Finding Love Pt. 01

PUBLIC BETA

Note: You can change font size, font face, and turn on dark mode by clicking the "A" icon tab in the Story Info Box.

You can temporarily switch back to a Classic Literotica® experience during our ongoing public Beta testing. Please consider leaving feedback on issues you experience or suggest improvements.

Click here

Her protective instincts kicking in, she wanted nothing more that to walk over and knock the blonde's teeth out. How dare she talk to my Ari that way? 'My Ari?' That thought threw her for a moment. When did Ari go from a sexual fantasy to 'hers'?

Kate suddenly had a thought that was either the best or the worst idea ever. With little time to really consider it, Kate took action.

Mustering all the confidence she had, she sauntered over to the two women and placed her left arm around Ari's shoulder. Ari watched, speechless, as Kate placed a gentle kiss on her cheek. Kate smiled, took Ari's right hand in her left, and locked their fingers. With a gentle squeeze of Ari's hand, Kate spoke.

"Hey baby, you find something to buy?" Kate said. Kate was hoping Ari would have sense enough to play along.

"No, nothing," Ari said, her face blank. Kate turned her gaze to the blonde and asked, "Is this a friend of yours from school?"

As Ari was about to speak, she recalled that Kate would need to see her lips. She squeezed Kate's hand in hers and Kate turned her head to meet Ari's gaze and, more importantly, her lips.

"Yeah, this is Zoe. We have history together," Ari said simply. Kate was glad Ari was such a smart girl and picked up on why Kate was holding her hand. The 'history' reference didn't escape Kate's keen observation either. Kate plastered her most professional smile on her lips as she extended her hand to the blonde.

"Hello. It's nice to meet you. I'm Kate."

"Hi Kate," Zoe offered and Kate could tell from the half hearted handshake, not to mention the lost look on her face, that Zoe was none too happy.

"Well baby, I don't want to cut your meeting short, but we really need to get going," Kate said with a fake sympathetic look.

"Yeah, it's fine. See ya Zoe," Ari said.

"Nice meeting you," Kate finished as she ushered Ari out of the store.

Hand in hand they walked calmly down the mall and out the doors. Kate got the feeling that Ari wanted to bolt, but Kate kept a firm hold on the young woman's hand.

They moved silently into the editorial building and to Kate's office. Kate directed Ari to the small sofa in the corner.

"Sit and don't move," Kate ordered; next she moved to her cabinet and brought out a bottle of brandy and two glasses. She quartered each glass and handed one to Ari.

"Drink it!" Kate commanded. Ari did and almost gagged. Kate downed her own and took a seat next to Ari. Facing the girl, she spoke softly, "You want to tell me what that was all about Ari?"

The young girl shook her head and refused to look at Kate. Kate took Ari's hands in her own and tried gently to get her to talk.

"Ari, I'm not going to judge you or any of your past decisions. I read what that girl was saying to you and I'd like to know what it was all about. I care about you a lot, so please let me in."

The tears began and for several minutes, Ari silently cried in Kate's arms. Kate just held her, rocked her gently and murmured words of encouragement to her.

For a long while, even after the tears stopped, Ari just stayed in Kate's arms. She enjoyed the feeling of Kate's strong arms around her. She felt safe and protected.

Kate wanted Ari to trust her and open up to her but she bided her time. If she pushed too soon, Ari would bolt. She desperately wanted to know what was going on.

"Hey, you wanna get out of here?" Kate asked.

Ari looked at Kate with such sadness in her eyes that Kate's heart broke. She knew that this beautiful girl should not be alone right now.

"Come on, I'll take you somewhere safe," Kate said as she stood. She pulled Ari to her feet and led her to the door. They left the building and Kate hailed a cab. She gave the driver an address and off they went.

Chapter 7

"Where are we?" Ari asked as Kate led her up two flights of steps and into apartment nine.

"My home," Kate answered.

The place was medium sized and the living room was painted in a light blue. There was a comfy looking three piece sofa set and a nice wooden coffee table. On the main wall was a large book shelf filled with books. On the other walls there were many pictures of Kate and many that Ari assumed were Kate's family.

"The kitchen is through there," Kate said, pointing to an open doorway. "And the bathroom is down this way along with the bedroom," Kate continued as she walked that way. "Make yourself at home. There's stuff in the fridge to drink and snacks in the cupboard," Kate told her, then headed for the bedroom. She changed from jeans and shirt to track pants and a t-shirt. When she returned, Ari was standing at the book shelf checking out Kate's books.

"Have you read all of these?" Ari asked.

Kate smiled at her and answered, "Yes, but only because I edited all of them."

Ari's eyes went wide. There must have been over a hundred books on the shelf. Kate smiled at her facial expression and then drew a book from the shelf. She opened it and gave Ari the book to read. There was a hand written inscription.

To Katelyn,

Thank you so much for all your help. Without your efforts this would not be possible.

With gratitude,

Emmitt.

Ari finished reading it and looked at Kate. "Are all of them like this?"

"Yes. They are all from the people whose work I helped to be published. One day soon your book will be here too." Replacing the book, Kate led Ari to the sofa.

"Want something to drink?" Kate offered.

"Some water please," Ari signed.

Kate got a bottle of water from the fridge and some orange juice for herself. Then she seated herself next to Ari and tried to get her little friend to open up.

"So tell me about you. Who is Arianna Mercer?"

"Not much to tell. I'm twenty two, almost through with college. I have an older sister. Back home, my parents own and run a small dairy farm. They produce and supply milk to several supermarkets. I want to be a writer more than anything else in the world, but my parents want me to do well in business studies so I can take over their business since my sister isn't going to. I don't really want to do it, but I'm a good girl and I always do as I'm told." With that last confession, Ari's eyes filled with tears and Kate held her again until she felt stronger.

"I'm sorry; you must think I'm so weak," Ari signed when she pulled herself together.

"No," Kate said as she took the girl's hand in hers. "You're not weak, just young." That said, she prodded the young woman about Zoe.

"Ari, what was going on with that girl? She said some very nasty things to you."

"Please Kate don't. You really don't want to know what... Let's not talk about it ... please," Ari signed as she pleaded. Kate decided to change tactics a bit.

"No Arianna, I want to know why she was being so cruel. I care about you very much," Kate said as she placed her hand against Ari's cheek. "Tell me please. Let me into your world," Kate begged.

For a long time Ari said nothing, just looked at Kate. Kate could tell that she was waging an internal debate about whether or not to confess to Kate. Finally she began to sign her story.

"When I came to college, I was young. I had just turned eighteen and I didn't know much about how life outside my small town worked. At first it was all so strange but then I got used to it. I never went to any parties or anything like that. I never dated. Then, during my second year, I met Zoe. She had transferred and became my new roommate. At first she was nice and really free spirited. She wasn't shy and would walk around our room naked a lot.

"She saw me looking at her body and she began talking about sex more and more. I had no experience whatsoever, had never even kissed anyone before. She talked about sex between girls and she made it sound so great. The more she talked about it the more I liked it until the day she kissed me."

Ari paused and closed her eyes. Kate waited patiently for her to continue. The memory seemed to be a very hard one for Ari.

"My first kiss and it felt great. I wanted more and Zoe gave more. We kissed and kissed and then she suggested that we take things further. She had me suck on her breasts and use my fingers on her a lot and I liked it because it made her feel good." There was a gleam in her eye as she said it again. "I made her feel good." Kate nodded. "Eventually she had me doing oral on her and she would say that I was the best she ever had.

"But as the weeks passed it became all one sided. She never touched me; she stopped kissing me. She would only have me pleasure her and then she would either be too tired to be with me or she always had somewhere else to be.

"I became her 'service girl.' And I didn't complain. For months, I just got her off and never asked for anything in return. Then one night she brought another girl to our room and she wanted me to service her too."

The tears started again. Kate immediately pulled Ari to her and held her tight.

"It's okay. Let it out baby. Let it out," Kate said over and over again as she rubbed large circles on Ari's back. When she calmed again, she continued.

"I refused. Told her I wouldn't go down on some random stranger. She called me a lot of horrible names, then spread it through the entire school that I was a lesbian and that I had tried to feel her up. For a long time my life was hell. The ugly looks the girls would give me, the jeers, the crude things the boys would say to me. For a time I just wanted to die.

"I moved to a different room, a single, and I poured myself into my studies and writing. I wrote my book and met Jade. And you."

Ari looked at Kate with red, swollen eyes, filled with such hurt. "You must think I'm horrible," Ari said, ashamed. She flew off the sofa and headed for the door, but Kate saw it coming and grabbed the insecure girl.

Wrapping her in a massive hug, Kate said, "No my beautiful Arianna, I don't think you are horrible. You are a submissive who was taken advantage of. But I am proud of you for standing up to that girl and for not letting what happened stop you from living.

"I know from personal experience how hard life is sometimes, and how easy it is to not want to move on at all. How very easy it is to stop living. I was there once but I survived and became better for it. You can too baby. You just need someone in your corner to help you get there."

Kate walked them back to the couch and they sat, still wrapped in each other's arms. When Ari finally calmed, she asked, "You're not disgusted with me? With what I've done?"

"Of course not little one," Kate said as she planted a soft kiss on Ari's forehead. Kate wiped away Ari's tears with her thumbs and smiled sweetly at the girl.

After a moment, Ari asked, "Kate, today when Zoe was there, what made you... Why did you act like that?"

Kate stroked Ari's arm affectionately.

"I saw that you were in trouble and I thought I could help." Kate said simply.

"But the way you acted with me in public, weren't you afraid of what people would think?"

"What would they think Ari?" Kate asked.

"That you're a, you know..." Ari trailed off.

"Ari, people will think whatever they want regardless. So let's not dwell on it," Kate said. Then she changed the subject. "Do you have plans for tomorrow?"

"No. Why?"

"Do you wanna spend the night here and we'll hang out tomorrow?" Kate asked. Ari thought for a moment.

"I don't want to impose," she finally said, but Kate could see a spark of want in her eyes.

"You're not," Kate said closing the door to any further protests.

Without another word, she dragged Ari down the corridor to the bedroom. She pushed her into the bathroom. Kate pointed out where the towels were and ordered her to shower and change into the clothes that Kate would lay out on the bed. Then Kate left to make dinner.

The bathroom was large with a porcelain tub and shower. There was lavender shampoo and conditioner and spring fresh soap.

Ari showered and washed her hair. After drying off she stepped into the bedroom to find a gray t-shirt and green boxers. She put them on and went in search of her hostess.

Kate was stirring a pot of soup when Ari appeared. When Kate turned and saw her, Kate smiled warmly.

"That smells heavenly," Ari signed.

Kate's smile turned into a grin.

"Don't be too impressed. It's from a restaurant. I'm just heating it up."

"You don't cook?" Ari asked.

"Nope. Can't cook to save my life."

Ari giggled and Kate was happy to see that her young charge was feeling better. They ate and chatted until Ari yawned. Kate ushered her into the bedroom and to the bed. When Ari protested that she couldn't take Kate's bed, Kate hushed her with a single look.

As Ari drifted off to sleep, Kate settled onto the sofa and wished that she was sleeping next to Ari. But after Ari's story, Kate knew she was too vulnerable to push anything with her.

As sleep overtook Kate, she swore that if nothing else, she would be there for Ari and support her. The girl deserved it.

Chapter 8

Kate awoke to the smell of coffee. Getting up and stretching her limbs, she headed for the kitchen. She found Ari sitting at her small kitchen table.

"Morning," Kate said and Ari jumped.

"Hey, good morning, I didn't hear you," Ari signed. Kate laughed.

"Shouldn't that be my line?" Kate said, amused by her friend. Ari was munching on a bowl of cereal.

"I would have cooked something but you don't have anything. But there is coffee. Can I pour you a cup?" Ari offered. Kate nodded and sat as Ari placed a cup of coffee in front of her.

They sat in silence for a while before Ari signed, "Thank you Kate, for yesterday and last night, and now." She reached over the table and covered Kate's hand with her own. Kate smiled at her warmly.

"You're welcome baby," Kate replied as she patted Ari's hand that held her own.

"So what do you want to do today?" Kate questioned.

Ari thought for a few moments then smiled sheepishly.

"There is one thing I'd like to do," Ari replied mysteriously. After Kate had some cereal of her own, they took care of the morning bathroom rituals, and headed out.

Their first stop was Ari's dorm room, where she changed clothes. Next they went sightseeing, because even though Ari had been going to college here for almost four years, she had never seen the sights.

They explored the museum and art gallery, had fun in the huge public library searching for books Kate had worked on. After having a late lunch at a quaint little restaurant they went to the zoo, something Kate hadn't done in years. They ended up at a grocery store for supplies. Ari wanted to cook for Kate.

At first Kate tried to talk the young woman out of it, but she persuaded Kate by pointing out that she was a great cook but had no one to cook for. Once Ari gave Kate puppy eyes she folded and agreed.

Kate realized that she probably wouldn't or couldn't deny this lovely young woman anything. She had fallen for Ari and fallen hard.

Kate convinced Ari to spend another night. They made a stop back at Ari's dorm so she could pack an overnight bag.

When they returned to Kate's apartment, Ari wasted no time. Kate watched in awe as the young woman moved about, chopping and dicing, stirring and mixing. When Kate offered to help Ari declined, saying this was her gift to Kate.

When done, Ari had produced a chicken pasta dish, a green salad and a chocolate cake. Kate opened a bottle of red wine and they ate and talked by candlelight.

Although Kate wasn't trying for it, the atmosphere came off as very romantic. Looking into Ari's eyes in the candlelight, Kate thought she saw something resembling desire there but put it off as her own brain's wishful thinking.

After desert, they moved to the sofa and Kate poured another glass of wine for each of them. As they got comfortable, Kate broached Ari's past again.

"Ari, can I ask you something personal?" Kate began.

"Well after yesterday, I don't think there's much that you don't know about me that isn't personal, so go ahead," Ari said with a small smile.

"Before this whole incident with Zoe, did you like girls or were you just persuaded into it?"

Ari thought for a while about how best to answer. When she began to speak, Kate saw some anguish in her eyes.

"Honestly Kate, I don't really have an answer for that. I never really thought about it. I just wanted to put the whole thing behind me and forget."

"I'm sorry for bringing it up," Kate apologized.

"It's okay. Can I ask you something personal?"

"Sure."

"After what happened yesterday, can I assume that you're, you know?"

"You know?" Kate repeated with a raised eyebrow. Ari fumbled around before she signed the word gay and then blushed.

"You should never assume anything Ari, but yes I am gay."

"And you've always been, gay?" Ari continued, blushing even more if that was possible.

"Ever since I started noticing girls," Kate said smiling.

"Oh; is it always so easy to know?" Ari signed, her face showing a sense of wonder at finding out about this subject.

"It's not a matter of easy Ari. It's how I feel inside. I'm attracted to women; I want to sleep with them. I've never wanted to sleep with a guy."

Ari thought long and hard. Kate realized that Ari never had anyone to talk to about this. And Kate wondered if Ari was puzzling out what Kate felt was a real possibility; that Ari was indeed a lesbian but didn't know it yet. When Ari finally signed her feelings, Kate saw the truth in Ari's eyes and felt a slight shift towards strength in Ari's aura.

"Kate, I don't know what I was before, but I know that I liked what I used to do with Zoe. And I don't want to experience that kind of closeness with any guys."

"Well baby, I think that means you're a lesbian. Welcome to the family," Kate said with a smile as she pulled Ari into a hug. They held on to each other a bit longer than necessary and when Kate released Ari, the younger woman didn't let go.

"Ari?" Kate made it a question.

Kate touched Ari's shoulders and gently pushed her back so Kate could look into her eyes. What Kate saw there was an innocence and vulnerability that touched her heart and produced a wave of desire that stirred her loins.

Without a second thought, Kate brought her lips to Ari's. It was a gentle brush of lips, soft and delicate, but it brought a tremble to Ari's body. Kate pulled back and for a moment she feared she had gone too far, too fast with the younger woman.

Kate watched Ari for any signs of rejection. Ari's hazel eyes were dark and held wonder and desire. Her cheeks were flushed and a shy smile tugged at her lips.

"Ari, I don't want to push you. If you say no right now I'll stop, but I'm attracted to you, really attracted to you. The things I want to do to you, with you... but I don't want to take advantage of you."

Ari bit her bottom lip, thinking. Kate thought it was very sexy and couldn't help herself. She kissed Ari again, this time with all the passionate emotions she felt for this remarkable young woman. Kate brushed her tongue gently against Ari's lips and felt them part. There was no resistance from Ari.

She deepened the kiss and shared her passion with Ari. Kate's tongue took possession of Ari's mouth as their arms locked around each other.

Kate let Ari's tongue into her own mouth and sucked hungrily on it. She tasted the remnants of the wine Ari had drunk and also the sweet taste that was all Ari.

She laid Ari down on the couch, never breaking the kiss. When their lips finally parted, both were breathless. Kate stared into Ari's eyes and told her what was in her heart.

"I'm in love with you. I know that may scare you, but its true. I've fallen for you, Ari. And I want to make love to you. If you don't want that, then please tell me; otherwise brace yourself because I will ravish you."