my world."

Someone touched Kevin's shoulder.

"Look now, I know karate." Kevin spun around. "I'm a blue belt."

The young man behind him had tanned skin. He wore a tailored black suit that looked like he was born in it. "Why did you stop at blue belt? Ran out of crayons?"

"I wanted to say brown belt, but I wasn't sure if they have that color in judo."

"It was karate a moment ago."

"Nobody likes nitpickers."

"Ms. Brion, I'm Ethan Price." The young man offered his hand to Diana and shook it with energetic enthusiasm. "Welcome to the Naogen Tokomi event." Ethan had the Italian rascal look. A shock of black hair ruffled with style. Big blue eyes, sparkling with mischief.

Ethan wasn't tall and had the slim look of someone who probably spent a lot of time in the gym. He reminded Diana of a younger version of Robbie Williams. She'd had a crush on Robbie Williams when she was twelve.

He must have noticed her interest because his smile turned cocky. It pushed all the right buttons with Diana. Breathing hard, she turned back to her boyfriend and gave a deep sigh of relief. Kevin still looked super-hot. "It took us a while to get here. I hope we have the right idea about the dress code."

"Not only that, if I may be bold, you look absolutely stunning, Ms. Brion."

"Call me Diana. See, Kevin, that's how you talk to a lady."

"I'll keep that in mind in case I ever meet one."

"I'll be your personal assistant for this evening," Ethan didn't lose his smile for a second. "If you need anything, all you have to do is ask."

"Anything?" Diana smiled right back.

"Anything."

Kevin felt the hair on the back of his neck stand. He wondered why the hell he felt a sharp jab of jealousy. After all, he didn't like his girlfriend. "I'm Kevin." He offered his hand.

"I know. Follow me."

Ethan pulled them out of the stream of guests moving down the big stairs, and they followed him into a long corridor. LED stripes were incorporated into the chessboard tiles and wooden wainscoting, creating the effect of natural light entering through cuts in the wall. They passed several intersections, and Kevin lost his bearings. At last, they came to an area that had drywalls and dirty grey carpets. Someone had gotten fed up with the medieval classical theme and replaced it with a depressing urban office theme. Truly the mark of a twisted mind.

Ethan knocked on a big mahogany door at the end of the corridor.

"Come in." The voice had a heavy southern accent. It reminded Kevin of a sweaty day in August.

Ethan entered a code on a keypad on the wall and pushed open the door to what looked like an office. Again, drywalls and grey carpets designed so they could suck the will to live out of Paddington Bear. It had one redeeming—and confusing—aspect. A massive canopied bed stood in one corner of the room.

At first, Kevin had a hard time understanding what he was seeing. There was simply too much going on.

A young Latino man, a bit on the stocky side, had his back propped up against a big red pillow. A blonde nymph lay between his spread thighs, and her head bobbed up and down on his cock. Another impish young blond man was naked on his knees while the guy getting the blowjob massaged his cock gently. The blond guy seemed oblivious to his surroundings. He leaned over and appeared to be snorting something from a small cabinet. Kevin got all these details and managed to see the silhouette of someone tall sitting at a desk when Ethan placed his hand on Kevin's chest. "Not you, just her."

"What?"

"You're not invited."

"That's okay, baby, you can wait for me outside," Diana said.

"For how long?"

Diana closed the door behind her.

"Just fucking great," Kevin stared at the door for a second, decided to "fuck it", but Ethan gently took his hand off the wood.

"Let me in."

"No!" Ethan had on his cocky smile. Kevin thought he was the stuff toothpaste commercials were made of.

"Look, dude, I know what happens when she's in a room with naked prostitutes. Been there, done that, bought the fucking T-shirt. Let me in."

"You have an appointment elsewhere," Ethan said.

"What?"

Ethan checked his watch. "In twenty minutes."

"With whom?"

"You'll know in twenty minutes."

"It's Nadine? She's here, right? I think I saw Brigitte in a devil mask. I'd recognize her 'don't fuck with me' walk anywhere."

"You'll..." Ethan talked slowly, like one would to a difficult three-year-old, "...know in twenty minutes."

"I don't want to meet Nadine."

"Would you shut the fuck up about Nadine already?!"

Kevin smiled because he'd finally found a crack in Ethan's condescending armor. "What it is exactly that you do here, Ethan?"

"Same as you, minus the stupid questions."

"Hey, I just met you, and this is crazy. But I don't like you, so bite me."

"Not very likely," Ethan said.

"What is this place, anyway?"

"If you don't know, it's probably because you're not meant to know."

Kevin took a deep breath. "Why aren't you dressed like a devil, Ethan?"

"Why aren't you?"

"I asked you first."

"If you don't know, well, ditto."

Kevin rolled his eyes. "Can you pause the CIA movie or the Ninja Turtle movie or whatever movie you think you're part of and talk like a human being?"

"Look at you, getting your knickers in a bunch." Ethan's fake smile vanished. "If I didn't know better, I might have been impressed. All right, dummy. There are two types of people here tonight. One of them is the kind that follows orders."

"Like wearing a silly angel costume when he is told to do so?"

"What do you know, you're not brain-dead after all. The other type came here tonight to have a good time. To wind down. Well, that's just part of the game."

"Can my type of people get a drink, or is having a good time limited to the other kind?"

-

The bar was built like everything else in the place. It spoke of money and power, but not very good taste. Along the wall was every hue of amber liquid in inverted bottles, every vice your heart desires and your liver not so much. It was built on a balcony above the massive ballroom.