All Comments on 'Fido'

by gordo12

Sort by:
  • 125 Comments
sbrooks103xsbrooks103xalmost 5 years ago
Thoughts

"She was bored though with nothing planned for the day." - So get a damn job! Who cares that you don't need the money! Or volunteer.

"She couldn't. She shouldn't!" - Ya think?

After the first experience, you'd think she'd come to her senses.

Had a good chuckle.

MattblackUKMattblackUKalmost 5 years ago
That was an original story

And it's possible that it does explain what dogs think of humans.

An amusing tail, sorry, tale.

revkilljoyrevkilljoyalmost 5 years ago
Loved it.

Very funny.

HeelGuy9800HeelGuy9800almost 5 years ago
This was hilarious

Man’s best friend, obviously not wife's best friend. This could have been in Humor and Satire but nobody would have read it. I thought it was great.

NipplesandwineNipplesandwinealmost 5 years ago
That was so funny

Thanks for the read

26thNC26thNCalmost 5 years ago
Loving Dogs

A new Literotica genre is born. Really good, funny story about an unfaithful wife versus a faithful hound. Man's best friend prevails again. Thanks for the laugh, great story.

silentsoundsilentsoundalmost 5 years ago
This was funny!

4* and thanks for the grin.

AgroundagainAgroundagainalmost 5 years ago
Cute

There be little devil neurons inhabiting the dusty corners between your ears. Liked it a lot. Nice change of course for the genre and the dog versus squirrel is right on.

laptopwriterlaptopwriteralmost 5 years ago
Arf...arf, arf....arf, arf, arf...

arf--arf--arf, arf, arf...arf-arf.

PiperHamlinPiperHamlinalmost 5 years ago
This was charming

Well done sir.

WILLACWILLACalmost 5 years ago
What an imagination

you have. I haven't laughed so hard in months. If I could give you teh stars I would. 5*.

lance_spearmanlance_spearmanalmost 5 years ago
Cute story

It reminds me of another one i read on this site - don't remember the title or author unfortunately. In that one the house does the caretaking - splinter to the foot, tumble down stairt, large pottery landing on the man's head, etc. Similar concept, completely different execution.

magmamanmagmamanalmost 5 years ago
Weird but..?

Different. I like different.

Thanks,

MGM

neilnblowme2neilnblowme2almost 5 years ago
lmfao

amazing funny clever

i think the author was a dog in a former life ... lol

to take the simple words of another literotica member .... woof woof and a great big woof

avidfaavidfaalmost 5 years ago
Certainly original!

And, you kept it up through to the end. Bravo, well done. You also captured how everyone lives in their own world inside their head, and rarely do those inner worlds match each other.

boatbummboatbummalmost 5 years ago
Fun and Funny!

Thanks for a different view of a cheating slut flushing her marriage down the toilet.... ;-)

LMAO!

Crusader235Crusader235almost 5 years ago
LMAO!

Halirious! About peed myself when Rufus dropped the bone in that guys mouth. Cindy should have caught on that dog wasn't going to let her have fun. Five Stars for the laughs!

heathrowinneoheathrowinneoalmost 5 years ago
One of the best stories

and loved Rufus!

Just_WordsJust_Wordsalmost 5 years ago
That was great fun! 5*****

I believed every word.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
Wife Was A Keeper & One Line Too Many

If we have a Zombie Apocalypse he's going to regret getting rid of this wife. My god, that was one determined woman. She didn't even take a day off after major injuries.

You created a parallel universe of thought and consciousness between dog and man that worked very nicely. The human and imagined animal thought interactions made sense, except for the Michelangelo line (how does Frido know about Michelangelo). Perhaps if Steve had a painting of dogs playing poker and Frido thought a great artist must have painted that and he imagined the bone being worthy of the standards of that great artist.

Liked it. I'm sure in part two Ann has a litter that looks nothing like Frido and we find out how he handles that and the BTB he exacts on that bitch. Ann came across to me to be the exact kind of conniving BITCH that would have a litter with a pure bred and pass it on as Frido's to raise.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Appreciate the effort, but it was just too lame and ridiculous.

Good humor is intelligent. This was neither.

Maybe try again with more thought. Or maybe that's all you've got?

Impo_64Impo_64almost 5 years ago
The story was hilarious...

The story was hilarious...And that's enough...It achieved its goal...4*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Man's Best Friend.

When I went to Vietnam her father gave my wife a male puppy that she spoiled rotten while I was away. When I got back home and wanted to renew my acts of attention to her needs the dog insisted on protecting her by snuggleing between us on the bed as he stood guard. It took a few days while we “exercised” to let him know that she was safe with me but eventually he grew to trust me. He protected us for fifteen years but I often had to tell him that we needed some alone time: “Mittens; get off the bed!”

Well deserved 5 Stars

rvbuilderrvbuilderalmost 5 years ago
The best whimsical story of the year!

This story is a real hoot! It’s a realistic narrative of what a dog probably thinks. He just went about his daily business, doing the best he could, and yet everything he tried to do backfired.

He did unwittingly expose the cheating slut Cindy, and his buddy Steve would be piteously grateful if only he knew Rufus’ part in it.

luedonluedonalmost 5 years ago
Cute Story - Lance Spearman comment

I agree it was a cute and well done little piece of whimsy. I liked it.

The story Lance Spearman comment mentioned was 'The Observer' by the brilliant WhatDreamsMayCome. The house was the obstacle to the adulterous activities in that story. (But deliberately, rather than accidentally as Rufus did.) It was in many ways a Sci-Fi story just as this could have been classified as Humour.

I like large bumbling dogs, and Rufus behaved just as you would expect one to.

Lue

oldwayneoldwaynealmost 5 years ago
I don't see how anybody could give this less than...

FIVE STARS!

Vandemonium1Vandemonium1almost 5 years ago
10/5

For originality, good writing and many laughs.

Very well done.

SanzegoSanzegoalmost 5 years ago
Comic relief

Its hard not to let a good story effect you. When you read about cheating spouses odds are you will end up transferring your feeling about said story, unconsciously, to your husband or wife. Sad? Yes, but its a sign of good writing. Putting the impetus on the dog character was funny. Any dog owner can tell you how they've stared at their pets and wondered just how intelligent they really are and if an offense committed was accidental or purposeful. Now we know its all just miscommunication. Women are fron Venus, men are from Mars and mans best friend is from Pluto. This story was funny. It made want to hug my Great Dane. Thanks for the laugh.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Originally Funny!

Best read in a very long time.

gatorhermitgatorhermitalmost 5 years ago
Absolutely Hilarious

Did not expect such a funny story today. Well done!

penneydog55penneydog55almost 5 years ago
Top Shelf Stuff.

Fantastic Story!....Dogs Point Of View!...Loved it!.. Thanks.5 Stars ★★★★★.WOOF.

gordo12gordo12almost 5 years agoAuthor
@Johnadp - Rufus is VERY familiar with Michelangelo

Thank you for your kind comments on "Fido To Serve and Protect."

I thought I would pass on a little known historical fact.

While Michelangelo was painting the Sistine Chapel they hired dogs to guard the nunnery from his lechery. He kept trying to get the nuns to pose nude for his paintings.

All woofed down through oral tradition from generation to generation by the guard dogs!

Rufus is very familiar with Michelangelo.

A_BierceA_Biercealmost 5 years ago
Gives me paws

when I think of some of the things I've done over the years in the presence of our dogs. Thank goodness I can't speak woof.

But I love the story.

john_sixfooterjohn_sixfooteralmost 5 years ago
Excellent, great original perspective!

You truly outdid yourself, this was great!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
The absolute funniest story.

This is one if not the funniest story I have ever read. Great Job.

TatankaBillTatankaBillalmost 5 years ago
THAT is a great story!

I love it. I want a Rufus series now!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Puppy Love!

What a nice change and breath of fresh air! Kudos on a great little story.

kiteareskitearesalmost 5 years ago
Brilliant!

What a wonderful take on the genre. At one point I thought it was going to go accidentally to a place Lit doesn't allow, tripped, fell, landed on...

Love the closing part too, silly bitch if only she'd thought the same way as Rufus.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
@gordo12.... Thanks For The Correction And Historical Insight

It's interesting how history comes down differently in the parallel oral traditions of humans and dogs. I'd heard that Sixtus IV put the dogs on guard to assure the nuns stayed true only to him (although there were rumors at the time that he was a swinger and shared them at times with Jesus, but I don't believe historians were able to definitively confirm that one way or another). This is a great example why it's important to have multiple sources to even hope to have a chance of arriving at historical truth.

Boy the stories those dogs must be able to tell. Maybe a Renaissance period piece next?

Had already given the story a five so wasn't able to add to it with your insightful correction. However, being a history buff I appreciate that tidbit of historical background.

johnadpjohnadpalmost 5 years ago
@gordo12... A Correction To Your Correction

I actually remembered something and should have thought of it before my last comment. Damn ADD!

As it tends to happen in the telling of oral history, Rufus' ancestors' true story got altered over time. Sixtus IV put the guard dogs in place to assure the priests stayed true to him. Michelangelo was gay after all!

clarkgarbleclarkgarblealmost 5 years ago
Fido....er..... Bravo!

O Noble Hound!

CaOldDogCaOldDogalmost 5 years ago
Great Story

Having had German Shepards you recognize their behavior traits - what a fun 5* story

bruce22bruce22almost 5 years ago
lots of fun!

The title told me that it would be an enjoyable tale. Still Rufus would have been a perfectly satisfactory ID for this delightful tale of lack of communication and good intentions defeated!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
A smart dog

Would have kept Cindy at home humping his own bone.

enderlocke27enderlocke27almost 5 years ago
hell yeah

i never read anything like that before, secret life of pets meet literotica LW lol wow just awesomely wow loved it so much im actually going to clickon all the stars which i never do, stupid rating system tyvm for the most awesome read lol

IainmoreIainmorealmost 5 years ago
Give the dog a bone.

Rufus deserves a bone don't yah think.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Man's best friend

Yep, good ole Rufus is a loyal and trustworthy friend. Now Cindy is a different animal all together isn't she.

hindsight2020hindsight2020almost 5 years ago
All I can say is...

... Who's a good boy?! Fido's a good boy! That's who!

5*

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Hilarious

Very creative

beamer142beamer142almost 5 years ago
Great Laugh

Thoroughly enjoyed this witty tale

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Great original story

funny and completely original - a modern adult version of Lassie. loved it, keep writing

ErotFanErotFanalmost 5 years ago
Refreshingly humorous

Very clever. "Bad seed" was priceless! Perhaps Rufus kept Steve from catching something.

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
Brilliant and very original!

I started reading this and wasn't impressed but I am glad I cam back to it! This must be the only one of its sort on this site. Told with humor and panache! Full Marks!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 5 years ago
good dog

hilarious, so funny so well written

jtwheelsjtwheelsover 4 years ago
Dog is man's best friend even when backwards or ass down

Enjoyed

AnonymousAnonymousover 4 years ago
4 stars

Dogs! You gotta love em!

kosmonavtkosmonavtover 4 years ago

This story reminds me of Roog by Philip K. Dick. In the story the dog kept barking at the men in the garbage truck. They were stealing all of the treasures in his human's garbage cans.

gordo12gordo12over 4 years agoAuthor

@ kosmonavt: thanks for the heads up. I went looking for a copy of that short story. I've never read it but was curious. Turns out any books containing it are hard to find. Nothing at Amazon or Barnes and Noble. If anyone knows where I could buy a copy please let me know.

The good news is Fido Ch2 is being written. When I first wrote Fido I have to admit I was fearful of posting it. I thought everyone would think I was crazy. My pre-readers said otherwise so up it went. It was intended to be a one chapter story but I thought of a second.

RUFUS will ride again...coming soon.

robroy93robroy93about 4 years ago
Friend

Rufus is definitely Steve's best friend. Good boy.

jtwheelsjtwheelsabout 4 years ago
Second reading and still laughing

She just wasn't trainable

TorgauTorgauabout 4 years ago

Superbly done!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
Now I Know Why

Dogs are referred to as 'man's best friend.' Didn't have any when I found out what my ex was up to, even my siamese didn't clue me in on her adventures. Good thing for both of us that she didn't take him when she left. Probably had something to do her realizing she wouldn't be getting a proper burial, it's difficult to do when there's no body to be found.

I laughed all the way through this, trying to figure out what this reminded me of, then I read 'kosmonavt's' comment about Philip K. Dick's Roog; Bingo. I don't think I've had this much fun since the first time I read Stangstar06's 'Two Christmas's' and 'Turning Towards Ohio' and discovered Fredoberto. Gordo, thanks a million (USD, not those Monopoly Loonie bills) for this. Good thing our two haven't figured out about the new door locks...yet. Signed: BTW

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 4 years ago
😂

Truly original and great story.🥇🙄👍👍

SunOceanSandSunOceanSandalmost 4 years ago

One word "Hysterical"

muskyboymuskyboyalmost 4 years ago

Husband is dumber than a dog????

SimpleGuySquaredSimpleGuySquaredover 3 years ago
Hilarious

About peed my pants laughing so hard! What a great story.

AnonymousAnonymousover 3 years ago
Wow

Outstanding!!! Laughed the whole way through. yu

26thNC26thNCover 3 years ago
Again

Hilariously satisfying dog burns bitch story, and then he got laid. What more could you ask for?

jlg07jlg07over 3 years ago

Riot. Great story

whateverittakeswhateverittakesabout 3 years ago

Proves dog is man's best friend.

johsunjohsunalmost 3 years ago

"Bad Seed - Diseased" - Too damn funny.

SimpleGuySquaredSimpleGuySquaredalmost 3 years ago

Man's best friend :) And capable of detecting "bad seed." Hilarious 5*

MarkT63MarkT63almost 3 years ago

Awesome!!! Mans best friend indeed!!!

opheliusopheliusalmost 3 years ago

The best LW tale I've read in a while. Five *!

HaydenDLinderHaydenDLinderover 2 years ago

I love this dig. 5 stars for an invigoratingly new perspective.

desecrationdesecrationover 2 years ago

I tend to think dogs are little angels sent down to take care of us, so this story makes perfect sense, and was hilarious.

marshamaymarshamayover 2 years ago

Loved it. I have 3 very protective dogs. I sometimes wonder what goes on in those heads.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

This was funny and well written well done

MountainsageMountainsageover 2 years ago

Well crafted and funny as all git out.

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

So funny. Thanks.

Popcorn_and_StoriesPopcorn_and_Storiesover 2 years ago

5*

Rufus is now on my list of favorite fictional dogs in humorous stories. He's up there with Henry from 'Adventures in Loving a Canine Catastrophe,' and Montmorency from 'Three Men in a Boat.'

AnonymousAnonymousover 2 years ago

My wife thought I was unwell because I was laughing hysterically....

HWV55HWV55over 2 years ago

hihihi I like it :-)

AnotherChapterAnotherChapterover 2 years ago

Simply hilarious! gotta love that dog!

oldandpastitoldandpastitover 2 years ago

Bloody hell, Superb

Doodle_DandyDoodle_Dandyabout 2 years ago

Great story. Dogs are GOOD PEOPLE. Do more of these!

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

What a great story! It truly is a dog’s life.

AnonymousAnonymousabout 2 years ago

🤣🤣 Good boy! AHAHAHAHA! Freaking hysterical!!! Thanks

Omart57Omart57about 2 years ago

Very funny! Good story!

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

Very funny. "Good dog!"

BH54BH54almost 2 years ago

Great idea. Very funny.

TexScotTexScotalmost 2 years ago

🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

AnonymousAnonymousalmost 2 years ago

A man's best friend

OlgreyfoxOlgreyfoxover 1 year ago

WOW! Fucking A Great!! G12 you have a VERY interesting mind. I have read most of your stories and like those that I have already read but THIS story takes home the Power Ball win! Keep it up, I look forward to many more of your writing scribbles.

GrandstandTedGrandstandTedabout 1 year ago

So funny, well done 👏

Boyd PercyBoyd Percyabout 1 year ago

The dog Rufus was the only smart one in the story!

5

MissMudMissMudabout 1 year ago

Silly and fun! Very good read! Five stars!

12
Anonymous
Our Comments Policy is available in the Lit FAQ
Post as:
Anonymous
usergordo12@gordo12
Nov 2020 A change in my comment policy: I've allowed commenters free reign in the past. Unfortunately, a few have abused that. Therefore, if you post shit, you'll get deleted. Nov 2020 Sorry for not keeping this up. Two new stories coming. One for the Winter Contest called "H...

SIMILAR Stories